Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:38:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crazy shit Bible says, crazy shit Christians say  (Read 31183 times)
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 12:27:15 PM

Oh there is nothing crazy if we all admit that Bible is nothing near absolute and has to be adapted to the age in which we are Wink

But tell that to the people thinking it's OK to smash a baby head with a rock or that the earth is only 7 000 years old Wink

To be honest in my life I've never heard about such people in my surroundings who thought it's OK to smash a baby's head with a rock for religious reasons. I've also never heard about people doing or promoting such ideas and getting away with that without some lengthy jail terms or forced mental treatment. But perhaps the christians I know aren't faithful good head smashing christians Smiley. I must admit they also believe in the geocentric astronomical model and a spherical Earth what is more than 4 billion years old. Heretics for sure Smiley.

As I see mate you are trying to generalize from a few lunatics and some out of context 3k years old stuff to more than 1bn present day people Smiley.
gregyoung14

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 12:37:22 PM

Haha. Why go elsewhere. You dont really have to go that far about shit and any other crazy shit out there. People talk shit about people. People talk shit about somebody else. Eveyone there is, everyone..

It's just a matter of seeing them in a different perspective. All stories i have to say have some context in them and that's what truly matters.
mainpmf

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 01:00:51 PM

Oh there is nothing crazy if we all admit that Bible is nothing near absolute and has to be adapted to the age in which we are Wink

But tell that to the people thinking it's OK to smash a baby head with a rock or that the earth is only 7 000 years old Wink

To be honest in my life I've never heard about such people in my surroundings who thought it's OK to smash a baby's head with a rock for religious reasons. I've also never heard about people doing or promoting such ideas and getting away with that without some lengthy jail terms or forced mental treatment. But perhaps the christians I know aren't faithful good head smashing christians Smiley. I must admit they also believe in the geocentric astronomical model and a spherical Earth what is more than 4 billion years old. Heretics for sure Smiley.

As I see mate you are trying to generalize from a few lunatics and some out of context 3k years old stuff to more than 1bn present day people Smiley.

I never met any people like this neither!
It's the first time I met people saying Earth is 7k years old, global warming is an invention and that the Earth is flat...

AND: They're all Americans ^^

Coincidence? I think not...  Cool

████████████████████████████
████████▄▄████████▄▄████████
█████▄███▀▀██████▀▀███▄█████
██████▀███▄█▄██▄▄████▀██████
████████████████▄▄████████
████▄▄███████████████▄████
████▄████████████████▀████
████████▀▀▀████▀█▀█████████
██████▄██████████████▄██████
█████▀███▄▄██████▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀████████▀▀████████
Truckcoin

For The Fastest Decentralized Global Market
▬▬     ANN Thread     WhitePaper     Twitter     Facebook     Google+     ▬▬

Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 04:09:04 PM

Actually the first page is one of the most accurate parts of the Bible, and fits surprisingly well to our present knowledge about the history of the universe:

[1:1] In the beginning when God created the heavens and the earth,
[1:2] the earth was a formless void and darkness covered the face of the deep, while a wind from God swept over the face of the waters.]

Universe as a singularity

[1:3] Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.
[1:4] And God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.
[1:5] God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.

Big bang

Let me stop you right there, at step one.  Earth was created before big bang?  Water before big bang?  Don't you need hydrogen and oxygen to have water?

In the Bible's phrasing "waters" means a lot of things from seas to the sky (space), just like earth what in this context means material what was "formless void and darkness covered the face of the deep". Don't forget that this book was written some 3k years ago (and probably was based on some older scripts) for a bunch of goat herders and farmers with limited knowledge about quantum/astrophysics so the language had to be relative simple, plain hebrew Smiley.

When the bible talks about separating the waters of the heavens from the waters of the Earth:

Quote from: Genesis 1:6-8
6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

This is because, bronze age goat-herders, didn't realize that the blue sky was not the same substance as the blue oceans... they thought the sky was water! (God thought the sky was water)

Note: When ancient people used the word, heaven... they interpreted the word differently than people of today... back then, heaven simply meant "the sky" (clouds are literally in heaven)
af_newbie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 04:15:25 PM

Christians who don't believe everything in Bible is true word of God are probably more educated and do understand what they read, i.e. the Bible was written by bronze age cave dwellers that did not know any science and used the moral code of that era.

However, the danger is when someone thinks that this book was in fact written by God.  Then they go off tangent and take these verses literally and kill people.

You probably did not read this whole thread.  But we have members on this forum who think it is ok to kill babies (against the rock), kill gays or own people.  And  provide reasons why it is ok to do so.  Read page 6 of this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1367154.msg13928898#msg13928898

I started this thread to expose the nonsense, vile shit this book spouts out.

Most Christians I know fall into two categories: Modern Christians and Bronze Age Christians.

Modern Christians try to reconcile the nonsense with what we know about the world today, make bunch of skip-overs, ignore this or that, but essentially believe in different nonsense: that some guy walked on water, was born to a virgin, is son of god and God himself, raised from dead as human, sent himself to get crucified for forgive the sins of human kind (instead of forgiving them) and most craziest of all, they think cracker turns literally into flesh of Christ, and wine literally turns into blood of Christ during mass every Sunday.

If you are a Modern Christian, and you not believe in science (evolution, big bang) you are a 'Bronze Age Christian'.

If you are a Modern Christian, and you believe in science (evolution, big bang) and believe in the other stuff (like cracker and wine changing into flesh and blood), you are educated, smart, 'Insane Christian'.

If you are a modern Christian, and you believe in science (evolution, big bang) and you do not believe in the other stuff (like cracker and wine changing into flesh and blood), you are educated, smart person, and you are not really Christian.  More like 'Cultural Christian'.

So I think we can classify Christians into one of the three categories:

• Bronze Age Christians - Bible is word of God, evolution did not happen, big bang is not true, "kill them all, let God sort them out" types
  • Insane Modern Christians - Bible is not entirely word of God, New Testament is true, Jesus is God, crackers turn into flesh, heaven is real, hell is real etc
  • Cultural Modern Christians - Bible, New Testament is not entirely word of God, don't believe in crazy shit Bible says, but believe in God and Jesus deities in general, don't believe crackers turn into human flesh right before their eyes during mass etc. These types place a Pascal bet, just in case all this shit is true.

I think most fall into the last two categories.  I worry about the first group.  Those people need to be hospitalized.

af_newbie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 04:33:33 PM

What I have problem is with people who try to tell me black is white.

But you don't mind telling everyone else that black is white.

Just like this guy saying "It says flat" and then posting quotes that don't say anything like that.

You can keep telling yourself that black is white, but don't expect me to agree.

Fuck, you are not getting it.

Take the Psalm 137:9 verse as an example.  

Tell me when is it ok to smash babies against the rocks?

You are ignorant of the Bible, so I'll go easy on you, but

When is it ok to kill gays?
When is it ok to own other human being?
When is it ok to kill someone because they worked on Sabbath?

I really would like to know, how can you rationalize the above?

Forget the crazy shit on page one, the creation story.  I hope you don't believe world was created in 6 days.  I'm assuming all Christians rationalize that one as a metaphor.  

It is ok to smash babies against the rocks if they come from an adultery of your wife.

Yes, it is fully ok to kill gays.
It is ok to own other humans when they commited a sin, or if their race make that they suit to this usage.
I don't know about working on Sabbath, please give us the full quote and I'll be able to help you understand the Truth Smiley.

Now, that is good stuff.  Finally, we have one true Christian who is not afraid to speak the truth.

Here is the verse about working on Sabbath.  Go:

Exodus 31:14-15New International Version (NIV)
14 “‘Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it is to be put to death; those who do any work on that day must be cut off from their people. 15 For six days work is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death.

This can be interprated two ways :

-Litteraly :

You have to kill him. However, there's two problems at this : you shall not kill, and you shall forgive.

-Metaphoricaly :

Everyone who works on Sabbath won't go to the Paradise. And thus will die for the eternity. That's how I interpret it after a quick reading.

Also, don't remember that most of the sins can be "washed". If someone prays to the Lord this day, I don't think that working from times to times on Sabbath is that awful.

And you call yourself true Christian?  Which part of "Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death" you don't understand?

You are not really a Bronze Age Christian then.  smashing babies, killing gays and owning people is ok, but working on Sabbath is ok?
I'm guessing you are getting paid double for working on the weekend?

af_newbie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 06:54:57 PM

Kirk Cameron tells us how humans were created Smiley Sit down on the floor, for safety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNIYp83gDt0

Losvienleg

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Gloire à la Victoire !

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 08:02:34 PM

Just like this guy saying "It says flat" and then posting quotes that don't say anything like that.

You can keep telling yourself that black is white, but don't expect me to agree.

Forget the crazy shit on page one, the creation story.  I hope you don't believe world was created in 6 days.  I'm assuming all Christians rationalize that one as a metaphor.  

It is ok to smash babies against the rocks if they come from an adultery of your wife.

It is ok to own other humans when they commited a sin, or if their race make that they suit to this usage.
I don't know about working on Sabbath, please give us the full quote and I'll be able to help you understand the Truth Smiley.

Now, that is good stuff.  Finally, we have one true Christian who is not afraid to speak the truth.

14 “‘Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it is to be put to death; those who do any work on that day must be cut off from their people. 15 For six days work is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death.

-Litteraly :

You have to kill him. However, there's two problems at this : you shall not kill, and you shall forgive.

-Metaphoricaly :

Everyone who works on Sabbath won't go to the Paradise. And thus will die for the eternity. That's how I interpret it after a quick reading.

Also, don't remember that most of the sins can be "washed". If someone prays to the Lord this day, I don't think that working from times to times on Sabbath is that awful.

And you call yourself true Christian?  Which part of "Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death" you don't understand?

You are not really a Bronze Age Christian then.  smashing babies, killing gays and owning people is ok, but working on Sabbath is ok?

I never worked on Sunday, and I never plan to, even for an increase of salary. I never called myself a true Christian. I even consider that I'm really bad one.

youdamushi

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 08:09:42 PM

-Litteraly :

-Metaphoricaly :

And you call yourself true Christian?  Which part of "Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death" you don't understand?

You are not really a Bronze Age Christian then.  smashing babies, killing gays and owning people is ok, but working on Sabbath is ok?

Yeah but no but yes but no but it depends and LOOK OUT: GOD IS TALKING!!!

*flee the truth*

PARADICE.io

af_newbie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 08:11:04 PM

-Litteraly :

-Metaphoricaly :

And you call yourself true Christian?  Which part of "Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death" you don't understand?

You are not really a Bronze Age Christian then.  smashing babies, killing gays and owning people is ok, but working on Sabbath is ok?

I never worked on Sunday, and I never plan to, even for an increase of salary. I never called myself a true Christian. I even consider that I'm really bad one.

You are a bad one??

Wow, I cannot even imagine what a good Christian is capable of doing.

Anyway, take care, just go easy on that babies and gays killing thing.

eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 08:12:18 PM

Is it about laziness?
If atheism is a religion, could laziness be one as well?
BAD Decker - you have the floor. Hit it.

mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 08:46:23 PM

Is it about laziness?

If laziness is a religion then I can become an adept xD

Anyway none of the dumbasses here have ever answered to the original questions. They still never explained why the Earth is flat and square in the Bible...

Moloch

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 08:57:22 PM

Is it about laziness?

Anyway none of the dumbasses here have ever answered to the original questions. They still never explained why the Earth is flat and square in the Bible...

Or why God thinks the sky is blue because it is made of water... (Genesis chapter 1, day 2)
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 08:58:30 PM

Is it about laziness?

Or why God thinks the sky is blue because it is made of water... (Genesis chapter 1)

Ahah, didn't know that. It's a good way to end any logical discussion xD

Moloch

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:00:00 PM

Is it about laziness?

Or why God thinks the sky is blue because it is made of water... (Genesis chapter 1, day 2)

"God separated the waters above (sky) the firmament (land), from the waters below (oceans) the firmament"
af_newbie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 09:03:14 PM

Is it about laziness?

Or why God thinks the sky is blue because it is made of water... (Genesis chapter 1)

"God separated the waters above the firmament (land) from the waters below the firmament"

If by the waters above the firmament... God meant, "the vacuum of space"... ...

Can you blame him?  He lived during Bronze Age, he knew what people at that time knew, which is jack squat. 

Moloch

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 03:05:08 AM

Is it about laziness?

"God separated the waters above (sky) the firmament (land), from the waters below (oceans) the firmament"

Can you blame him?  He lived during Bronze Age, he knew what people at that time knew, which is jack squat.  

I don't understand why God had to separate the water from the water on day 2... Couldn't he have just left all the water, skipped ahead a few chapters, and began Genesis with Noah and the flood story?

I'm not saying the talking snake and magic apple aren't cool, but the story doesn't really get good until God murders the entire planet
mrflibblehat

Activity: 350

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 03:21:47 AM

the story doesn't really get good until God murders the entire planet

That's sad and funny at the same time.

Moloch

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 03:24:00 AM

You just summarized the entire bible
mainpmf

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 12:32:14 PM

You just summarized the entire bible

Yeah but consequences are more sad than funny Wink

████████▄▄████████▄▄████████
█████▄███▀▀██████▀▀███▄█████
██████▀███▄█▄██▄▄████▀██████
████████████████▄▄████████
████▄▄███████████████▄████
████▄████████████████▀████
████████▀▀▀████▀█▀█████████
██████▄██████████████▄██████
█████▀███▄▄██████▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀████████▀▀████████
Truckcoin

For The Fastest Decentralized Global Market
▬▬     ANN Thread     WhitePaper     Twitter     Facebook     Google+     ▬▬

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: