Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:10:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Archive] BFL trolling museum  (Read 69313 times)
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 03:05:27 AM

there's roughly 40,000 workers (+/- 5,000) currently mining

Speaking of math, where is this number from? Source?

Sorry about that, meant to edit the post before when I got my link.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxnW49twNMNbZWRnSHJ2SzdyMnc/edit

Interesting doc Korbman, thanks for sharing !
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lucif

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 06:41:49 AM

Butterfly Labs ask International FPGA trade-in clients to get ready to ship

http://mineforeman.com/2013/01/24/butterfly-labs-asks-international-fpga-trade-in-clients-to-get-ready-to-ship/
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 08:05:55 AM

We descend upon the Post Office, DHL, UPS and FedEx like a horde of angry locust

I mentioned to Josh that there'll be no need to go to any of the above places, having to wait in line, etc. They'll all pick up. Several years ago I had all my packages (mainly books sold on Alibris) labeled and postage paid via online services, awaiting the PO driver to pick up. The process is virtually the same for the other carriers. Therefore, regress back to grasshoppers and relax, otherwise some Mexican midget at the other end of the counter may mistaken a swarm of delivery personnel as a delicacy--chapulines.
BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 08:16:03 AM

http://mineforeman.com/2013/01/24/butterfly-labs-asks-international-fpga-trade-in-clients-to-get-ready-to-ship/

Once again: Do not send your fpgas to them .....

Why trust them not to run with both (money and FPGA)?

They, should send ASIC first and after you have them working, you should send them the FPGA. They owe you that ....

nathanrees19

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 08:36:55 AM

They, should send ASIC first and after you have them working, you should send them the FPGA. They owe you that ....

Sorry, no. If the trade-in agreement said to send FPGAs before they send ASICs, then all they "owe" their trade-in customers is to honor that agreement.
BR0KK

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 08:51:19 AM

I remember that differently (I'm searching for that comment to back it up) At the beginning they told everyone that you get your ASIC and then you send it in. So you don't have to deal with loss of income....

Why do you trust them after all the bs that happened?

gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 09:30:15 AM

I remember that differently (I'm searching for that comment to back it up) At the beginning they told everyone that you get your ASIC and then you send it in. So you don't have to deal with loss of income....
Come on, be realistic— they're not going to send out a bunch of hardware to random people on the expectation that they'll get around to sending it in... even without any dishonesty, a lot of people will just lazy out of doing the return.  It's hard to get cross shipment of regular RMA computer hardware without putting down a deposit or a credit card number.  Too much fraud exposure.  Spread your caution— if you like— but try to be realistic.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 09:34:21 AM

Come on, be realistic— they're not going to send out a bunch of hardware to random people on the expectation that they'll get around to sending it in... even without any dishonesty, a lot of people will just lazy out of doing the return.  It's hard to get cross shipment of regular RMA computer hardware without putting down a deposit or a credit card number.  Too much fraud exposure.  Spread your caution— if you like— but try to be realistic.

Reads like a Mexican standoff. With that, I'm calling it a night.
punin

Activity: 560

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 10:50:53 AM

I believe they offer a possibility to send BTC to them for the USD value of your FPGA gear. They will then immediately send you ASIC. When you get your ASIC, you send the FPGA unit back. When they get it back, they refund your BTC. And the quantity of BTC will be equal to the quantity sent.

Head of Product Development
Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
Askit2

Activity: 981

DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 10:54:17 AM

Yeah They offered a deposit based system so you could avoid loss of income. I believe it applied to either USD or BTC. USD by Credit card or BTC by deposit. Credit card may give the depositor more leverage if something went awry. Also always insure the package or at least get some form of delivery confirmation.

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
......SECURITY DECENTRALIZED...
bitmar

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 12:07:30 PM

You're wasting your time. Greed and desire quick and easy money blinds people. BFL knows it.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 12:23:12 PM

I question whether people will be wise to ask if the deposit will be honored in BTC (not BTC to USD).

If so, that would be a very good thing.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 01:09:12 PM

You're wasting your time. Greed and desire quick and easy money blinds people. BFL knows it.

^^are you this?

bitmar

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 01:20:39 PM

^^are you this?

No Smiley I found it on the network Smiley

another one:

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 01:25:16 PM

^^are you this?

No Smiley I found it on the network Smiley

another one:

^^damn that's me!  Tongue why did you do this?? that's not funny at all!!  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejq-Xu0jM_E

niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 02:12:34 PM

Come on, be realistic - these are their customers who paid money up front, then got screwed with the ever-sliding deadlines. I'm talkin royally screwed, with lost profits and everyrhing, compared to what was promised by BFL.  How about those screwed-up miners send the FPGAs back in "4-6 weeks"?

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
BR0KK

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 02:47:30 PM

Come on, be realistic - these are their customers who paid money up front, then got screwed with the ever-sliding deadlines. I'm talkin royally screwed, with lost profits and everyrhing, compared to what was promised by BFL.  How about those screwed-up miners send the FPGAs back in "4-6 weeks"?

Signed ^

That's what I'm talking about!

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 10:31:04 PM

Yeah They offered a deposit based system so you could avoid loss of income. I believe it applied to either USD or BTC. USD by Credit card or BTC by deposit. Credit card may give the depositor more leverage if something went awry. Also always insure the package or at least get some form of delivery confirmation.

Pretty sure that Josh said they can't let people do it with credit card because refunding from the CC merchant account could cause them problems.

And yeah, people need to insure the package and make sure that the customs information is accurate.  No doubt we'll soon have a "where the fuck did my FPGA go" thread as the delivery of some of the returned units to BFL doesn't happen in the expected time.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 10:32:53 PM

Pretty sure that Josh said they can't let people do it with credit card because refunding from the CC merchant account could cause them problems.

And yeah, people need to insure the package and make sure that the customs information is accurate.  No doubt we'll soon have a "where the fuck did my FPGA go" thread as the delivery of some of the returned units to BFL doesn't happen in the expected time.
Probably. There's going to be at least a few people pissed off when their FPGA gets stuck in customs for two weeks while they watch the difficulty ramp up. Especially if they ordered last summer.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 10:34:48 PM

They can do it properly with a credit card hold.  They would be charged the percentage even if the hold was not used so they would need to pass that cost on to the buyer (or eat the cost).  That cost could be about $10.

Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 »
  Print  

Jump to: