Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:31:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Avalon Asic] trade-in Thread  (Read 43540 times)
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 01:47:53 AM

I don't think we would even want them now. With that btc we can get something better - like maybe a KNC group buy shares, or who knows what else. The point is they already broke their promise on several accounts, and now doing it to us again is essentially theft.

Looks like Yifu is refunding chips orders.  I guess he sold them off for a better price, now he refunds the change.

I don't think we'll see our trade-ins processed as he probably does not have the chips or Avalons to sell.
All gone, top price.

He ignores all questions about trade-ins.  We the minority. With chips he pissed off a lot of people. I mean  a LOT.
I bet quite a few survivalist/militia/anti-gov/bitcoin loving types in the US are already working on custom .45acp reloads just for him.

I hope he will not get wacked for stupid chips.  

September is around the corner.  Bitfury is shipping, BFL is shipping quite a bit.  Those Avalons  might not be worth $1600 in few weeks.

Yep, well said. I don't give a shit anymore. I just want him to refund the 69 BTC I sent him/them, and they can fuck off. Not keeping your word is a sign of having a lowly character (ie lack of) and I don't care what excuses he comes up with.

卑微的人的性格
Bēiwéi de rén dì xìnggé

There are some crazy mofos out there and hopefully he doesn't get his ass shot for some stupid chips.

So Yifu, hurry with the refunds, I got other manufacturers that want/deserve my business more.

Let me do the right Chinese sentence for you.

张楠庚的人品极其低劣。

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 02:14:36 AM

Send him for a trip to Belize after getting your refund. Cool
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 06:03:20 AM

Thank you HorseRider. I hope the Avalon team reads that and feels shame.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 06:26:01 AM

I have some good news guys. I almost can't believe it  Shocked but I got an e-mail from the Avalon store that a new note with tracking info has been added to my account!

Even though it took forever kudos to the Avalon team for at least doing the right thing in the end. Yifu/Avalon team, if I hurt your feelings with my angry outbursts, I'm sorry. I hope you can see thing from my (and many others) point of view.

I hope to see everyone else's trade-in units shipped soon.

rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:44:07 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2013, 09:02:38 AM by rudrigorc2

No address to pay at my account.

1500 USD / 133 ( http://bitcoinaverage.com/#USD )

Tradein price today = 11.278195489  ROI still at risk.

edit: what about paying after I get the machines here? Its not confortable anymore sending bitcoins without knowing for sure when ill get the units.
Im pretty sure everyone feels the same. You should try this trust exercise this time, it will pump your Chi to the moon.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 03:14:17 PM

I have some good news guys. I almost can't believe it  Shocked but I got an e-mail from the Avalon store that a new note with tracking info has been added to my account!

Even though it took forever kudos to the Avalon team for at least doing the right thing in the end. Yifu/Avalon team, if I hurt your feelings with my angry outbursts, I'm sorry. I hope you can see thing from my (and many others) point of view.

Nice!

No email here, and the order status in the store is still "trade-in-on-hold", but it now shows a note added:

"Saturday 31st of August 2013, 04:52am DHL:xxxxxxxxxx"

Looking up the tracking number shows "Shipment information received", with the shipment originating in PRC.

So, uh... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  :woot:

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 04:43:24 PM

I have some good news guys. I almost can't believe it  Shocked but I got an e-mail from the Avalon store that a new note with tracking info has been added to my account!

You dont need to feel sorry. most of the promised value of the tradein program were destroyed by the delay.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 05:30:17 PM

You dont need to feel sorry. most of the promised value of the tradein program were destroyed by the delay.

That is sad, but very much true Sad

I can only hope these will pay for themselves in BTC terms (69 btc for me). We shall see.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 05:31:35 PM

I have some good news guys. I almost can't believe it  Shocked but I got an e-mail from the Avalon store that a new note with tracking info has been added to my account!

Nice!

No email here, and the order status in the store is still "trade-in-on-hold", but it now shows a note added:

Looking up the tracking number shows "Shipment information received", with the shipment originating in PRC.

Hmm, I find it odd that the package hasn't moved. When I got sent my batch 3 unit it was moving even on a Saturday or Sunday.

greaterninja

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:56:57 PM

I still do not have my trade ins added to my store account.  I haved created like 15 tickets.  I am out like about 2000.  Not cool at all. 8/31/3013
midnightmagic

Activity: 88
Merit: 37

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 10:45:54 PM

I'm a bit more than disappointed. I sent them 60+ btc and got nothing to show for it. Had I known I would've spend those btc elsewhere.

Go "talk" to him (or his relatives)...

Notice bars on the windows.  Must be the place  Wink

Look. People. Don't pull this thug bullcrap, okay? Threatening someone is not going to make him even the slightest bit *more* interested in helping you. They're having problems, with exactly people like this, visiting relatives and making demands. Not cool man.

Yeah as much as it pains me to say this I think we're never going to see the trade-in units, and if we do it will be at a point where they'll be worthless.

I highly value my Icarus. I would be personally happy to pay the shipping costs to get my Icarus boards back from China. I would have basically no issues if I could have them back.

I don't think we would even want them now. With that btc we can get something better - like maybe a KNC group buy shares, or who knows what else. The point is they already broke their promise on several accounts, and now doing it to us again is essentially theft.

Don't buy KNC. It wasn't until very recently that they clarified that when they say they're going to self-mine, they'll only self-mine a max of 5% of the hashrate sold to customers. Most people didn't even know they were going to self-mine.

There are some crazy mofos out there and hopefully he doesn't get his ass shot for some stupid chips.

So Yifu, hurry with the refunds, I got other manufacturers that want/deserve my business more.

:-( Yeah don't do this.
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 01:43:08 PM

Yeah I knew KNC was going to self-mine though. I don't think it's a big deal as long as they don't over-compete with their customers and as long as they publicly state what hashing rate they will launch on the network (and give us a way of keeping track of it - signing blocks, publishing pool info, etc). Avalon also said they will not mine with their equipment (or should I say OUR equipment) but they still did. I have a suspicion that every manufacturer self-mines to some extent and some are better than others at hiding it. The temptation to do this is very strong. It is unethical if you specifically said you will not mine on the main net with your own hardware, but who is going to really police them?

As for not buying KNC, lol, it's a bit too late for that. Hopefully it will pan out and not turn into another Avalon/BFL affair cause if that happens I might just go crazy.

Ok, so anyone else besides me and Bogart got tracking info yet? greaterninja? You've been taken care of?

ailikun

Activity: 406
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 06:41:43 PM

Still nothing Undecided

What frustrates me the most, is that we are those "VERY SPECIAL CLIENTS"... yes we sure are...
I guess this was just a joke, to make us feel bad...

If we reiceive this asic in a month or so.. it wont even ROI..

This is depressing Cry

It would make sense if we would receive some bonus, maybe a fifth module... or something in the second gen asic, but i guess it wont happen.

Well, Thnx Yifu for at least speaking with us.
This silence was killing us

Komuto Herovato is definitely the chief engineer of bfl)
greaterninja

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 08:15:32 PM

What a jackass. 5 months nothing.  Nothing added to my store account.  Took 4 months to receive my 2 x batch #3 as well.

Avalon has horrible customer support.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 01:26:02 PM

Don't buy KNC. It wasn't until very recently that they clarified that when they say they're going to self-mine, they'll only self-mine a max of 5% of the hashrate sold to customers. Most people didn't even know they were going to self-mine.

BS it's been on their FAQ from the very start. At least they are honest. Learn to read.

https://www.kncminer.com/pages/faq

Why are you selling the Miners and don’t mine yourself (will you use the miners for mining yourself)?

We are mining ourselves, but we believe in the bitcoin project and a diversified market is the best for all parties. We will continue to mine but we do not believe in a monopoly of miners. We will not mine with more than 5% of the hash rate we sell, and we will never mine with customer hardware.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 07:55:34 PM

Nice!

Hmm, I find it odd that the package hasn't moved. When I got sent my batch 3 unit it was moving even on a Saturday or Sunday.

It took some time, but it shows movement now.  It's made it to HK.

I hope you guys get yours invoiced, paid, shipped, and hashing soon.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:38:44 PM

Congrats guys on your trade-ins.  It has been a long slog.  Nice to see that their might be a light at the end of the tunnel.
ailikun

Activity: 406
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 08:26:17 PM

Yifu can you please give us an answer about ours trade-in?

Komuto Herovato is definitely the chief engineer of bfl)
Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 12:17:13 AM

Congrats guys on your trade-ins.  It has been a long slog.  Nice to see that their might be a light at the end of the tunnel.

It is pitch black here.

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 03:11:18 AM

They were indeed delivered today.

It would have been nice to have had them in May, or even July.  Still I'm glad to have them now.

Still hoping for the rest of you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: