Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:04:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 559 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XRP] Ripple Speculation  (Read 636346 times)
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 02:45:05 PM

hi everyone. I heard Ripple wont need XRP for all these new banks and transactions and that XRP can only go down - if in case this is true, sounds reasonable. Where can I catch up with what really is going on with XRP? ty
Of course it would not use XRP, it has too much volatility like any altcoin!  Ripple will probably develop a new stable token for banks use and it will not be an altcoin.  My opinion only!

so what is xrp for then? what are the usecases? why should there be any value in xrp other than pure speculation? ty
https://ripple.com/solutions/retail-remittances/#demovideo
possibly one of the best use cases for crypto ever.  Smiley

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yannick4u

Activity: 44
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 02:57:47 PM

tomorrow is a huge day in japan guys, digital currency about to be legal money, 1/3+ of japanese banks about to use ripple

https://t.me/Cryptologic_FREE
DesertDuke

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 02:57:58 PM

Is there a web wallet I can download anywhere ? Can't find it on the website.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
belowizard

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 03:15:41 PM

hi everyone. I heard Ripple wont need XRP for all these new banks and transactions and that XRP can only go down - if in case this is true, sounds reasonable. Where can I catch up with what really is going on with XRP? ty
Of course it would not use XRP, it has too much volatility like any altcoin!  Ripple will probably develop a new stable token for banks use and it will not be an altcoin.  My opinion only!

so what is xrp for then? what are the usecases? why should there be any value in xrp other than pure speculation? ty
https://ripple.com/solutions/retail-remittances/#demovideo
possibly one of the best use cases for crypto ever.  Smiley

thx
kawacaki

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 03:55:52 PM

Hello, newer to cryptos but \I come from the trading world.  What is the easiest way to buy xrp?  Bitstamp?

i use litebit.eu , straight in my polo account.. half of my xrp i store in a paper wallet.real easy and safe

RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 03:57:15 PM

tomorrow is a huge day in japan guys, digital currency about to be legal money, 1/3+ of japanese banks about to use ripple
It just does not make any sense.. use XRP as a currency with such huge volatility.. Huh?
g___

Activity: 273
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 04:24:04 PM

Is there a web wallet I can download anywhere ? Can't find it on the website.

look at gatehub.net
kawacaki

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 04:32:21 PM

Xrp is 100% needed for Ripple to succeed
https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-continues-to-bring-internet-of-value-to-life-new-features-increase-transaction-throughput-to-same-level-as-visa/

vanhalendlrband

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 05:13:05 PM

Trolls are trying to spread the opposite info from the facts I notice. Even on here trying to say XRP is not going to be used by Ripple. There's no way around it, XRP will have to be used for Ripple to even be able to work.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 05:44:09 PM

BTC is being bought alot just now...XRP $ value hasnt changed ($0.02)

I think BTC is being bought to be changed into XRP....

get ready for even bigger green candles on XRP very soon.  Cool

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 07:23:17 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2018, 02:05:58 AM by Mrpumperitis

The cake is real  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 07:36:44 PM

Hello, newer to cryptos but \I come from the trading world.  What is the easiest way to buy xrp?  Bitstamp?
Bitstamp is def one of the easiest.

btw, do you own a spacesuit?...lol
you might need it as XRP prepares to take off to another planet  Smiley

RayX12

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 09:14:17 PM

Can one of you XRP pumpers explain how can a bank use XRP as a currency when there is so much volatility?

The bank executive explaining the transfer:
"Opps sorry sir we sent a million dollars but by the time we converted back to dollars you only got 990,000.  So you lost 10,000 in that transaction.  That is only a 1% loss due to volatility in the XRP coin!" Shocked

So what mechanism are they going to use to hold volatility down?  Does any of you understand how this can work?
f0rmdeep

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 09:44:27 PM

Can one of you XRP pumpers explain how can a bank use XRP as a currency when there is so much volatility?

"Opps sorry sir we sent a million dollars but by the time we converted back to dollars you only got 990,000.  So you lost 10,000 in that transaction.  That is only a 1% loss due to volatility in the XRP coin!" Shocked"  

So what mechanism are they going to use to hold volatility down?  Does any of you understand how this can work?

the carrier technology uses XRP to bridge chains during settlement, Day to day volatility does not come into play at all.

and given the settlement happens dynamically in like under 30 seconds ? the only volatility that is visible during the transaction is the 30 seconds volatility. in other words- ZERO impact of volatility.

where volatility actually hurts is when settlement and confirmation takes hours and days. ( Ex: BTC). the sent value and receiving value is broken and unpredictable.

I suggest you to read various settlement papers and whitepapers released in ripple insights and various poc documents. To add to all this, Ripple is the tech and rails on which BTC will be enabled in japan. because point of sales cannot use BTC with 4 day confirmation. they need to get confirmation faster of their payments, even todays credit cards guarantee queue position and confirm in a few hours.

What an irony, Ripple is carrying BTC in tis rails in japan along with other assets.

Too much misinformation in here. People, please study yourself. ripple is the real deal, no body needs to pump anything. Its not a shady coin used on onion and darkweb. it if for regular everday life.
vanhalendlrband

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 09:59:15 PM

"Opps sorry sir we sent a million dollars but by the time we converted back to dollars you only got 990,000.  So you lost 10,000 in that transaction.  That is only a 1% loss due to volatility in the XRP coin!" Shocked"  

So what mechanism are they going to use to hold volatility down?  Does any of you understand how this can work?

the carrier technology uses XRP to bridge chains during settlement, Day to day volatility does not come into play at all.

and given the settlement happens dynamically in like under 30 seconds ? the only volatility that is visible during the transaction is the 30 seconds volatility. in other words- ZERO impact of volatility.

where volatility actually hurts is when settlement and confirmation takes hours and days. ( Ex: BTC). the sent value and receiving value is broken and unpredictable.

I suggest you to read various settlement papers and whitepapers released in ripple insights and various poc documents. To add to all this, Ripple is the tech and rails on which BTC will be enabled in japan. because point of sales cannot use BTC with 4 day confirmation. they need to get confirmation faster of their payments, even todays credit cards guarantee queue position and confirm in a few hours.

What an irony, Ripple is carrying BTC in tis rails in japan along with other assets.

Too much misinformation in here. People, please study yourself. ripple is the real deal, no body needs to pump anything. Its not a shady coin used on onion and darkweb. it if for regular everday life.

I agree. I already explained to that poster above, and he still didn't get what I was saying. Most likely a troll.
RayX12

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 10:21:17 PM

I agree. I already explained to that poster above, and he still didn't get what I was saying. Most likely a troll.

Not a troll.  I am interested and I have read the papers but the volatility issue is not properly explained or handled in my view.

... and apparently neither of you have any idea on how this volatility issue will be handled.  That is the un-answered question!
RayX12

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 10:48:47 PM

The problem of course is not in the time of settlement as you have pointed.  The problem is that in order to send a million dollars, you need to "own" a million dollars in XRP or you need to "borrow it" from an institution.  

So now you are exposing the bank balance sheet to the volatility of XRP during the time that you own it or borrow it.   Shocked
f0rmdeep

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 10:50:34 PM

Not a troll.  I am interested and I have read the papers but the volatility issue is not properly explained or handled in my view.

... and apparently neither of you have any idea on how this volatility issue will be handled.  That is the un-answered question!

i already answered, please elaborate what is your question.

The transfer from initialization, to path commitment to settlement takes 30 to 40 seconds internationally between any currency pair (n-2-n ) . So dosen't matter whast the price of xrp is.

where it does matter is for hold accounts, also nastro accoutns and rendered useless due to advanced byzantine that does not need holding and can guarantee same commitment on settlement.

What are you talking about ? explain your question please
vanhalendlrband

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 11:10:22 PM

i already answered, please elaborate what is your question.

The transfer from initialization, to path commitment to settlement takes 30 to 40 seconds internationally between any currency pair (n-2-n ) . So dosen't matter whast the price of xrp is.

where it does matter is for hold accounts, also nastro accoutns and rendered useless due to advanced byzantine that does not need holding and can guarantee same commitment on settlement.

What are you talking about ? explain your question please

The fact that its been answered by you and he completely disregards what you said to him smells like troll to me, a very sneaky troll tho.
RayX12

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 01:08:22 AM

I insist and repeat my statement:  

The problem of course is not in the time of settlement as you have pointed.  The problem is that in order to send a million dollars, you need to "own" a million dollars in XRP or you need to "borrow it" from an institution.  

So now you are exposing the bank balance sheet to the volatility of XRP during the time that you own it or borrow it.   Shocked
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 559 »
  Print  

Jump to: