Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:14:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which top 10 crypto do you feel is most likely to change its political policies in a way that affects a majority of its community members negatively.
bitcoin - 21 (17.1%)
Ethereum - 29 (23.6%)
Ripple - 8 (6.5%)
Litecoin - 2 (1.6%)
Maidsafe - 2 (1.6%)
DASH - 27 (22%)
Dogecoin - 2 (1.6%)
Factom - 2 (1.6%)
Monero - 26 (21.1%)
BitShares - 4 (3.3%)
Total Voters: 123

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL - Which crypto do you feel is the biggest "scam"? - - REVISED 4 ACCURACY -  (Read 5130 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 01:38:13 AM

Newbie, KID, OP it's cute you have opinions but they are dog shit.

Sorry NOOB's you know nothing what so ever about altcoins.. now STFU thanks

FUD first & ask questions later™

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 03:50:04 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2016, 04:42:10 AM by generalizethis

Yet I never seen a developer like Evan and he's beautiful work; if any of these developers created one of he's creations like instant transactions or governence thingie or even that 2nd tier those haters would be all over it saying how awesome is their low skilled can't even make a GUI wallet working developer is. Keep dreaming of Dash going down it won't and stop hating on ETH because it's doing so well man these haters can't be happy with a 10% of a gambling site while doing nothing but spreading hate on forums and shut up  Huh insetad creating those useless Polls with threads like "What do you think of DASH BLA BLA BLA"  Haters gonna hate.

If they hating on Evan and Dash then man it is doing an awesome job at pissing them off.
The jealousy is strong with these ones...

To anyone who believes the false narrative that Dash's governance is a dictatorship, let me tell you a story.

Evan submitted a proposal to hire Transform PR to represent us. It was approved, and after a month some community members started having second thoughts. There was a big discussion on DashTalk, resulting in the Transform PR Initiative being struck down, and Evan himself as the Dash representative had to embarrassingly cancel the contract he had signed.

Does that sound like a dictatorship to you? Amanda Johnson has Dash figured out just fine, my disillusioned friends.

This is my criticism (still waiting for someone from dash to explain this away).

Dash has some pretty horrendous flaws: namely X11 and Darksend.

X11: If one chain can be attacked then the whole thing is vulnerable--you essentially load a bunch of people on a bus and hope one doesn't have a virus. I've pointed this out to Evan, as have others, but he has yet to address it. He has stated incorrectly that you just roll the chain back and get rid of the broken one--this is patently false as the broken chain can exist for some time and go unnoticed and do so much damage in that time that no roll-back can save the coin--he's essentially saying, "We can just kick the sick person off the bus and that gets rid of the contagion," meanwhile everyone on the bus is already infected.

Darksend, besides its twenty hour mix times, is flawed because of centralization and the fact that TPTB can subpoena control (or use other methods such as coercion) to gain enough nodes to break anonymity. I would suggest that Evan owns enough to break most anonymity and a fincen investigation hanging over his head would be enough to coerce him into helping the US government break dash's weak anonymity--that is if dash ever gained enough market to garner governmental interest (and that's a huge if). Cryptosystems are meant to be anti-fragile, especially against governmental pressures, and this is why well-built cryptosystems avoid centralized solutions.

These two flaws lead me to believe Evan has a very weak understanding of cryptosystems (I have just a casual interest and I understand these things, so for a developer to not know them is pretty unforgivable).

Criticisms are either true, false, or opinions. It doesn't matter in what frame of mind they were made if they are correct. It is the liar, the fraud, the charlatan who wants to sidestep truth with accusations of motive when motive cannot determine if an argument is true or false, but only the attitude in which it was delivered. Scientist can hate, criticize and ridicule one another, but when day is done, only the facts are given weight. But then again, I'm just a hater, so nothing I say can have any weight or truth.  Tongue

Both of these issues are currently under review. The Dash software is currently in beta, no one is saying that it is a finished product. When Dash V1.0 is released, you can be sure that PrivacyProtect will be vetted and ready for prime time.

In regards to Masternodes, the scenario you describe is highly unlikely, as a far greater amount of Masternodes than would be needed to control anonymity reside outside of US control. We would simply move them to jurisdictions that are friendly to crypto.

The bolded is as ignorant as Evan's statement on fixing x11 by rolling it back.

Those masternodes are on host servers of a few companies, not on individual computers all over the world, so gaining control of them isn't a big deal especially if one person owns a majority of them and has granted access through coercion or a subpoena--but way to dumb down your response to muddy the water. Again, it's not where the servers are located that matters, it's who controls them. And Evan and Otoh control a lot of them and the companies used for hosting are few--the fact that the hosting companies servers are located all over the world may look nice on a map, but it doesn't diminish my point as to their being controlled by a few who can be coerced, by law or force.

Also, nice hand waving about beta and we'll fix these issues in the future. Show me a whitepaper that can be peer-reviewed so I can see for myself that it isn't just more hype and promises.

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 07:37:38 AM

Seriously ?
Are you really back bashing DASH again ?
Yeah i really do need to put a fork in you buddy.
When i said that last time you switched accounts LOL

Monero idiots .. 3 or 4 of them with 14 accounts as usual hell bent on bashing DASH here 24/7
AKA: posting FUD / Trolling

Why ?

Because they are angry their shit coin Monero was criticized.. so it's a retaliation
or WOW they must REALLY be super threatened by DASH (their competition ?)

Maybe stick to your 700+ pg Super Speculation SPAM topic or paid forum game Retro City "adoption asset" topic ?

schlonged (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 08:59:20 AM

Newbie, OP, you know nothing what so ever about altcoins.. now STFU thanks

Cheesy LOL, cheers to you my friend, Mr. Spoetnik, I freely admit that my knowledge of crypto tech is sparse, hence this poll for info.

Abraham Lincoln surrounded himself with advisors who were not only smarter than him, but they did not always agree with him either.  Like honest Abe, I do not want a cabinet of yes men.  I prefer to immerse myself in the progressive state of the art genius that is available to me at my fingertips.  We’ll never make America great again if we refuse to learn new technologies.  I am walking the talk.

I welcome the tough love, and don’t expect to be treated as a celebrity but as any old noob who is fresh off the boat stumbling into the wrong bar after hours.  I’m thick skinned and a proven winner who will bounce back leaner and smarter than before.  I appreciate your help here, so please bear with me while I hone the prospectus for my “2016 Crypto Equity Index Freedom Fund”

I have divided my selections into 2 distinct categories:
1.   Governance Models
2.   Niche Businesses

So far, we have only identified 4 major categories of crypto company/community governance models:

1.   - In a Hashocracy like bicoin, only the miners choose which future developments get implemented (which hard forks to take), and anyone is free to compete in the coin mining process.  The original Bitcoin Foundation members did not like fact that they lost their ability to control the miners, so they left to form Decred which is a:

2.   - hybrid Hashocracy/Meritocracy which allows anyone to compete in the coin mining, but only coin holders get to vote on development directions (which hard fork to take).  DASH is now a hybrid Hashocracy/Meritocracy like Decred, but started out as a Dictatorship when Evan misrepresented the total number of shares without indemnifying the shareholders.  Since the SEC has no jurisdiction over a crypto company, there can be no legal recourse for suffering through injustices experienced as a shareholder of a company ruled as a:

3.   - Dictatorship is where a central man or entity tells the miners what to do.  I pledge to avoid any investments in companies who are or have ever been ran as a Dictatorship due to the lack of legal shareholder recourse described in #3 above.

4.   - In a pure Meritocracy like BitShares, shareholders determine which hard forks to take and who is allowed to mine new coins (1 BTS = 1 Vote).  This type of community resembles that of a traditional company with multiple owners.

Because I obviously need to be politically correct here, I formally apologize to Amanda for criticizing her explanation of the DASH governmental structure as anything but its former dictatorship because it’s obvious now that Masternode owners are in control of the DASH network, even though that was not always the case.  I simply choose not to associate with former dictators, and I don’t want to lose the female vote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQGlcLFhwE0#t=2m8s
(I stand corrected Ms. Johnson)

In our second category for crypto investment, I'm searching for the best of breed (large cap) crypto companies in each niche market.  

I only came up with 8 niche crypto business sectors.  Please let me know if I am overlooking any sectors.  Again, I want only the largest cap company in that sector, but not if it has ever been ran a Dictatorship:

1.   the largest (biggest market cap) data storage company is Maidsafe
2.   the largest records database company is Factom
3.   the largest social networking company is Synereo
4.   the largest music monetization company is MUSE
5.   the largest public Turing complete computer is Ethereum
6.   the largest anonymity solution (omitting DASH) is BitShares
7.   the largest file swapping service company is Florincoin (The Alexandria Project)
8.   the largest domain name company is Namecoin

So to summarize:

Are there any crypto business types or governance structures that I have not considered?

Thanks in advance, and there was one question, I have yet to field:

Question:    Which top 10 crypto do you feel is most likely to change its political policies in a way that affects a majority of its community members negatively.

Define "community members."  What constitutes a negative effect? Are "political policies" taken from the official mission statements of the coins' documents, or simply one's subjective impressions of what the leadership's undisclosed vision for the coin might be?

The original "biggest scam" question is more appropriate, given the rephrase is equally subjective and even more vague, IMO.

Community members = coin holders or shareholders

Negative affects = decisions made outside shareholder control that have the potential to lower the share price.  

Evan stealing coins is such a negative effect even though he did not sell them on the open market, he could at any time.

Political Policies are direct statements taken from whitepapers, bitcointalk announcement threads, or any written dev post.

A scam is a lie that can only be proven by objective fact (no different than in a court of law).

Your feedback and criticism is greatly appreciated.  Thank you again my friends.
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 10:04:20 AM

i wonder if this accusation is true...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1272304.220

THEN !
They tried the angle that he was not even a part of the "team"
Well a pile of people have told me HE IS !
Further more..
David Latapie just so happens to be the treasurer of the Monero donation funds.
Where i pointed out how Risto had been sending coins to for almost 2 years.
Which they denied.
Yet on the previous page it's PROVEN 100%

THEN !
We see Risto also has been said to have no part of the Monero Team etc too !
Even though whew Monero launched he had bought around 882 BTC worth back when BTC was worth around $600 roughly
Then the link someone posted on the previous page about MEW etc
Shows Risto on their (self-modded) topic admitting to spending the donation money while crying TROLL/FUD
because 1 person asked if he had gotten permission and where the rest of the donated money is now.
Since i had said Latapie was in hiding for months they too also denied that..
Which Latapie admitted to on that link AND in the quote i posted in this topic.
So..
Risto admitted he spent the donation money with out any vote or anyone's permission
even though he was NOT a part of Monero !
Make any sense at all ?

Oh yeah it gets worse LOL
Risto spent the money which was ear marked for public adoption / marketing endeavors..
On get this !
On a Forum game topic here at Bitcointalk. ROFL
Where yes again for two years they have denied making ANY effort ever on Advertising here.
Such as denying their 2 year old spam topic with 700 pages 24/7 bumped to page one.
On that link i mentioned Risto the NOT team member admitted he spent the money on his
Retro City Altcoin section Forum game topic as a method of public adoption..
He called in in respect to public adoption efforts an "asset"

THEN get this !
I had seen him tell me on Poloniex about his previous forum game topic where he admitted to making 1,000 of dollars !
So.. how much has he made on his newer one that i had reported as spam when he started it ?

Cheesy LOL, cheers to you my friend, Mr. Spoetnik, I freely admit that my knowledge of crypto tech is sparse, hence this poll for info.

Abraham Lincoln surrounded himself with advisors who were not only smarter than him, but they did not always agree with him either.  Like honest Abe, I do not want a cabinet of yes men.  I prefer to immerse myself in the progressive state of the art genius that is available to me at my fingertips.  We’ll never make America great again if we refuse to learn new technologies.  I am walking the talk.

I welcome the tough love, and don’t expect to be treated as a celebrity but as any old noob who is fresh off the boat stumbling into the wrong bar after hours.  I’m thick skinned and a proven winner who will bounce back leaner and smarter than before.  I appreciate your help here, so please bear with me while I hone the prospectus for my “2016 Crypto Equity Index Freedom Fund”

1.   Governance Models
2.   Niche Businesses

So far, we have only identified 4 major categories of crypto company/community governance models:

1.   - In a Hashocracy like bicoin, only the miners choose which future developments get implemented (which hard forks to take), and anyone is free to compete in the coin mining process.  The original Bitcoin Foundation members did not like fact that they lost their ability to control the miners, so they left to form Decred which is a:

2.   - hybrid Hashocracy/Meritocracy which allows anyone to compete in the coin mining, but only coin holders get to vote on development directions (which hard fork to take).  DASH is now a hybrid Hashocracy/Meritocracy like Decred, but started out as a Dictatorship when Evan misrepresented the total number of shares without indemnifying the shareholders.  Since the SEC has no jurisdiction over a crypto company, there can be no legal recourse for suffering through injustices experienced as a shareholder of a company ruled as a:

3.   - Dictatorship is where a central man or entity tells the miners what to do.  I pledge to avoid any investments in companies who are or have ever been ran as a Dictatorship due to the lack of legal shareholder recourse described in #3 above.

4.   - In a pure Meritocracy like BitShares, shareholders determine which hard forks to take and who is allowed to mine new coins (1 BTS = 1 Vote).  This type of community resembles that of a traditional company with multiple owners.

Because I obviously need to be politically correct here, I formally apologize to Amanda for criticizing her explanation of the DASH governmental structure as anything but its former dictatorship because it’s obvious now that Masternode owners are in control of the DASH network, even though that was not always the case.  I simply choose not to associate with former dictators, and I don’t want to lose the female vote.

In our second category for crypto investment, I'm searching for the best of breed (large cap) crypto companies in each niche market.  

I only came up with 8 niche crypto business sectors.  Please let me know if I am overlooking any sectors.  Again, I want only the largest cap company in that sector, but not if it has ever been ran a Dictatorship:

7.   the largest file swapping service company is Florincoin (The Alexandria Project)

So to summarize:

Are there any crypto business types or governance structures that I have not considered?

Question:    Which top 10 crypto do you feel is most likely to change its political policies in a way that affects a majority of its community members negatively.

Define "community members."  What constitutes a negative effect? Are "political policies" taken from the official mission statements of the coins' documents, or simply one's subjective impressions of what the leadership's undisclosed vision for the coin might be?

The original "biggest scam" question is more appropriate, given the rephrase is equally subjective and even more vague, IMO.

Negative affects = decisions made outside shareholder control that have the potential to lower the share price.  

Evan stealing coins is such a negative effect even though he did not sell them on the open market, he could at any time.

Political Policies are direct statements taken from whitepapers, bitcointalk announcement threads, or any written dev post.

A scam is a lie that can only be proven by objective fact (no different than in a court of law).

Your feedback and criticism is greatly appreciated.  Thank you again my friends.

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
schlonged (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 11:07:20 AM

wow

Thanks for giving me a glimpse into the cryptoscam glacier.  It's going to take me a while to pick my way through that mess.  It's good to see the crypto game for what it is though.  Competition in business is no less brutal.

Monero was not on my Index Fund list because there are larger cap companies that provide the same level of service. But good looking out my friend. If I had been considering Monero, I would definitely think twice. Thanks again.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 11:17:36 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2016, 11:42:22 AM by generalizethis

i wonder if this accusation is true...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1272304.220

THEN !
They tried the angle that he was not even a part of the "team"
Well a pile of people have told me HE IS !
Further more..
David Latapie just so happens to be the treasurer of the Monero donation funds.
Where i pointed out how Risto had been sending coins to for almost 2 years.
Which they denied.
Yet on the previous page it's PROVEN 100%

THEN !
We see Risto also has been said to have no part of the Monero Team etc too !
Even though whew Monero launched he had bought around 882 BTC worth back when BTC was worth around $600 roughly
Then the link someone posted on the previous page about MEW etc
Shows Risto on their (self-modded) topic admitting to spending the donation money while crying TROLL/FUD
because 1 person asked if he had gotten permission and where the rest of the donated money is now.
Since i had said Latapie was in hiding for months they too also denied that..
Which Latapie admitted to on that link AND in the quote i posted in this topic.
So..
Risto admitted he spent the donation money with out any vote or anyone's permission
even though he was NOT a part of Monero !
Make any sense at all ?

Oh yeah it gets worse LOL
Risto spent the money which was ear marked for public adoption / marketing endeavors..
On get this !
On a Forum game topic here at Bitcointalk. ROFL
Where yes again for two years they have denied making ANY effort ever on Advertising here.
Such as denying their 2 year old spam topic with 700 pages 24/7 bumped to page one.
On that link i mentioned Risto the NOT team member admitted he spent the money on his
Retro City Altcoin section Forum game topic as a method of public adoption..
He called in in respect to public adoption efforts an "asset"

THEN get this !
I had seen him tell me on Poloniex about his previous forum game topic where he admitted to making 1,000 of dollars !
So.. how much has he made on his newer one that i had reported as spam when he started it ?

1.   Governance Models
2.   Niche Businesses

So to summarize:

Instead of wondering you should fact check and see that sputz used his mastery of misreading to turn David's getting ripped off into an accusation of being in league with the guy who ripped him off--then went full beautiful mind and started connecting random excerpts in a haphazard conspiracy theory using, "I don't know, but..." logic. As usual dashtards + sptz = FUD and distraction.

Notice how not one of them has countered my technical criticism of dash? Though sputz might have as I have him on ignore, but that would require a huge leap of effort on his part as he tends to just shout and wave his hands and will never in engage in a technical discussion.

Corazon79

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 12:19:31 PM

This whole debate has obviously been hijacked by butthurt Monero employees or followers. Here's a hint, guys. Try to match Evan's ingenuity and marketing savvy, rather than play this sad, bitter loser role. So far, I've seen nothing that makes Monero more credible than DASH. Try to work on that issue first.

Why is Monero's marketing so pathetic? If you can't even be bothered to communicate effectively with the P2P community, why should anybody care about you? Bottom line is that Evan is a doer, and you're like snivelling wretches on the sideslines. DASH has a timeline, with clearly defined targets and funding. What has Monero even achieved yet? The last time I saw your website it was total sh*t.

If anything, Bitcoin should be the first scam, with Monero and Ethereum tied second. DASH shouldn't even be included in this poll. And this is coming from somebody who doesn't hold DASH.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 12:19:54 PM

generalizethis.. Monero Economy Workgroup - The MEW Thread

crybaby scam coin pusher is mad his crap coin Monero has been caught in tons of drama
so he comes her and posts nothing but DASH Bashing.
Ignoring the fact the coin he defends here all the time has done far faaar worse.
Hypocrisy.

freshman777

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 12:31:44 PM

Spoetnik is a grumpy old fart, lol, everything is a scam in a world of shit to him. Many of us will be like him at some point Cheesy

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 01:04:39 PM

rofl  lmfao   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Thanks spoetnik... LOL what a funny thread...

However I have good news for everybody concerned: If David does not promptly return the correspondence, his CK character worth ~15,000 XMR will be frozen and necessary funds liquidated from that one to fulfill the MEW resolution that seems to pass. Smiley

This is the most disturbing statement I have ever read about CK and it has nothing to do with David.  I am deeply concerned that rpietila as "king" or anyone would have the ability to independently freeze and liquidate assets of a CK player.

Monero prides itself on decentralization and the absence of 3rd party control over assets.  The statement above (which some may say is no longer relevant since David has responded) has caused me to lose some trust in CK.

Please do not call me a troll because I have supported Monero for a long time.

My goal is not to sounds negative. If the problem is technical then a committee should be formed to make decisions on freezing or liquidating funds. That much power should never reside in 1 person.

generalizethis.. Monero Economy Workgroup - The MEW Thread

crybaby scam coin pusher is mad his crap coin Monero has been caught in tons of drama
so he comes her and posts nothing but DASH Bashing.
Ignoring the fact the coin he defends here all the time has done far faaar worse.
Hypocrisy.

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 01:09:19 PM

Whenever you guys are done hand waving and attacking me, this will be here waiting. TaoOfSatoshi at least tried  Roll Eyes

This is my criticism (still waiting for someone from dash to explain this away).

Dash has some pretty horrendous flaws: namely X11 and Darksend.

X11: If one chain can be attacked then the whole thing is vulnerable--you essentially load a bunch of people on a bus and hope one doesn't have a virus. I've pointed this out to Evan, as have others, but he has yet to address it. He has stated incorrectly that you just roll the chain back and get rid of the broken one--this is patently false as the broken chain can exist for some time and go unnoticed and do so much damage in that time that no roll-back can save the coin--he's essentially saying, "We can just kick the sick person off the bus and that gets rid of the contagion," meanwhile everyone on the bus is already infected.

Darksend, besides its twenty hour mix times, is flawed because of centralization and the fact that TPTB can subpoena control (or use other methods such as coercion) to gain enough nodes to break anonymity. I would suggest that Evan owns enough to break most anonymity and a fincen investigation hanging over his head would be enough to coerce him into helping the US government break dash's weak anonymity--that is if dash ever gained enough market to garner governmental interest (and that's a huge if). Cryptosystems are meant to be anti-fragile, especially against governmental pressures, and this is why well-built cryptosystems avoid centralized solutions.

These two flaws lead me to believe Evan has a very weak understanding of cryptosystems (I have just a casual interest and I understand these things, so for a developer to not know them is pretty unforgivable).

Criticisms are either true, false, or opinions. It doesn't matter in what frame of mind they were made if they are correct. It is the liar, the fraud, the charlatan who wants to sidestep truth with accusations of motive when motive cannot determine if an argument is true or false, but only the attitude in which it was delivered. Scientist can hate, criticize and ridicule one another, but when day is done, only the facts are given weight. But then again, I'm just a hater, so nothing I say can have any weight or truth.  Tongue

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 01:36:36 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2016, 02:16:32 PM by TPTB_need_war

Scamcoin Education 101

I am forced to post because no one addresses your post correctly. Sigh.

Can't anyone learn from me and take over my former role? Pleeeeaasssseee!

1.   - In a Hashocracy like bicoin, only the miners choose which future developments get implemented (which hard forks to take), and anyone is free to compete in the coin mining process.  The original Bitcoin Foundation members did not like fact that they lost their ability to control the miners,

In Satoshi's design that is true and also because it is economically driven to centralized control over the hashrate; but in my redesign of proof-of-work, I posit that no user has enough hashrate to control anything and the economic forces driving centralization are eliminated.

so they left to form Decred which is a:

2.   - hybrid Hashocracy/Meritocracy which allows anyone to compete in the coin mining, but only coin holders get to vote on development directions (which hard fork to take).

Ignorant bullshit. I explained why that is impossible when employing Satoshi's design (<-- read the linked threads), regardless that the developers assert some BS about meritocracy. Rather there can only be centralized control.

DASH is now a hybrid Hashocracy/Meritocracy like Decred

Ignorant bullshit.  Come on man, don't be such a dufus. Surely could have deduced quite simply that since Dash and his whales control most of the coin supply, then they control most of the masternodes. Duh. The scam continues unabated.

Amanda is articulate and quick witted, but she is not very deep on understanding technology. She has only a superficial understanding justified by her reasonably quick mind. But she totally lacks computer science and relevant experience. She is a smart journalist, not a coder. Would you ask a journalist how to rebuild your combustion engine, or a mechanic. Come on people, the abysmal level of common sense on these forums is pitiful.

All I know about DASH is what this smoking hot chick named Amanda said about it being a hybrid between a hashocracy and a meritocracy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQGlcLFhwE0

Hot? Somewhat attractive but the big lips and mouth are slightly resembling the vagina of a mother pig. I haven't seen her figure, but probably nothing exceptional. And I read that she is addicted to some medications. Definitely not my type, except I appreciate her quick mind, might not be boring to talk to her. But if she has any feminist leanings wrapped in Libertarian sheepskin, then fuhgeddaboudit.

, but started out as a Dictatorship when Evan misrepresented the total number of shares without indemnifying the shareholders.  Since the SEC has no jurisdiction over a crypto company, there can be no legal recourse for suffering through injustices experienced as a shareholder of a company ruled as a:

Ignorant bullshit. Why do people not study my research on this legal topic and other topics  Huh

Reading my 10,000+ posts should be required Bitcoin 101 reading course!

More ignorant manure. Proof-of-stake is entirely centralized. The illusion of voting is the same as in a democracy.

Inoramus, don't you know that all these decentralized file storage systems (including Sia, Storj, Florincoin, etc) can't work because I explained that proof-of-storage (a.k.a. proof-of-retrievability) is nonsense because anyone can pretend to be running many nodes and keep it all stored on one node. Thus Sybil attacking the system and cheating its economics and data retention resiliency.

MaidSafe is a scam. Even the claimed anonymity is technical bullshit.

I am so tired of this forum and endless stream of new ignoramuses who join this forum. I am not paid to reteach all of you fools! I would never fix the problems by coding if I spent all my time teaching all of you.

Get a fucking clue dude about this shitcoin.

Get another fucking clue about this shitcoin scam that presold AMPs before shipping a technobabble hyped project which has an economically and technically flawed design:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1361721.msg13868758#msg13868758
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1344997.msg13713923#msg13713923
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1344997.msg13739210#msg13739210

What the fuck is that?

Have you been asleep under a rock the past few weeks?

Learn about the End-to-End principle for anonymity before you IGNORANT AND ERRONEOUSLY claim that any coin that doesn't use on chain mixing is anonymous. Ask smooth to explain this to you. Visit the various thread where I have commented on this, such as the "Thoughts of Zcash?" thread.

schlonged (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 01:41:35 PM

wow

Thank you TPTB, that's exactly the type of analysis I've been looking for!

It's going to take me quite a while to weed through all this though.  

I really appreciate your time sir.

http://rlv.zcache.com/vets_for_donald_trump_youre_hired_fun_stickers-r9d33a5d2a7d34c4bae400157a8d90e1a_v9wth_8byvr_324.jpg
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 01:56:04 PM

You fucking changed the poll to some meaningless shit.

Please restore a proper poll about which coins are scams.

Ah fuck it, I will make a new thread because you are clueless about making a proper poll.

Yw on my feedback. Hope you can learn before you make polls.

MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 02:56:03 PM

Please restart the poll and allow us to vote for more than one.

The poll is useless in this forum, because so many of those are scams.

My ranking by most scammy at the top:

Dash
MaidSafe
Ethereum
VanillaCoin/Vcash
Factom
Ripple
Bitshares (more like confused than scammy, but there is an element of scammy in the presales of Protoshares, etc)

Monero is not a scam. Those voting for that are Dash and V(anila)cash/coin trolls.

If you are asking about "accusations", I don't see that as a reliable measure of anything. Ask us which ones are the most scammy, not which coins receive the most FUD.

Protoshares where PoW mined. There was however crowdfunding for Angelshares. I think Bitshares was distributed 50% to Protoshares holders and 50% to Angelshares holders. What I didn't like is them changing things a year in and inflating the currency. Other than that I don't think these guys were out to scam anyone.
numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 03:21:34 PM

So to summarize:

1.     did they delivered any product so far? Last ten years, perhaps?
2.     Namecoin entered the market earlier
3.     Facebook?
4.     iTunes.
5.     Cloud Computing. The better approach to rent CPU cycles.
6.     Bitcoin. Use a darknet search engine on "Mixers"
7.     The Pirate Bay
8.     DNS runs just fine if searching for an alternative

There are no such "niches" to deploy. The Dictatorship argument is void, proof: Apple. Microsoft. Oh, Facebook. Google.

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 03:30:53 PM

Do you like what your elected officials are doing with your tax dollars.  Don't get me started.

I came here hoping that today's American youth will help me make America great again, and it seems to be working:

If you're interested in a really long-range perspective:

Back in the Great Depression, folks got into the habit of fixing their own things because money was tight. That gave birth to a huge DIY culture. But it also gave birth to a huge number of people who had essentially trained themselves into becoming good with machines. So in the 1940s [WW2], '50s and '60s, there was a huge pool of workers who were skilled labour because they had trained themselves to be so. Not just the folks who had to slog through the Great Depression, but also the kids who put together go-karts, jalopies, radios, etc. in their backyards, shop classes, rooms, etc. After that great self-education, America had a great labour force perfectly times for the post-WW2 era.

This "long tail" of self-trained skilled workers made America great again after it was humbled by the Great Depression.

So: how to make America great again now? What better long-term framework than the same one that did work to get America on top after the G.D.?

This time 'round, it's computers and tech. Today's answer to the "Go-Kart" is the Raspberry Pi. Pis are already being used for the Internet of Things.

That's the long-range way to make America great again: chivvy every kid you know to get a Raspberry Pi and knock around with it. It's the "jalopy" of today! As with the last wave of DIYing, it'll take years to see any effect on the economy. But once those years are over...

...everyone will see that America made great again by America getting back to its DIY roots. Smiley

This makes an excellent case as to why DRM (Digital Rights Management) is pure evil. The reality today is that the United States has been pushing worldwide at the behest of organizations such as the MPAA, RIAA and (big content publishers etc.)  anti-circumvention laws that would make everything described above illegal and subject to civil and criminal penalties. Given that the United States is the country that is pushing for a world where tinkering with anything will be a criminal offense, it is very unlikely that America would become great again and another country or countries will take its place.  

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
schlonged (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 03:39:21 PM

You fucking changed the poll to some meaningless shit.

Please restore a proper poll about which coins are scams.

Ah fuck it, I will make a new thread because you are clueless about making a proper poll.

Yw on my feedback. Hope you can learn before you make polls.

How do you allow for multiple votes?

I'm not seeing the option.  I'll change it, but I don't know how.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 06:52:42 PM

This whole debate has obviously been hijacked by butthurt Monero employees or followers. Here's a hint, guys. Try to match Evan's ingenuity and marketing savvy, rather than play this sad, bitter loser role. So far, I've seen nothing that makes Monero more credible than DASH. Try to work on that issue first.

Why is Monero's marketing so pathetic? If you can't even be bothered to communicate effectively with the P2P community, why should anybody care about you? Bottom line is that Evan is a doer, and you're like snivelling wretches on the sideslines. DASH has a timeline, with clearly defined targets and funding. What has Monero even achieved yet? The last time I saw your website it was total sh*t.

If anything, Bitcoin should be the first scam, with Monero and Ethereum tied second. DASH shouldn't even be included in this poll. And this is coming from somebody who doesn't hold DASH.

HAHHA - yeah okay ...............so you sold it all then?? why was that?

D - devious
A - and
S-  scamming
H - hoarders

Early xcoin/dark coin hoarder here claiming does not hold any dash?? yeah okay

check the post history.... don't hold any dash ahahah ...so unloaded on other poor mugs???

------------------------------------------------------
on: 22-02-2014, 14:13:27

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Darkcoin wallet just disappeared from my PC.

Does anybody know why that happened? When I go into start, run, and type %Appdata%, I can see that the Darkcoin folder and its contents are still on my computer. Which is a relief.

The problem is that since switching off the PC and booting up again, the Darkcoin wallet itself is no longer there. Which files in the Darkcoin folder are relevant to opening up the wallet again, and how do I do it?

----------------------------

what a relief - my empty dark coin wallet is still there.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: