Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:45:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Archive] BFL trolling museum  (Read 69319 times)
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 11:12:27 PM

100,000,000 Difficulty before Jan 1st, 2014?

Please pass whatever the hell you got off silkroad.

I would definitely say that if you are not planning to be profitable at diff 100m or greater, than you have no clue about what's coming.

Where the hell are we getting 730 TH of mining power?

Once initial pre-orders are shipped out, purchasing will continue until profitability calculators are no longer "gold rush" 6-8mo. What happens then? ASIC manufacturers lower their prices because they have a shit ton of chips, PCBs, etc laying around doing nothing.

Avalon add's 30, BFL has 55-75 (preordered), Basic has Huh in march (iffy), drop 20 from GPU miners exiting the scene or going to Litecoin.

If Avalon's website is any clue, they will soon have the capacity to start delivering 30Th per week.....

++

Totally Agree...

(On the proven delivery of ASIC from BFL)

Now production can start in earnest  and these chips will be flying out of the factory

12 months 2000 T/Hash who knows...the market will find a point which will be basically the same as it is now ~8-12% return  pm after power costs as it is now.

So do a reverse engineering price calc and that will be the HASH rate 

So thats the market potential based upon current BTC price & power costs..but hey before the market corrects itself live in a land of milk and honey...Cheesy

If BFL dont deliver AVALON has the ability to manipulate the market and drip feed the product out @ high $$

So its now end game for BFL and all of their current failures...the market will not accept any more BS as there is a real player in the market

GAME ON

OBJECT NOT FOUND
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Miner99er

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 11:12:59 PM

I never said we wouldn't hit 100m Difficulty... just not in a 10 month time frame.

Also, I definitely plan on being profitable, isn't that the name of the game?

Bought From Yochdogx2, Alexmat, SgtSpike, David_Benz, Beaflag VonRathburg, Slaveindebt, Cptmooseinc, Coinhoarder

Donations? SURE! 16foPr8FAjYXKL8ApQAzihnigXm1qNhi8Q

http://pyramining.com/referral/yfab9med7   
http://pyramining.com/referral/ahmc7en6z
http://pyramining.com/referral/pagndq4xc   
http://pyramining.com/referral/79b2gmrzx
http://pyramining.com/referral/e2ghz4asy
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 11:36:01 PM

If BFL isnt using customers funds why did they not have an option to pay a small deposit instead of having to pay the entire price up front ?

BFL did not use customer funds  ....i loled & i loled

Lets strike that bullshit down where ever it trys to raise its head...(You must live on the banks of a river in Egypt )

Avalon used peoples funds ?? ...... of course they did

Once again the easiest way to make somebody part with $$ is to make u think that u dont need it...its either (PR\MARKETING 101) or (TRIED & FAILED using your $$ 101) we will see

OBJECT NOT FOUND
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 11:40:50 PM

If BFL isnt using customers funds why did they not have an option to pay a small deposit instead of having to pay the entire price up front ?

BFL did not use customer funds   ....i loled & i loled

Lets strike that bullshit down where ever it trys to raise its head.....(You must live on the banks of a river in Egypt )

Once again the easiest way to make somebody part with $$ is to make u think that u dont need it...its either PR\MARKETING 101 or CON 101 we will see

...but they didn't need it. Vleisides still had the ill gotten gains from his lottery scam.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 11:46:10 PM

we'd probably see a 800Th network at some point over the next year. If the manufacturers slash pricing in half, we could easily see a doubling of the hashrate to 1.6Exh simply because the break even calculations have to be adjusted.

Following tera is peta, so you actually mean 1.6Ph, right?

It isn't his job to know that. His job is PROFIT. That is all.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 11:49:28 PM

BFL did not use customer funds   ....i loled & i loled

Lets strike that bullshit down where ever it trys to raise its head.....(You must live on the banks of a river in Egypt )

Once again the easiest way to make somebody part with $$ is to make u think that u dont need it...its either PR\MARKETING 101 or CON 101 we will see

...but they didn't need it. Vleisides still had the ill gotten gains from his lottery scam.

This made me LOL.

OMG...this is the land of scams and it is a GOOD thing to get scammed right? Damn we have a ton of idiots in this community.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 12:09:38 AM

there's roughly 40,000 workers (+/- 5,000) currently mining

Speaking of math, where is this number from? Source?

Sorry about that, meant to edit the post before when I got my link.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxnW49twNMNbZWRnSHJ2SzdyMnc/edit

jddebug

Activity: 446

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 01:44:08 AM

WOW!
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2013, 01:57:29 AM

Hey Korbman, I do like your work - but any chance of using http://blockorigin.pfoe.be/  for your data? The averages are over the last 2016 blocks so it's a bit more accurate.

Also, where do you pull the data for the workers?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:21:05 AM

Hey Korbman, I do like your work - but any chance of using http://blockorigin.pfoe.be/  for your data? The averages are over the last 2016 blocks so it's a bit more accurate.

Also, where do you pull the data for the workers?

I will definitely use http://blockorigin.pfoe.be/ next time...it does seem to be a bit more accurate, which will surely have an effect on overall stats.

As for workers, it's a pain in the ass to figure out.
For some pools, like deepbit or 50btc where they have a list of all the pools teams (containing all workers and hashing rates), it's pretty easy. I copy all of the data on workers/teams I can find into Excel. If it copies correctly, I can get a full table of all users, hash rates, etc...then I can clear the formatting and use the normal Excel functions to grab sums, averages, and the like. Pulling 7,000+ workers of data out of deepbit's tables, for example, isn't so hard after that.

For other pools, like BTCGuild, where they barely report anything other than "leaderboard" based hash rates, it's super hard to figure out accurate worker counts.

Overall, I try to use the accurate data displayed by the reliable pools to figure out what percentage of workers contribute the most to the hashrate...and then apply an average percentage to pools that don't give out precise information. Really it all comes down to an educated guess at best, but it's still better than assuming. Though nothing compared to your phenomenal work Organofcorti Smiley

Thanks for the kind words guys, I appreciate it. If anyone finds an easier way to pull data from some of the pools, let me know! Always happy to update my paper again Tongue

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2013, 04:39:12 AM

WOW!

So, the largest computer processor--Bitcoin--is about to get twelve times larger. And to think we don't need to build a moat around it.
nathanrees19

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 11:13:16 AM

Why do so many quote BFL's power "spec" as a firm number? BFL was WAY off on their last product's power specs, they do not have chips, and wasn't it their rep that was backpedaling on power consumption estimates just recently? Their power "spec" is a guess and likely a wild ass overly optimistic guess at that, just like their shipping dates.  

65nm designs almost always outperform 90nm and especially 110nm designs by a wide margin. Their ASIC designers would have to be unusually stupid in order to fail to produce chips with higher GH/J than all of the current competitors. FPGA power estimates are arguably easier to screw up, especially if you're working with an unusual FPGA.

To be a success after the difficulty rises, it doesn't have to be a "firm number". It just has to win.
lucif

Activity: 462

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 11:18:47 AM

Inaba runs out of money https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137923
Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 06:08:41 PM

Look! We can put boxes into boxes. More evidence that our ASICS are real:

We can even prove the existence of God!

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 06:12:03 PM

Time for funny story on cooling, BFL said something like we'd run into similiar problems like them knowing our design is completely different, e.g. rolled vs pipeline, we chuckled; since we are ahead, I'll say the same, I think BFL is going to run into some problems we ran into as well.

Anyways, cooling was the exact opposite, our units cool so well, we removed two fans. ZING.

Josh,

What do you think of the mammoth case Avalon just released pics of?  Do you think the PCB takes up the entire footprint?  Did they do this to spread the ASIC chips apart because of heat?  Just curious.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 06:16:06 PM

Why do so many quote BFL's power "spec" as a firm number? BFL was WAY off on their last product's power specs, they do not have chips, and wasn't it their rep that was backpedaling on power consumption estimates just recently? Their power "spec" is a guess and likely a wild ass overly optimistic guess at that, just like their shipping dates.  

65nm designs almost always outperform 90nm and especially 110nm designs by a wide margin. Their ASIC designers would have to be unusually stupid in order to fail to produce chips with higher GH/J than all of the current competitors. FPGA power estimates are arguably easier to screw up, especially if you're working with an unusual FPGA.

To be a success after the difficulty rises, it doesn't have to be a "firm number". It just has to win.

Doesn't even begin to address the question. Everybody knows smaller die size = generally lower power consumption and better profitability for a chip maker. The problem is that BFL spits out this 1w/Gh number and people quote it like it's gospel. It's not even a power range as would have been prudent for BFL to release as they clearly do not know what the final power consumption spec will be. A jalepeno is very unlikely to have the same power consumption profile as a minirig SC, but they're the same according to BFL and people eat it up.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 06:19:58 PM

It's cute the way BFL designs their products & packages to make them all pretty. I think that they think they are releasing the new iPad or iPod.

News flash: No one cares what this stuff looks like, just as long as it works. The Avalon is uglier than shit, but at least they're shipping.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 06:25:09 PM

Time for funny story on cooling, BFL said something like we'd run into similiar problems like them knowing our design is completely different, e.g. rolled vs pipeline, we chuckled; since we are ahead, I'll say the same, I think BFL is going to run into some problems we ran into as well.

Anyways, cooling was the exact opposite, our units cool so well, we removed two fans. ZING.

Josh,

What do you think of the mammoth case Avalon just released pics of?  Do you think the PCB takes up the entire footprint?  Did they do this to spread the ASIC chips apart because of heat?  Just curious.
I bet it's both... they use a lot of chips for each miner because of the 110nm process, which probably results in a largish PCB, and 400w is a lot of heat to dissipate out of a closed box.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 06:27:13 PM

400w is a lot of heat to dissipate out of a closed box.

No, it's not. Lots of servers draw 400w in a 1U case. 4U cases can handle well over 1000w, easily.

Buy & Hold
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 06:31:03 PM

Josh,

Probably. The avalon system apparently is going to run far cooler then expected, likely due to large fans and utilizing a form factor almost as big as the BFL shipping box. However, it would seem from posts that some of the space is occupied by a "radiator" and some sort of unrevealed secret

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 »
  Print  

Jump to: