Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:51:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Halving is a profitable???  (Read 46725 times)
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 06:31:09 AM

Guys what will happen if the price doesn't increase a lot after the Halving and the mining farms in Asia won't be as much profitable any more as the block rewards will be cut in half? Does this mean Bitcoin mining will be close to dead if the price doesn't help to balance the costs between the rising difficulty and the falling Bitcoin rewards? The electricity is very cheap in China but they can't keep up if they are making a negative profit right?
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 07:59:13 AM

yes, if the diff stay the same because right now miners are doing 4x the earning of their consumption, so even after the reward will be halved, this is still 2x the consumption

the value will likely increase to compensate for the drop from 4x to 2x, naturally this is only true for those with 0.05 kw/h or less...

The price should rise as a result of the halving but how do we know the price rise isn't already done now? This block size debate bitching & in fighting doesn't help anybody.

I was hoping to see around 600 when the halving comes.

Yes the halving will let the price increase but we have to see it with our own eyes because the halving price is not to predict right now, I think it will be at 700 dollar or something near that.
We just have to be patient and see what is gonna happen, it will be profitable I'm sure of that.

I think the same, but I don't think the price will increase that much.
Maybe 100 dollars more than today. A price of 550$ would be the most you can expect in the near future after the halfing.

Yes there will be a price increase and 550$ is much more suitable price when the halving comes its a win win situation for us users and miners.
550$ is very low mark. if price really increase then it will crose 700$ for sure. there is two option.
one price will reach 700$ and cross it.
two price won't increase in the halving and price will stay as same as today.
arwin100

Activity: 2730
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 08:02:26 AM

Guys what will happen if the price doesn't increase a lot after the Halving and the mining farms in Asia won't be as much profitable any more as the block rewards will be cut in half? Does this mean Bitcoin mining will be close to dead if the price doesn't help to balance the costs between the rising difficulty and the falling Bitcoin rewards? The electricity is very cheap in China but they can't keep up if they are making a negative profit right?

For long time ago mining is not more profitable and now its useless to do mining and invest with it you will pay high in electricity than to earn in mining i think it have big effect also when halving comes the bigger the price the  less supply is the harder to mine. But i can say halving is profitable base on those past halving chart it has big effect of price increase in bitcoin. If it get price rise it will be profitable to hoarders.

beduku22

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 10:44:01 AM

For long time ago mining is not more profitable and now its useless to do mining and invest with it you will pay high in electricity than to earn in mining i think it have big effect also when halving comes the bigger the price the  less supply is the harder to mine. But i can say halving is profitable base on those past halving chart it has big effect of price increase in bitcoin. If it get price rise it will be profitable to hoarders.

halving in this year will definitely be profitable, It will have a good effect on bitcoin price as said by the developers. The results are already obvious to us, you can notice that now the price of bitcoin is tended to go up and up..
NordicRanger

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 11:48:42 AM

The most people are hoping that the halving will be more profitable but we cant control it and that is the problem, so we have to wait maybe a longer time until the value will be more.
It will be nice if you can have some nice profit of course after the halving but the value keeps stable.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 01:45:38 PM

The most people are hoping that the halving will be more profitable but we cant control it and that is the problem, so we have to wait maybe a longer time until the value will be more.
It will be nice if you can have some nice profit of course after the halving but the value keeps stable.
Definitely halving will be more profitable. If not the price won't fall back but remains stable. But I don't expect that, sure price rise will be above $800.

michnelli6

Activity: 365

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 01:47:21 PM

if you are miner halving is not profitable, make your earning very hard, but if you are trader Im sure this is very profitable to keep holding it..
It's a Miner reward. If you see the definition of halving, its says it a reward for a miner, but in reality miner gets least reward. Halving is not profitable in itself. With the trade it will turn into profits.
Labumi

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 01:54:05 PM

I always wish that every time is always a great benefit and to realize it for sure I have to work hard and this year for sure I will add to my advantage because I already have some plans that were already ripe for applied and will surely benefit. I never thought that I would reduce profits, because it can reduce my spirit
wildan88
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1046

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 04:56:12 PM

after I read about halving yes it will be profitable. because of where the stock bitcoin diminishing, while the demand for more and more. so prices will rise

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
SiNeReiNZzz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1043

αLPʜα αɴd ΩMeGa

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 05:15:43 PM

Do you think that in this year halving is a profitable???

i think the price goes up up up and up Grin... at the end of the year arround 600$ i think...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Aamir1

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 05:16:52 PM

Do you think that in this year halving is a profitable???

I don't have any technical knowledge about these things, nor i have ever studied anything about them.
But as everyone is saying that after the halving the price will go higher then ever.
So it would ofcourse be profitable for the one's who have bought or accumulated and stored their coins from a long time.
AlexBits

Activity: 239

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 06:39:44 PM

There are a lot of people that is saying that the halving will be not profitable and I understand why they think that and that is because the value is not rising now.
The value keeps now stable and that is not great for the people who already have Bitcoin.
Sierra8561

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 06:49:10 PM

At the rate difficulty is increasing we won't have to worry about halving. There won't be any money left.
YTBitcoin

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 07:33:23 PM

While searching for it on google I found that the halving will occur in the mid of July of the year 2016, and I also learned that with that the mining fees will be made half and it will have good effect of bitcoin price.
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 07:36:17 PM

While searching for it on google I found that the halving will occur in the mid of July of the year 2016, and I also learned that with that the mining fees will be made half and it will have good effect of bitcoin price.

Indeed, most likely it will be very profitable for the investors because the price is gonna rise for sure because of it.
I really have no doubts about that to be honest.
InsideBjorn

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 08:04:23 AM

There are a lot of people that is saying that the value will not even rise after the halving and that can be bad for the most people who are already are waiting for a nice investment and that would be not nice.
It can only be profitable if the value is rising and if the price will jump soon than it will be only possible.
AdamCox9

Activity: 145
Merit: 112

To the moon!

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 08:07:18 AM

The price was hovering in the 200's for a while before the halving started approaching. I feel as though the current price already has the halving mostly factored in. It will probably be averaging around the 500's as the halving approaches and passes. I think the price will still go up after that because the information about all its' capabilities is disseminating quickly.

Buy Bitcoin!
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 08:39:20 AM

The price was hovering in the 200's for a while before the halving started approaching. I feel as though the current price already has the halving mostly factored in. It will probably be averaging around the 500's as the halving approaches and passes. I think the price will still go up after that because the information about all its' capabilities is disseminating quickly.
Going by effect of previous halving on bitcoin price,we can assume that bitcoin price is not going to rise due to halving.
" Historically, halving of miner’s
reward has had no substantial
effect on the price of Bitcoin. On
November 28, 2012, the first time
the miners’ reward was halved,
there was no visible impact on the
value of Bitcoin, which was worth
around USD $13.40 per bitcoin."

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/will-the-upcoming-mining-reward-halving-impact-bitcoin-s-price-1455126224
But bitcoin has become more popular in these years and one thing that is definitely going to happen after mining is more people will adopt bitcoin.This adoption may lead to price increase

Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 08:43:13 AM

I believe the halvening this year will bring a big profit for us who hodl the coins, even tho there's no proof of it but I just can feel it.

faucet used to be profitable
AdamCox9

Activity: 145
Merit: 112

To the moon!

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 09:01:30 AM

I believe the halvening this year will bring a big profit for us who hodl the coins, even tho there's no proof of it but I just can feel it.

+1 I think it is a good time to hold.

Buy Bitcoin!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: