Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:25:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Loans too risky?  (Read 67061 times)
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 04:28:00 AM

It depends on how much you  are going to loan ass well  and if you are able to pay it back . You should  only take a loan if you have to buy  something that you really need  and if you are able to pay it back.
yeah make sure that you do not have other options to get the money. if I do not have any other options maybe you can try to think about the loan? yeah because interest could have been giving you a hard
Never borrow money if you just gonna be using it for leisure, you will be paying the interest expense and you will ruin your budgeting because you force to spend on things you cannot afford yet, you need to save to spend on your wants.

True. In my case, I would just borrow money if I really needed to pay a large capital to where I know I could get it back with some profits and the interest should also be payed. That way trust will be built to both loaner and borrower.

These kind of ways or scenarios is good when you intend to make a loan  because you are sure that it would definitely give you money back  and give you profits and even pay your loan without reaching the due date. It would be a good decision  rather than  making loans just to buy on useless things.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
phreaky

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 01:32:15 PM

Well assuming what you just said, is true, of course giving out loans is risky. It's like you gamble with your money in order to get 1 or 2% on top of it either in short or long terms and with the tendency of losing your money in case the guy who got the loan, doesn't return it. You could by some mining equipment's and contribute to the network as well and see the long term profit if you could manage and balance everything well.
It depends on the situation that you are in because a loan does not have to be risky, if you know that you are going to be able to pay that loan back then there is no problem.
But you should no gamble with a loan because then you will get your self in to trouble.
boyptc

Activity: 2982
Merit: 677

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 05:48:07 PM

It depends on how much you  are going to loan ass well  and if you are able to pay it back . You should  only take a loan if you have to buy  something that you really need  and if you are able to pay it back.
yeah make sure that you do not have other options to get the money. if I do not have any other options maybe you can try to think about the loan? yeah because interest could have been giving you a hard
Never borrow money if you just gonna be using it for leisure, you will be paying the interest expense and you will ruin your budgeting because you force to spend on things you cannot afford yet, you need to save to spend on your wants.

True. In my case, I would just borrow money if I really needed to pay a large capital to where I know I could get it back with some profits and the interest should also be payed. That way trust will be built to both loaner and borrower.

These kind of ways or scenarios is good when you intend to make a loan  because you are sure that it would definitely give you money back  and give you profits and even pay your loan without reaching the due date. It would be a good decision  rather than  making loans just to buy on useless things.

But all the time if you are going to borrow money or get a loan there is no assurance that it can give you money good enough. So instead of having profit it will just going to give you another problem. So, it is the risk about loans in the borrowers side and for the lenders side would be hard to get paid by the borrower.

For me, loaning or borrowing money is really risky. And if you feel that you are going to have the feeling that you doubt yourself that you aren't able to pay the borrowed money plus its interest. Then it is better if you are going to stop already before you are going to get your desired loan amount. That is just going to put you in deep debt.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ekoice

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 08:04:28 PM

I dont really know whether this guy is saying true or not.

If its true,then hold 600 Bitcoins as savings as prices will rise high in future.

Lending bitcoins is a stupid idea. It will lead to loss of  all bitcoins.

Know basics of trading and start trading in Bitcoin/Altcoins
PsursV

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 08:17:10 PM

But all the time if you are going to borrow money or get a loan there is no assurance that it can give you money good enough. So instead of having profit it will just going to give you another problem. So, it is the risk about loans in the borrowers side and for the lenders side would be hard to get paid by the borrower.
yes i am agree with you,   that there is no conformation that either you will win or lost the money that you have borrow from some one and then invest it some where, because no one can give you the guaranty that either you will win in or lost the money .
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 11:23:12 PM

I dont really know whether this guy is saying true or not.

If its true,then hold 600 Bitcoins as savings as prices will rise high in future.

Lending bitcoins is a stupid idea. It will lead to loss of  all bitcoins.

Know basics of trading and start trading in Bitcoin/Altcoins

If someone really has such ammount lending isnt the best way to act, if i have such i wouldl wait till the halving of 2020 and then sell a big ammount and deposit those into the banks at savings.
coin_gambler

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 12:16:40 AM

thats true, at least for me it is way too risky because if i had a loan i would be just tied to a bank and i would have to give back a lot of money

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 05:07:52 AM

I dont think that loans are risky, because if you loan to people only with collateral, it will be worth it 90% of times.
Also you need to pick right people- watch out for scammers etc etc. There are ways to prevent being scammed in "loan" threads, you can always do it through poloniex service.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀
   ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ▄▄█████▀
         █████   █████▀
         ▀███▀    ▀▀
COMPRO
FINANCE
▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 05:27:52 AM

I dont think that loans are risky, because if you loan to people only with collateral, it will be worth it 90% of times.
Also you need to pick right people- watch out for scammers etc etc. There are ways to prevent being scammed in "loan" threads, you can always do it through poloniex service.

That is the risky part getting to know the people who you will lend it too. Even those known people could scam lenders and there is no going back to that. The borrower could also say that he didnt steal anythig and might say that he is already known here so why risk it. Who will believe a newbie a member or jr member against a hero.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 09:34:05 AM

That is the risky part getting to know the people who you will lend it too. Even those known people could scam lenders and there is no going back to that. The borrower could also say that he didnt steal anythig and might say that he is already known here so why risk it. Who will believe a newbie a member or jr member against a hero.

Trusting your money  to someone is somewhat very difficult since we are talking money here and as we all know that people  do scam usually because of  importance of money and  dont have  intention to pay their debts thats why if you intend to make a lending service then  you must  request a strong collateral so that you would somewhat as=sure your self on the risk involved.

J Gambler

Activity: 910

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 09:37:08 AM

I know that people give out loans but what's up with people no returning what they borrowed?? I want to know this because I might give out loans myself and I want to know what to watch out for... I have ~800 BTC at the moment and would it be a bad idea to start loaning? I bought my BTC back in 2010 mid August January(when it was about $0.07 per BTC) and I noticed the price went up a ton! Also what would be some other way to grow my BTC? Any ideas on what I should do?

Something I should have added my friend was doing something you guys call "mining" I am very knew to the bitcoin world even though I have had them for a long time. I bought these bitcoin from him because he needed to sell them, my financial advisor has told me that the longer I wait the more return I would get so I told him hold the account for 5 years and ill see where I am... So last July I had gotten my account back, did a bunch of research then found you guys. So I came here to post a few posts and for everyone skeptical this is the proof https://gyazo.com/ee99cef712e9b72f03a3e8e870c33624
Loan too-very risky-if you don't have any plan to pay-for it but if you are going to borrowed of -bitcoin in your friend - make that you will be paying that because he-trusted you with his bitcoins i think the best is the collateral which is your are-going to give something that has a value of your loan.

Y U MAD AT ME
pocarime32

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 10:43:30 AM

In my opinion, loans is not very risky. If you smart and have a good choose when loaned to someone, you get profit and your money back. Just pick a good high rank bitcointalk account and equal collateral.
Doms

Activity: 714

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 10:55:09 AM

I took a loan from our local social security and used that to cover for some emergency expenses from a year ago. I think it was an ok decision to take that loan, even though I am still paying it and will have to pay it for the next 14 months to come. If a loan is something that's going to help you in anyway and you can pay it back in time and on agreed terms, then I am all in on it.
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 12:46:49 PM

Yes indeed gave a loan is very risky because if the person you gave a loan can not responsible you will lose the money that you give a loan. Not many people gave a loan to be guaranteed, usually if this forum is a bitcoin account so that we can have more confidence.
Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 12:55:03 PM

Just make some research beforehand and look to who you lend your BTC to and keep a log of your lended BTC so you know what's happening,if you do that,you should have some pretty good experience with lending BTC

kanazawa

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 03:23:35 PM

With ~800BTC you can sell a lot of coins without risk and much more... With this amount you can do mining with cheap electricity (using grid-tie with hybrid energy). And you can also sell in official marketplaces like Ebay, can buy gift card and sell with 25% of discount (as you paid almost nothing in your coins)... Man, honestly, if this is true (and I really want to believe on that), you have at least 10 independent things to earn money and loans can be you 11th business (using the escrows from bitcointalk, because it's undoubtly very trustable).

]░░░░░░▄▄███████████▄▄
░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██▄
░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
░░███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░█░░░░░░░█▀▀▀█░░░░░░░░░█░██
█▌░█░░░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░█░▐█
█▌░░█░░░░░░██▀▀▀░░░░░░░░█░░▐█
█▌░▄▄░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▐█
███▀░░░░░░░█░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░▀███
██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
░░░░▀██▄▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄▄██▀
░░░░░░░▀▀███████████▀▀

]░░░░░░▄▄███████████▄▄
░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██▄
░░███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░█░░░░░░░█▀▀▀█░░░░░░░░░█░██
█▌░█░░░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░█░▐█
█▌░░█░░░░░░██▀▀▀░░░░░░░░█░░▐█
█▌░▄▄░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▐█
███▀░░░░░░░█░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░▀███
██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
░░░░▀██▄▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄▄██▀
░░░░░░░▀▀███████████▀▀

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1352

Cashback 15%

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 05:07:38 PM

Lending money is pretty much a no-no since you don't have any assurance that the users would pay you back. If you do the collateral-first before lending some money then you might be fine however, if you don't ask for any collateral, in case the user who loaned defaults to the terms then you might as well say bye-bye to your coins.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Cacapzarg

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 05:44:42 PM

Lending money is pretty much a no-no since you don't have any assurance that the users would pay you back. If you do the collateral-first before lending some money then you might be fine however, if you don't ask for any collateral, in case the user who loaned defaults to the terms then you might as well say bye-bye to your coins.

That is right. I think the value of the collateral should be at least 50% more than the value of the loan.
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 08:42:58 PM

Loan can be risky if you do know what you are doing and lending money or Bitcoin to go and gamble. In that way you are not using the loan in a good way.
If you take a loan be sure that the thing that you are going to buy or invest in make sense and that you are able to pay it back.
Rastanan

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 04:57:13 PM

Loan can be risky if you do know what you are doing and lending money or Bitcoin to go and gamble. In that way you are not using the loan in a good way.
If you take a loan be sure that the thing that you are going to buy or invest in make sense and that you are able to pay it back.

You can only lend to somebody with good reputation or enough collateral. Otherwise, you will lose money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: