Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:18:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 [368] 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 ... 2139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES. Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform.  (Read 2389085 times)
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 04:37:56 AM

i'm surprise only 979 backers so to speak... really???

maybe waves is not fully understood or maybe dao/eth is getting all the attention from the community?

regret for registering too late been reading this forum on and off since all the talk on ethereum and bashing from the nxt community in 2014

not I can't get to paste the signature for tokens  Cry
It is not too late my friend, you can still invest if you believe in the project. The ICO will end on May 31, 2016, so there's a lot of time for your to ride the train of success.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Viecoin

Activity: 852
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 05:01:27 AM

Can't wait to start trading some Waves!  Cheesy

I can't wait to start hodling some waves!  Cool
danielj314

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 05:14:24 AM

Guys, I made a big update of my worksheet.

Now, price includes bonus.

Please, have a look and confirm or not my calculs are corrects.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-G1LMDjAX9roVJDuhVewGG_pykSLIprWAElwO-6TcRA/edit?usp=docslist_api

thank you Bobo81 for update on googlespread.

Yes, thank you! Your work is always very appreciated.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   STORM TOKEN    A decentralized micro-job marketplace    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Blog*
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     TOKEN GENERATION EVENT | Coming Soon    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Bobo81

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 05:19:48 AM

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-G1LMDjAX9roVJDuhVewGG_pykSLIprWAElwO-6TcRA/edit?usp=docslist_api

I'm working even saturday ! Lol !

You're welcome guys !

Are you agree with my news formulas ?
tottong

Activity: 1203
Merit: 559

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 05:24:45 AM

You're welcome guys !

of course we agree with your news formula
I personally like it. Good job

Devesh

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 05:37:07 AM

You're welcome guys !

I like your new formula bobo81 good job on making an unofficial price of waves everyday.

Arrakeen

Activity: 532

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 05:47:44 AM

I've been curious about WAVES since the start of this thread, but haven't spent the time to research beyond what information is in the OP.  Still a bit hesitant to get in during the ICO, so I ask you all this:

What is WAVES bringing to the table that merits an investment?  

Recently I've been under the impression that the majority of ICOs attempt to lure in buyers using fancy wording, massive walls of text and nonsensical  technical jargon.  So many coins claim to offer 'useful new features' or 'the next standard' when in reality they're nothing more than an average clone with a shiny new GUI; all its investors merely in it to make a quick buck before moving on to the next.

Serious answers please - I'm curious what WAVES has to offer. What I'm most interested in is if anything new is being brought to the table.

Sell this to me, guys - I'd love to be a part of the next big thing Wink

Thanks in advance!
JollyTrades

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 06:47:48 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2016, 06:34:28 AM by JollyTrades

I've been curious about WAVES since the start of this thread, but haven't spent the time to research beyond what information is in the OP.  Still a bit hesitant to get in during the ICO, so I ask you all this:

Recently I've been under the impression that the majority of ICOs attempt to lure in buyers using fancy wording, massive walls of text and nonsensical  technical jargon.  So many coins claim to offer 'useful new features' or 'the next standard' when in reality they're nothing more than an average clone with a shiny new GUI; all its investors merely in it to make a quick buck before moving on to the next.

Serious answers please - I'm curious what WAVES has to offer. What I'm most interested in is if anything new is being brought to the table.

Thanks in advance!

@Arrakeen,

Unlike many other crypto-initiatives, the Waves platform has unique real use cases that prove to be superior to the substitute centralized services of the current time. There might be a lot use cases for it, but let me tell you the most prevalent and featured ones.

First of all, we need to understand the underlying technology. It's asset-to-asset trading. That simple, actually. But the opportunities this feature will bring about is countless and enormous. It means that you will be able to create your own asset (like you can do with Counterparty or Nxt), and trade it against other assets created by others.

Now let's take a look at the real use cases.

1) Fiat integration: If a financial company creates its own asset and says that "I will sell this token for 1 USD and also buy it back at the same price," and comes up with a legal document showing its liability for the convertibility of the asset into real USD, then that asset is the USD-token. Its value is 1 USD, backed by real USD held in the bank account of that financial institution.

Now it means that you can trade any crypto-asset created in the platform against that USD-token. What are those assets in the platform? BTC, for instance, or ETH. So it means there is no need to worry about the reliability and security of the centralized exchanges. Bitfinex, Poloniex, Coinbase etc... In those hackable systems, you store your cryptos in hot wallets, and pay tons of transaction fees. But when you trade in the decentralized exchange of the Waves platform, you will hold your cryptos as well as your fiat in your Waves wallet, and the trading fees are just the network fees of the platform, that is, a few cents.

2) Crowdfunding projects: Think of it like a decentralized Kickstarter. You may issue your own token and sell it against USD in the platform. The positive consequences of such an application is apparent. You don't pay fees to a middleman. Your shares in the crowdfunding project is tradable. So it's like the company gets listed in a stock exchange right in the crowdfunding phase. And you don't have to take into account the price volatility of bitcoin, since you get the money already as USD.

3) International money transfers: That's a straight conclusion of the fiat integration. There will be many gateways in many countries, each issuing their local currency. Now if Alice wants to send 100 USD to Bob, and Bob wants EUR instead of USD, it's easily achievable by buying USD-tokens, converting them in the decentralized exchange to EUR-tokens and then send them to Bob, who will then use the EUR-gateway to get the tokens converted to real fiat and sent to his bank account.

Now this is what disrupts the traditional centralized model most. A platform to be the infrastructure of a wide range of companies which are competitors of Kickstarter, PayPal, and Bitfinex. I hope the long-term potential is obvious here. So why invest in Waves? Because each transaction in the platform will require a transaction fee, which is payable in Wave coins. So the adoption of the platform means the demand for the Wave coins, which should increase its value.

Note that the Waves platform doesn't only serve to the cryptocurrency community, but because of the fiat integration, it aims to be the decentralized network for the non-crypto folks as well.

I hope that counts as an explanation, and I hope you join us!

Best,

Jian
GreenMatrix

Activity: 545
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 08:15:38 AM

Thanks in advance!

@Arrakeen,

Unlike many other crypto-initiatives, the Waves platform has unique real use cases that prove to be superior to the substitute centralized services at the moment. There might be a lot use cases for it, but let me tell you the most prevalent and featured ones.

First of all, we need to understand the underlying technology. It's asset-to-asset trading. That simple, actually. But the opportunities this feature will bring about is countless and enormous. It means that you will be able to create your own asset (like you can do with Counterparty or Nxt), and trade it against other assets created by others.

1) Fiat integration: If a financial company creates its own asset and says that "I will sell this token for 1 USD and also buy it back at the same price," and comes up with a legal document showing its liability for the convertibility of the asset into real USD, then that asset is the USD-token. Its value is 1 USD, backed by real USD held in the bank account of that financial institution.

Now it means that you can trade any crypto-asset created in the platform against that USD-token. What are those assets in the platform? BTC, for instance, or ETH. So it means there is no need to worry about the reliability and security of the centralized exchanges. Bitfinex, Poloniex, Coinbase etc... In those hackable systems, you store your cryptos in hot wallets, and pay tons of transaction fees. But when you trade in the decentralized exchange of the Waves platform, you will hold your cryptos as well as your fiat in your Waves wallet, and the trading fees are just the network fees of the platform, that is, a few cents.

2) Crowdfunding projects: Think of it like a decentralized Kickstarter. You may issue your own token and sell it against USD in the platform. The positive consequences of such an application is apparent. You don't pay fees to a middleman. Your shares in the crowdfunding project is tradable. So it's like the company gets listed in a stock exchange right in the crowdfunding phase. And you don't have to take into account the price volatility of bitcoin, since you get the money already as USD.

3) International money transfers: That's a straight conclusion of the fiat integration. There will be many gateways in many countries, each issuing their local currency. Now if Alice wants to send 100 USD to Bob, and Bob wants EUR instead of USD, it's easily achievable by buying USD-tokens, converting them in the decentralized exchange to EUR-tokens and then send them to Bob, who will then use the EUR-gateway to get the tokens converted and sent to his bank account.

Now this is what disrupts the traditional centralized model most. A platform to be the infrastructure of a wide range of companies which are competitors of Kickstarter, PayPal, and Bitfinex. I hope the long-term potential is obvious here. So why invest in Waves? Because each transaction in the platform will require a transaction fee, which is payable in Wave tokens. So the adoption of the platform means the demand for the Wave tokens, which should increase its value.

Note that the Waves platform doesn't only serve to the cryptocurrency community, but because of the fiat integration, it aims to be the decentralized network for the non-crypto folks as well.

Best,

Jian
Great post Jolly.For me Waves is a long term investment.I like the idea of lend my shares and recieve interests.
Have a good day!!!
Devesh

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 08:25:50 AM

So it was like a company or something that we have our share by just owning some waves.

Bobo81

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 08:27:21 AM

You're welcome guys !

I like your new formula bobo81 good job on making an unofficial price of waves everyday.

Great news ! Thanks guys !

Is it correct with your Waves balance ?
JollyTrades

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 08:47:06 AM

So it was like a company or something that we have our share by just owning some waves.

@Devesh,

Not really. In business entities the profit comes from producer surplus, which is reflected to the price of the shares of the business in this or that way. The Waves platform is the product itself, and the way you could make money with Wave tokens depends on consumer surplus.

Best,

Jian
Batmanvsduecare

Activity: 175

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 08:49:57 AM

So waves holders will get something like a dividend from shares in a company.
I am more interested in the value of tokens themselves as a means for trading goods and services.

shinep

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 08:50:27 AM

One last push and we could beat the LISK ICO.
sandiman

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 09:08:24 AM

One last push and we could beat the LISK ICO.

Lisk ICO was terribly behind us at this point, they raised most of their money in the last week  Wink
JollyTrades

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 09:13:00 AM

So waves holders will get something like a dividend from shares in a company.
I am more interested in the value of tokens themselves as a means for trading goods and services.

@Batmanvsduecare,

Do you arrive at this conclusion because of something I said?

Best,

Jian
GetVisaCoin

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 09:16:00 AM

Why has Waves development stagnated? By the way, i only see this person with this pseudonymous "gagarin" commiting changes on core. So right now is there only one person developing on Waves platform? I was willing to invest, but i don't see it gaining power on development here. Yelllow flags???

we're testing the lite client now. after that we'll continue the development. priority is a good and stable network and the POC lite client.

Cool, there'll be a lite client too, I didn't know that!
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 10:09:55 AM

I am a bit confused by these numbers. For example, if I put in .75 BTC on 4/26 and .25 BTC on 5/9, according to your graph I should have gotten, respectively, around 11,303 (=.75/.00006635) + 2731.9 (=0.25/00009151) = 14034, but I see 9580 LISK. 4454 are missing, around 46% off. Something is very off here.

Have I made a mistake or what is wrong here?

Thanks in advance,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 10:12:19 AM

Can somebody update me? I just want to remember/know, is there an official launch day? (I know the ICO will be open for 11 days more)

Is any bonus still available?

Thanks, sorry for my english

I think launch day is the 1st of June. There is no more bonus now I think. Goodluck! Your english is fine man!

From what I recall, the sales of Waves tokens will end the 1st of June, while the waves platform will launch some time this summer. So far the plan is to have wallets available when the ICO ends and that exchanges will be able to start trading once the tokens are paid out to everyone.
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 10:14:01 AM

Thanks in advance!

@Arrakeen,

Unlike many other crypto-initiatives, the Waves platform has unique real use cases that prove to be superior to the substitute centralized services at the moment. There might be a lot use cases for it, but let me tell you the most prevalent and featured ones.

3) International money transfers: That's a straight conclusion of the fiat integration. There will be many gateways in many countries, each issuing their local currency. Now if Alice wants to send 100 USD to Bob, and Bob wants EUR instead of USD, it's easily achievable by buying USD-tokens, converting them in the decentralized exchange to EUR-tokens and then send them to Bob, who will then use the EUR-gateway to get the tokens converted and sent to his bank account.

Now this is what disrupts the traditional centralized model most. A platform to be the infrastructure of a wide range of companies which are competitors of Kickstarter, PayPal, and Bitfinex. I hope the long-term potential is obvious here. So why invest in Waves? Because each transaction in the platform will require a transaction fee, which is payable in Wave tokens. So the adoption of the platform means the demand for the Wave tokens, which should increase its value.

Best,

Jian

A great and informative post Jian, thanks for taking the time to write this!
Pages: « 1 ... 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 [368] 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 ... 2139 »
  Print  

Jump to: