Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:14:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 [338] 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450429 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
LamboMoonYacht

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 02:56:22 PM

would you plz calm down? 

we are willingly "scamed" by this great project.

plz.  most contributors are feeling very comfortable with current situation and future.

don't bother taking care of us.

Some of you already drank the Kool-Aid. It's too late for you, but there are other people out there considering investing in XEL. Those are the people who need to know the full story so they don't get scammed.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HomoHenning

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 09:52:27 PM

would you plz calm down?  

plz.  most contributors are feeling very comfortable with current situation and future.

Some of you already drank the Kool-Aid. It's too late for you, but there are other people out there considering investing in XEL. Those are the people who need to know the full story so they don't get scammed.
there is no scam, because there is a real working product now. this is only what matters now to potential investors.
Also the topic donations / lannister is well explained on the elastic website. nobody is hiding or deleting any information
Dexter12

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 10:47:47 PM

would you plz calm down?  

plz.  most contributors are feeling very comfortable with current situation and future.

there is no scam, because there is a real working product now. this is only what matters now to potential investors.
Also the topic donations / lannister is well explained on the elastic website. nobody is hiding or deleting any information
He/She/it will not understand that. Not a single DONATOR got scammed.
Stop spreading lies.
pumpmydump

Activity: 151

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:02:20 AM

would you plz calm down?  

He/She/it will not understand that. Not a single DONATOR got scammed.
Stop spreading lies.

It started as an ICO/IPO not a donation campaign, conveniently the conditions were changed in the middle

Lannister/ElasticCoin/Lionel Keys was supposed to give out information about his identity but conveniently he never did

Out of nowhere Evil-Knievel practically took over the project while Lannister was supposedly still in charge, at best they were close acquaintances, at worst they were the one and same individual

Evil-Knievel deleted all his posts from a thread from before the ICO in which people were asking whether he was the same guy as Lannister

Lannister runs away with the ICO funds (which in the meantime had become "donations"), Evil-Knievel becomes officially in charge

Earlier this year in his signature he was asking for bitcoin donations because supposedly his old car was about to die on him (something along those lines, he was pretending to be practically poor), turns out last year he said he started accumulating bitcoins in 2012 and has a bunch of them, and that he is heavily invested into XEL

The guy keeps asking for and taking donations for all the work he has supposedly been doing "for free"

If you mention any of that in the other thread or ask any question related to this you get called a troll trying to spread FUD by all the fanboys who are supposedly only here for their love of the project, but who are in fact solely motivated by their year-old investment going to the moon, then your posts get deleted. The whole thing looks like a sect

If you read the old threads from before the ICO many people were already showing concerns about the whole thing looking shady. Is it a coincidence the ICO funds then disappeared into the wild?

The lead dev Evil-Knievel sounds capable I will give him that, but there are a lot of shady things surrounding him. There are too many coincidences. If you read old posts from him from last year you can get a glimpse of his character (wise remarks such as "Fuck you loser" to anyone putting him into question)

I don't know whether they will deliver what they promised, judging from all this there are reasons to doubt it. My bet is Evil-Knievel is the guy who ran away with the ICO funds. By calling ICO funds "donations" he can keep pretending to himself that he didn't steal from anyone and not feel guilty about it. Read the old threads and make up your own mind before investing.

I have no incentive in saying all this other than presenting a story others want to hide. I asked simple questions in the other thread and was attacked and bullied by the XEL sect then my posts were deleted, well they won't delete my posts here.
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:04:13 AM

press "ignore" then you will never see this moron.  Wink
techwriterjoe

Activity: 95

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:15:17 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2017, 10:34:20 PM by mprep

I have been following this project from the very beginning; about 1 and a half years ago. The recent comments on here are way off. I read everything past to present, and they are clearly cherry picking small pieces of convo and using them out of context. Everything is out there on internet archive sites. Read all of it. Nobody is hiding facts about Lannister. There are posts on our main site. 

Talk is cheap.

The fact is Elastic has a working prototype. That is more to offer than any other ICO. All "donators", or whatever, are free to claim their XEL. Everything worked out. Commenters are bringing up points from over a year ago before a working prototype exists. Back then, I could understand, but now? It makes no sense. This coin is coming to market with a working prototype.

It's a decentralized super-computer. Prior to this project, scientists and engineers would have to tie together VPS instances and use something like hadoop. This technology makes that market obsolete.  Hadoop and Data Science are thriving right now, and this project completely disrupts those fields. It's amazing.

This thread is closed for news. See:

For buying/selling;
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1804795.new;topicseen#new
Or
https://talk.elasticexplorer.org/t/wtb-wts-elastic/346/41

For the latest talks;
https://talk.elasticexplorer.org/

For the latest talks on bitcointalk:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1957064.new#new

This project is a decentralized super computer. It disrupts the current, hot field of Data Science. You know, where people with a 6-week boot camp under their belts are getting paid 6 figures.

Previously, scientists, engineers, and researchers would have to tie together Linux VPS instances and then run hadoop over their closed network. This project completely disrupts the expensive web services industry. Looking at you Amazon, Digital Ocean, Google Cloud, etc.

What's great is, unlike say data storage, our field is full of users who are already technically inclined. So, getting acclimated to Elastic will be a easier than even AWS.

This project is going to crush it.

I have said all year. I think the Wallet was the right move and obviously we are getting attention. The good will out weight the bad in this area.

I also think timelines and any sort of demands onto open-source devs is wildly stupid. Completely illogical.

I thank you guys so much for keeping this project alive. We're there. The trolls aren't going to stop. Tune them out. I can totally get why you are anon now. So many haters. It was a smart move.

Pop some champagne. Take a vaca. Congrats. This project hasn't even begun to get exciting. In two years, it will be amazing. Big companies will adopt us. Market data is bigger every day. We will be powering the AI and Neural networks that run recommendation systems. That's where the market is guys. Fucking awesome.

Those are just some of my thoughts on where this tech will land. But it really is limitless.

I have already worked at Global Fortune 100 companies, whose work stations are merely monitors that plug into a central server. There is not an actual desktop.

That central server could very well be the Elastic.

There are any number of awesome win scenarios. We own decentralized computing. That is outrageous.
LamboMoonYacht

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:23:20 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2017, 03:40:01 PM by LamboMoonYacht

This thread is still open for uncensored discussion of the XEL scam and the shady behavior of other XEL contributors. They would prefer you move to their self-moderated thread so they can delete your questions and criticism.

Lannister, originally the project lead, collected "ICO" funds for XEL and then disappeared with the money. They refused to do an ICO with escrow, and he insisted on calling the ICO funds "donations" so he couldn't be held accountable:

This is an official statement from the XEL blog: http://archive.is/zoyYa

Status of Lannister and the ICO funds

April 15, 2017 by Unvoid

Lannister is gone. ICO funds are gone. We don’t know why. We don’t know if we ever see him again. It’s not like “he took all the funds and run away” because before disappearing he rewarded some of community members with some BTC for their work. He mentioned that he have some health problems also. That’s all we know now.

Now they have ANOTHER anonymous dev (surprise!) who could just as easily do the same thing. For all we know it may be the same guy.

Their original launch was also extremely suspicious and the creator of that thread has disappeared mysteriously (noticing a pattern here?):

Agreed this is one of the clearest examples of a scam I've seen in recent times. Well done for trying to warn people about it. It started with a newbie account whose real-life name was supposedly "Lionel Keys" posting as ElasticCoin. Immediately a few of us pressed for some kind of info to verify his identity (given it was an ICO without escrow), which he said would be coming soon. In the mean time I began finding Evil-Knievel's behaviour in the thread extremely suspicious. He wasn't (publicly) in charge of the probject at this point but from the start was shilling hard (talking about how much he'd invested) and answering the bulk of the questions that were intended for the dev. It was obvious to me he was involved with the project whilst pretending not to be.

Every post from the ElasticCoin account was subsequently deleted from that thread (presumably when they realized they'd messed up and that there was no way to hide how shady the whole thing was), Lionel Keys disappeared (abandoning a project he'd supposedly spent months working on and preparing) and Evil-Knievel suddenly emerged as project lead.

I haven't enough time to dig through it, but here's the original thread. Evil-Knievel has also deleted every single post he made in that thread, though enough of his and ElasticCoin's original posts have been preserved in quotes in replies to show you what's going on here.

Deleted original ANN:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1362006.0

klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 05:26:32 PM

Ok as I was there on day 1 and one of the first people to donate, I definitely have a say in this. There were three announcement threads and I was active on all of them. What you are saying in utter FUD and untrue. Just trying to get cheap coins. What a weasel.

Lannister never stole anything. He had two main accounts back then and made no secret of it. Later on he stopped using the "Lannister" account and focused on his main one. He is still active and sometimes participating in the Elastic community. That is all I will say on the matter.
Redawn

Activity: 122

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:39:11 PM

Haha, stupid people. Always screaming for a scam. . Get a life. You only want cheap  coins, that is the only reason you are here active and you are spending a lot of your time to write bullshit.

There are still people that are believing that Bitcoin is a scam, NXT is a scam, ethereum is a scam, there also aliens controling  your mind and also the pope is rulling the internet. Watch out the NSA and FBI are right now in a tree taking picture  of you.
Alondre

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Quiero mi bocadillo

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:51:53 PM

Haha, stupid people. Always screaming for a scam. . Get a life. You only want cheap  coins, that is the only reason you are here active and you are spending a lot of your time to write bullshit.

There are still people that are believing that Bitcoin is a scam, NXT is a scam, ethereum is a scam, there also aliens controling  your mind and also the pope is rulling the internet. Watch out the NSA and FBI are right now in a tree taking picture  of you.

+1 He only want to buy cheap coins... XEL is the most promising project of the year and people want to buy cheap... thats the reason of trolling here

If XEL has trolls It's a good signal that devs Are doing a good job  Grin

```
Join the XEL revolution!  XEL - Decentralized Grid-computing
XEL WEBSITE | ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | XEL DISCORD | XEL WIKI
```
LamboMoonYacht

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:20:50 PM

Ok as I was there on day 1 and one of the first people to donate, I definitely have a say in this. There were three announcement threads and I was active on all of them. What you are saying in utter FUD and untrue. Just trying to get cheap coins. What a weasel.

Lannister never stole anything. He had two main accounts back then and made no secret of it. Later on he stopped using the "Lannister" account and focused on his main one. He is still active and sometimes participating in the Elastic community. That is all I will say on the matter.

This whole project gets more entertaining every day.

The ghost of Lannister is still here, EK has now quit the forums, and anyone who isn't a mindless XEL fanboy must be trying to get cheap coins. Hilarious.

You guys really are brainwashed. Maybe you should all get T-Shirts that say "XELots" on them.
techwriterjoe

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:36:45 PM

I would like a t-shirt with XELots on it.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:41:23 PM

I would like a t-shirt with XELots on it.

+100

Even better "Brainwashed XELot"

Grin
bitekoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 09:48:54 PM

Whales with XEL looking for uninformed to dump their scammy coins on.
techwriterjoe

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:08:38 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2017, 10:34:49 PM by mprep

You think we are whales. Excellent, I think you are right.

You heard it here first folks:

NO SELL XEL!

NO SELL XEL!

NO SELL XEL!

This is gonna get bananas.

A small number of people own very valuable currency.

When on heat, place your "Ask"/"Asks" high.

Who's doing a T-Shirt run!?!?!?

steampunkz

Activity: 1162
Merit: 268

50% bonus on your First Topup

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:30:34 AM

What wrong with this thread? I just got here because of someone accusing  that this ICO is gonna be a scam? Is it True?

techwriterjoe

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:32:13 AM

TOTALLY TRUE!
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:32:37 AM

Anyone else reminded of this?

techwriterjoe

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:33:54 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2017, 10:32:10 PM by mprep

But seriously for a moment everyone  Shocked

I say this for the front:

and this for the back:

I like it.
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:35:59 AM

So we agree we make darkblue bathrobes instead of t-shirts then?
Pages: « 1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 [338] 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: