Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:29:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450445 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
z38630610
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 11:02:15 AM

Good catch!

I personally found that journalism is not what it was a few years ago. Today, most journalists are just scanning through the newsfeeds of other agencies and copy cat their content. How else can you explain that these articles are semantically almost identical: https://techcrunch.com/2016/12/27/how-blockchain-can-create-the-worlds-biggest-supercomputer/
Same SETI@HOME talk, same iEX.ce (do they even exist?) and the same Golem decoder talk!  Roll Eyes

I miss true journalism! Nobody is doing his homework correctly anymore!
Today, the above-average guy must inform himself in forums, WIKIs and other side channels!

EDIT: I still cannot believe how hyped Golem is! I mean, I am still willing to make a public bet that it won't work reliably  Grin

I firmly believe XEL is more cryptographic! and sooner or later XEL will be in spotlight.

the day is coming!
spring

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
clivemy

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 01:35:16 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2017, 02:09:28 PM by clivemy

Good catch!

I personally found that journalism is not what it was a few years ago. Today, most journalists are just scanning through the newsfeeds of other agencies and copy cat their content. How else can you explain that these articles are semantically almost identical: https://techcrunch.com/2016/12/27/how-blockchain-can-create-the-worlds-biggest-supercomputer/
Same SETI@HOME talk, same iEX.ce (do they even exist?) and the same Golem decoder talk!  Roll Eyes

I miss true journalism! Nobody is doing his homework correctly anymore!
Today, the above-average guy must inform himself in forums, WIKIs and other side channels!

EDIT: I still cannot believe how hyped Golem is! I mean, I am still willing to make a public bet that it won't work reliably  Grin

Golem is clearly getting out Press Releases, which is something we should be doing.

A journalist isn't going to go looking for stories if they're being delivered to his (or her) in-box.

I'll gladly put together a press release and fire emails off to all the crypto-journalists I can find and any other interested parties.  I will need some time from a developer though, to go through all the features that need to be highlighted, who the target users are, release dates, where we are now, etc.

I've never run a publicity campaign before, but what the hell, I'll give it a go.  Unless someone else wants to step up.........
aleksand
Legendary

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 02:25:07 PM

guys, lannister is ek. now stop the trash talk and move on.

Whenever people start talking about BTC here, the climate in this thread drops to point zero. Can we please stop these accusations and the whole BTC talk once for all? Every time this topic comes up, I really think about leaving the thread and continuing to work silently.
Just add to ignore list all newbies. That's all you need to do.
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 07:43:04 AM

How far from launch of main net are we?

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 07:48:15 AM

Please don't destroy the nice mood here with any pathetic emotion.

this is the most promising project in 2017.

I will not complain, succeed or fail! 

Please read back all pages before you ask some silly questions, which were answered hundreds of times.

Please keep in mind what "donation" stands for!

You should be patient if you can not help with coding or funds.
Ghoom

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 07:59:26 AM

Good things come to those who wait.
Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Ben2016

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:16:33 AM

How far from launch of main net are we?
no one answering this question. Instead lots of BS on definition of donation, who Lannister and more...

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:41:53 AM

Maybe because nobody really knows when everybody will be done ;-)
Well, my and coralreefer's parts are almost done and are just a matter of days maybe weeks!

After rewriting the parser for the 4th time now, I think I got it pretty slick now. It does not overcomplicate the AST tree like ANTLR4 does, and it does not do some weird LOOKAHEAD logic like JavaCC did. This one is just a simple parser that scans the code from the left to the right. Then, and this is a novelty here, ANTLR4 and JavaCC walk the AST tree recursively: That means they do something like this:

Code:
int walk_ast(node n){
if(n.left!=0)
  walk_ast(n.left);
if(n.right!=0)
  walk_ast(n.right);
consume(n);
}

We all know this is shit, because the stack (recursive function calls blow up the stack pretty quickly) tends to be filled and may lead to weird program crashes and StackOverflowErrors. Recursion is bad, period!

I have created an iterative tree walker (was pretty tough for the IF and REPEAT statements) so that we do not have any recursive tree calls. More precisely, I walk the tree iteratively using a standard postorder traversal algorithm with some extra additions to handle conditional branches properly.

I am almost done with it, what I am missing is the big integer arithmetic. Coralreefer is ahead of me on this one, but we work closely together so that my interpreter and his compiler match (note, my interpreter is embedded into the core client while his compiler transforms ElasticPL source code into either C or OpenCL for GPU mining). Like I said we are almost done with this.

Not sure about any other parts, from what I know some people wanted to make a website, write some articles, and other stuff like that. I cannot comment on this of course, but I think that this is also related to the "maturity for mainnet", isn't it?

So I would say, since this is a community project, it's hardly possible that one single individual can estimate when everyone else will be finished and when the entire community agrees on "going to the next level". It might be also possible that everything is finished but the community decides to do some "PR" or whatever before? So I would say when all people feel "that's it! It's perfect this way", it will naturally "evolve to mainnet"? But I personally feel, that this will happen sooner (not later)  Wink

But again, I have nothing to decide here, this is just my point of view. This whole thing is open source and free for everyone. So it might also happen that some genius randomly pops up, and finishes all open points in the next 3 hours (rendering our interpreter/compiler work useless), and then launches it.
clivemy

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 05:20:35 PM

Well, my and coralreefer's parts are almost done and are just a matter of days maybe weeks!

Not sure about any other parts, from what I know some people wanted to make a website, write some articles, and other stuff like that. I cannot comment on this of course, but I think that this is also related to the "maturity for mainnet", isn't it?

So I would say, since this is a community project, it's hardly possible that one single individual can estimate when everyone else will be finished and when the entire community agrees on "going to the next level". It might be also possible that everything is finished but the community decides to do some "PR" or whatever before? So I would say when all people feel "that's it! It's perfect this way", it will naturally "evolve to mainnet"? But I personally feel, that this will happen sooner (not later)  Wink

But again, I have nothing to decide here, this is just my point of view. This whole thing is open source and free for everyone. So it might also happen that some genius randomly pops up, and finishes all open points in the next 3 hours (rendering our interpreter/compiler work useless), and then launches it.

EK's right in that we need to make sure we have all moving parts sorted before we launch and what does a launch-able Elastic-Project look like?  We need a roadmap in terms of where we are and where it's anticipated that the project is going. We don't need to worry about the timescales at this point, but we could do with knowing if we have a commercial product and if not, how far is it away from being commercially viable?

Do we need a new website or is the existing one just in need of some sprucing up?  Definiately needs more articles being added / completed.  If a dev is willing to work with me, I'll be happy to write the articles.

Press Releases can be cobbled together from the information that we put up on the website and again, I'm willing to work on sending Press Releases out.  They can go to journalists and possibly to potential customer watering holes, like say New Scientist and other journals that research scientists or institutions that may want to use something like Elastic hang out.

Maybe we ought to have a release-ready list, so that we can check and make sure that all elements are covered before we launch?

xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:22:25 PM

As long as your abstract syntax tree is in order everything will be fine.

xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:24:46 PM

This is true, but I wonder where we are?  What is left to do?

MiningSev0

Activity: 206
Merit: 106

Old Account was Sev0 (it was hacked)

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:54:20 PM

EK's right in that we need to make sure we have all moving parts sorted before we launch and what does a launch-able Elastic-Project look like?  We need a roadmap in terms of where we are and where it's anticipated that the project is going. We don't need to worry about the timescales at this point, but we could do with knowing if we have a commercial product and if not, how far is it away from being commercially viable?

Do we need a new website or is the existing one just in need of some sprucing up?  Definiately needs more articles being added / completed.  If a dev is willing to work with me, I'll be happy to write the articles.

Press Releases can be cobbled together from the information that we put up on the website and again, I'm willing to work on sending Press Releases out.  They can go to journalists and possibly to potential customer watering holes, like say New Scientist and other journals that research scientists or institutions that may want to use something like Elastic hang out.

Maybe we ought to have a release-ready list, so that we can check and make sure that all elements are covered before we launch?

I'm caught in my new job (a world outside crypto still exist), but i'm following this thread since the early days. If you want a Website - if you want a nice Roadmap picture or anything Else Grab the github entries and make a Roadmap out of it - put it in a beautiful Website and make some press releases. This is a community project and everybody who has the posebilltiy to do something for it could do it!
Just do it - The community would thank you - and nobody knows but i think if you would make some good Work you would be rewarded if you want so.
I'm tired of reading those, postings of someone who's looking for a Centralized project...

New signature to come =D
coralreefer

Activity: 464
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 11:43:43 PM

clivemy, if you have some ideas of the type of things you want to write about that would help in determining if anyone can help point you in the right direction (i.e. if you have questions about mining/solving work packages or the ElasticPL language, I can help answer....just PM me).

But I think there is a mis-conception about a roadmap.   This project is open-source and will move in whatever direction contributors take it....what EK and I deliver is fully functional...it can solve a variety of complex scientific problems using XEL to provide incentive to users to run nodes to solve these these problems.  But that doesn't mean some talented people can't step in to greatly enhance the capability of this system, or take the project in a completely new direction.  It just depends on what people contribute to it...
HomoHenning

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 11:53:32 PM

marketing, website etc.
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 12:11:21 AM

marketing, website etc.

You're not wrong. Was thinking about getting involved in that area, but I'm completely swamped with other (mostly non-crypto) projects. But if someone takes charge and needs a vector graphics mokey or whatever, I might find a few hours time…
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 12:22:19 AM

patience is a virtue as they say...
please be patient, you will all be snorting c*** and sipping champagne with moon hookers soon enough!

I want to hear more about the potential possibilities for Elastic. Could we use it analyse data results and look for patterns?
Skatebird
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 12:39:58 AM

Whats up with this project now ?!

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
beyinsi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 12:58:02 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2017, 01:19:14 AM by beyinsi

Hello Guys,

I am starting to build elastic website. Everyone can help elastic website! We can build elastic website on this template, we need contents,graphics
and ideas... Lets work on it together..

This is github repo: https://github.com/Bilader/xelsite

Preview: https://bilader.github.io/xelsite/
lordzc

Activity: 588
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 10:42:14 AM

It is nice job bilader. Grin
clivemy

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 01:29:14 PM

Hello Guys,

I am starting to build elastic website. Everyone can help elastic website! We can build elastic website on this template, we need contents,graphics
and ideas... Lets work on it together..

This is github repo: https://github.com/Bilader/xelsite

Preview: https://bilader.github.io/xelsite/

Really nice Beyinsi.  Count me in on doing some content.

For the information that needs to be put on the website, can anyone answer these questions?

So from the perspective of a research scientist:
  • How do I know if Elastic is appropriate to my work?
  • Where can I get details around what the functionality of Elastic is?
  • How do I purchase capacity?
  • Where do I download the software?
  • How can you guarantee that I will have the necessary capacity for the several years that my project will run?
  • I am subject to external audits, how can I assure regulators that my data is secure?

From the perspective of a miner:
  • Where can I download the software to mine Elastic?
  • How will I get paid?
  • How will I know if it is cost effective for me to mine Elastic?

We now need to start looking at Elastic from an end user perspective and I'm sure the questions above only scratch the surface of what the end users (research scientists and miners) will want to know and what needs to be put up on the website.
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: