Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:14:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is science a religion?  (Read 47397 times)
Nebucadnezzar

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:01:38 PM

For me... Until the beginning of Atheism all scientists believe in God. They jst want to understand Gods creation. Today its not different. The more we understand, we more clearly see, that we dont understand the most things. Having an open Mind for the possibility of a creation helps us to understand some phaenomenals. That Science and believe in God is sepreated is an old understanding of how science work for me. In the past the Church was hardly prisoners of thier own Dogmas and understanding how reality would work. To hold the state of the art they tried everything to deny scientific results. Thats why the seperation happend.
Newton for Example worte more books about the bible than about science.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:20:30 PM

Science can't be a religion, it is a subject where you find knowledge about how everything around us works. You can believe in science while also believing in God like the big bang theory which can be caused by God himself. Science revolves around on what data you have gathered to serve as a proof to prove that something is real or fake whilst in religion it is more on morals, faith, and believing on a certain thing that doesn't even have proof of existence.

From the definition of religion at http://www.dictionary.com/browse/religion?s=t:
1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:
the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.

3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices:
a world council of religions.

4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.:
to enter religion.

5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.

6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience:
to make a religion of fighting prejudice.

When you look at the definition, above, a whole lot of it applies to science, and especially scientists who are deeply devoted to their pet science. They are religious in what they are doing with their science.

If you talk about believing science theory, then science really becomes religion. Why? Because science theory is not known to be factual. How do we know it is not known to be factual? Because science theory can be developed that opposes other science theory. If science theory were fact in general, but you had two opposing science theories about a hypothesis, how can they be factual? One or both of them must be untrue.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Eia Eia Alala

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:41:17 PM

Theoretically, not at all: science is based on demonstrable facts.
But in a lot of cases, scientist are as rigid and fondamentalist as zealotis.
Magnum Cryptopus

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:26:12 PM

Theoretically, not at all: science is based on demonstrable facts.
But in a lot of cases, scientist are as rigid and fondamentalist as zealotis.

Yes; moreover, in a lot of cases scientist are "ideologically sensible" and can demonstrate anything if they are kind of believers.
iyah09

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:18:28 AM

of course not science is not a religion because science is a study of nature and behavior and religion is worship to god
SamPo

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:55:08 AM

While many in main stream science claim to be atheist and believe in the Big Bang and the eventual Deep Freeze due to entropy. Is it not curious to consider that the very underpinnings of this belief is based on mathematics, was it too created in the big bang? if so how was it constructed? one digit at a time?

I think not it has always been there and will always remain its an eternal masterpiece that permeates every conceivable facet or reality yet in its self it is purely abstract. Without it nothing would exist, but it in itself it is nonexistent and existent at the same time. It is the language of the living universe. Its permutations are infinite, yet it did not grow, it has always been complete and eternal.         

How big is your consciousness and what shape does it have?

No. It is not a religion. Science is something that goes through many stage of experimentation while religion depends on the drive of faith and not through studies. We may say that science was base a logical understanding while religion was base on bible.
muging28

Activity: 64

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:34:11 AM

While many in main stream science claim to be atheist and believe in the Big Bang and the eventual Deep Freeze due to entropy. Is it not curious to consider that the very underpinnings of this belief is based on mathematics, was it too created in the big bang? if so how was it constructed? one digit at a time?

I think not it has always been there and will always remain its an eternal masterpiece that permeates every conceivable facet or reality yet in its self it is purely abstract. Without it nothing would exist, but it in itself it is nonexistent and existent at the same time. It is the language of the living universe. Its permutations are infinite, yet it did not grow, it has always been complete and eternal.         
what is science a religion in my opinion in my understanding of science is a history and never become science a religion because the use of religion to God because the science is speaking this essence in history life story up so it called to science because  of what is happening in the world and the religion of God
snkneo

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:05:40 AM

Why is it that so many religious people hate science? What is it about science that makes those people hate it?
MostHigh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:26:07 AM

i classify myself as a scientist and i have been involved in numerous science fields but my simple assertion is that science is not a religion it a life style of decoding. Why do i say decoding, i say this because from quantum physics to blackholes and all the sophsticated parts of science there is only one underlying factor and that is systems. I believe the creature is a master of systems. I choose to call it orderliness others call it mathematics. Science is simply trying to understand the mathematics of creation and this confirm because there is no uncertainty just that we have not yet been able to uncover or decode it
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:39:26 AM

I don't think so. For me, Science is still a subject whereby everything inside it's scope would always have logical reasons and explanations, otherwise it is not considered to be valid or true. Religion has a different meaning, it is more striking to the soul and heart of mankind rather than their brain, which is Science for. It is more of a study.
jekyde

Activity: 252
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:08:54 PM

It is not because science changes and i never see a religion changes. most closest one born 1500 years ago other 2000 years ago and they say it for this time and they try to make same things but science changs quickly if u prove it. Newton physicial formula, einsteins physicial formula, quantum formula they are regulative.
Guryon_master

Activity: 384
Merit: 12

Student Coin

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:37:52 PM

Science Is the study of truth or about fact, many were discovered, and things to be descover, and also alot of technology were invented.Science helps the world become more realistic and giving it the bright future. So it is very clear how science is useful to humanity. While religion decides people, become the reason of war in the history, its all about myth, and some religious leader use it as a way of getting money for their own. By this it is clear that science is not a religion but a helper the truth to discover it and be revealed  to humanity.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens ♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram◂[/center
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:45:24 AM

Science, in and of itself, isn't a religion. It's when people work at it religiously that it becomes a religion for them, just like anything else people work at religiously.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
_SENA_

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:11:24 AM

Science is not a religion ....every science has ecplanation while religion is just beliefs and superstition and just theory and theres no science behind religion.
Anjazvatoni4

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:31:59 AM

my opinion.
science is not a religion,
But what is discussed in science, including the nature or true knowledge that we have not realized already exists in this world.
If religion is the belief that god exists, and the creator of the world and its contents.
Religion is real, science is an uncertain knowledge and still in prophecy. Grin
randal9

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:01:26 PM

it seems to me that sometimes the line between religion, teaching and science becomes very subtle...the main thing is that there should not be fanaticism here, but it is present in many spheres of life...but we need to remember that we don't need to impose our opinion on other people
PandoraTV

Activity: 57

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:09:03 PM

Good science is not a religion, but bad science often turns into a religion. We just have to better define what is bad science.
MadGod11

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:15:42 PM

Religion is not science and neither science is religion, they are both completing each other, religion contains truths and facts that must be analysed and examined by science to reveal the mystery and the mystic of life.
we cant keep separating religion and science although their different basics and sources. 
mozartopfer

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:34:47 PM

It is if you understand religion as a people's belief in something that doesn't have any ground under itself. Science has their hypotheses, it always defines its field and its objects. Afterwards it believes that everything from this defined field can be extrapolated on every other phenomenon in the world. That is why science is a religion. One should believe in it in order to do science.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:47:06 PM

In science its all about facts and seeking knowledge, and it cant be termed a religion but with religion, its all about faith and a worship of a deity cant be seen just that they have hope that HE exists.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: