May 26, 2024, 06:06:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: best coin on the market?
VERGE - 294 (40.8%)
XVG - 427 (59.2%)
Total Voters: 721

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 667 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!]  (Read 843560 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (51 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Yolo123

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 02:42:37 AM

Could someone please build a comparative table for Verge and it's major competitors or at least the mains differences. What makes it special

There is a list here of Anon coins:

https://minkiz.co/coin/anon

As for comparison, it's nothing I know of compares the functions etc.

What is I2P?

I2P is an anonymous overlay network - a network within a network. It is intended to protect communication from dragnet surveillance and monitoring by third parties such as ISPs.
I2P is used by many people who care about their privacy: activists, oppressed people, journalists and whistle blowers, as well as the average person.
No network can be "perfectly anonymous". The continued goal of I2P is to make attacks more and more difficult to mount. Its anonymity will get stronger as the size of the network increases and with ongoing academic review.

How does it work?

To anonymize the messages sent, each client application has their I2P "router" build a few inbound and outbound "tunnels" - a sequence of peers that pass messages in one direction (to and from the client, respectively). In turn, when a client wants to send a message to another client, the client passes that message out one of their outbound tunnels targeting one of the other client's inbound tunnels, eventually reaching the destination. Every participant in the network chooses the length of these tunnels, and in doing so, makes a tradeoff between anonymity, latency, and throughput according to their own needs. The result is that the number of peers relaying each end to end message is the absolute minimum necessary to meet both the sender's and the receiver's threat model.

The first time a client wants to contact another client, they make a query against the fully distributed "network database" - a custom structured  distributed hash table (DHT) based off the Kademlia algorithm. This is done to find the other client's inbound tunnels efficiently, but subsequent messages between them usually includes that data so no further network database lookups are required.

https://geti2p.net/en/about/intro

i2P by far offers the most privacy. i2P works like "another internet" and each user contributes to the network, like file sharing, but they do not know the entire content to which they share - kinda like a torrent type of sharing.

This is true anonymity - not compromised, by mixers.

Verge has a heap of resources and a very active Dev, who has worked his butt off.

Thanks for the explanation!

No problems. It has been explained before, but I thought I would post this, as no one answered the question.

We should probably be more concerned about questions like this, rather than talk about Poloniex adding XVG.

XVG has been on the first page of Bittrex since name change, but I am pretty sure that most people don't know why it is a better alternative to the "so called anonymous" other coins. The majority of people still believe we don't need anon coins, because of Bitcoin mixers.

Your data is not your data anymore, it is your ISP's, Governments, Googles and anyone else who has enough money or power.

Verge offers no boundaries - we are on the Verge!

I am convinced, I will setup i2p soon
TheSignsGuy

Activity: 318
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 02:48:54 AM

Could someone please build a comparative table for Verge and it's major competitors or at least the mains differences. What makes it special

What is I2P?

I2P is an anonymous overlay network - a network within a network. It is intended to protect communication from dragnet surveillance and monitoring by third parties such as ISPs.
I2P is used by many people who care about their privacy: activists, oppressed people, journalists and whistle blowers, as well as the average person.
No network can be "perfectly anonymous". The continued goal of I2P is to make attacks more and more difficult to mount. Its anonymity will get stronger as the size of the network increases and with ongoing academic review.

How does it work?

To anonymize the messages sent, each client application has their I2P "router" build a few inbound and outbound "tunnels" - a sequence of peers that pass messages in one direction (to and from the client, respectively). In turn, when a client wants to send a message to another client, the client passes that message out one of their outbound tunnels targeting one of the other client's inbound tunnels, eventually reaching the destination. Every participant in the network chooses the length of these tunnels, and in doing so, makes a tradeoff between anonymity, latency, and throughput according to their own needs. The result is that the number of peers relaying each end to end message is the absolute minimum necessary to meet both the sender's and the receiver's threat model.

The first time a client wants to contact another client, they make a query against the fully distributed "network database" - a custom structured  distributed hash table (DHT) based off the Kademlia algorithm. This is done to find the other client's inbound tunnels efficiently, but subsequent messages between them usually includes that data so no further network database lookups are required.

i2P by far offers the most privacy. i2P works like "another internet" and each user contributes to the network, like file sharing, but they do not know the entire content to which they share - kinda like a torrent type of sharing.

Verge has a heap of resources and a very active Dev, who has worked his butt off.

No problems. It has been explained before, but I thought I would post this, as no one answered the question.

We should probably be more concerned about questions like this, rather than talk about Poloniex adding XVG.

XVG has been on the first page of Bittrex since name change, but I am pretty sure that most people don't know why it is a better alternative to the "so called anonymous" other coins. The majority of people still believe we don't need anon coins, because of Bitcoin mixers.

Your data is not your data anymore, it is your ISP's, Governments, Googles and anyone else who has enough money or power.

I am convinced, I will setup i2p soon

My basic thoughts too.

I do not yet fully comprehend all of the I2P and anonymity stuff at this time, but I absolutely understand the need for it.

Started with DOGED a while back to help give me the incentive to look into it further and to be involved somehow. It also looked as if the dev was working his butt off to make one of the best currencies out there.

Focusing on VERGE's unique abilities and not worrying about Poloniex seems like a good idea to me.
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 02:49:01 AM

ya ,i think the comparisons and uniqueness of these coins must be added at the op
tennozer

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Bonus Claim Url: http://betonline.wager.bz

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 03:46:22 AM

Hey guys where are the XVG signature ads located? I could not find them in the OP. Thanks!

CryptocurrencyNetwork

Activity: 420

@CryptoOz

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 04:26:48 AM

Hey guys where are the XVG signature ads located? I could not find them in the OP. Thanks!

Code:
[center][table][tr][td][size=16pt][glow=black,1][font=Arial Black][color=#000000]_[/color][color=#a4833c]///// [[color=#ffffff]XVG[/color]] ★★★★★[/color][color=#0A8A8A]WE[/color] [color=#1E9E9E]A[/color][color=#3CBCBC]RE O[color=#3CBCBC]N[/color]  [color=#1E9E9E]T[/color][color=#0A8A8A]HE[/color] [color=#696969]VERGE ★★★★★ [[color=#ffffff]SCRYPT[/color]] /////[/color][color=#000000]_[/color]
[size=8pt][glow=black,1][font=Arial Black][color=#000000]_[/color][color=#808080]//// [url=http://vergecurrency.com/darknet.html][color=#ffaa00]TOR[/url] // [url=http://vergecurrency.com/i2pdarknet.html][color=#ffaa00]I2P[/url] // [url=http://vergecurrency.com/#wallets-top][color=#ffaa00]LINUX[/url] . [url=http://vergecurrency.com/#wallets-top][color=#ffaa00]WINDOWS[/url] . [url=http://vergecurrency.com/#wallets-top][color=#ffaa00]MAC[/url] . [url=http://vergecurrency.com/downloads/verge-android.apk][color=#ffaa00]ANDROID[/url] . [url=http://electrum-verge.xyz//][color=#ffaa00]ELECTRUM[/url] . [url=http://verge-wallet.xyz/][color=#ffaa00]WEBWALLET[/url] . [url=https://github.com/vergecurrency/][color=#ffaa00]GITHUB[/url] // [url=http://vergecurrency.com/][color=#ffaa00]WEBSITE[/url] // [url=http://vergecurrency.com/radio/][color=#ffaa00]RADIO[/url] // [url=http://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/verge/][color=#ffaa00]IRC[/url] ////[/color][color=#000000]_[/color][/glow][/td][/tr][/table][/center]

Zedux

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 05:39:14 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2016, 06:21:09 AM by Zedux

What is I2P?

How does it work?

I was asking dev some interesting technical questions regarding security/privacy so this is pretty much my conclusion... What some will try to achieve by the end of 2016 VERGE is already doing (just a technical comparison) plus dev has much more in store for the near future  Grin at first not having a "road map" seemed a bit odd but whatever "road map" was first thought felt light years behind where VERGE is now.

I think it's important to have a post explanation or short video on how VERGE works how it hides IP by starting connections already entered in the deepweb to emerge untraceable on the other end. Many people think Bitcoin is private so here to sum it up

Bitcoin = decentralized (PoW) , anonymous (as long no one wants to know where you and/or the coins are) and traceable (your IP is exposed even if transactions were to be mixed each one can be traced you and/or your coins).
So when you start sending receiving Bitcoins you are being traced all your data is being mined although you do it "anonymously" and your coins are very vulnerable to outside forces.

VERGE = decentralized (PoW), anonymous (as long as you want no one to know where you and/or the coins are) and untraceable (even if a hacker, the NSA, whatever wanted to find you and/or your coins they simply can't)

Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 06:08:28 AM

in crypto market just need surprise at this time to get attentions

the people it seems never care about the technology or anything

so,the question is how we can make the surprise,how to start

and how we can take these opportunity even if we just sell an APEM
Zedux

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 06:12:44 AM

in crypto market just need surprise at this time to get attentions
the people it seems never care about the technology or anything
so,the question is how we can make the surprise,how to start and how we can take these opportunity even if we just sell an APEM

more and more people are starting to care. bitcoin is busy working on mass adoption they can't educate people on what are basically flaws but now people are actually starting to find what's behind a coin people are tired of hyped coins with nothing in it. That's one of the reasons VERGE adoption is growing so rapidly and we see a big growth.

Take for ex. the current hashrate that's been going if you combine all other scrypt coins together (that are solo) they don't match VERGE's hashrate that puts things into perspective! WE are talking about 60 or so coins including some of the privacy concerned" coins and many top 50 mkt cap coins out there. So I say people do care  Smiley

fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 06:33:35 AM

never forget where you came from my dear Verge

Shocked Wink Cheesy

CryptocurrencyNetwork

@CryptoOz

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 06:36:59 AM

Shocked Wink Cheesy

Wow crazy hash rate - I would like to know how much of that hash is actually coming from China - you would be surprised.

endoffiat

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 06:43:19 AM

If people CAN NOT find your ip, then they CAN NOT steal your coins.

VERGE is the SAFEST crypto available today. FACTS ARE FACTS
Bitcoin is to EASY for hackers steal Angry
VERGE is to HARD for hackers to steal Cheesy

I believe that SECURITY is probably the biggest overlooked factor in all Crypto- Currencies.
VERGE is here to claim the title of the SAFEST coin available today.

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
CryptocurrencyNetwork

@CryptoOz

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 06:48:45 AM

this may give you a better idea on how i2p works:

Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 07:56:34 AM

Whoa, WTF....over 329,000 network hash kicked in just after 1:00 am EST.
Seriously?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
CryptoRekt

Activity: 377

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 08:08:31 AM

Whoa, WTF....over 329,000 network hash kicked in just after 1:00 am EST.
Seriously?

China baby.

///// [XVG] VERGE [Multi-Algo] \\\\\
_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
CryptoRekt

Activity: 377

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 08:09:35 AM

this may give you a better idea on how i2p works:

Excellent explanation ! Thanks for sharing this.

///// [XVG] VERGE [Multi-Algo] \\\\\
_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
johnnywoo2015

Activity: 824
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 08:40:04 AM

Seems we're going to under 10 sat... wtf  Huh
And polo don't care about us.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
?chooseusername

Activity: 109

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 08:48:01 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2016, 09:43:48 AM by ?chooseusername

What is I2P?

How does it work?

AWESOME!!! Thanks. This is really helpful

Many people seems to just care about P&D. I  just had a look to BATA and Anoncoin and they are similar to Verge, perhaps the closest to Verge?

Stealth coin and CLOACK coin seem to have their own anonymity algo, not sure how they compare to Verge.

Would you say that Monero is the biggest competitor for Verge?

I think it's healthy and interesting to discuss about this

EDIT: added Anoncoin
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 08:50:17 AM

Seems we're going to under 10 sat... wtf  Huh
And polo don't care about us.

Really>? Wow great time to buy then Smiley

To peel or not to peel.
?chooseusername

Activity: 109

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 08:52:59 AM

Shocked Wink Cheesy

Wow crazy hash rate - I would like to know how much of that hash is actually coming from China - you would be surprised.
Does Verge runs the same risk than BTC with the Chinese mining mafia?
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 08:58:41 AM

I must admit it is getting a little top loaded. HMMMMM well. I might buy more at 8 sat  Grin

I guess this is normal when the mining totally gets cained. So soak up these cheap coins while you can. When china starts paying attention to this coin you know whats gonna happen Smiley

I have seen this with other coins. Hold on to your hats. the 27 sat will soon be a drop in the ocean Smiley

To peel or not to peel.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 667 »
  Print  

Jump to: