Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:58:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is science a religion?  (Read 47397 times)
Seccerius

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 08:09:00 AM

Every religion is built on deception of the people. Science does not confirm any religious tenet. I think generally it is foolish to look for any scientific proof of religion. Religious people are just stupid and believe in fairy tales.

Religion can not deceive, because it is the worldview of every person. Everyone believes in what he wants, but he can make mistakes in his choice. They are already being manipulated and deceived by people in more powerful ways, because many do not believe in religion.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 03:21:54 PM

I think not, everything is clear, the religion had the Scripture that guides our lives. don't overdo it in science because it is the work of human, not God.

Moloch is one of the atheists that knows clearly that he doesn't know enough about the universe to truthfully say that there is no God. He knows that God might be out there somewhere, and that he simply hasn't found the place, yet. Rather than acknowledge that he is an agnostic, he has an agenda to cover up the simple fact that everybody can see that God might exist.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 03:33:32 PM

Moloch is one of the atheists that knows clearly...

Why do you talk about me so much?  Got a crush on me?  Nobody even mentioned me except you...

Can you do anything besides pretend you know more about me, than I do?

All you do is slander me for no reason... makes you look petty and pathetic

You have nothing to back up your own claims, so you trash-talk others who make good arguments and use facts to back up their statements
Lacander

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:44:29 PM

Why do you talk about me so much?  Got a crush on me?  Nobody even mentioned me except you...

You have nothing to back up your own claims, so you trash-talk others who make good arguments and use facts to back up their statements

BSDecker is like a cornered animal.  Bites whenever he gets a chance.

He attacks anyone who tries to pop his bubble.  Don't take it personally.

He is very insecure and tries to stick to his half-backed, developed in the church basement 'proofs' of God existence.

He is incapable of critical thinking and will defend his Bronze Age zombie fantasy until he dies.

I am very much disappointed in the current religious beliefs of some beliefs. They believed in one thing and now they are starting to fix everything to fit the science. Is this taught the age-old teachings.
stats

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 09:54:30 AM

BSDecker is like a cornered animal.  Bites whenever he gets a chance.

He attacks anyone who tries to pop his bubble.  Don't take it personally.

He is very insecure and tries to stick to his half-backed, developed in the church basement 'proofs' of God existence.

He is incapable of critical thinking and will defend his Bronze Age zombie fantasy until he dies.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Ha ha ha ha ha  That is so true!
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 12:34:21 PM

Religion is the same as believing and accepting something, So if someones accepts and believes in the theories and scientific discoveries, I will say that the person regards Science as a religion. Darwinist believes in the theory of evolution which throws the Bible account of creation in doubt and thus the existence of GOD himself. Most atheist believes in science rather than GOD.
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2017, 03:46:53 PM

Religion is the same as believing and accepting something, So if someones accepts and believes in the theories and scientific discoveries, I will say that the person regards Science as a religion. Darwinist believes in the theory of evolution which throws the Bible account of creation in doubt and thus the existence of GOD himself. Most atheist believes in science rather than GOD.

You don't have to believe in scientific discoveries.  That is the difference between science and religion.

One is based on facts, the other is just wishful thinking.

allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2017, 04:06:18 PM

Science itself is based in only facts, yet, people themselves can and most certainly are treating many scientific topics like religion. Some are truly becoming fanatics in regards to certain topics. They use data to bend the truth and use pseudoscience to back up their arguments.

popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 04:41:55 PM

This is the problem..

Are you saying religion as in sky daddies and fairy tale books ?       or are you saying religiously meaning doing something everyday ?

Because if your saying science is a religion as if to say they do it everyday  THEN YOUR RIGHT  science can be religiously done everyday..

I religiously have a bet everyday 356 days a year     NBA MLB NHL NFL SOCCER HORSES      I even bet on xfactor Cheesy
and i have great faith in my bets Grin      and if my bets win i am happy and my faith as paid me off..

So you see how i can religiously do something and have faith..

Now i can religiously put my socks on everyday     so should i pray to my socks and make up stories how my magic socks made this world?..

So please stop making science to be something to do with fairy tales IT'S FACT.

And lets not get confused with the word religion..

So if someone wants to be a smart ass by saying science is a religion   then so is putting on your socks Wink..

popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 06:48:01 PM

my sock RELIGION..

I believe that a pair are going to be in the drawer .   And i have faith no holes in them or odd..

MY SOCK RELIGION Smiley

LETS PRAY TO MY STINKY SOCKS..
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 07:30:31 PM

Science theories   Lets explain them Wink

A theory is something some person thinks is a probable fact ..
SO THEY THINK?..
So we study this probable fact to see if this person is telling the truth..
Now because we study this probable fact   by accident many many true facts come out of the equation
because we studied this probable fact..

Sometimes the persons theories have brought many many inventions to this planet that have had nothing to do with what the theory he was looking for..  SCIENCE ..

Now the Fairy tale books..MANY MANY theories have been made by humans over god..
Yes they have been studied so much and still get studied .. 

Now not one good thing as been invented for mankind   and everything as been proven to be a lie.
The only invention it creates is CRAZY HUMANS  ..So experiment over..

Should of been over 1000 years ago But i suppose we can stop it in the 21st century..

ALL SKY DADDY THEORIES ARE PROVEN TO BE A LIE..
And even when studied it creates born liars and crazy backward people.

Now if people want to turn science into a religion just remember it's based on fact ..
No go making shit up   because if you do and it gets proved to be a lie your going to get abuse as a liar..   THE SCIENCE RELIGION Grin..

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 09:36:18 PM

This is the problem..

Are you saying religion as in sky daddies and fairy tale books ?       or are you saying religiously meaning doing something everyday ?

Because if your saying science is a religion as if to say they do it everyday  THEN YOUR RIGHT  science can be religiously done everyday..

I religiously have a bet everyday 356 days a year     NBA MLB NHL NFL SOCCER HORSES      I even bet on xfactor Cheesy
and i have great faith in my bets Grin      and if my bets win i am happy and my faith as paid me off..

Now i can religiously put my socks on everyday     so should i pray to my socks and make up stories how my magic socks made this world?..

So if someone wants to be a smart ass by saying science is a religion   then so is putting on your socks Wink..

The existence of science is fact.
Science fact is fact.
Science theory is not known to be fact.
People who believe science theory to be fact have science religion... even if they don't call it religion.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 10:50:29 PM

This is the problem..

Science fact is fact.
People who believe science theory to be fact have science religion... even if they don't call it religion.

Cool
No no no no Cry Cry Cry..

scientist don't call a theory fact     IT'S A THEORY     IT NEEDS TO BE STUDIED..
That's why it's a theory ..BECAUSE IT'S NOT FACT ..SO IT NEEDS TO BE STUDIED.

It's only you   saying a theory is fact Wink

A theory     Did a man make a women from his rib   after studying the theory   the answer is no
Now in the 21st century  . did a man make a women from his rib  the answer is your crazy

Is it impossible to make a women from a mans rib  ?..
With Science maybe not Hmm..

It may be possible to grow a women from a mans rib   in the future Wink..MAYBE?
                        ^
WOULD YOU ADAM AND EVE IT    < believe it  Cheesy

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 11:04:30 PM

This is the problem..

Science fact is fact.

Cool
No no no no Cry Cry Cry..

scientist don't call a theory fact     IT'S A THEORY     IT NEEDS TO BE STUDIED..
That's why it's a theory ..BECAUSE IT'S NOT FACT ..SO IT NEEDS TO BE STUDIED.

It's only you   saying a theory is fact Wink - Care to point out the place where I said that a theory is fact?

A theory     Did a man make a women from his rib   after studying the theory   the answer is no
Now in the 21st century  . did a man make a women from his rib  the answer is your crazy - And you are a bit on the bottle for even talking about it, right?

Is it impossible to make a women from a mans rib  ?..
With Science maybe not Hmm.. - And you are a bit on the bottle for even talking about it, right?

It may be possible to grow a women from a mans rib   in the future Wink..MAYBE?
                        ^
WOULD YOU ADAM AND EVE IT    < believe it  Cheesy

It must be some good stuff.    Cool

popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 12:53:09 AM

Did you or didn't you quote this below?..

And i said it's only you saying it ^^^^^^^^..

What scientist believes theory to be fact?   OR who are these people?..
I only hear you say it..

did a man make a women from his rib  the answer is your crazy ..
                                   ^
Does your bible say a women was made from a mans rib?..
So i am saying it's not possible BUT then thought we are in the 21st century and with science maybe it is possible Wink..
Start with your rib and 3d print the women using the rib to start the women off..
MAYBE  ?.. USE women's hormone treatment in the 3d printer to change the mans rib to a women's body

Doctors 3D-print 'living' body parts - BBC News
www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35581454
16 Feb 2016 - Custom-made, living body parts have been 3D-printed in an important ... The idea of placing individual human cells in a precise pattern to .

What about making a human from an APPLE ?  a eat apple Roll Eyes
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 07:30:02 AM

Did you or didn't you quote this below?..

And i said it's only you saying it ^^^^^^^^..
That's not what you said I said, above. Above you said that I said, "It's only you   saying a theory is fact." What you just said, here, doesn't show me saying that any kind of theory is fact.

What scientist believes theory to be fact?   OR who are these people?..
I only hear you say it..
If you go to this link https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html, and click some of the links, you will find NASA people saying that big bang theory is fact... or at least treating it as though it is. Also, from http://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/149892/is-the-big-bang-a-fact, "All we can say is that some scientists consider the Big Bang to be a fact because the evidence is overwhelming..." Research it, and you will find that a lot of people say that big bang theory is fact.

did a man make a women from his rib  the answer is your crazy ..
                                   ^
Does your bible say a women was made from a mans rib?..
What are you even talking about. Check the world over; even check the Bible. Nowhere in the world or in the Bible does it ever say that a man made a woman from his rib. Even talking like that, or asking a question like that, is a little crazy. Why do you say that? I never said it. You did.

So i am saying it's not possible BUT then thought we are in the 21st century and with science maybe it is possible Wink..
Start with your rib and 3d print the women using the rib to start the women off..
MAYBE  ?.. USE women's hormone treatment in the 3d printer to change the mans rib to a women's body
You are really going off the deep end here, aren't you? How nuts are you? It's almost laughable.

Doctors 3D-print 'living' body parts - BBC News
www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35581454
16 Feb 2016 - Custom-made, living body parts have been 3D-printed in an important ... The idea of placing individual human cells in a precise pattern to .
If a 3D printer prints body parts, they are artificial body parts. The parts are not alive although they might be inserted into living flesh, surgically.

What about making a human from an APPLE ?  a eat apple Roll Eyes

LOL!. What are you drinking?, anyway. Must be some good, strong stuff.

Cool

SamMurphy

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Bitcoin unionhead who's neglecting fiat :)

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 01:38:06 PM

Many people think that because they can explain with real stuff and math, the things are happening. They will be able to prove what they say or do, with real actions, maths and experiments. They don't there is magic, or something powerful like God etc, they think that everything we do have a very good explanation.
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 04:14:42 PM

Badecker  You don't understand science      to much bible classes have made you stupid..

Quote from: popcorn1 on Today at 12:53:09 AM
What about making a human from an APPLE ?  a eat apple

And i always say maybe. Theory is not fact  . study it   Grin.. DO YOU SAY MAYBE ABOUT GOD?..
A Theory a man could be made from an APPLE..
And guess what they can make body parts from an apple..

But what i say has TRUTH..Human made from an apple MAYBE ..What does it say below  ..

A promising way to grow body parts … using an apple | - TED Ideas
ideas.ted.com/a-promising-way-to-grow-body-parts-using-an-apple/
16 Feb 2016 - In his lab at the University of Ottawa, he’s even figured out how to use apples and human cells to make ears in a petri dish. ... Yes, the ears are made up of real, living human cells, but the material that gives them structure — the scaffolding — is apple cellulose.

Andrew Pelling: This scientist makes ears out of apples | TED Talk ...
Video for making a human from an apple▶ 7:05
https://www.ted.com/.../andrew_pelling_this_scientist_makes_ears_...
15 Jun 2016
Building on the cellulose structure that gives an apple its shape, he "grows" lifelike human ears, pioneering

I must get back to picking my bets out        so much sport on my head is spinning..

But been proved wrong again..Use the rib to start the human off..
Do it with an apple why not a rib  MAYBE..The science is there to do it Wink..

BUT YOUR BIBLE BOOKS DON'T DO JACK SHIT..

Harry potter a better read Grin
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 05:36:41 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2017, 09:35:34 PM by BADecker

Badecker  You don't understand science      to much bible classes have made you stupid..

What about making a human from an APPLE ?  a eat apple
Eating an apple is not making a human from an apple. It is nurishing a human who already exists. LOL!. What are you drinking?, anyway. Must be some good, strong stuff.

And i always say maybe. Theory is not fact  . study it   Grin.. DO YOU SAY MAYBE ABOUT GOD?..
Making a human from an apple is not theory. It isn't really even an idea, for anybody except you, that is.

God isn't theory. The proof that He exists is found here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737322.msg10718395#msg10718395
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1355109.msg14047133#msg14047133
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662153.40
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg16803380#msg16803380.
This doesn't mean that you will understand it.

But what i say has TRUTH..Human made from an apple MAYBE ..What does it say below  ..

16 Feb 2016 - In his lab at the University of Ottawa, he’s even figured out how to use apples and human cells to make ears in a petri dish. ... Yes, the ears are made up of real, living human cells, but the material that gives them structure — the scaffolding — is apple cellulose.
Okay. Now I see. You and the TED guy are using sort of figurative language. Just the same, it will take a lot more that cellulose from an apple to even grow body parts. And you certainly cannot make a human from an apple. However...

The Bible says that with God nothing is impossible. So, if God is with you, you just might be able to do it - make a human from an apple. But wouldn't it be a lot more fun simply getting together with someone of the opposite sex, and do it the normal way?

15 Jun 2016
Building on the cellulose structure that gives an apple its shape, he "grows" lifelike human ears, pioneering
A human ear is not a human. Even a whole human body is not entirely the human.

I must get back to picking my bets out        so much sport on my head is spinning..

Do it with an apple why not a rib  MAYBE..The science is there to do it Wink..

You are missing it all. Mankind is talking about manipulating some of the stuff that God put here. God made it all, and did a good job of it. Then man messed it up, and still hasn't stopped messing it up. Poor God. He tries to tell you about it in His Bible, and all you do is ridicule Him.

Cool

popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 08:02:24 PM

Badecker  You don't understand science      to much bible classes have made you stupid..

What about making a human from an APPLE ?  a eat apple
Eating an apple is not making a human from an apple. It is nurishing a human who already exists. LOL!. What are you drinking?, anyway. Must be some good, strong stuff.

And i always say maybe. Theory is not fact  . study it   Grin.. DO YOU SAY MAYBE ABOUT GOD?..
Making a human from an apple is not theory. It isn't really even an idea, for anybody except you, that is.

God isn't theory. The proof that He exists is found here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737322.msg10718395#msg10718395
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1355109.msg14047133#msg14047133
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662153.40
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg16803380#msg16803380.
This doesn't mean that you will understand it.

But what i say has TRUTH..Human made from an apple MAYBE ..What does it say below  ..

Okay. Now I see. You and the TED guy are using sort of figurative language. Just the same, it will take a lot more that cellulose from an apple to even grow body parts. And you certainly cannot make a human from an apple. However...

The Bible says that with God nothing is impossible. So, if God is with you, you just might be able to do it - make a human from an apple. But wouldn't it be a lot more fun simply getting together with someone of the opposite sex, and do it the normal way?

15 Jun 2016
A human ear is not a human. Even a whole human body is not entirely the human.

I must get back to picking my bets out        so much sport on my head is spinning..

Do it with an apple why not a rib  MAYBE..The science is there to do it Wink..

You are missing it all. Mankind is talking about manipulating some of the stuff that God put here. God made it all, and did a good job of it. Then man messed it up, and still hasn't stopped messing it up. Poor God. He tries to tell you about it in His Bible, and all you do is ridicule Him.

Cool
Ok what ever you say Smiley.< I have had my fun someone else can have ago to pass time Grin

Bye badecker have a nice weekend  Wink..You always come in handy to pass time Wink..

I never knew so much about religion till i met you on here ..
I don't even think god did Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy..<Joke before you say i do believe..

Now remember i could be god   i might be here to test your faith Wink Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: