May 05, 2024, 01:21:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: best coin on the market?
VERGE - 294 (40.8%)
XVG - 427 (59.2%)
Total Voters: 721

Pages: « 1 ... 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 [544] 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 ... 667 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!]  (Read 843553 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (51 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
coroner4300

Activity: 7
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:36:42 PM

I get what you're saying, but the same thing is happening on a lot of other coins Twitter accounts. Impersonating the official accounts - most definitely make sure you read the @NAME - often times it'll be one letter off or some shit.

Sorry you fell for it... sadly, I'm sure you won't be the last person to do so. We've all done stupid shit here and there - but hopefully learn from it. Sometimes, unfortunately, it's an expensive education.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boxalex

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:49:01 PM

I get what you're saying, but the same thing is happening on a lot of other coins Twitter accounts. Impersonating the official accounts - most definitely make sure you read the @NAME - often times it'll be one letter off or some shit.

Sorry you fell for it... sadly, I'm sure you won't be the last person to do so. We've all done stupid shit here and there - but hopefully learn from it. Sometimes, unfortunately, it's an expensive education.

I'am not a twitter guy, no idea about other coins. I mine XVG with all  my baikals for months, hence the reason this twitter message was of interest for me. I learned my lesson the hard way. But than again. An official webpage, twitter profil should not be like that either way. From official sites/profils someone should await that they are as clean as possible.

And thinking more and more about it, i honestly understand now twitters stance on crypto, while bevor i have fallen victim to such scam i just wondered what stupid move from twitter this is to ban crypto. Makes total sense now.

Anybody ever filled some complaint on the FBI Internet Crime Complain Center (IC3) site? Seriously, i won't let go this away just like that.
Rexler

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 09:18:53 PM

I've sold my stash thanks to the last pump. Now waiting patiently for the price to take a dive so I can get back. I heard there's a major partnership announcement coming in the next 2 weeks. I like how the verge team goes about the project. It's delightful to be on this train

Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 09:57:40 PM

I'am not a twitter guy, no idea about other coins. I mine XVG with all  my baikals for months, hence the reason this twitter message was of interest for me. I learned my lesson the hard way. But than again. An official webpage, twitter profil should not be like that either way. From official sites/profils someone should await that they are as clean as possible.

And thinking more and more about it, i honestly understand now twitters stance on crypto, while bevor i have fallen victim to such scam i just wondered what stupid move from twitter this is to ban crypto. Makes total sense now.

Anybody ever filled some complaint on the FBI Internet Crime Complain Center (IC3) site? Seriously, i won't let go this away just like that.

if you thought we have the ability to delete those scam tweets, we do not. we can only report them and block them, but everyone else can still see them. it is happening to all major coins right now. we're hoping twitter adds some sort of human verification.

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
giantkin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:28:12 PM

I dont use twitter.   i didnt like how the format worked.

I like forums better...  Wink

Discord is ok, but its a bit ...fast paced.

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 10:49:11 PM

I dont use twitter.   i didnt like how the format worked.

I like forums better...  Wink

Discord is ok, but its a bit ...fast paced.

glad you made it, i saw you in there! i gave you o.g. status immediately =]

BHTeam

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

https://www.crypto-coinz.net

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 10:58:13 PM

can someone post a valid discord invite?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Crypto-Coinz  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Guides | Calculator | Currency Statsitics | Masternode Calculator | Monitor Creator
▬▬▬▬  HUSH  KMD  ZEC  ZCL  ZER  ZEN  XZC  BSD  BTCZ  SIGT  VOT  ▬▬▬▬
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 11:05:34 PM

can someone post a valid discord invite?

https://discordapp.com/invite/vergecurrency

boxalex

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:11:59 PM

if you thought we have the ability to delete those scam tweets, we do not. we can only report them and block them, but everyone else can still see them. it is happening to all major coins right now. we're hoping twitter adds some sort of human verification.

I indeed thought there is. Actually after even trying to report all these scam i noticed that there is even No report function for scams. You can report every shit, but not scams, amazing. (or i just was not able to find such).

Filled an complaint to the FBI Internet Crime Complain Center (IC3) @ https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx/ which was actually easy to go through and submit. I can only advice other victims of internet scams to do the same. If indeed all coins are somehow victims, be it only for reputation, on twitter and these 1000s of scam messages than it would make some sense if the coins themself fill in such complaint, not?

There is 0 action by Twitter.com. In over 6 hours i even was not able to get to some human support ....
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 11:13:18 PM

I indeed thought there is. Actually after even trying to report all these scam i noticed that there is even No report function for scams. You can report every shit, but not scams, amazing. (or i just was not able to find such).

Filled an complaint to the FBI Internet Crime Complain Center (IC3) @ https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx/ which was actually easy to go through and submit. I can only advice other victims of internet scams to do the same. If indeed all coins are somehow victims, be it only for reputation, on twitter and these 1000s of scam messages than it would make some sense if the coins themself fill in such complaint, not?

There is 0 action by Twitter.com. In over 6 hours i even was not able to get to some human support ....

we had wrote the owner a few weeks ago. nothing yet.

giantkin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:15:22 PM

i was on discord wayyy to long today. (instead of working)

now im on there at home..sigh.

oh and i still have dogecoindark.exe installed on my desktop at home.. Wink

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)
so142001

Activity: 114
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:13:40 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2018, 03:31:53 AM by so142001

To the moon! Smiley

Calling all anons, let's get this coin to become #1.

LTCMAXMYR

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

DMD,XZC

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:37:07 AM

it is strongly recommend change algoes, kick off all ASIC

Never buy any ICO altcoin.
Never buy any ASIC altcoin.
Etherion

Activity: 512
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:25:12 AM

No longer on zpool.ca
NChink

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:24:00 AM

I don't get it though - how do people get into Crypto AND make a profit or survive if they don't even understand the basics of economics, trading, and perhaps common sense? The scam says you'll immediately receive 10x if you send them 1x. How in the world, would they not be insolvent at that rate? Maybe it's due to the supporting scammers who claim "yes, it works, I sent x and received 10x!"? Common sense folks.

Now if the scammer changed the language a bit: "Send me 1x now and 10 days later you receive 10x coins back", it completely changes the deal, but even then I'd only do this if it was in support of the original project and I'm pretty sure Verge would not promote another currency for this for obvious reasons.

Oh well, live and learn I guess?
UTN Vlog

Activity: 173

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:50:39 AM

I don't get it though - how do people get into Crypto AND make a profit or survive if they don't even understand the basics of economics, trading, and perhaps common sense? The scam says you'll immediately receive 10x if you send them 1x. How in the world, would they not be insolvent at that rate? Maybe it's due to the supporting scammers who claim "yes, it works, I sent x and received 10x!"? Common sense folks.

Now if the scammer changed the language a bit: "Send me 1x now and 10 days later you receive 10x coins back", it completely changes the deal, but even then I'd only do this if it was in support of the original project and I'm pretty sure Verge would not promote another currency for this for obvious reasons.

On the other hand anything is possible with some cryptos... Airdropping can sometimes (in the past) seem very generous.
sogol42

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:01:29 AM

web attack again , no mining again 4 hour Cry Cry
NChink

Activity: 76

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:05:26 AM

On the other hand anything is possible with some cryptos... Airdropping can sometimes (in the past) seem very generous.

Again, in order to promote or bootstrap the original coin. In this case someone from the outside (scammer) using 1 ETH in return for 10 ETH (same currency) doesn't quite fit an airdrop bill. Now IF it was from official (uncompromised) Verge, 1 ETH for X amount of XVG (different currency) would make more sense.
boxalex

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:17:40 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2018, 08:28:51 AM by boxalex

The scam says you'll immediately receive 10x if you send them 1x.

Actually no, the scam says you will get above of what  you have sent, it could even be additionally 0 .

How in the world, would they not be insolvent at that rate? Maybe it's due to the supporting scammers who claim "yes, it works, I sent x and received 10x!"? Common sense folks.

Actually it was exactly like that. An official Verge XVG thread about the hash attack and some 50+ people out of 80 claiming they got the bonus back without any warning from anybody at this time.
One of the main reasons i felt into that scam, all these people saying the got 2 Eth back, 5 Eth back, thank you very much Verge, thank you XVG for the gift and and and.....

Actually it was in some kind of support of the original tweet by Verge. As, like allready mentioned, the official Verge tweet was about the hash attack and the scam claimed: "Sorry for the attack, claim your compensation here ...", which gave it some sense at least. this combined with all the other "fake" people saying they got it made it look legit. I have to add that i'am new to twitter as well and the only reason i was there was due a reference on bitcointalk to this hashattack as all my baikals did not make a cent for about 3 hours due it, hence i felt for that compensation.

However, the thing with the other currency as you mention, i thought about it, but than i thought it might be something left from the crowdfund or so. But i agree. This thing made me a bit thinking, obviously not enough. Another thing that the scammer made very good is that on the fake scammer page you see a mass of transaction (which are fake), in-out, and a counter saying 580 of 5000 Eth are paid allready, which gives you the impression that if you do not make it fast the pot will be empty later and make you hurry.

Of course. Lesson learned the hard way. However, it just sucks to see that neither side is doing anything about it. At the time of writing only this scam on the official Verge twitter account has collected 28.0 ETH. I checked several of these scams and it seems that every scam uses its own ETH adress. I found this adress only on the Verge profil. No garantee of course its not used elsewhere. But the transactions fits with the times posted on the verge announcement.

And this is why it makes me angry.
- Twitter obviously does not delete such scams
- i was not able even to report that scam on twitter but had to go to the FBI page to do so.
- i was not able to get in 6 hours active search someone on twitter to explain the situation or even report it.
- i did not get an answer on twitter by verge either for hours.
- i was  not able to email verge as the email on the verge homepage simply does not work. https://vergecurrency.com/send-an-email  and it is still not working
- NO warning by Verge, even they are aware that on each announcement obviously 100s of fake posts and scams are following with the excuse it just happens to other coins as well. Ok, but i'am there because i'am interested in Verge, not other coins. How difficult can it be to add some warning by Verge itself after they are aware that twitter is not reacting and Verge followers follow victim to it?!?!
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 09:30:55 AM

The scam says you'll immediately receive 10x if you send them 1x.

Actually no, the scam says you will get above of what  you have sent, it could even be additionally 0 .

How in the world, would they not be insolvent at that rate? Maybe it's due to the supporting scammers who claim "yes, it works, I sent x and received 10x!"? Common sense folks.

Actually it was exactly like that. An official Verge XVG thread about the hash attack and some 50+ people out of 80 claiming they got the bonus back without any warning from anybody at this time.
One of the main reasons i felt into that scam, all these people saying the got 2 Eth back, 5 Eth back, thank you very much Verge, thank you XVG for the gift and and and.....

Actually it was in some kind of support of the original tweet by Verge. As, like allready mentioned, the official Verge tweet was about the hash attack and the scam claimed: "Sorry for the attack, claim your compensation here ...", which gave it some sense at least. this combined with all the other "fake" people saying they got it made it look legit. I have to add that i'am new to twitter as well and the only reason i was there was due a reference on bitcointalk to this hashattack as all my baikals did not make a cent for about 3 hours due it, hence i felt for that compensation.

However, the thing with the other currency as you mention, i thought about it, but than i thought it might be something left from the crowdfund or so. But i agree. This thing made me a bit thinking, obviously not enough. Another thing that the scammer made very good is that on the fake scammer page you see a mass of transaction (which are fake), in-out, and a counter saying 580 of 5000 Eth are paid allready, which gives you the impression that if you do not make it fast the pot will be empty later and make you hurry.

Of course. Lesson learned the hard way. However, it just sucks to see that neither side is doing anything about it. At the time of writing only this scam on the official Verge twitter account has collected 28.0 ETH. I checked several of these scams and it seems that every scam uses its own ETH adress. I found this adress only on the Verge profil. No garantee of course its not used elsewhere. But the transactions fits with the times posted on the verge announcement.

And this is why it makes me angry.
- Twitter obviously does not delete such scams
- i was not able even to report that scam on twitter but had to go to the FBI page to do so.
- i was not able to get in 6 hours active search someone on twitter to explain the situation or even report it.
- i did not get an answer on twitter by verge either for hours.
- i was  not able to email verge as the email on the verge homepage simply does not work. https://vergecurrency.com/send-an-email  and it is still not working
- NO warning by Verge, even they are aware that on each announcement obviously 100s of fake posts and scams are following with the excuse it just happens to other coins as well. Ok, but i'am there because i'am interested in Verge, not other coins. How difficult can it be to add some warning by Verge itself after they are aware that twitter is not reacting and Verge followers follow victim to it?!?!

actually we have made tweets about them being scams in the past. we get alot of messages about it, but seeing as there is absolutely nothing we can do about it right now, those messages are not a priority.

Pages: « 1 ... 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 [544] 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 ... 667 »
  Print  

Jump to: