Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:25:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Avalon ASIC] Batch #2 pre-Sale Thread  (Read 107626 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 05:31:41 PM

My bet would be on a fast sell-out of batch 2, regardless.

I will pay $10,000 for the list of names, their addresses, and phone numbers of each and every person who orders Batch #2 from Avalon. This is a sincere offer. No bullshit! I'll put together a deal they can't refuse, only available to those on the list.

• Bitcoin Only: My suppliers only accept bitcoins. Sorry 'bout this one.
  • No Refunds: I have to fully custom built this shit from chicken scratch.
  • No Proof: QED!

I just purchased shares of Bounty, for when Josh sees this thread he'll be squirtin' his computer, and will need mega-sheets to absorb the mess made.

Madness!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1097

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 05:33:01 PM

Even Jeff and BTC Foundation may receive functioning Avalon, think twice before you order the 2nd batch:

南瓜这次发货的方法我很熟悉
我见过有人这么做,做出来的产品良品率低,就从矮子里面找高个的
拼凑出来几台最稳定的机器先拿出去
我和群里的也说过,我相信他发给JEFF的那个机器是工作的很完美的机器
一旦JEFF发了评测,后面的人哪怕拿到的是垃圾也只会认为自己比较倒霉

Translation:

I know the way how NGZ is shipping his product.

I knew someone shipped his product like this before: Since most of the products were defective, he picked the best ones and built a few stable machine for first round shipping.

I told other people in the channel: I believe he will send a perfect machine to Jeff. When Jeff has released his report, other customers will just think they are unlucky even they receive a crappy machine.

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 05:36:12 PM

I will pay $10,000 for the list of names, their addresses, and phone numbers of each and every person who orders Batch #2 from Avalon. This is a sincere offer. No bullshit! I'll put together a deal they can't refuse, only available to those on the list.

I just purchased shares of Bounty, for when Josh sees this thread he'll be squirtin' his computer, and will need mega-sheets to absorb the mess made.

Madness!

Thanks a whole lot for the visual PG.

These things once read cannot be unread ya know. Cry

fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 05:38:23 PM

no proof, no order. i am scam intolerant. i have a disorder which does not allow me to send money to strangers without seeing proof.
Evan

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 05:39:39 PM

Madness!

This is why I used my AMEX... they are no bullshit about taking back funds

I am poor, but i do work for Coin Smiley
1PtHcavXoakgNkQfEQdvnvEksEY2NvwaLM
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 05:40:03 PM

no proof, no order. i am scam intolerant. i have a disorder which does not allow me to send money to strangers without seeing proof.

Next you'll imply that carnival games are rigged...sheesh.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 05:40:48 PM

I just purchased shares of Bounty, for when Josh sees this thread he'll be squirtin' his computer spill coffee on his computer, and will need mega-sheets to absorb the mess made.

Madness!

Fixed! (liked a horny dog that used to hump everything in sight, like the time he...)  Grin
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 05:41:47 PM

it's going to be a couple of exiting days.

Quite.
I meant exciting, but yeah that might work too, if you think somebody's running away. Hopefully it's ASICs going out the exits of customs and shipping facilities. Grin

Not all of us... just the 600 people who would put the coin down.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 05:44:14 PM

I don't see this batch selling well.

* It's no longer price-competitive. Batch #2 should cost less to produce.
* Customer service has been horrible for Batch #1.
* Too long until scheduled shipping.
* No refunds.

Buy & Hold
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 05:44:54 PM

Next you'll imply that carnival games are rigged...sheesh.

So that is why I can never knock down all the milk bottles with the baseball. Doh.

I guess showing a demo unit in action or some other type of proof before selling batch #2 is highly insulting to the community.
Better not do that and save face.
I am thinking a parody thread would  be funny right about now.
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 05:48:02 PM

I've never actually withdrawn from Gox, but it doesn't seem like selling on Gox and withdrawing funds would land in their bank account faster than an international wire. Maybe I'm wrong on that. [/list][/list]

I don't think btcchina provide such kind of liquidity for millions of RMB, in the last 30 days it only exchanged 2.9 million RMB.
      http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/btcnCNY.html

They may have other ways of bitcoin exchange plans, or the suppliers accept bitcoins.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
      Fuzzy

Activity: 560

View Profile
      January 29, 2013, 05:53:52 PM

Maybe there is no upper limit.  So customers think there is a cap at 600, but in reality, because there is no product, it is limitless.

Exactly. They can just put up a pre-order site that will take bitcoins indefinitely.
      Fuzzy

View Profile
      January 29, 2013, 05:55:23 PM

How the fuck can you take orders for batch #2, when no one even has their orders from batch #1  Huh
      PuertoLibre
      Legendary

Activity: 1834
      Merit: 1003

View Profile
      January 29, 2013, 06:00:06 PM

How the fuck can you take orders for batch #2, when no one even has their orders from batch #1  Huh
      The same way BFL and BTCFPGA did.
      nbtcminer

Activity: 249

View Profile
      January 29, 2013, 06:02:33 PM

I too usually reserve my judgement but I got to say; while I do not believe that Avalon is in any way a scam, asking for more money upfront for a second batch when nothing from the first batch has shown up is very ethically dishonest:

1.) How can you justify asking your customer base to take 100% risk on diminishing returns? Anyone who is serious about investing into BTC mining knows that there will be a significant amount of hashing power added in the next 2 -3 months. Asking them to lock away $1500.00 ($200 more than the last btw) is sheer financial madness and quite ethically dishonest. I would understand if you took 20/80 or 50/50 deposits (down payment / upon finishing production) but to make your customers take that sort of risk and not provide any sort of proof that your product even works is crazy. Then add to the fact that at least 2 other ASIC companies have gone belly up and that you are asking for more money, I can't believe that you would even consider doing something like this. Its just doesn't make any sense in business terms.

2.)  While I don't care if I see a tracking number for anyone's order; I would like to know that Jgrazik atleast has his so that he can put to rest rumours of nothing being shipped. Not providing him or other customers with a tracking number and then letting your website become a bunch of squiggly lines is more then concerning. It simply destroys consumer confidence in your ability to handle this situation in professional manner.

I understand that BFL at this current time hasn't shown anything and they pretty much have nothing of substance to show, but atleast they aren't asking for a second round of 100% deposits on units when nothing has materialized. People of Bitcointalk, please don't buy into the second round until team Avalon shows something from batch 1. Any potential customer considering batch 2 needs to be aware that you will more than likely be on the losing end of that financial transaction and the risk you are taking with your BTC is simply put, not worth it. You may likely gain more value from just holding on to $1500.00 worth of BTC in the next few months.
      MrTeal
      Legendary

Activity: 1274
      Merit: 1004

View Profile
      January 29, 2013, 06:09:37 PM

I understand that BFL at this current time hasn't shown anything and they pretty much have nothing of substance to show, but atleast they aren't asking for a second round of 100% deposits on units when nothing has materialized. People of Bitcointalk, please don't buy into the second round until team Avalon shows something from batch 1. Any potential customer considering batch 2 needs to be aware that you will more than likely be on the losing end of that financial transaction and the risk you are taking with your BTC is simply put, not worth it. You may likely gain more value from just holding on to $1500.00 worth of BTC in the next few months.

BFL has never stopped taking orders, so while they haven't started a second round of preorders that is only because their first round has never ended.
      Fuzzy

View Profile
      January 29, 2013, 06:12:52 PM

You may likely gain more value from just holding on to $1500.00 worth of BTC in the next few months.

+1

More value, but not more BTC.
      PuertoLibre
      Legendary

Activity: 1834
      Merit: 1003

View Profile
      January 29, 2013, 06:12:57 PM

Uh, in case you missed the above. BFL are still taking orders. they are already up to 17k in their order number.

So your outrage should be universal and not one sided.
      nbtcminer

Activity: 249

View Profile
      January 29, 2013, 06:17:16 PM

Uh, in case you missed the above. BFL are still taking orders. they are already up to 17k in their order number.

So your outrage should be universal and not one sided.

@MrTeal / PuertroLibre:

I stand corrected, but my point still stands with regards to this particular threat & post. I think PuertoLibre, you are doing a good job of extracting and exposing information about BFL but seriously this thread reeks of all sorts of crazy. Atleast BFL take pre-order payments via Paypal and chargeback can be done via CC but to ask for 100% down payment with BTC in this situation is nuts  and should raise all sorts of alarms for potential customers.
      John (John K.)
      Global Troll-buster and
      Legendary

Activity: 1288
      Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
      January 29, 2013, 06:19:00 PM

Even Jeff and BTC Foundation may receive functioning Avalon, think twice before you order the 2nd batch:

南瓜这次发货的方法我很熟悉
      我见过有人这么做,做出来的产品良品率低,就从矮子里面找高个的
      拼凑出来几台最稳定的机器先拿出去
      我和群里的也说过,我相信他发给JEFF的那个机器是工作的很完美的机器
      一旦JEFF发了评测,后面的人哪怕拿到的是垃圾也只会认为自己比较倒霉

Translation:

I know the way how NGZ is shipping his product.

I knew someone shipped his product like this before: Since most of the products were defective, he picked the best ones and built a few stable machine for first round shipping.

I told other people in the channel: I believe he will send a perfect machine to Jeff. When Jeff has released his report, other customers will just think they are unlucky even they receive a crappy machine.

I verify that the translation is correct, and I am somewhat concerned with this issue.
      Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 56 »
        Print  

Jump to: