Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:02:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is science a religion?  (Read 47397 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 09:12:05 PM

Science is not a religion. In classical belief systems, you accept without question. But science is based on experimentation and observation. Scientists are questioning. Scientific theories develop over time. But belief systems are not changed.

Science != Religion

I agree with you on part of science. Science is facts and hard evidance, so in sciend there is eithar truth or false answer. But religion is not blind belief, for some people that is. There are those who choose to be blind. But there is also questioning in religion, there is diferent understanding of same sentence. Religion is not something that you need to believe blindly, well that is what I think.

Sounds like belief in science theory. Science theory is something that is not known to be factual. Yet there is usually some fact behind it or within it somewhere. When someone believes that the theory is fact, in the face of not knowing it to be fact, and especially if he is adamant in expressing his "faith," he has a religion going for himself.

Cool

Ok I think I understand where you get the idea that science is religion.

Most scientists reject religions.  That is the only characteristic that is similar to a religion.  As most religions do not accept other religions.

There is no belief in the theories as you say.  The position is that based on the physical evidence, scientists theorize how the world might work.  Those theories can be right or wrong.  There are many theories that were wrong in the past and I am sure some of the present theories will be proven wrong.

If you want to call science a religion, I have no problem with that just make sure to call it religion of reason or rational religion.  And call all other religions religions of delusion or delusional religions.

A big difference.

Either way I am not sure why would someone want to call science a religion.  The scientific world view is not based on fiction. Religious one is.

Many scientists might SAY that they reject religion, but all you need to do is go through this NASA website to see that they don't - https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html. The simple thing that you can look for is all the links where they talk about big bang like it is fact. Since they don't know it is fact, they are making/have made a religion of believing in it.

Look at how long people have talked about the theory of relativity as though it were fact. We still don't know that it is fact, but people have talked for decades as though it is. This includes multitudes of scientists.

Science is a religion in the sense that many people are treating it that way.

Pure science is made up of facts. The FACT about science theories is that they are not known to be factual. But when we treat them as though they are factual, and when we live like they are factual, we have made a big religion out of science.

Because of all this, the scientific world view is based on fiction
. It is a religious world view.

Cool

You simply lack a basic understanding of the scientific theories you refer to.  The scientific theories are validated by DIRECT observations or have mathematical proofs.  Sometimes technology to validate theories
is behind the theoretical derivations.

The scientific theories are not based on fiction.  I think YOU think they are fiction.  The rest of the world thinks otherwise.

Who is delusional?

I'm telling you, you have been brainwashed.  One day you'll understand.  

Remember this post.  Remember I told you so.

The scientific theories are not based on fiction..
Theory once proved so becomes fact..Then no longer a theory it's fact..

A theory probable truth but not so..Proved to be so no longer a theory but fact Wink..

God was once a Theory many scientist have tried to prove the fact of god..
Then you got to ask the bible god?..Or a god i am making up?..
So after 5000 years or more we come to a conclusion that the theory of god is there is no god..

Now if you are saying something must of made all this WHO OR WHAT IS YOUR GODS NOW Roll Eyes..
Another theory..FUZZY BALL OF LIGHT..Pray to it mad bitches..
YES YOU ARE ..you need someone to bow to Cheesy..OH KISS MY FEET..

Many science theories are based on supposition. When a theory is proven to be a fact, it is a theory no longer.

Wait until you win the lottery before you go out and spend the money. Don't just theorize that you will win.

God was never a scientific theory. Rather, scientists didn't want God to exist, so they downplayed the fact of His existence, and tried to prove that He doesn't exist with science theories. They keep on doing this, but fail to acknowledge the science laws that show that God DOES exist:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737322.msg10718395#msg10718395
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1355109.msg14047133#msg14047133
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662153.40
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg16803380#msg16803380.

Actually, I am surprised that you don't fall down and worship yourself. After all, you are trying to set yourself up higher than God... God Who science proves exists.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 09:15:02 PM

??Now I am smilled like never before hehe little confused science a religion?You are funny person really very funny.No science isnt a religion ,science is science I mean science is which scientists like and they are doing things to discover more things about our world and all universe because it can be really useful for all humans which are not humaneaters or from other civilization which dont have nothing with modern world.Religion is like example christianity,jewish,budism,islam but science can only proof us that something exist.Science is connected with religion because it show us how things from Bibilia exist and it gives us more gifts from God.

But when scientists guess about things, they have a theory.
When their theory is believed even though it is guesswork, they have a religion.
Science is a religion for those who believe science theory to be true.

Cool
When their theory is believed..It's not believed until it's been proven so..
So bang goes your theory about theory..

Look through the sites listed here https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html to see how many times the authors state that big bang theory is fact. It isn't just a few. Yet big bang is still a theory.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 10:45:25 PM

??Now I am smilled like never before hehe little confused science a religion?You are funny person really very funny.No science isnt a religion ,science is science I mean science is which scientists like and they are doing things to discover more things about our world and all universe because it can be really useful for all humans which are not humaneaters or from other civilization which dont have nothing with modern world.Religion is like example christianity,jewish,budism,islam but science can only proof us that something exist.Science is connected with religion because it show us how things from Bibilia exist and it gives us more gifts from God.

When their theory is believed even though it is guesswork, they have a religion.

Cool

Look through the sites listed here https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html to see how many times the authors state that big bang theory is fact. It isn't just a few. Yet big bang is still a theory.

Cool

Of course that big bang is theory.
We can try to research creation but can't go beyond that.
We can't recreate time before creation, only creator can.
We are also created being, and only our creator, God, can answer all this questions to us.
But he already did, in Bible and other holy books Smiley

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 03:14:58 AM

Science is not a religion. In classical belief systems, you accept without question. But science is based on experimentation and observation. Scientists are questioning. Scientific theories develop over time. But belief systems are not changed.

Science != Religion

I agree with you on part of science. Science is facts and hard evidance, so in sciend there is eithar truth or false answer. But religion is not blind belief, for some people that is. There are those who choose to be blind. But there is also questioning in religion, there is diferent understanding of same sentence. Religion is not something that you need to believe blindly, well that is what I think.

Sounds like belief in science theory. Science theory is something that is not known to be factual. Yet there is usually some fact behind it or within it somewhere. When someone believes that the theory is fact, in the face of not knowing it to be fact, and especially if he is adamant in expressing his "faith," he has a religion going for himself.

Cool

Most scientists reject religions.  That is the only characteristic that is similar to a religion.  As most religions do not accept other religions.

There is no belief in the theories as you say.  The position is that based on the physical evidence, scientists theorize how the world might work.  Those theories can be right or wrong.  There are many theories that were wrong in the past and I am sure some of the present theories will be proven wrong.

If you want to call science a religion, I have no problem with that just make sure to call it religion of reason or rational religion.  And call all other religions religions of delusion or delusional religions.

A big difference.

Either way I am not sure why would someone want to call science a religion.  The scientific world view is not based on fiction. Religious one is.

Many scientists might SAY that they reject religion, but all you need to do is go through this NASA website to see that they don't - https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html. The simple thing that you can look for is all the links where they talk about big bang like it is fact. Since they don't know it is fact, they are making/have made a religion of believing in it.

Look at how long people have talked about the theory of relativity as though it were fact. We still don't know that it is fact, but people have talked for decades as though it is. This includes multitudes of scientists.

Pure science is made up of facts. The FACT about science theories is that they are not known to be factual. But when we treat them as though they are factual, and when we live like they are factual, we have made a big religion out of science.

Cool

You simply lack a basic understanding of the scientific theories you refer to.  The scientific theories are validated by DIRECT observations or have mathematical proofs.  Sometimes technology to validate theories

The scientific theories are not based on fiction.  I think YOU think they are fiction.  The rest of the world thinks otherwise.

Who is delusional?

A theory probable truth but not so..Proved to be so no longer a theory but fact Wink..

So after 5000 years or more we come to a conclusion that the theory of god is there is no god..

Now if you are saying something must of made all this WHO OR WHAT IS YOUR GODS NOW Roll Eyes..

Many science theories are based on supposition. When a theory is proven to be a fact, it is a theory no longer.

Wait until you win the lottery before you go out and spend the money. Don't just theorize that you will win.

God was never a scientific theory. Rather, scientists didn't want God to exist, so they downplayed the fact of His existence, and tried to prove that He doesn't exist with science theories. They keep on doing this, but fail to acknowledge the science laws that show that God DOES exist:

Actually, I am surprised that you don't fall down and worship yourself. After all, you are trying to set yourself up higher than God... God Who science proves exists.

Cool

Nothing to THEORIZE ..It's a fact someone wins Wink..
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 03:22:32 AM

Cool

Cool
How do we know it went BANG?..Some say sound cannot travel through space?..
It could be the big POP..The big buzzzzzzzzzz..The big poop..

That's why it's called the big bang theory  Wink..Even a show named after it..

Don't worry wont be long before we know Exactly what happens..SCIENCE Grin

The vibration of sound travelling through space might be different than the original sound?..
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 03:31:43 AM

Science != Religion

Cool

A big difference.

Cool

Who is delusional?

Cool

Nothing to THEORIZE ..It's a fact someone wins Wink..

And it is a tremendously greater fact that most won't win.    Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 03:34:24 AM

Cool

Cool
How do we know it went BANG?..Some say sound cannot travel through space?..
It could be the big POP..The big buzzzzzzzzzz..The big poop..

That's why it's called the big bang theory  Wink..Even a show named after it..

Don't worry wont be long before we know Exactly what happens..SCIENCE Grin

The vibration of sound travelling through space might be different than the original sound?..

That's why the Bible says that God SPOKE things into existence. He didn't bang them into existence. But... you are correct when you say that sound travels through space. It simply doesn't travel through space in the same way it travels through material.

Cool

popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 03:55:30 AM

Science != Religion

Cool

A big difference.

Cool

Who is delusional?

Cool
God was never a scientific theory..

As headlines go, it's certainly an eye-catching one. "Scientists Prove Existence of God," German daily Die Welt wrote last week.

But unsurprisingly, there is a rather significant caveat to that claim. In fact, what the researchers in question say they have actually proven is a theorem put forward by renowned Austrian mathematician Kurt Gödel -- and the real news isn't about a Supreme Being, but rather what can now be achieved in scientific fields using superior technology.

When Gödel died in 1978, he left behind a tantalizing theory based on principles of modal logic -- that a higher being must exist. The details of the mathematics involved in Gödel's ontological proof are complicated, but in essence the Austrian was arguing that, by definition, God is that for which no greater can be conceived. And while God exists in the understanding of the concept, we could conceive of him as greater if he existed in reality. Therefore, he must exist.

Renowned scientist, Michio Kaku, has released a video in which he claims to offer scientific proof for the existence of God.

Michio Kaku: Is God a Mathematician? - YouTube
Video for Michio Kaku video of god▶ 5:34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jremlZvNDuk
2 Jan 2013 - Uploaded by Big Think
Michio Kaku says that God could be a mathematician: "The mind of God we believe is cosmic music, the .

SEE EVEN SMART PEOPLE WITH DEGREES..Can be stupid Wink..
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 05:08:13 AM

As headlines go, it's certainly an eye-catching one. "Scientists Prove Existence of God," German daily Die Welt wrote last week.

But unsurprisingly, there is a rather significant caveat to that claim. In fact, what the researchers in question say they have actually proven is a theorem put forward by renowned Austrian mathematician Kurt Gödel -- and the real news isn't about a Supreme Being, but rather what can now be achieved in scientific fields using superior technology.

When Gödel died in 1978, he left behind a tantalizing theory based on principles of modal logic -- that a higher being must exist. The details of the mathematics involved in Gödel's ontological proof are complicated, but in essence the Austrian was arguing that, by definition, God is that for which no greater can be conceived. And while God exists in the understanding of the concept, we could conceive of him as greater if he existed in reality. Therefore, he must exist.

Renowned scientist, Michio Kaku, has released a video in which he claims to offer scientific proof for the existence of God.

Michio Kaku says that God could be a mathematician: "The mind of God we believe is cosmic music, the .

Such a long way around saying the simple thing, that you are stupid. I guess that is what stupid people do.

Tongue

bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 12:55:52 AM

Science is not religion. religion needs believe, and religion is scientific
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 01:23:57 AM

Do understand the science of big bang theory? Do you believe those who tell you about it? Science has believe. Science is religion.

Cool

BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2017, 11:13:24 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2017, 11:28:03 PM by BitcoinFX

- https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Epistemology

Logical discourse, the theory of knowledge, dictates that all knowledge is at best justified belief.

So, in reality, it is impossible to truly know anything.

Therefore, if Science = Knowledge and Religion = Belief

then where all knowledge is at best justified belief, yes that would make Science a Religion of Justified Belief.   Grin

P;
S believes that P;
if P were false, S would not believe that P;
if P is true, S will believe that P.

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 11:43:31 PM

Such a long way around saying the simple thing, that you are stupid. I guess that is what stupid people do.

Tongue
Stupid is as stupid does..And i don't pray Grin.
rchstr

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 03:23:29 AM

Do understand the science of big bang theory? Do you believe those who tell you about it? Science has believe. Science is religion.

Cool

thats what he is talking about. maybe you just dont understand what he or she trying to say. but you have only the same thought. science is a religion science need to believe and realigion also needs faith so you two just said that religion is science or vice versa. we need to understand each other so we could be productive.
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 06:07:21 PM

The way I see it, religion and science, faith and knowledge are two basic and essential aspects of the human spirit, which move in different planes, parallel or intersecting, but not mismatched. First I should note that there is no issue of contradiction or conflict between them. Religion and science are two great intellectual figures complementary and not mutually exclusive. These are two manifestations of the human spirit that move at different levels. They have autonomous areas of interest and research.
TicTacTic

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 06:12:58 PM

The way I see it, religion and science, faith and knowledge are two basic and essential aspects of the human spirit, which move in different planes, parallel or intersecting, but not mismatched. First I should note that there is no issue of contradiction or conflict between them. Religion and science are two great intellectual figures complementary and not mutually exclusive. These are two manifestations of the human spirit that move at different levels. They have autonomous areas of interest and research.
Any belief contrary to science. This is the reason that in science nothing is accepted on faith and prove his innocence by experience and discussion. And faith is built on authoritarian recognition of God without evidence.
teeneffigy

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 06:47:50 PM

Science doesn't have beliefs it has theories. Those are two different things.

Belief in God for Christians is a sure thing. In their hearts and minds the know that God exists no matter what evidence you provide to the contrary.

A Theory is an idea about how something works. Everyone in science knows its not fact but a possibility.

So you see, if a Christian or other deity worshiper believed in the big bang theory they would know its a fact and without a doubt in their mind its proof. While science knows its just a possibility of creation and probably the best idea there is thus far.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 07:27:07 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2017, 02:43:56 AM by BADecker

Belief in God for Christians is a sure thing. In their hearts and minds the know that God exists no matter what evidence you provide to the contrary.

A Theory is an idea about how something works. Everyone in science knows its not fact but a possibility.

So you see, if a Christian or other deity worshiper believed in the big bang theory they would know its a fact and without a doubt in their mind its proof. While science knows its just a possibility of creation and probably the best idea there is thus far.

When scientists or anyone else believe that the things expressed by science theories are reality and factual, they have a religion going for themselves. You can find lots of people who have turned science into a religion for themselves by  reading through the links on this page: https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html.

Of course, nobody knows for sure if these people believe the theories to be fact, or if they are simply liars when they treat the theories as though they were fact.

Cool

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 09:06:46 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2017, 09:17:33 PM by Buffer Overflow

Mmm, lets dig deeper here.

When scientists or anyone else believes that the things expressed by science theories are reality and factual, they have a religion going for themselves.
Cool
So here your saying religion is a belief or set of beliefs that cannot be proved to be factual, right? That's your definition of religion.

Of course, nobody knows for sure if these people believe the theories to be fact, or if they are simply liars when they treat the theories as though they were fact.

Cool
Now your saying that people that treat theories as fact are liars, so the same rule must apply to religious people that treat their beliefs as fact, right? Stand to reason.

Since you treat Christian mythology as factual, that means by your logic, you're a liar.
To make matters worse, as we both know, theories are superior to mythology as theories are based on observations and experiments and mythology is based on blind wishful thinking, blind guess work and not forgetting a dollop of pseudoscience to keep the scientifically illiterate happy.

Your words, not mine.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 09:21:20 PM

When scientists or anyone else believes that the things expressed by science theories are reality and factual, they have a religion going for themselves. You can find lots of people who have turned science into a religion for themselves by  reading through the links on this page: https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html.

Cool
Science theories are not believed until proven SO Grin..So stop making things up BADLOGIC..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: