Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:45:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is the best mining option?
PoW
PoS
Other - I will describe in the comments so that my option is added to this poll

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 144 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Terracoin (TRC) - Est 2012  (Read 408658 times)
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2016, 04:53:44 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2016, 12:52:08 AM by clockuniverse

Been Mining Terracoin from the beginning, nice to see so much updating to the wallet happening!  Have already updated my node.

Thanks Helipotte!  Every miner that updates their wallet improves Terracoin.

I enjoy looking back on things like this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=261986.0

Over 1.2TH/s!!!  Shocked

Oh how the times have changed. TerraCoin has a bright future on its horizon!

I just posted on that thread in case people stumble across it because the future is bright for TRC.

I have had my node up for a day or two right now I have 20 connections of the 20 only 4 are version 9.12.1 the other 16 connections are older versions of the wallet.  I fear that not as many wallets as you may think have been updated.  We need to really get the word out there.

I know you recently started a Terracoin twitter account.  Try following and tweeting as many mining pools (even if they arent hosting a terracoin pool atm) and services like @NiceHashMining, @miningrigrental, @iSpacePools etc.  I've seen them in the past retweet important coin info to their own customers maybe return the favor tweet them too. It will be time consuming but do this on facebook and reddit as well.

@clockuniverse glad to see you followed through with bringing TRC up to date merged mining is def the future.
admin@httpfs:~/terracoin/src$ ./terracoin-cli getpeerinfo|grep subver
    "subver": "/Terracoin:0.9.12.1/",
    "subver": "/SatoshiClone:0.8.0.5/",
    "subver": "/SatoshiClone:0.8.0.4/",
    "subver": "/SatoshiClone:0.8.0.2/",
    "subver": "/SatoshiClone:0.8.0.2/",

Good to see you back Phatkiller!  It has been a long time.  You still on Reddit?

Good idea on tweeting at those mining pools.  I will tweet at them soon.  I wish I didn't hate twitter so much.  Someone tweet a pig at me.  I like pigs.

I just checked my Ubuntu test wallet, and I noticed that it only had 8 peers and only 1 of them was a .9.12.1 peer.  I deleted the peer file and I will see what happens.  With the Windows wallet it did take a long while before the new peers showed up.  I think it has to do with ping.  A lot of the old wallets have a terrible ping, but they are the first on the list since they have been online for so long, but once another peer shows up with a better ping they kick the old slow ping peer.

Here is my Windows peer info:

EDIT: I removed that never ending list because it was killing this page.  I will post a screen shot when I get home.
EDIT: This is after I deleted my peers.dat file.

.    Implemented!    .
. DASH’s Decentralized Governance, 
  MASTERNODES, and Instant Send.
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 10:07:51 AM

Has Vircurex already updated their wallet? I am beginning to sense some good volume movement initiating.
mrbodz

Activity: 800

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 10:49:22 AM

updating my node now
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2016, 12:55:06 AM

Has Vircurex already updated their wallet? I am beginning to sense some good volume movement initiating.

I don't think they have updated their wallet; they have never responded to my emails.  It looks like someone dumped 150k worth on there which is why the volume is high.

Make sure to get your coins out of there before block 833,000 or they could be lost forever.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

Terracoin-PR

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 01:04:15 AM

I don't think they have updated their wallet; they have never responded to my emails.  It looks like someone dumped 150k worth on there which is why the volume is high.

Make sure to get your coins out of there before block 833,000 or they could be lost forever.

It still looks nice, for now... Price is up 111% over 24 hours.

I highly doubt Vircurex will follow the fork as you stated so it will be best to abandon that exchange entirely. Time to begin looking for more trading homes for Terracoin.
bitwarrior
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 01:53:58 AM

I highly doubt Vircurex will follow the fork as you stated so it will be best to abandon that exchange entirely. Time to begin looking for more trading homes for Terracoin.

Maybe try adding TRC on Bittrex!
phatkiller

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 03:07:33 AM

That would be bad on their part I think they still owe Terracoin to customers from way back when they were compromised.

Last time they posted an update they owed 78,782 TRC back in January and I doubt they have recouped that much since then.

https://vircurex.com/welcome/ann_reserved.html

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2016, 04:56:12 AM

I was about to update the p2pool terracoin.py and I noticed that none of the existing nodes have the ports.  I want to make sure that the p2pool terracoin.py line 16 can replace from -

https://github.com/p2pool/p2pool/blob/master/p2pool/networks/terracoin.py

to this -

terracoinpool.ddns.net p2p.hashpool.eu trc.multicoin.co

Thanks!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

adorid

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 06:15:22 AM

i changed config file:
BOOTSTRAP_ADDRS = 'terracoinpool.ddns.net p2p.hashpool.eu trc.multicoin.co'.split(' ')

Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 08:15:39 AM

Maybe try adding TRC on Bittrex!
this could be a good idea list this coin also to bittrex to get more investors involves.
Terracoin-PR

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 09:45:44 PM

Keep your eyes open for a new giveaway soon. Details will be posted here as well as a separate thread.

Easy way to earn yourself some TRC!
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2016, 09:11:40 PM

Getting on Bittrex could be a good idea.  I will send in the submission info they require.

I have updated the the p2pool terracoin.py.  Somebody make sure that I did it correctly.  Thanks: https://github.com/p2pool/p2pool/compare/master...clockuniverse:patch-1

@Phatkiller: Yeah, I am not sure Vircurex has paid off those missing funds, so I would pull all funds out of there.

@adorid:  How is it working with the change?

Thanks!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2016, 09:25:11 PM

The price is low right now since someone dumped 150k.  Might as well pick up as much as you can before the price starts to rise after the hard fork!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

crysx

Activity: 364
Merit: 260

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2016, 12:36:12 AM

this seems to be a nice one to watch ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 12:59:17 AM

The price is low right now since someone dumped 150k.  Might as well pick up as much as you can before the price starts to rise after the hard fork!
yeah that's right because after the fork for sure big movement will happen to  the value of this coin, picking little by little now.
doriangray

Activity: 567
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 01:05:30 AM

this seems to be a nice one to watch ...

#crysx

Without a doubt one of the sleeping giant.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2016, 02:15:42 AM

I have been posting this link on the Cryptopia chat to get the word out about the hard fork:  https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/815?postId=4960

Feel free to post it yourself on Cryptopia chat.  Often people tip you some random coins because of it.

I believe that the price of TRC is getting hit hard right now is because people don't know that Vircurex isn't the only site that trades Terracoin. When someone reads that Vircurex won't be updating their wallet they think that is the end of Terracoin.

It isn't the end of Terracoin if Vircurex doesn't update their wallet.  Currently it is an opportunity to grab a bunch of cheap Terracoin, and move to a better exchange.

We just have to get through this hard fork, then we can work on everything else.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

bitwarrior
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 02:28:57 AM

I have been posting this link on the Cryptopia chat to get the word out about the hard fork:  https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/815?postId=4960

Feel free to post it yourself on Cryptopia chat.  Often people tip you some random coins because of it.

I believe that the price of TRC is getting hit hard right now is because people don't know that Vircurex isn't the only site that trades Terracoin. When someone reads that Vircurex won't be updating their wallet they think that is the end of Terracoin.

It isn't the end of Terracoin if Vircurex doesn't update their wallet.  Currently it is an opportunity to grab a bunch of cheap Terracoin, and move to a better exchange.

We just have to get through this hard fork, then we can work on everything else.

I think your mistaken Smiley Some whale has already entered the scene if you happen to see the sudden surge of TRC price going down.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 02:33:26 AM

I think your mistaken Smiley Some whale has already entered the scene if you happen to see the sudden surge of TRC price going down.
they just wants to shaken the holders to panic and grab every opportunity for them to full their bagholders and start the pump. good luck
adorid

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 04:57:52 PM

Getting on Bittrex could be a good idea.  I will send in the submission info they require.

I have updated the the p2pool terracoin.py.  Somebody make sure that I did it correctly.  Thanks: https://github.com/p2pool/p2pool/compare/master...clockuniverse:patch-1

@Phatkiller: Yeah, I am not sure Vircurex has paid off those missing funds, so I would pull all funds out of there.

@adorid:  How is it working with the change?

Thanks!

In true, i dont see difference))

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 144 »
  Print  

Jump to: