Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:16:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Krypton, KR - BaaS Corp & Open Source, Public Blockchain for Business/IoT  (Read 167781 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Meech

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 03:12:01 PM

Wallet will not synch, shows 0 peers and port is open with firewall off.  I added the three nodes at the console but still nothing.

Must be some other problem, Meech. Everything working fine here. Try downloading the Krypton chain from Cryptochainer.

http://cryptochainer.com/dir/?page_id=881

It's always easy to get help live on Krypton's slack. Click here for a self-invite:

http://slack.krypton.rocks
Thank you.  Will try later.  Ports are open though and wallet shows connected but no peers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 02:07:23 AM

I can see that happening but I don't see it happening fast.

Well, it could all depend if development process speeds up before we even know it. Even so, I am very optimistic for Krypton. I have the feeling that it will become the next ETH (or even better). Since The DAO hack/exploit happened lately, it will only be a matter of time before Krypton smart contract devs take a look at these flaws and decide to make even a better DAO (perhaps?)

Anyways, let's see how Krypton goes during the next months. I hope to see the very first dapp (smart contract) developed for it real soon.  Cheesy

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
gogodr

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 07:58:25 AM

I can see that happening but I don't see it happening fast.

Well, it could all depend if development process speeds up before we even know it. Even so, I am very optimistic for Krypton. I have the feeling that it will become the next ETH (or even better). Since The DAO hack/exploit happened lately, it will only be a matter of time before Krypton smart contract devs take a look at these flaws and decide to make even a better DAO (perhaps?)

Anyways, let's see how Krypton goes during the next months. I hope to see the very first dapp (smart contract) developed for it real soon.  Cheesy

Your optimism is well warranted. But don't fool yourself. Its not the next eth and most probably wont be but it does have lots of room for growth.
covertress (OP)

Activity: 694
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 08:28:00 AM

Wallet will not synch, shows 0 peers and port is open with firewall off.  I added the three nodes at the console but still nothing.

Must be some other problem, Meech. Everything working fine here. Try downloading the Krypton chain from Cryptochainer.

http://cryptochainer.com/dir/?page_id=881

It's always easy to get help live on Krypton's slack. Click here for a self-invite:

http://slack.krypton.rocks
Thank you.  Will try later.  Ports are open though and wallet shows connected but no peers.

I had similar problem while running PIA. Try disconnecting VPN and re-starting.
hughbt

Activity: 613
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 08:35:47 AM

People seem to underestimate Krypton. Article at themerkle gave it a big boost. I agree that there is lots of room for growth. When the first contracts will be released it can easily go 5-10x up. If Krypton eliminates ETH's security problems 1 million $ marketcap will be nothing.
covertress (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 11:03:01 AM

Some serious accumulation happening on Bittrex Exchange.

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-KR
covertress (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 11:24:23 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2016, 03:05:54 PM by covertress

People seem to underestimate Krypton. Article at themerkle gave it a big boost. I agree that there is lots of room for growth. When the first contracts will be released it can easily go 5-10x up. If Krypton eliminates ETH's security problems 1 million $ marketcap will be nothing.

hughbt, that's exactly what we're planning. KR's core development team is working now towards the goal of rewriting the entire KVM client in a more sane language, eliminating security issues inherient in the EVM. Of course, this will take quite some time, so don't expect this news to break overnight.

At the same time, we are working on our first major project which will remain a secret until we are well into it. However, I'm sure that the crypto community will love it. As we will be launching this project before the KVM rewrite, you can also assume that this will take some time to proof for security holes prior to launch.

Meanwhile, we will throw a few quick contracts onto the chain to get everyone excited. Stay tuned.

Now, I'm pretty sure the team is going to shoot me for telling you all this, since we are several months away from any major delivery but, I just wanted to give you the heads up that we are diligently busy in the background, working to make Krypton a viable platform for business use.

I'm also in the process of reaching out to universities around the world, telling them about Krypton and KR's lower-cost chain (as opposed to ETH) for Solidity development and testing. In the same vein, I invite all Solidity developers to come poke around KR and bring your projects here. It is surely less expensive for you to test your contracts and dApps here than on Ethereum. Whether they stay here in the short term is not my concern at the moment. I'm planning Krypton's future and I'm sure you'll be back. Devs, please join us in the #development room on Krypton's slack. http://slack.krypton.rocks
Andeze17

Activity: 650
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 04:02:05 PM

hughbt, that's exactly what we're planning. KR's core development team is working now towards the goal of rewriting the entire KVM client in a more sane language, eliminating security issues inherient in the EVM. Of course, this will take quite some time, so don't expect this news to break overnight.

At the same time, we are working on our first major project which will remain a secret until we are well into it. However, I'm sure that the crypto community will love it. As we will be launching this project before the KVM rewrite, you can also assume that this will take some time to proof for security holes prior to launch.

Meanwhile, we will throw a few quick contracts onto the chain to get everyone excited. Stay tuned.

Now, I'm pretty sure the team is going to shoot me for telling you all this, since we are several months away from any major delivery but, I just wanted to give you the heads up that we are diligently busy in the background, working to make Krypton a viable platform for business use.

I'm also in the process of reaching out to universities around the world, telling them about Krypton and KR's lower-cost chain (as opposed to ETH) for Solidity development and testing. In the same vein, I invite all Solidity developers to come poke around KR and bring your projects here. It is surely less expensive for you to test your contracts and dApps here than on Ethereum. Whether they stay here in the short term is not my concern at the moment. I'm planning Krypton's future and I'm sure you'll be back. Devs, please join us in the #development room on Krypton's slack. http://slack.krypton.rocks

Thanks for the great update!
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 01:48:53 AM

Agree. Since the article was posted at The Merkle, the pump for Krypton began but now I guess that it is over. Still, I wonder what will happen to the price once the first dapps are released. It would be pretty cool to establish a dapp marketplace for Krypton where you can browse a list of both free and paid dapps (smart contracts) to be executed. The paid ones would require you to pay KR coins, of course but it will be a great way to support funding for development of the platform as well. Just sharing my suggestions by the way.

Now, I wonder if we could see the very first DAO or DO (decentralized organization) within Krypton blockchain.  Roll Eyes

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
covertress (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 11:33:15 PM

I know that there are many of you who would like to learn to code in Solidity but do not know where to begin.

You are not alone. Though I am Krypton's Founder and Project Manager, I am not yet one of Krypton's developers.

However, I have begun to compile a simple tutorial that anyone can follow along with and get started with Solidity.

Some members of Krypton's Slack room are also helping to expand this tutorial (only begun tonight!)

I invite you to take a look.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xn1frVpyjBJI0KCJt94Nok_meQY0o3Xd6yZUxSE-gUM/edit?usp=sharing

If you see any changes that could be made to correct errors or just to make it more readable, please PM me in Krypton's Slack so I can give you edit permission.

http://slack.krypton.rocks << Click here for a self-invite to Krypton's Slack, if you're not already there.

This is only a first-draft. There are plans to incorporte screenshots and many many more details.

Check back daily and watch this document grow. You'll also be witnessing my development into a Solidity dev as the tutorial progresses.

I hope you enjoy learning as much as I do and will gain from this tutorial.
ashapasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 07:56:29 AM

I like the project and having a woman as a lead is a plus   Smiley. However marketcap is extremely small, I wonder how krypton can fund itself for further development. Do you guys have any plans to raise further capital e.g ico phase 2
covertress (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 10:42:08 AM

I like the project and having a woman as a lead is a plus   Smiley. However marketcap is extremely small, I wonder how krypton can fund itself for further development. Do you guys have any plans to raise further capital e.g ico phase 2

Hello, ashapasa. Great question and one I have not addressed yet. My short answer is NO.

Krypton will not be adding any additional coins nor doing another crowdfunding campaign.

I am actively seeking angel investors, however, for seed financing in order to employ more full-time developers, in addition to the volunteer devs Krypton currently has.
covertress (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 10:46:25 AM

Nice to see Krypton trending on CoinmarketCap.  Cheesy

https://coinmarketcap.com/gainers-losers/

[Click 7 day tab to see these results.]
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 06:13:57 PM

Hi people!

What was ICO price for krypton?

covertress (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 06:44:03 PM

Hi people!

Krypton's Crowd Funding Campaign lasted several weeks and was priced from 6,000 to 8,000 satoshis. You can read the  details of the CFC here on Krypton's website: http://krypton.rocks
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 06:56:45 PM

Hi people!

Krypton's Crowd Funding Campaign lasted several weeks and was priced from 6,000 to 8,000 satoshis. You can read the  details of the CFC here on Krypton's website: http://krypton.rocks

thanks! that means we still can get Kryptons for the ico price on trex Smiley is there an userfriendly mac wallet or an secure webwallet?
covertress (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 07:11:54 PM

Hi people!

Krypton's Crowd Funding Campaign lasted several weeks and was priced from 6,000 to 8,000 satoshis. You can read the  details of the CFC here on Krypton's website: http://krypton.rocks

thanks! that means we still can get Kryptons for the ico price on trex Smiley is there an userfriendly mac wallet or an secure webwallet?

Yes, twistelaar. There is a gui KR QT Mac wallet available on both our website and on the Krypton OP.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1368118.0

Please read the installation instructions carefully.

Running the KR QT wallet is a two-step process at this time, though we're working on that.

If you have any questions or require assistance, please join Krypton's slack for help. You can click here for a slack self-invite. http://slack.krypton.rocks
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2016, 11:03:59 PM

Are there still plans to develop a web based wallet? and if so when should we be expecting it to be launched?

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
covertress (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 12:43:15 PM

Are there still plans to develop a web based wallet? and if so when should we be expecting it to be launched?

Good morning, vella85. Yes, there are still plans to develop a web-based KR wallet but, we're working on our (secret) first project first. I promise, you'll be the first to know when we get to the web wallet.  Wink
covertress (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 06:36:17 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2016, 02:04:38 PM by covertress

It's that time of year again, folks... Conference season! You guessed it, I'm heading to another conference to promote Krypton. Cheesy This time I'm going all the way to Shanghai, China! Shocked  Grin I'll tell you all about it in a minute but, first, I'd like to catch you up on the last conference I attended, Consensus 2016.

I'm sure you'll all agree that sending me to Consensus 2016 was a fantastic networking opportunity. I know that I never really posted my summary of the conference since I caught that terrible NYC flu that knocked me out of commission for three weeks upon my return home.

I did have the opportunity, however, to answer a great question about the trip in The Dood's interview with me. Here's the entire interview, in case you missed it. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/dood-interviews-covertress-from-krypton-covertress-covertress?trk=mp-reader-card Here's The Dood's question and my reply.

Bitcoin Dood: Krypton was represented at the Coindesk Consensus summit. There were a lot of big names and players in the fintech industry in attendance. Could you tell us a little about the conference and how Krypton was received?

covertress: I began by joking with the attendees of Consensus before I ever arrived. On Twitter I posted a picture of Angelina Jolie in Maleficent and said that everyone at Consensus will know my true identity. Haha. Many more than a few people actually recognized me from Twitter. Roger Ver, Purse’s CEO, Andrew Lee, and Emily from Shapeshift.io were among them. It was a pleasure for me to connect with these people in real life.

Oh! And speaking of faces… I took one of the personally worst photos ever when I snapped a selfie with Gavin Andresen. I’d show you but, I’d have to kill you. Lol.

I wished that I had not booked my travel arrangements so early because Consensus added two days to their agenda, before the conference, and devoted this to a hackathon. I missed it. One of my primary reasons for attending was to find more developers and try to hire them for Krypton. As luck would have it, one of the first people I met was Eric Piscini, a principal at Deloitte, who was one of the panelists at the hackathon. He caught me up on what I missed and introduced me to some amazingly talented devs. He was personally blown away by these kids at the hackathon as was I when I met them too.

Overall, I couldn’t be more pleased with the stack of business cards that I collected and new friends that I made. In my opinion, there is simply no substitute for conducting business face-to-face. I plan to attend many more conferences on behalf of Krypton.

###

I've said all this to bring you back to the upcoming conference in Shanghai, China, and why it's so important that I attend.

The conference is the International Blockchain Week & Devcon 2. Click the 'about' tab on the following page to read more.

http://www.blockchain2016.org/index_en.html

Shanghai International Blockchain Week is a major event for the global blockchain industry. Significant players from the industry and investment institutions will be attending the conference, which provides a great opportunity for me to present Krypton to potential businesses, higer education universities and angel investors.

It will be held September 19-24 at the Hyatt on the Bund, a 5 star hotel located on the banks of the Huang Pu River at the northern end of the Bund in Shanghai.

As expected the conference is not inexpensive. The cost of the conference is $1,500 and my coach airfare to get there from Florida is another $1,100. Fortunately, I have a friend whom I can stay with instead of shelling out another $2k for a hotel room.

All this brings me to my pitch... I need your help... especially you whales.

Krypton's Development Fund is dry. Please give what you can to help me renew the business contacts I generated when I attended Consensus 2016 and help me attend the premiere event of the year, where I'm sure I will meet many more influential business leaders who will be more willing to help Krypton, having met me in person.

Krypton Development Fund (BTC) - 12pWLhz1cYmFPaKSBF5Pui5YddJS1jsxsz

Krypton Development Fund (KR) - 0x2529e0018a17dcc067f536d1cd3e1fd9af066099

Thank you for your support. I'm going for all of us who are interested in growing Krypton into the blockchain leader I know it can become.

-- covertress

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: