Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:46:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you Still believe in Fiat?  (Read 75138 times)
lightyard12

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 07:19:31 AM

Of course I believe in Fiat, everyone uses it nowadays. It's one of the oldest currencies in human history.

The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Enotche

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 07:26:44 AM

Yes, to some extent, I trust the usual money. In my country they all pay. But. However, the authorities are leading the country to the bottom, and the national currency falls. The solution for me is Bitcoin. Conventional money should be kept in a wallet. No wallet (stolen, forgotten at home) - there is no money. However, the fiat advantage that it can be used without the Internet and electricity Smiley
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 08:08:56 AM

Basically I do not have any view on fiat.
But practically I do not use fiats for any of my daily life needs as I am mostly using debit cards wherever I shop both in physical stores as well as online (as I am saving my Bitcoins I do not spend them right now).

So, already I have switched over to electronic format of money by leaving off fiats. Does it mean I'm not believing in to fiat anymore.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 10:54:46 AM

Well even if fiat really sucks sometimes I still need it. Its not that I believe in it I just really need it for my daily life since it was the most accepted currency to buy daily needs.
Lol yeah of course although I do not have fiat though. I would still need a fiat for major currencies in each country
is fiat. unless bitcoin is approved in all countries and is becoming mainstream I did not really need or believe to fiat again
vdotcash

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 11:04:29 AM

Yes, but remain diversified. If fiat fails everything is ok. Shocked
alplaxxx

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 11:47:19 AM

yes, still believe in fiat, we are using it for day to day, the value of a fiat currency is similarly arbitrary, but as long as the government can maintain its monetary system, that value will hold because that's the value the government is willing to honor. Because of the government is such a large part of the economy, the currency retains its value even in private exchanges as it is something that everyone can use when interacting with the government.
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 10:45:56 AM

But practically I do not use fiats for any of my daily life needs as I am mostly using debit cards wherever I shop both in physical stores as well as online (as I am saving my Bitcoins I do not spend them right now).

So, already I have switched over to electronic format of money by leaving off fiats. Does it mean I'm not believing in to fiat anymore.
Your stand on fiats is most common for many people here. I'm still believing in to fiat but I'm not using it for my daily needs. The belief on fiat is not important in my view, what really matters means what are your available opportunities to use like fiats or electronic money or bitcoins.
Colt22

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 10:50:44 AM

Nothing has happened with fiat, and is working the same as before, so why not to believe on it?

Everyone have believe on fiat as there is no any fear having that, the first and strongest reason is that it has the government support and they guarantee for its value.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 10:44:19 AM

Your stand on fiats is most common for many people here. I'm still believing in to fiat but I'm not using it for my daily needs. The belief on fiat is not important in my view, what really matters means what are your available opportunities to use like fiats or electronic money or bitcoins.
Yes, what is the use on believing in to a forgotten format of money. When you are not using very frequently a particular format that will get demised very soon. So, I suspect the survival of fiats when most of the people are switching over to digital system for money transfers.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 02:39:27 PM

Of course I believe in Fiat, everyone uses it nowadays. It's one of the oldest currencies in human history.
The oldest format, will not be convenient anymore when you are going shopping. Still, we can not ignore there are many particular situations we have to use fiats. That way, fiats will continue to stay with us but I fear it will get rarely being used by us IMHO.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1499

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 02:47:42 PM

Absolutely I believe in fiat and will keep believing it. Fiat is the most legal and regulated currency. Also it is backed by some tangible asset like gold. SO the price can't go down after a certain limit. If a certain fiat currency started going down, the central bank of that particular country will intervene to stop that fall.

In bitcoin we don't have such regulatory authority. It is a symbol of free economy. So even if I earn a lot of bitcoin, I will still believe fiat currency.

PokerFace3

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 12:32:51 PM

Absolutely I believe in fiat and will keep believing it. Fiat is the most legal and regulated currency. Also it is backed by some tangible asset like gold. SO the price can't go down after a certain limit. If a certain fiat currency started going down, the central bank of that particular country will intervene to stop that fall.

In bitcoin we don't have such regulatory authority. It is a symbol of free economy. So even if I earn a lot of bitcoin, I will still believe fiat currency.
yeah, I believe in fiat too.  Many countries still haven't legalized bitcoin and many shops don't take btc. We have to use fiat still for many stuffs. 
tampazeus

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 12:42:59 PM

yeah, I believe in fiat too.  Many countries still haven't legalized bitcoin and many shops don't take btc. We have to use fiat still for many stuffs. 

Yeah fiat gives an feeling of ease and comfortableness as it is used and accepted everywhere and people who are not aware about bitcoin yet will prefer to use fiat.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 01:45:47 PM

Yes I still believe in fiat as for my daily needs I am forced to use fiat, if bitcoin merchants would grow exponentially in near future then it will be a greaat news foe me.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
gerXhonza

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 01:48:30 PM

Yes I still believe in fiat as for my daily needs I am forced to use fiat, if bitcoin merchants would grow exponentially in near future then it will be a greaat news foe me.

It will be great news for all of us but the fact is we cannot expect that everyone will start using bitcoin there will be many people who will continue to use fiat and credit card for making purchases.
nururochac

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 01:53:09 PM

Yes, what is the use on believing in to a forgotten format of money. When you are not using very frequently a particular format that will get demised very soon. So, I suspect the survival of fiats when most of the people are switching over to digital system for money transfers.
Can you consider me as a believer of fiat if I have no choice of using other type of currency rather than it that accepts markets in real life? Does having a no choice means believing in it?
MTBTT

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 03:03:26 PM

yeah of course believe or do not believe you have to say it. because Fiat is the main currency in use in the world and you have to accept payment by fiat. This is the law in this world
cambda

Activity: 759
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 03:20:34 PM

yeah of course believe or do not believe you have to say it. because Fiat is the main currency in use in the world and you have to accept payment by fiat. This is the law in this world

Yeah as of now fiat is the most powerful currency and it represents its respective country and people have more faith in it as majority of them are earning in fiat, its an basic necessity of a society.
bitcoinisfurture

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 03:31:31 PM

Well I would have never created topic with this  Subject lien 'Do you believe in Fiat'  . We cannot expect that bitcoin will be used and accepted everywhere in future. many country have actually ban the btc and still few of them are unclear with it. Fiat will always be there in future as well.
Kewatia

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 05:57:40 PM

I still use fiat. That is what I get paid for my work. But I am trying my best to convert some fiat into bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: