Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:22:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is the best mining option?
PoW
PoS
Other - I will describe in the comments so that my option is added to this poll

Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 144 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Terracoin (TRC) - Est 2012  (Read 408626 times)
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 08:53:36 PM

I am happy to announce that together  with our p2pool services (www.e-pool.net)  we will start delivering also exchange services (www.nlexch.com)

we add in our exchange all altcoins we support in mining so for every coin we create the pairs as:

XXX/BTC  XXX/LTC  XXX/DOGE  XXX/NLG XXX/EMC

The code for Exchange it is still in beta testing so please inform us asap when something it is wrong at (info@e-pool.net or info@nlexch.com)

It doesn't look like your pool supports Terracoin.

.    Implemented!    .
. DASH’s Decentralized Governance, 
  MASTERNODES, and Instant Send.
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
amarian12

Activity: 619
Merit: 501

https://www.massict.com/

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 09:20:35 PM

I am happy to announce that together  with our p2pool services (www.e-pool.net)  we will start delivering also exchange services

we did had terracoin pool till was switched to merge mining .. but we are loyals

Imagine a future where IT infrastructures monitor themselves, are able to predict and respond to future business needs and can protect and heal themselves automatically.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 09:24:37 PM

I am happy to announce that together  with our p2pool services (www.e-pool.net)  we will start delivering also exchange services

we did had terracoin pool till was switched to merge mining .. but we are loyals

You don't like the merge mining?

Hopefully we will see Terracoin on the exchange services part!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

amarian12

Activity: 619
Merit: 501

https://www.massict.com/

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 08:16:06 AM

You don't like the merge mining?

Hopefully we will see Terracoin on the exchange services part!

i like it, but for the last few months i try to make the payment for p2pool code to work for merge mining (but no luck yet as i was focus on exchange code)

Imagine a future where IT infrastructures monitor themselves, are able to predict and respond to future business needs and can protect and heal themselves automatically.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 01:48:25 AM

May 18th Update – Pounding

Wow.  The price of Terracoin sure took a pounding over the last week.

There are a three of theories about why this happened.

1.  People saw Bitcoin take a slight drop instead of a steady increase so they cashed out altcoins.

2.  A whale from the past appeared to dump their holdings.

3.  The Terracoin Foundation is taking too long to implement DASH’s code so people have lost faith.

Let me address the third theory, since that is the most damaging theory.

I will admit that I am way overly optimistic when it comes to suggesting how long coding will take.

When we updated Terracoin from .8.4 to .9.12.1 it happened really quickly, but we only updated the necessary parts of the code to achieve the short term goals.

We are currently going back over the code and finding things that are now required to update such as the testnet, etc.

Adding the masternodes is a complicated experience not just because of the code, but because we want it to be as simple as possible to manage the masternodes and voting with decentralized governance.

We need to figure everything out, and get everything connecting to everything else.

Which is why I keep saying we want to test it for at least a month and a half.

So what does this all mean?

It means that The Terracoin Foundation is working hard, and you can help.

You can help by telling everyone that the DASH code is going to happen, a new website is going to happen, and we are going to have guides for everything.

You can invite everyone you know to the slack channel and you can offer any help or suggestions that you can.  Here is the public slack channel link.  It only lasts for another 24 days before I need to recreate it. https://terracoin.slack.com/shared_invite/MTgzODE5MDQyMjk1LTE0OTQ2MjI1NzYtZWQyZGYzMWU2OQ

Just in case you don’t understand how serious I am about Terracoin.

I have a back up person to take over just in case I die.

Here are the donation numbers.  These donations are for attraction more developers.  Please donate!  Every new developer helps to implement and test the new code.

Terracoin Donations

34,656.89725820 TRC

Bitcoin Donations

.17194391 BTC

Now for the terrible numbers!

These numbers aren’t really that terrible right now, but take a look at the 1 month or 7 day graph to see the beating Terracoin took.

30 days ago we were at 0.00001239 BTC (.0150 USD) and today we are at 0.00001264 BTC (.0240 USD.) In the past 7 days we have gone over the 2 cent price just once, which was right before I posted this.
We are ranked 257 on coinmarketcap with a market cap of $470,252 USD.  Last week our market cap was $384,615 USD.
Source: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/terracoin/

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

Elsada

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 05:39:07 PM

1.  People saw Bitcoin take a slight drop instead of a steady increase so they cashed out altcoins.

3.  The Terracoin Foundation is taking too long to implement DASH’s code so people have lost faith.

Let me address the third theory, since that is the most damaging theory.

I will admit that I am way overly optimistic when it comes to suggesting how long coding will take.

When we updated Terracoin from .8.4 to .9.12.1 it happened really quickly, but we only updated the necessary parts of the code to achieve the short term goals.

We are currently going back over the code and finding things that are now required to update such as the testnet, etc.

Adding the masternodes is a complicated experience not just because of the code, but because we want it to be as simple as possible to manage the masternodes and voting with decentralized governance.

We need to figure everything out, and get everything connecting to everything else.

Which is why I keep saying we want to test it for at least a month and a half.

So what does this all mean?

It means that The Terracoin Foundation is working hard, and you can help.

You can help by telling everyone that the DASH code is going to happen, a new website is going to happen, and we are going to have guides for everything.

You can invite everyone you know to the slack channel and you can offer any help or suggestions that you can.  Here is the public slack channel link.  It only lasts for another 24 days before I need to recreate it. https://terracoin.slack.com/shared_invite/MTgzODE5MDQyMjk1LTE0OTQ2MjI1NzYtZWQyZGYzMWU2OQ

Just in case you don’t understand how serious I am about Terracoin.

I have a back up person to take over just in case I die.

Here are the donation numbers.  These donations are for attraction more developers.  Please donate!  Every new developer helps to implement and test the new code.

Terracoin Donations

34,656.89725820 TRC

Bitcoin Donations

.17194391 BTC

Now for the terrible numbers!

These numbers aren’t really that terrible right now, but take a look at the 1 month or 7 day graph to see the beating Terracoin took.

30 days ago we were at 0.00001239 BTC (.0150 USD) and today we are at 0.00001264 BTC (.0240 USD.) In the past 7 days we have gone over the 2 cent price just once, which was right before I posted this.
We are ranked 257 on coinmarketcap with a market cap of $470,252 USD.  Last week our market cap was $384,615 USD.
Source: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/terracoin/

It's quite good , Dev. You should have some detailed actions to promote this coin on the bigger exchanges.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 07:29:41 PM

It's quite good , Dev. You should have some detailed actions to promote this coin on the bigger exchanges.

We have already submitted TRC to Poloniex, Bittrex and BTC-E.  They all pretty much said that we need to generate more buzz about the coin before they accept it.  So spread the word!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

johnwhitestar

Activity: 697
Merit: 262

Slimcoin - the Proof of Donation inventors!

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 06:58:13 PM

There actually another possible reason:
4) Some of the miners that do not agree to mine while the masternode system will be implemented are protesting in this way or maybe they just cashing out because they do not want to go on with the TRC. I think it's a good thing because it's better for TRC that everybody has a clear idea of what he wants and what he doesn't want.

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2017, 01:59:59 AM

There actually another possible reason:
4) Some of the miners that do not agree to mine while the masternode system will be implemented are protesting in this way or maybe they just cashing out because they do not want to go on with the TRC. I think it's a good thing because it's better for TRC that everybody has a clear idea of what he wants and what he doesn't want.

After the price rise all the miners I know decided masternodes was a great idea for Terracoin.

We have two developers currently working on it, and I am talking with another.  If anyone knows more developers have them PM me.  The more we have working on it the faster we can get it implemented.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2017, 09:36:53 AM

After the price rise all the miners I know decided masternodes was a great idea for Terracoin.

That's strange, all the miners I know thought it was a terrible idea - me included. No miner would be happy about having their mining reward reduced.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 02:39:38 AM

That's strange, all the miners I know thought it was a terrible idea - me included. No miner would be happy about having their mining reward reduced.

Smiley I thought we had won you over considering the price is double what it was when you stated your side and was 4 times higher for a while.

Honestly, I think you argument isn't really valid.  You want more TRC per block but if TRC is worthless then what is the point?

TRC will be worthless without the development we are trying to implement.

Take a look at Virucrex which is running on the old blockchain.  This is what you want:  https://vircurex.com/welcome/index?alt=btc&base=trc&locale=en

Instead of digging your heels in and trying to sabotage what we are working for it; why don't you try and come up with something constructive?

From past exchanges you must know that I value your input, so lets work together as a team to improve Terracoin.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 09:34:49 AM

TRC is fine as a pure POW coin, price isn't everything.

Better off starting a new coin & calling it DASHCRW, or CRWDASH like all the other P&D masternode clones.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
samspaces
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1030

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 02:05:36 PM

Noticed that Terracoin addresses are interchangeable with Bitcoin addresses. 
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 03:16:46 PM

Yes they are.  A lot of the earlier copies of Bitcoin did that.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

samspaces
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1030

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 09:47:45 PM

You know of any others that are still around? Couldn't come up with one.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 09:54:36 PM

You know of any others that are still around? Couldn't come up with one.

For some reason I thought litecoin was like that.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

hanzac

Activity: 425

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 02:48:02 AM

@clockuniverse, can you add the Dash Governance Proposal link in the first page? So everyone can easily see this.
My idea is that the percentage of mined coins allocated to the master nodes and the foundation address, should also be voted by the governance system.
What do you think?

Everyone is free to operate the master nodes including the miners. So let's vote it and decide what's the proper number.
johnwhitestar

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:55:45 AM

But what does it imply? Is there any practical use of it?

johnwhitestar

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:57:30 AM

@clockuniverse, can you add the Dash Governance Proposal link in the first page? So everyone can easily see this.
My idea is that the percentage of mined coins allocated to the master nodes and the foundation address, should also be voted by the governance system.
What do you think?

Everyone is free to operate the master nodes including the miners. So let's vote it and decide what's the proper number.

What will happen if some majority TRC holder decide to set up a lot of masternodes and will vote to send all the mined TRC to an address owned by him?

johnwhitestar

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 12:45:24 PM

Smiley I thought we had won you over considering the price is double what it was when you stated your side and was 4 times higher for a while.

Honestly, I think you argument isn't really valid.  You want more TRC per block but if TRC is worthless then what is the point?

TRC will be worthless without the development we are trying to implement.

Take a look at Virucrex which is running on the old blockchain.  This is what you want:  https://vircurex.com/welcome/index?alt=btc&base=trc&locale=en

Instead of digging your heels in and trying to sabotage what we are working for it; why don't you try and come up with something constructive?

From past exchanges you must know that I value your input, so lets work together as a team to improve Terracoin.

What will happen if suddenly all the miners decide to stop mining?

Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 144 »
  Print  

Jump to: