Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:47:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you Still believe in Fiat?  (Read 75138 times)
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 02:21:58 PM

People with lack of knowledge will never know what bitcoin is all about and what are its benefits, and the fact is people resist change, and they will never get into bitcoins.

I will just take some time for the ordinary people to use the bitcoin. If major banks are involved, it is not too difficult.

They will be as soon as they they see how it will profit them in the future then they will start adapting it. Problem is eyes are still closed in to newer things that might involved some risks. They just want to stay to that kind of way where they know there will be no risk.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GamingBro

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 02:34:37 PM

Why not? I am using fiat everyday cause i don't have opportunity to use bitcoins in my country offline, so just online shopping with bitcoins..So i am using fiat.

btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 02:37:46 PM

Since goverment forbid bitcoin usage, it will limited bitcoin rotation on my country so it's difficult for my people to get known about bitcoin.
About my fiat, since the value doesn't too low , it still can compete with other currency so it doesn't have any problem
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 02:56:07 PM

Even after all these coins i've invested particularly on ICOs, i still prefer to trust fiat as I can use it widely. And I may even withdraw my coins to exchange it to fiat rather than storing then on bitcoin banks.yet stil i would like them to be in my hard drive wallet still. Smiley

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 03:27:42 PM

Yup i am still believe in Fiat, not only me so many people believe in Fiat. Now the question raise why ? The reason is so simple bitcoin is not used offline in many countries, it only use for online shopping directly. So people should believe on fiat because they use fiat in their daily life and buy things that they need in their life.
angryswamp

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 03:47:48 PM

i dont believe in fiat, only bitcoins will have great future

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 03:52:00 PM

I think what has been aforementioned about end of physical cash is a key point to drive Bitcoin to 100.000+ value. This and the end of the petrodollar as the oil industry collapses, will help too.
mark coins

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 03:54:41 PM

Yup i am still believe in Fiat, not only me so many people believe in Fiat. Now the question raise why ? The reason is so simple bitcoin is not used offline in many countries, it only use for online shopping directly. So people should believe on fiat because they use fiat in their daily life and buy things that they need in their life.

And at a moment if we have to spend bitcoins directly then we need to convert it to fiat first, so basically we can say that bitcoins is dependent on fiat.
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 10:41:54 PM

Ongoing scams are the major reason that is keeping people away from bitcoin as they have fear of loosing their money and that is logical as no one wants to loose their hard earned money.

No it's not. They aren't thinking much on the brighter side. There are lots of scam today but no one will be scam if they will not allow themselves to be scam.

Bitcoin is money so better they know the risk of investing elsewhere.

Yes, you are right, because recently bitfinex has been hacked, and it is not first time even it is more than one, but people never hate to bitcoins, and also those people who have a lost their amount in Bitfinex exchange, but they are still using bitcoins, but only the way of saving will be changed. Everyone know that it is a time of crypto currency and it is a easiest way to make profit and everyone can earn from crypto currencies.       

The bitcoin price was quite high before the Bitfinex hack. Now the price is only $555. so it is good to buy some.
the price has already bounced back, in my opinion from now on the only possible way for the price is to go significantly up and make us all some good money
I think it is a sure thing that the price will go up? I do not know the last few days the price dropped because bitfinex be a scam.
or due to decreased demand bitcoin? but it sure is after the price drops. definitely the price will go up. so be patient in waiting dude

Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 11:55:13 PM

I had saw a video complaining about the current system of fiat, that its printed to cover and to pay for wars, hidden the big problem around fiat, thats bad management, and no transparency. Bitcoin would be amazing to any country has we will see where the money is being invested, something we dont know is the numbers and costs of each transaction.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 12:47:53 AM

I had saw a video complaining about the current system of fiat, that its printed to cover and to pay for wars, hidden the big problem around fiat, thats bad management, and no transparency. Bitcoin would be amazing to any country has we will see where the money is being invested, something we dont know is the numbers and costs of each transaction.

Bitcoin can also pay for war. That will just be the same as fiat. It will always depend on its user on how he will use it. If the government wants to cover up the war expenses through bitcoin they can do that also.
Soulver

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 01:37:27 AM

Bitcoin can also pay for war. That will just be the same as fiat. It will always depend on its user on how he will use it. If the government wants to cover up the war expenses through bitcoin they can do that also.

I agree, as i saw news lately that some countries which are running in low economy period started actually to adopt bitcoin as a cryptocurrency over fiat since the government is no longer able to pay employee's salary with fiat  due to lack of economy. So that includes the army salary too.
Matt Guy

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 01:42:10 AM

Regarding fiat, inflation is a big problem, but we have no other alternative in most situations.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 05:32:37 AM

And at a moment if we have to spend bitcoins directly then we need to convert it to fiat first, so basically we can say that bitcoins is dependent on fiat.
yeah true even though we are using bitcoin and get bitcoin. but still we have to convert it to a fiat to do the spending
because for the moment inevitably we still have to depend on fiat currency because we are the major currency is fiat
Doms

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 06:56:20 AM

Fiat is, and will still remain relevant for the foreseeable future. I don't see bitcoin replacing fiat anytime soon. With all the flaws that fiat possesses, we are still very much invested in it. It would be hard to imagine a world where fiat in not in existence. Bitcoin simply won't get the job done, definitely not right now, because the world is not yet ready to accept it on a massive scale.
TGD

Activity: 1288
Merit: 620

Wen Rolex?

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 07:27:10 AM

yeah true even though we are using bitcoin and get bitcoin. but still we have to convert it to a fiat to do the spending
because for the moment inevitably we still have to depend on fiat currency because we are the major currency is fiat

Yes that's why we want bitcoin to have more use in the future so we will not depend in fiat, if we can already use it  in her own value buying things or widraw your money easly without exchange it that's better and I hope it will happen soon.

Don't mind me | Just checking out here for Duelbits Promotion | Bitcoin 1M | Duelbits no 1
Noojna

Activity: 687
Merit: 501

AVANTAGE - Blockchain Loyalty System

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2016, 07:53:50 AM

This is the thing, for either Fiat or crypto to thrive, people have to believe in it, and it has to run in a sustainable environment.

Right now Bitcoin has flaws which make it unsustainable; fiat has government control issues.

███████████
  █████████████████████
                        ████████████████████████████                     
████             ███████████████        ███████████████             ███
  ███████       ███████████                              ██████████         ████
  ███████      ████████        ██████████████       ████████    ████████
   ██████    ████████        ██████████████████    ███████    ███████████
  ███████    ████████    ████████████████████  ████████  ██████████████
  ██████    ███████      ███████████            ██    ████████  ████████    █████
  ██████       ██████       ████████         ██████       ███████    ███████          █████
  ██████    ██████    ████████    ███████████████████  ████████  ███    █████
  ██████    ███████  ███████      ██████████████████    ████████  █████    █████
  ██████    ██████    ██████    ████████████████████    ██████     ██████    █████
  █████    ███████   ██████      ███████            ████████  ██████    ███████  █████
██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████  █████
██████    ██████    ██████  ███████  ███████    ██████    ██████    ██████  █████
██████    ██████    ██████  ███████  ███████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ████
██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████  █████
  █████    ███████  ██████       ██████               ███████  ██████       █████    █████
  ██████    ██████    ██████   ████████████████████   ██████    ██████    █████
  ██████    █████    ███████   ███████████████████   ██████       ██████    █████
███████    ██    ████████  ███████████████████      ███████   ██████    █████
  ██████          ███████    ████████  ████████      █████████    ███████    █████
███████    ████████   ███████                      ██████████      ███████    █████
  ██████████████      ███████  ████████████████████      ███████    ██████
  ████████████  █████████  ███████████████████      ████████    ██████
  ██████████  ████████     ████████████████         █████████    ██████
  ███████      ██████████                ██                ██████████      ██████
  █████           ██████████████            ██████████████           ████
  ███                   ██████████████████████████████                   █
  ███████████████████████
  ███████████████
🔥 🔥»📝 BTC 💬
Daneric

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 08:08:51 AM

Fiat money is backed by the fact that the government accepts it as legal payment. Because the government is willing to accept it in exchange for goods and services or tax payments, their currency gains intrinsic value.The value of a fiat currency is similarly arbitrary, but as long as the government can maintain its monetary system, that value will hold because that's the value the government is willing to honor. Because of the government is such a large part of the economy, the currency retains its value even in private exchanges as it is something that everyone can use when interacting with the government.
tygeade
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1058

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 08:14:38 AM

Yes that's why we want bitcoin to have more use in the future so we will not depend in fiat, if we can already use it  in her own value buying things or widraw your money easly without exchange it that's better and I hope it will happen soon.

I think it will take long time for that to happen, its not easy for bitcoin to get accepted everywhere at physical place and even merchants should be aware that they can accept payments in bitcoins too.

resilientknight

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 08:18:14 AM

Just like they say, you should never trust politicians.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: