Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:06:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is the best mining option?
PoW
PoS
Other - I will describe in the comments so that my option is added to this poll

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 144 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Terracoin (TRC) - Est 2012  (Read 408658 times)
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 02:40:44 AM

I just updated the website, reddit and the OP.  Tell me if I missed anything.

The most important pieces of information are the two working blockchain explorers.

http://zpool.ca/explorer/TRC
http://terracoinexplorer.ddns.net

Zpool is good for looking at over all info, and terracoinexplorer (Hanzac's explorer - Thanks dude!) is better for looking up specific info.

Grin

If you click on the blockhash or tx hash you can see more details ^_^

Smiley You are right!  Sorry man.  I guess I didn't get click happy enough!

.    Implemented!    .
. DASH’s Decentralized Governance, 
  MASTERNODES, and Instant Send.
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 05:26:27 PM

Hi all,

I'm having many problems with the wallets/daemons atm. Both the windoze wallet & linux daemon have stopped sync for the last 2 weeks despite being the latest versions & pulled from the git repo. The block explorer is showing the same problem.

What has happened to the TRC network?

Edit: Also, the latest linux daemon doean't work with p2pool merge mining.

Are they stuck on block 829,999?  If so then you are on the old new wallet, not the new new wallet.  Just to make life interesting we used the same version number for the new new wallet .9.12.1  Smiley
After you update the wallet you will need to either delete the whole block chain and resync or just delete the most recent block and .rev file (I think, I am not next to a wallet right now, so I am typing from memory).
zPool has a working block explorer: http://zpool.ca/explorer/TRC and it shows aux being used to mine.

We currently only have a 32bit windows version of the wallet.  We should have the 64bit soon.

Tell me if that is not the issue.  Thanks.

Updating the wallet without updating the version number certainly didn't help.....I have managed to get all my wallets to sync though - I had to delete all my directories & redownload the blockchains again, took a while, but they're now working again.

Unfortunately they still don't work with p2pool though, so I presume the auxpow blocks found are with a non-p2pool pool. After checking through my logs I can see that it appears to be an rpc issue:

Code:
2016-10-06 21:07:31 Binding RPC on address 0.0.0.0 port 13332 failed.

where as the port binds fine:

Code:
2016-10-06 21:07:31 Bound to 0.0.0.0:13333

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 06:16:09 PM

Updating the wallet without updating the version number certainly didn't help.....I have managed to get all my wallets to sync though - I had to delete all my directories & redownload the blockchains again, took a while, but they're now working again.

Unfortunately they still don't work with p2pool though, so I presume the auxpow blocks found are with a non-p2pool pool. After checking through my logs I can see that it appears to be an rpc issue:

Code:

Code:

On this page of the thread people are talking about p2pool mining and some issues they had: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1364146.520

It looks like towards the bottom of the page people successfully started p2pool mining.

@Hanzac you got p2pool mining working, correct?

If anyone else has any ideas to help that would be great.  Thanks!!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

IconFirm

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 07:19:15 PM

Code:

Code:

On this page of the thread people are talking about p2pool mining and some issues they had: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1364146.520

It looks like towards the bottom of the page people successfully started p2pool mining.

I believe that was a different issue. I'm sure the problem is with the rpc binding in the wallet, here's how a properly configured rpc bind looks like (this is from my Myriadcoin logs):

Code:
2016-10-06 14:04:23 Binding RPC on address :: port 10889 (IPv4+IPv6 bind any: 1)

P2pool merge mining is dependant on rpc - if the rpc port isn't binding correctly (as reported in the TRC wallet logs above), then p2pool merge mining is impossible, as well as any other process that uses the rpc protocol.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 07:42:29 PM

I believe that was a different issue. I'm sure the problem is with the rpc binding in the wallet, here's how a properly configured rpc bind looks like (this is from my Myriadcoin logs):

Code:
2016-10-06 14:04:23 Binding RPC on address :: port 10889 (IPv4+IPv6 bind any: 1)

P2pool merge mining is dependant on rpc - if the rpc port isn't binding correctly (as reported in the TRC wallet logs above), then p2pool merge mining is impossible, as well as any other process that uses the rpc protocol.

Are you trying to p2pool mine with Windows or Linux?

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

IconFirm

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 07:57:58 PM

Code:

Are you trying to p2pool mine with Windows or Linux?

Only Linux. I try to avoid windoze as much as possible, especially with crypto. I also only use p2pool for mining, as it is designed for merge mining & caters for many alts.

IconFirm

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 08:19:59 PM

OK, I'm not quite sure what I did, but I just noticed a payment into my wallet from merge mining with p2pool. If I can replicate what it was I done to fix it, I'll let you know..... Tongue

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 08:43:49 PM

OK, I'm not quite sure what I did, but I just noticed a payment into my wallet from merge mining with p2pool. If I can replicate what it was I done to fix it, I'll let you know..... Tongue

Smiley We have a known issue with the Windows wallet that we are working on with Coinwarz so I just wanted to make sure it wasn't related to that.

I'll email Ahmed and see if he has any ideas.

In the meantime if you have idle hash you can always use zpool to pick up some TRC.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

IconFirm

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 08:50:31 PM

Smiley We have a known issue with the Windows wallet that we are working on with Coinwarz so I just wanted to make sure it wasn't related to that.

I'll email Ahmed and see if he has any ideas.

In the meantime if you have idle hash you can always use zpool to pick up some TRC.

Out of curiosity I just started up a windoze wallet & checked the logs to see if the same rpc failure is present - & it is:

Code:
2016-10-07 20:50:10 Binding RPC on address :: port 13332 failed.

Maybe this has something to do with the problem?

mrbodz

Activity: 800
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 09:26:55 PM

the p2pool shouldnt be binding to the rpc. Since the wallet is binded to the RPC
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 09:48:02 PM

I didn't see this post.  Did it somehow fix itself?  Definitely keep us in the loop.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

IconFirm

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 11:54:57 PM

the p2pool shouldnt be binding to the rpc. Since the wallet is binded to the RPC

That's the problem Ahmed, the wallet isn't binding to the rpc port - as the wallet logs I posted indicate.

hanzac

Activity: 425
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 01:37:19 AM

After going merge mining, we just need the p2pool for BTC and the terracoin node/wallet's RPC port.
So please make sure the RPC port is available for binding, if not you should specify another port by change the parameter.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2016, 06:56:38 PM

That's the problem Ahmed, the wallet isn't binding to the rpc port - as the wallet logs I posted indicate.

IconFirm: Did Hanzac's advice help?

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2016, 02:55:24 AM

Terracoin News Update

I have been working on the road map for TRC now that the hard fork is done and we have some good mining stats.  We still need to get the word out to a lot of sites to update their wallets, or that Terracoin is now alive and well.  Please inform everyone you can.  Thanks!

As I have been working on the road map for TRC it has become a series of questions.  The Terracoin Foundation doesn't want to dictate how things are run so as I work on the road map let's start with the simplest question.

Which two exchanges should we try and join?

Post your suggesting after this and I will update the poll here on this thread.

We will not be trying to get added to Yobits, or BTC-E, because there is too much controversy with those exchanges.  Yes, I understand the irony of me saying we won't dictate then immediately dictating something.

Terracoin-PR should be doing a TRC give away sometime soon.  He works full time and volunteers for other coins so he hasn't had time to get the give away going.  We currently have 32k worth of TRC in the general donations addresses and I would like to give away 30k of it.

Thanks everybody!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 02:58:03 AM

Terracoin News Update

I have been working on the road map for TRC now that the hard fork is done and we have some good mining stats.  We still need to get the word out to a lot of sites to update their wallets, or that Terracoin is now alive and well.  Please inform everyone you can.  Thanks!

As I have been working on the road map for TRC it has become a series of questions.  The Terracoin Foundation doesn't want to dictate how things are run so as I work on the road map let's start with the simplest question.

We will not be trying to get added to Yobits, or BTC-E, because there is too much controversy with those exchanges.  Yes, I understand the irony of me saying we won't dictate then immediately dictating something.

Terracoin-PR should be doing a TRC give away sometime soon.  He works full time and volunteers for other coins so he hasn't had time to get the give away going.  We currently have 32k worth of TRC in the general donations addresses and I would like to give away 30k of it.

Thanks everybody!

Go for bittrex!
hanzac

Activity: 425
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 04:08:29 AM

Terracoin News Update

I have been working on the road map for TRC now that the hard fork is done and we have some good mining stats.  We still need to get the word out to a lot of sites to update their wallets, or that Terracoin is now alive and well.  Please inform everyone you can.  Thanks!

As I have been working on the road map for TRC it has become a series of questions.  The Terracoin Foundation doesn't want to dictate how things are run so as I work on the road map let's start with the simplest question.

We will not be trying to get added to Yobits, or BTC-E, because there is too much controversy with those exchanges.  Yes, I understand the irony of me saying we won't dictate then immediately dictating something.

Terracoin-PR should be doing a TRC give away sometime soon.  He works full time and volunteers for other coins so he hasn't had time to get the give away going.  We currently have 32k worth of TRC in the general donations addresses and I would like to give away 30k of it.

Thanks everybody!

Why not btc-e, I bet they still own a lot of TRC. If TRC can re-list on it, many investors can still exchange the TRC in their BTC-e accounts (the TRC balance is still there in the BTC-e accounts)
Maybe we can re-list on bter too. BTER used to be a TRC exchange too.
Another one could be alcurex.com, it has low volume but have a good UI.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2016, 03:06:09 AM

Another Update

1. Vircurex is at block 833265 and no network hash.  This means that almost everyone who mines has updated their wallet!
2. Currently in the running for exchanges to add TRC to are:
  Bittrex
  Poloniex (I think I already filled out their add coin form, but I was pretty drunk.  I haven't heard anything back)
  BTC-E (I guess old TRC balances still show on there, and I have always wondered why they didn't dump hard when they de-listed it.  It also looks like they now show 8 places instead of their old way of doing it with 6.  They are having a phish/hacking problem since 10/2/16 - https://btc-e.com/news/233)
  Alcurex
  NovaExchange

Don't vote for these yet, I will make a poll on this thread.  Keep suggesting exchanges, but I think we should stick to getting listed on two more exchanges.  We need the volume on those exchanges before we expand more.

3. While Terracoin-PR gets the TRC give away ready I thought that it would be nice to thank the top five people in the community that have been active and helpful.  I want to give a 1000 TRC to each of these people because they have been an active great part of rebirthing TRC.  I know 1000 TRC is currently only about 2 USD, but I wanted to at least point out the awesome people in our new Terracoin community.

Here are the top 5 people who have really help recently.

mrbodz
hanzac
crackfoo
IconFirm
Spidersbox

This is an arbitrary list, so if you feel left out make sure to tell me!  Thanks again to everyone who has helped to make Terracoin move to the point that it currently is!

(Who owns that twitter account that often retweets terracoin_trc?)

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

EnacDomains

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2016, 03:51:01 AM

wasn't there another terracoin before this?

http://eNAC.com -Buy and sell domain names with Bitcoin
mrbodz

Activity: 800

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 09:09:25 AM

nope, this is that TRC
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 144 »
  Print  

Jump to: