Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:19:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which religion is the best religion?
Buddhism - 35 (15.2%)
Christian - Catholic - 29 (12.6%)
Christian - Protestant - 18 (7.8%)
Christian - Other (Mormon, etc) - 10 (4.3%)
Chinese traditional religion - 1 (0.4%)
Hindu - 12 (5.2%)
Islam - 33 (14.3%)
Judaism - 4 (1.7%)
Other - Ethnic (African, Sikhism, Celtic, Germanic paganism, Shinto, etc) - 4 (1.7%)
Non-Religion (atheism, agnosticism, apatheism, secular humanism, nontheism, pantheism, freethought) - 84 (36.5%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: Which religion is the best religion?  (Read 58963 times)
Boosterious

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

The mind is everything. What you think you become.

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:14:43 AM

i dont understand,how and why people here so many pick atheis or have no religion on poll,and just some people who choose islam or cristian as religion,i think people here already know that atheis was not good for people who want life with peace.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:29:52 AM

i dont understand,how and why people here so many pick atheis or have no religion on poll,and just some people who choose islam or cristian as religion, i think people here already know that atheis was not good for people who want life with peace.

Lol because Islamic countries across the globe are perfect examples of peace and tranquility (when they arent killing each other for being the wrong type of muslim  Roll Eyes )
davidbis

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:50:13 AM

I think that every religion is equal. You should not judge someone depending on his beliefs.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 10:24:37 AM

I like how Hinduism solve this problem of 'faith and religion'. According to them every 'true believer' is equally good.
As long as you believe it doesn't matter if you pray to God, Allah, Vishnu, Krishna or Yahweh.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 08:09:57 PM

I like how Hinduism solve this problem of 'faith and religion'. According to them every 'true believer' is equally good.
As long as you believe it doesn't matter if you pray to God, Allah, Vishnu, Krishna or Yahweh.

This is based on ignorance. If this idea were widespread, it might bring peace here and there. But until somebody knows which god/God is the REAL one, all this idea does is to hide the truth some more.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 08:44:21 PM

This is based on ignorance. If this idea were widespread, it might bring peace here and there. But until somebody knows which god/God is the REAL one, all this idea does is to hide the truth some more.

Spoiler:

None of them are real
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 08:52:58 PM

Spoiler:

None of them are real

Certainly not yours, which is yourself, of course.    Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 06:33:40 AM

Doesn't really matter which religion here is the "best". I think at the core of all these teachings we'd find love and respect for others. We tend to overlook these things for more radical aspects of the religion we belong to. I can imagine the reaction of jesus, or buddha, or mohammed seeing us so divided over the same subject that all of them are trying to teach us. For me, all these religions are teaching us the same lesson with different teachers. Cheesy

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 06:55:08 AM

Doesn't really matter which religion here is the "best". I think at the core of all these teachings we'd find love and respect for others. We tend to overlook these things for more radical aspects of the religion we belong to. I can imagine the reaction of jesus, or buddha, or mohammed seeing us so divided over the same subject that all of them are trying to teach us. For me, all these religions are teaching us the same lesson with different teachers. Cheesy

This is the best philosophy available to humans right now. Unfortunately even that doesn't cut it. It has a fundamental flaw (and a critical one at that): 'love' cannot be 'taught' or 'willed'. Even if humanity were to achieve a 'peaceful' state, having eradicated violence and war completely, everything would still be exactly the same. It would just be pretty on the outside and that's it.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 07:02:11 AM

Here is the reason why the best religion is important.

If you had a teenage child of car-driving age, and your child asked you for the keys, what would you do? Wouldn't you base your decision to give him the keys on how good and trustworthy of a person he was?

God gave us a very wonderful, complex life. Try growing an extra finger on your hand. Can't do it. It is too complex. Yet, life is full of pleasures God has given all of us.

Yet we took our life and destroyed it. God made us to last forever. But we disobey Him all the time, and live basically less than 100 years because of our disobedience.

We disrespect God greatly (to put it extremely mildly). So why should God give us eternal life? Why shouldn't God give us the damnation we deserve for disrespecting the Controller of everything? He has the power. Why shouldn't He destroy us all? It is an honor thing.

Some religions offer eternal life. Islam has no reason why God would offer eternal life to us bad people. The Christian religion not only shows the whys and the wherefores, but it also shows how it all works. No other religion has the way to keep one from going to a soul-destruction that is fraught with pain.

Love, peace, and joy in this life are great. They are the things that should exist. But the life after this one is way more important. Find the religion that has the truth of it. It means an eternity of peace and joy and love, as opposed to an eternity of the opposite filled with pain.

Cool

matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 08:25:55 AM

If you had a teenage child of car-driving age, and your child asked you for the keys, what would you do? Wouldn't you base your decision to give him the keys on how good and trustworthy of a person he was?

God gave us a very wonderful, complex life. Try growing an extra finger on your hand. Can't do it. It is too complex. Yet, life is full of pleasures God has given all of us.

Yet we took our life and destroyed it. God made us to last forever. But we disobey Him all the time, and live basically less than 100 years because of our disobedience.

We disrespect God greatly (to put it extremely mildly). So why should God give us eternal life? Why shouldn't God give us the damnation we deserve for disrespecting the Controller of everything? He has the power. Why shouldn't He destroy us all? It is an honor thing.

Some religions offer eternal life. Islam has no reason why God would offer eternal life to us bad people. The Christian religion not only shows the whys and the wherefores, but it also shows how it all works. No other religion has the way to keep one from going to a soul-destruction that is fraught with pain.

Love, peace, and joy in this life are great. They are the things that should exist. But the life after this one is way more important. Find the religion that has the truth of it. It means an eternity of peace and joy and love, as opposed to an eternity of the opposite filled with pain.

Cool

I totally agree with most of what you said sir, I mean I myself am a christian and christianity has great and wonderful teachings.

I'm just saying that at the base of pretty much all religions, it's the same. They teach to be respectful to others. To love, to share.

Its too easy for us to believe that the religion we belong to is the best among others but I think we also have to understand that, given the different cultures we have, people from other religions would think the same way about theirs.

This keeps us divided as humans. And the God that I know, for me, doesn't limit eternal life and paradise to christians or catholics.

It doesn't matter if you're christian, or muslim or hindu or an atheist, as long as you stick to the basics of your religion, which for me would be love and respect for others regardless of what religion they're affiliated with, the gates of paradise should be wide open for you. Cheesy

██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 02:42:35 PM

Cool

I totally agree with most of what you said sir, I mean I myself am a christian and christianity has great and wonderful teachings.

I'm just saying that at the base of pretty much all religions, it's the same. They teach to be respectful to others. To love, to share.

Its too easy for us to believe that the religion we belong to is the best among others but I think we also have to understand that, given the different cultures we have, people from other religions would think the same way about theirs.

This keeps us divided as humans. And the God that I know, for me, doesn't limit eternal life and paradise to christians or catholics.

It doesn't matter if you're christian, or muslim or hindu or an atheist, as long as you stick to the basics of your religion, which for me would be love and respect for others regardless of what religion they're affiliated with, the gates of paradise should be wide open for you. Cheesy

Your thinking is right. And it is the reason why Jesus taught and trained His disciples to go into the world and tell the Gospel to other people. It is the reason why, in the Acts of the Apostles, when the great persecution of the Church in Jerusalem came about (a few years before the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans in 70 A.D.) that the Christians were scattered, and told everybody that they met about the Gospel.

People generally believe things that make sense. There are few people who really believe atheism, because atheism is blind faith. Most humble atheists are despairing people who are grasping at straws because of some traumatic happenings in their lives. Then they become settled in this thinking, and build on it. If they would take the time to really step out of their blind faith thinking, they would turn to God one way or another. Many have done this.

Preaching the Gospel and the Bible brings logic to people. It shows people that there is something greater than the foolishness they had been believing in their favorite, pet religion. It brings clarity. If they read the Bible in humility (or listen to it being read) God actually works with them to let them understand.

People are generally not great thinkers. Even scientists (who attempt to be great thinkers) miss the fact that nature shows that God exists, and that their own science proves that God exists. People are not made to be great thinkers. They are made to be great listeners. Listening to the Word of God in the Bible brings them into clarity of the truth.

Cool

Moloch

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 02:57:42 PM

Moloch

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:00:48 PM

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:21:50 PM

In a funny farm!

Cheesy Grin Cheesy

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 03:24:42 PM

The only reason religious people are militant is, they don't realize that they are really atheists. If they believed in God, they would be peaceful and loving, like God commands.

Cool

xht

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

hey you, yeah you, fuck you!!!

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 07:53:47 PM

Atheism is a religion. These are the google definitions of religion:
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

Moloch

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 08:13:54 PM

the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

So... ... which "superhuman controlling power" / "personal God or gods", are atheists worshiping?

Is it the Flying Spaghetti Monster or the Invisible Pink Unicorn?

It must be Satan... that's always the Christian answer... anyone not worshiping their sky god is obviously worshiping Satan
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7972

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 08:34:59 PM

Full Definition of militant

1 :   engaged in warfare or combat :   fighting

2 :   aggressively active (as in a cause) :   combative <militant conservationists> <a militant attitude>

Yes, really.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 08:52:56 PM

So... ... which "superhuman controlling power" / "personal God or gods", are atheists worshiping?

Is it the Flying Spaghetti Monster or the Invisible Pink Unicorn?

It must be Satan... that's always the Christian answer... anyone not worshiping their sky god is obviously worshiping Satan

Atheists would like to think that they are the superhuman power in human form, simply by denying that God exists.

Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: