Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:51:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is science a religion?  (Read 47397 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:23:01 PM

As long as science keeps on making up these fantastic theories, and then believing them to be true without proof, and barely any evidence, they are pushing science into the realm of strong religion.

Cool
Well this is a refreshing change. At least your admitting that a strong religion like Christianity is based upon no proof and barely any evidence.

Maybe we're managing to pry those tightly shut eyes of yours open at long last. Just a tad mind, but least it's a start.  Well done! Smiley

Well, thank you, again, for showing us that you can't read, and that you don't really know very much. But, that is like most of us, isn't it? At least until we learn. Why don't you learn?

The fact that the universe operates through cause and effect, and the fact that it is very complex, and the fact that we find nothing other than universal entropy... these three universal facts prove that God exists. If God didn't exist, one or more of these three facts would have to be non-existent, as well.

But I do want to thank you. The more you prompt me to say this, the more opportunity people have to see and to start to understand.

My question is, do you understand? Or are you simply trying to hide yourself from God by speaking against Him? You can't hide from God. This Guy Who used cause and effect to set the whole universe in place, knows everything about you, and essentially holds your life in His hands.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:58:20 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 09:12:48 PM by Buffer Overflow

As long as science keeps on making up these fantastic theories, and then believing them to be true without proof, and barely any evidence, they are pushing science into the realm of strong religion.

Cool
Well this is a refreshing change. At least your admitting that a strong religion like Christianity is based upon no proof and barely any evidence.

Maybe we're managing to pry those tightly shut eyes of yours open at long last. Just a tad mind, but least it's a start.  Well done! Smiley

Well, thank you, again, for showing us that you can't read, and that you don't really know very much. But, that is like most of us, isn't it? At least until we learn. Why don't you learn?

The fact that the universe operates through cause and effect, and the fact that it is very complex, and the fact that we find nothing other than universal entropy... these three universal facts prove that God exists. If God didn't exist, one or more of these three facts would have to be non-existent, as well.
Oh, so one minute your saying science has fantastic theories without proof and barely any evidence, now in your next post your saying science proves God as fact.  Make up your mind.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

That's the problem, when someone starts believing a crazy mixed up book, they themselves start getting crazy and mixed up in the head too. And the deeper they're into this book, the more mixed up they get.  You're very mixed up.  Smiley

But I do want to thank you. The more you prompt me to say this, the more opportunity people have to see and to start to understand.

My question is, do you understand?
Cool
Oh, yes I understand exactly what your trying to do. Don't worry about that, I can read you like a book.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 09:20:27 PM

Cool

Oh, so one minute your saying science has fantastic theories without proof and barely any evidence, now in your next post your saying science proves God as fact.  Make up your mind.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

That's the problem, when someone starts believing a crazy mixed up book, they themselves start getting crazy and mixed up in the head too. And the deeper they're into this book, the more mixed up they get.  You're very mixed up.  Smiley

My question is, do you understand?
Cool
Oh, yes I understand exactly what your trying to do. Don't worry about that, I can read you like a book.

Well, spell it out simply, the thing that you understand, and what you read in me the "book," so that everyone can understand.

And, I'll spell out for you, again, what I am saying.

Science has facts and it has theories. The facts prove God. The theories make science a foolish religion when people believe them as truth.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 05:25:20 PM

science is not religion. science is a field of science that studies the science on this earth. while religion is a spiritual bond between man and his god. it was clearly different.

Both were clearly described, Truly science is not a religion because its based upon the innovation and technology of the proofs. Religion is just based upon the bonding which happens without any reason.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 05:55:14 PM

science is not religion. science is a field of science that studies the science on this earth. while religion is a spiritual bond between man and his god. it was clearly different.

Both were clearly described, Truly science is not a religion because its based upon the innovation and technology of the proofs. Religion is just based upon the bonding which happens without any reason.

This is not entirely true.

Science has theories. Theories might be based on facts, but in a theory the facts are presented in a new way that is not known to be factual. If a theory is believed as truth without finding out that it is truth, you have a religion going by people having faith in something that is not truth necessarily.

The foundation of most religions is God. God has been proven to exist by science, and shown to exist in nature. The questions about God have to do with knowing about Him, more than that He exists. This is where God-religions come from.

Religions that don't accept the existence of God, are very strong religions. Why? They have to fight the proofs and evidences in science and nature. They are strong because their believers have to have very blind faith to avoid looking at nature and science.

Cool

AzibLala007

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 06:20:10 PM

science is never like a religion because it has no boundries.
and in science you have to hurt people.
it will never be a religion.
Tusk (OP)

Activity: 444
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 08:14:47 PM

If science is based on mathematics and mathematics is supernatural, does that not make science supernatural?

From the ashes rises the Phoenix. Viva the block chain, Viva BitCoin!
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 09:52:32 PM

science is never like a religion because it has no boundries.
and in science you have to hurt people.
it will never be a religion.

God has no bounds, or boundaries, as you say. He is limitless. But science is limited by the things that it can find out.

If you think that science has to hurt people, do you mean like when the housewife calls her range science, and then burns her hand on it?

Science is a religion because people trust in it like they should be trusting in God.

Cool

Blackmet

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 02:17:10 AM

Science is not a religion - science is a religion killer .
Scientists always trying to dispel the all myths about God so i don't think that science is religion.

Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 04:09:45 AM

If science is based on mathematics and mathematics is supernatural, does that not make science supernatural?

Science is not fully based on mathematics. They only use math to do computations to prove their theory and to solve other stuffs. But there are science stuffs that does not base on mathematics. So even if we assume that math is supernatural, science will not be supernatural as well.

Scientists always trying to dispel the all myths about God so i don't think that science is religion.

Not everyone though. IMO, when relating to God there are 3 kinds of scientists:

1. Scientists who uses science to prove that Jesus did not exist at all and all the other stuffs that he did are either explainable by science or not real.

2. Scientists who try to dig deeper in the history and prove the existence of Jesus Christ.

3. Scientists who fully don't care about God and other religious stuffs. They just concentrate in discovering and inventing things. Grin

JesusHadAegis

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 02:08:33 PM

I dont think that is the point of science. Science with evidence and patience to process a research. Science gave us infos about ancent civilizations and even dinosaur which i think we didnt know from chruch books.

It's not to contradict but religion focuses on miracles. Which is hard to see.

Feel free to comment.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 02:52:31 PM

I dont think that is the point of science. Science with evidence and patience to process a research. Science gave us infos about ancent civilizations and even dinosaur which i think we didnt know from chruch books.

Feel free to comment.

Agreed, Science is an source which provides us the history of each and everything happening around the world. As mentioned science can be experimented but religious is truly on belief and miracles which can't be proved but only the left behind objects one has faith on religion.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 02:09:22 AM

Feel free to comment.

Agreed, Science is an source which provides us the history of each and everything happening around the world. As mentioned science can be experimented but religious is truly on belief and miracles which can't be proved but only the left behind objects one has faith on religion.

What?!

Science barely explains anything around the world. And when it explains anything in detail, it gets so complicated and convoluted that nobody can understand what it is saying.

Cool

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2016, 02:13:02 AM

Feel free to comment.

What?!

Science barely explains anything around the world. And when it explains anything in detail, it gets so complicated and convoluted that nobody can understand what it is saying.

Cool

Religion explains everything about the world. And it describes nothing in any detail that anyone can understand, so important religious books can be interpreted different by different scholars -- leading to radically different explanations of how the world works.

Science may not explain everything, but at least it is internally consistent.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 04:26:47 PM

Feel free to comment.

What?!

Cool

Religion explains everything about the world. And it describes nothing in any detail that anyone can understand, so important religious books can be interpreted different by different scholars -- leading to radically different explanations of how the world works.

Science may not explain everything, but at least it is internally consistent.

No, religion doesn't explain everything about the world. For example. Show me where Christianity talks directly about that one weed growing between the cracks in the pavement outside your apartment. No explanation exists about that weed in the Christian religion. A broad generalization might exist, wherein the weed might or might not exist. But religion falls far short of explaining everything about the world. Why does it fall far short? Because that isn't what religion is there for.

Science is there to explain everything about the world. But it does not. Science is not internally consistent. For example. There are 3 major Big Bang theories that are all different. There are 4 Black Hole theories that are distinctively different. There are scientists who understand that none of these have been proven to be fact. There are other scientists, some of which believe in each theory. There are still other scientists that believe the theories aren't true, but that something like them is true.

Science is picky in the detail area. Because of this, when it doesn't find all the details, it is almost useless.

Religion covers the broad generalities. Religion is better than science, because religion shows all sorts of things that science will never be able to show, because of the complexity of nature, the universe, and life. That's the reason why many scientists have turned science into a religion for themselves, by believing in parts of it that have not been proven to be fact.

Just like other religion, scientists have turned science into religion, hopeful and believing that parts of science are true, when in reality these parts have not been proven to be true... just like religion.

Cool

acroman08
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1075

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 04:29:27 PM

Feel free to comment.

What?!

Cool

yeah and bibile can explain it all with so much detail that even a kid can understand it. wow im so impressed  Shocked

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 04:41:14 PM

Feel free to comment.

What?!

Cool

yeah and bibile can explain it all with so much detail that even a kid can understand it. wow im so impressed  Shocked

As I attempted to say above, here, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1418441.msg14607732#msg14607732, neither science, nor religion, nor the science religion explain everything in detail.

Science is limited mostly to things that are not important. Science doesn't explain the most important things, the souls and spirits of people, and the spirits of animals and plants... although scientists are finally trying to apply science to these.

But religion talks mostly about these important things.

Neither has the theoretical detail down in a factual way that can be tested. If science has such, it is theory no longer. Rather, it is fact.

Since science has proven that God exists, we can base our religion on faith in what God tells us. This doesn't prove something that God says to be true. But that is what religion is all about... faith, not proof

Science theory that is believed in as truth is religion by the believing, same as other religions... by the believing in something that has not been proven to be factual.

Cool

Tusk (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 04:53:05 PM

we can base our religion on faith in what God tells us.

What has "God" ever said, I have a problem when the Universe is personified into "God". Gods are all figments of our own and collective imagination. No God has ever uttered a word.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 05:21:05 PM

What has "God" ever said, I have a problem when the Universe is personified into "God". Gods are all figments of our own and collective imagination. No God has ever uttered a word.

Jesus was God as well as man.

Jesus-God spoke the universe into being.

Moses and the other prophets of the Bible were told by God spiritually what to write.

When a person doesn't know the history of the Bible and the nation of Israel, it is easy for him to think that God hasn't spoken through these people. But those who have studied the Bible and how it came into being, along with the nation of Israel and its history, realize that these things couldn't have come into being without God making them to exist.

Cool

Tusk (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 05:40:49 PM

Jesus was God as well as man.

Jesus-God spoke the universe into being.

Moses and the other prophets of the Bible were told by God spiritually what to write.

When a person doesn't know the history of the Bible and the nation of Israel, it is easy for him to think that God hasn't spoken through these people. But those who have studied the Bible and how it came into being, along with the nation of Israel and its history, realize that these things couldn't have come into being without God making them to exist.

Cool

On whose authority are any "prophets" given that status?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: