Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:06:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450418 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Ben2016

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 08:13:16 AM

All our devs starting with SR Satoshi EK should and would have at least 1 million XEL in the next month. That's the least, if only 3% of total coins donated.

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yosir

Activity: 260

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 08:49:45 AM
Last edit: May 23, 2017, 09:06:49 AM by yosir

I have a suggestion because this project actually, for my opinion premature but can't do nothing about it, entered "financial" stage...

When Lite wallet will come out and XEL will actually has some real life value, 10% of each donor account XEL will be taken to:

5% will be shared by 3 main developers (let's call them "CORE" or whatever) as there are who actually gave this project some kind of life and this will be small token of "community" appreciation .

CORE with community will find and vote on PR and strategy guys ( maybe more positions) because it will be needed for sure in the future ( CORE will have 30% of voting power on this subject, XEL holders 70% )

This 5 guys (or 7 or 9), unless someone will choose not to of course, will have 40% on any future vote based on majority of inner core votes (60% still will be community's) . They are also will be in charge of additional 5% (out of 10% donated) that will be reserved for immediate/future expanses as hiring more developers, PR project etc.

I saw many people, that the only thing preventing them from donating to project is lack of wallet so I think all will be glad donating to project and help it's "heroes" (Sorry, although I have great respect to every person that working on this project, I think that person need to do something else to be a "hero", no offending Smiley )

So we can make a "democratic" vote about this.

I believe this will actually help project much more than many nice words.  
I am very interested to hear fail points of this suggestion or different numbers.

[edit] @coralreefer, @unvoid , @Evil-Knievel : I know that this suggestion puts you in kind of conflict of interests, but I will be glad if you will refer at least to part of it that you find appropriate.

Redawn

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 08:54:55 AM

* As EK is the developer, only HE can say, when we have Litewallet according to HIS schedule and his free time. It can be soon, very soon or never. Only he can say that.

I do not know @yosir of anything, but totally agree with his message.

We just have a vote in progress, EK is not obliged to NOTHING.

I hope that EK and other dev as coralrefeer continue with us, but it will be their decision, not ours.

I also do not understand that it speaks of FUD, because we do not have mainnet, we do not have wallet, if we have an immense work done free by some dev, but there is nothing in the market.

FUD?

When we have a wallet, we can talk about FUD

Again: EK and Unvoid are a heros, and we must support him. It can be in bitcoin, but it can be also in XEL (when litewallet is online). EK and Unvoid are both the engine of this project. Maybe there are a lot more, I hope that they can show more to the public.

Don't forget coralreefer who is currently working on one of the most important parts ... the miner / supernode verifier.

You are totally right! EK, Unvoid and Coralreefer! the engine of this project. I think this project is becoming something great. We (as a community) respect you guys!
Bgjjj2016

Ben2016

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:05:42 AM

* As EK is the developer, only HE can say, when we have Litewallet according to HIS schedule and his free time. It can be soon, very soon or never. Only he can say that.

I hope that EK and other dev as coralrefeer continue with us, but it will be their decision, not ours.

I also do not understand that it speaks of FUD, because we do not have mainnet, we do not have wallet, if we have an immense work done free by some dev, but there is nothing in the market.

FUD?

Again: EK and Unvoid are a heros, and we must support him. It can be in bitcoin, but it can be also in XEL (when litewallet is online). EK and Unvoid are both the engine of this project. Maybe there are a lot more, I hope that they can show more to the public.

Don't forget coralreefer who is currently working on one of the most important parts ... the miner / supernode verifier.

You are totally right! EK, Unvoid and Coralreefer! the engine of this project. I think this project is becoming something great. We (as a community) respect you guys!
Even some members like ImI who's freely donated several BTC ( logo, development,....) must be recognized and appreciated.
Members like ImI didn't just use " nice" words, he took real action and these are people that truly supported our devs so far.

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
yosir

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:15:44 AM

FUD?

Even some members like ImI who's freely donated several BTC ( logo, development,....) must be recognized and appreciated.
Members like ImI didn't just use " nice" words, he took real action and these are people that truly supported our devs so far.
Donations are donations, I donated also and don't expect to have something in return. Recognition and appreciation can have many forms.
[edit] Took my words back, I guess you made honest mistake and answered here by mistake.
"I just love the way how you chose not to answer to my message although your answer clearly refer to it. All this ego stuff is simply "not smart"."
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:29:34 AM

I have a suggestion because this project actually, for my opinion premature but can't do nothing about it, entered "financial" stage...

When Lite wallet will come out and XEL will actually has some real life value, 10% of each donor account XEL will be taken to:

5% will be shared by 3 main developers (let's call them "CORE" or whatever) as there are who actually gave this project some kind of life and this will be small token of "community" appreciation .

CORE with community will find and vote on PR and strategy guys ( maybe more positions) because it will be needed for sure in the future ( CORE will have 30% of voting power on this subject, XEL holders 70% )

This 5 guys (or 7 or 9), unless someone will choose not to of course, will have 40% on any future vote based on majority of inner core votes (60% still will be community's) . They are also will be in charge of additional 5% (out of 10% donated) that will be reserved for immediate/future expanses as hiring more developers, PR project etc.

I saw many people, that the only thing preventing them from donating to project is lack of wallet so I think all will be glad donating to project and help it's "heroes" (Sorry, although I have great respect to every person that working on this project, I think that person need to do something else to be a "hero", no offending Smiley )

I am very interested to hear fail points of this suggestion or different numbers.

[edit] @coralreefer, @unvoid , @Evil-Knievel : I know that this suggestion puts you in kind of conflict of interests, but I will be glad if you will refer at least to part of it that you find appropriate.

this has been discussed and dismissed several times. Go read back in this thread a few pages, you'll find the same suggestion over and over.

A TL;DR of why it has been dismissed every time:

Everyone is free to donate a part of their share to a donation fund, be it 5%, 10% or whatever. Forcing users to "donate" a fixed percentage by a "democratic" vote would be unethical and legally highly questionable, since you'd take something from users which is rightfully theirs.

Just because a majority (which in case of elasticracy is more of an oligarchy anyway, not a democracy) said so, doesn't make it ok. This is why this is one of those instances, in which voting is not an option.

Apart from all that, there is no central foundation in place and thus, no place to hold the donated XEL. Where would you put it? Who should be responsible for holding the private keys and their distribution?
Don't even dare to mention EK, he has enough on his shoulders already.

Speaking of foundation:

You realize, that everyone is free to found a foundation for Elastic, right? Everyone could go ahead and say "I'll do a crowdfunding to fund an Elastic foundation". With all this talk of Elastic needing a foundation, someone just might go ahead and do it. (Don't look at me. I have zero experience in that regard.)
mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:05:41 AM

I think we can and should have a foundation with multisig wallet/s for compensation and funding of future and current development, pr and such.
I do not think that a certain % of coins should be taken from each holder by force. Rather i believe it should be a voluntary donation given by holders who wish to do so from their honest wishes and personal accord. Taxes are better left for governments and other oppressors.
If there is a possibility to give people the option to voluntarily pledge now to donate a certain amount of xel (amount chosen by them) prior to wallet launch it could be perhaps the best option, in addition to the ability to donate after launch.

Lately I  see too many personal conflicts between members become public. Please leave these pointless endless chitchat to the private domain and help keep this thread clean for the more important fruitful discussions.
yosir

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:14:28 AM

this has been discussed and dismissed several times. Go read back in this thread a few pages, you'll find the same suggestion over and over.

A TL;DR of why it has been dismissed every time:

Everyone is free to donate a part of their share to a donation fund, be it 5%, 10% or whatever. Forcing users to "donate" a fixed percentage by a "democratic" vote would be unethical and legally highly questionable, since you'd take something from users which is rightfully theirs.

Just because a majority (which in case of elasticracy is more of an oligarchy anyway, not a democracy) said so, doesn't make it ok. This is why this is one of those instances, in which voting is not an option.

Apart from all that, there is no central foundation in place and thus, no place to hold the donated XEL. Where would you put it? Who should be responsible for holding the private keys and their distribution?
Don't even dare to mention EK, he has enough on his shoulders already.

Speaking of foundation:

You realize, that everyone is free to found a foundation for Elastic, right? Everyone could go ahead and say "I'll do a crowdfunding to fund an Elastic foundation". With all this talk of Elastic needing a foundation, someone just might go ahead and do it. (Don't look at me. I have zero experience in that regard.)

Thank you for your answer Smiley

I would not raise this unless there was voting about Lite client and this is why:

Once you start to make "community" decisions about such subjects that has big impact on project as Lite wallet voting , ethically you lost your " moral high ground" as you already forced part of donors to do something they don't agree to but it will have serious impact on them also therefore any vote now is relevant from this point of view.
Legally, there is no problem whatsoever, because Lenisstar make it very clear that all funds are donations and that donors, for better or worst, don't have any legal rights. Tomorrow someone can take all XEL, and legally, there is no problem with it at all.

This is my personal problem, but from my experience with voluntary donations... it's "not working so good", If it was working there was already army of developers helping our overloaded developers.

"Just because a majority (which in case of elasticracy is more of an oligarchy anyway, not a democracy) said so, doesn't make it ok" - can't agree with you more, it's even not oligarchy, but "active" oligarchy... But still, same point, once voting about crucial issues started which have immidiate impact on others, you can't say this is OK and this is not just because it sounds different.

"Don't even dare to mention EK, he has enough on his shoulders already." Also more than agree with idea, less with tone but I think EK and others are big boys and can choose whatever they want. I, you or somebody else can't force them of course but the choice has to be presented.

"You realize, that everyone is free to found a foundation for Elastic, right" - and again more than agree with you! but in order to prevent future problems like it already was were someone "and his friend" founded an Elastic foundation and demanded all code/keys etc. Smiley it will be better that there will be some regulation body, before (and there are already enough)  Elastic will "explode" and many people with agenda will try to hijack this project in it's "baby" phase.

You see, basically we agree almost on everything

P.S.  don't look at me also Cheesy
yosir

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:25:15 AM

I think we can and should have a foundation with multisig wallet/s for compensation and funding of future and current development, pr and such.
I do not think that a certain % of coins should be taken from each holder by force. Rather i believe it should be a voluntary donation given by holders who wish to do so from their honest wishes and personal accord. Taxes are better left for governments and other oppressors.
If there is a possibility to give people the option to voluntarily pledge now to donate a certain amount of xel (amount chosen by them) prior to wallet launch it could be perhaps the best option, in addition to the ability to donate after launch.

Lately I  see too many personal conflicts between members become public. Please leave these pointless endless chitchat to the private domain and help keep this thread clean for the more important fruitful discussions.

As donations were one of the main points for Lite wallet I think this is almost everyone's wish unless of course... Smiley

I am bit cynical as you understand, and from my experience in different projects the donation method not working so good, of course this can be one a kind project with many great people... maybe... I don't want to count on this. "Taxes" is from something you have, here you donated and from the start gave up on all so every XEL you will have is nice surprise . And after all. it's not like there is someone here, that don't want this project to strive and to easy the burden on our developers, no? There are no people who only want to make money and other people to pay for them Smiley So this is pretty ethical that everybody will donate relative sum to what they will hold and it can be unfair only to people that "invested" more than money, but I guess they donated their effort for the greater good.

[edit] wording
Karen98

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:44:15 AM

Can I please get instructions on the voting process.

I know I need to sign a BTC message. But what is the content of the message? How do I mark it as a yes/no vote, and which is the target address?
yosir

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:46:23 AM

Can I please get instructions on the voting process.

I know I need to sign a BTC message. But what is the content of the message? How do I mark it as a yes/no vote, and which is the target address?

Karen98

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:56:39 AM

I see now the Yes / No text on http://elasticracy.elasticexplorer.org/ is actualy clickable! That was not obvious.
PGPpfKkx

Activity: 586
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 03:06:55 PM

we can put on a vote for "mandatory" donation of some % of XEL on mainnet launch to go to the devs/foundation.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 03:14:14 PM

we can put on a vote for "mandatory" donation of some % of XEL on mainnet launch to go to the devs/foundation.

seriously, how often does that topic be discussed here? you cannot vote to take away what belongs to someone else. that would equal theft/breach of contract.

so far this project is not lacking any funds! it's lacking qualified devs that are able to bring additional value to the project. we will have to look at other projects and eventually will find someone qualified that is interesting into joining Elastic. Since Coralreefer is in need of someone qualified in networking-stuff it would be optimal to find someone strong in that field.
Improved

Activity: 163
Merit: 18

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 03:58:31 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2017, 08:59:27 PM by Improved

you cannot vote to take away what belongs to someone else. that would equal theft/breach of contract.

I posted this earlier.

We don't know how much XEL so-called "Lannister" owns. It could be more than 50% easily, even 80-90%.
Just import address 3Q2aKEGFTKDw3hghsBifXp39CZVMtZukxn and behold many cash-outs he did before crowdfunding ended. Sapienti sat.

We can't vote any kind of forced confiscation!
Big guys with millions of XEL can send bitcoin or XEL to developers in order to make his investition work and grow.
Let's suppose we transfer 10% of XEL into Foundation. In certain time this money will be spent. What next? Another round of forced donation/confiscation?
This shit will make the whole project a SCAM.
Our devs have to implement DASH-like budgeting system, for further support of Foundation and development.

---- Evil Russian Hacker ----
yosir

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 04:33:51 PM

seriously, how often does that topic be discussed here? you cannot vote to take away what belongs to someone else. that would equal theft/breach of contract.

so far this project is not lacking any funds! it's lacking qualified devs that are able to bring additional value to the project. we will have to look at other projects and eventually will find someone qualified that is interesting into joining Elastic. Since Coralreefer is in need of someone qualified in networking-stuff it would be optimal to find someone strong in that field.

Let me try to answer this please.

You were totally right till Lite wallet voting, which changed everything.

First of all, till now, nobody has nothing, If tomorrow our great volunteer developers will decide to quit because they got tired, have no help etc.. you will have same nothing.

As I explained before, from legal point and also from how this was presented originally by Lennistar, there is no contract between sides, but simple, no binding donations which give no rights no the donors. This is what it is. So till you will have some amount in your wallet - you actually own nothing, there is no "breach".

Now to the more relevant part. As I see it, once some members of "community" decided by voting of majority on VERY BIG step, decide onmajor project issue and forced their decision on other members , the voting that previous was unacceptable became yet another voting, as the one before, in which owners of many XEL take decision and force it on the owners of few XEL. As you see, actually both decisions of making Lite wallet and take 10% of nothing are morally equal.

And in one point we disagree. I think that there is great work pressure on VOLUNTEER devs, and they voiced it on many occasions, while community was busy in choosing logo and Lite wallet voting. I assume here that if there are funds, they should be spent at this point on additional devs because for a long period already they ask for help if there is no funds problem I don't understand why we don't hire somebody months ago.

Last but not lease, as I have not understood the pressure to vote on Lite wallet so I don't understand the pressure NOT to vote on this donation issue. In worth case scenario, it will be YES/NO. This is kind funny, this selective voting attitude that I can assume what are the reasons but still interesting to hear other people.
Bgjjj2016

Ben2016

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 04:42:08 PM

Litewallet WINS..... Congratulations to all specially to our devs !

unvoid

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 04:58:21 PM

https://talk.elasticexplorer.org/t/preparation-to-litewallet-mainnet/227

Litewallet voting ended.

For: 97.46% of voters
Against: 2.54% voters

To all those who voted against, you have to admit that if 97.46% of all interested in voting are in favour of litewallet you should accept that.

I'm also surprised that voting for litewallet attracted another 18M of XEL holders (as far as I remember after last logo voting there was 32M of active coins. Now it's 47M). But of course 35.5M coins voted in litewallet case.

Here is my plan for what comes next.

Since @EK is quite sick of all this "money/coin value" things and he don't want to launch litewallet directly I'll take care of all things needed to launch. At first I'll only setup 10 nodes (in Europe and N/S America). Most of them will be just relay nodes but some will be forging. I hope that other community nodes will take care of forging with short amount of time. I'll monitor them and try to catch every suspicious thing that could lead to some bug. One of the nodes will be public available (SSL) as wallet to all of people that don't want to or don't know how to install wallet locally.

Things I need from @EK now:
Sign that litewallet is "mannetable" and I can prepare first, small infrastructure for launch (and eventually launch).
Closer relations ( not in emotional way Wink ). I would be glad to have some fast way of communicating with you @EK in case something will pop up especially first days/weeks of litewallet living (do you use some kind of communicator on daily basis? I promise that I'll attack only if I'll need to). I know that you are not pro slack and you admire your style of working in quite but we (I) need you more closer than one message per day on BCT. We tested coin side of XEL for months but we never know.
Workflow: GIT Dev branches (so people will not download version incompatible with current network), new release changelog (don't be so quiet @EK, especially after new release. People want to thank you for new release, just let them with new thread on the forum describing in short any features and bug fixes). Last but not least clear info about hard forks - on which height will happen (how much time we have to upgrade) so we can safely contact with exchanges.

That's it. Short and simple.

For all people that want to trade soon after mainnet/litewallet launch: Please wait one week (after launch) just to be sure that we have strong, reliable coin.

@community Any adjustment/corrections/suggestions are welcome.
@EK waiting for your plan.

BTC: 1CMgHWx4wkAaAy2FfeCyPdedUExmhGhfi5
XEL: XEL-HCM8-KB6E-YFLK-8BWMF
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:03:20 PM

Lol how can people not get it into their heads that avoiding this kind of thing is exactly why people are in crypto.  Any crypto that implements a forced donation will immediately get declared a scam and deservedly so.  People will donate of their own free will now stop spouting the same nonsense over and over again.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:06:06 PM

Let me try to answer this please.......

You make no sense at all - forced donations are not the same as voting for a light wallet - not sure how that is not clear to you.  We get it - you didn't want the lite wallet - great.  Get over it and move on.
Pages: « 1 ... 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: