Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:43:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is science a religion?  (Read 47397 times)
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 06:30:34 PM

As long as science keeps on making up these fantastic theories, and then believing them to be true without proof, and barely any evidence, they are pushing science into the realm of strong religion.

Cool
Well this is a refreshing change. At least your admitting that a strong religion like Christianity is based upon no proof and barely any evidence.

Maybe we're managing to pry those tightly shut eyes of yours open at long last. Just a tad mind, but least it's a start.  Well done! Smiley

Well, thank you, again, for showing us that you can't read, and that you don't really know very much. But, that is like most of us, isn't it? At least until we learn. Why don't you learn?

The fact that the universe operates through cause and effect, and the fact that it is very complex, and the fact that we find nothing other than universal entropy... these three universal facts prove that God exists. If God didn't exist, one or more of these three facts would have to be non-existent, as well.
Oh, so one minute your saying science has fantastic theories without proof and barely any evidence, now in your next post your saying science proves God as fact.  Make up your mind.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

That's the problem, when someone starts believing a crazy mixed up book, they themselves start getting crazy and mixed up in the head too. And the deeper they're into this book, the more mixed up they get.  You're very mixed up.  Smiley

But I do want to thank you. The more you prompt me to say this, the more opportunity people have to see and to start to understand.

My question is, do you understand?
Cool
Oh, yes I understand exactly what your trying to do. Don't worry about that, I can read you like a book.

Well, spell it out simply, the thing that you understand, and what you read in me the "book," so that everyone can understand.

Cool
It's now beyond any resonable doubt to everybody on here your not interested in God or the truth. That's quite clear. Absolutely no interest what-so-ever.
You are however very keen in attempting to deceive us by sucking us into your religious cult and worshipping your extremely obvious false god.

Jesus was God as well as man.
Assumption.

Jesus-God spoke the universe into being.
Assumption.

Moses and the other prophets of the Bible were told by God spiritually what to write.
Assumption.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tusk (OP)

Activity: 444
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 06:43:07 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2016, 06:58:01 PM by Tusk

Caesar's Messiah, Christianity and Mind Control with Joe Atwill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNtF1-Y-JJM&list=PLt3Pke412qVfwwdCHRjc2l7h13hDJhPgD&index=2

When you can control a narrative you can conjure into existence a "god" to parasite the gullible  

From the ashes rises the Phoenix. Viva the block chain, Viva BitCoin!
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1368

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 07:13:26 PM

we can base our religion on faith in what God tells us.

What has "God" ever said, I have a problem when the Universe is personified into "God". Gods are all figments of our own and collective imagination. No God has ever uttered a word.

Moses and the other prophets of the Bible were told by God spiritually what to write.

When a person doesn't know the history of the Bible and the nation of Israel, it is easy for him to think that God hasn't spoken through these people. But those who have studied the Bible and how it came into being, along with the nation of Israel and its history, realize that these things couldn't have come into being without God making them to exist.

Cool

On whose authority are any "prophets" given that status?

On the authority of God, working through Moses, to do miracles through Moses, which destroyed the people of Israel who didn't do what Moses said.

The orders that Moses gave for future prophets said, that if what the prophet said didn't come to pass essentially every time he prophesied something, he was not a prophet of God. Many so-called prophets died at the hands of the people of Israel who realized that the prophet was a false prophet by the fact that the things he said didn't come true.

Saint Paul in New Testament times did a few miracles that showed he had the power. Some of the miracles were against bad people. That's what it is all about. The power.

Check the history of the Bible and Israel in detail to see that the Bible has the power.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 07:15:13 PM

As long as science keeps on making up these fantastic theories, and then believing them to be true without proof, and barely any evidence, they are pushing science into the realm of strong religion.

Cool
Well this is a refreshing change. At least your admitting that a strong religion like Christianity is based upon no proof and barely any evidence.

Maybe we're managing to pry those tightly shut eyes of yours open at long last. Just a tad mind, but least it's a start.  Well done! Smiley

Well, thank you, again, for showing us that you can't read, and that you don't really know very much. But, that is like most of us, isn't it? At least until we learn. Why don't you learn?

The fact that the universe operates through cause and effect, and the fact that it is very complex, and the fact that we find nothing other than universal entropy... these three universal facts prove that God exists. If God didn't exist, one or more of these three facts would have to be non-existent, as well.
Oh, so one minute your saying science has fantastic theories without proof and barely any evidence, now in your next post your saying science proves God as fact.  Make up your mind.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

That's the problem, when someone starts believing a crazy mixed up book, they themselves start getting crazy and mixed up in the head too. And the deeper they're into this book, the more mixed up they get.  You're very mixed up.  Smiley

But I do want to thank you. The more you prompt me to say this, the more opportunity people have to see and to start to understand.

My question is, do you understand?
Cool
Oh, yes I understand exactly what your trying to do. Don't worry about that, I can read you like a book.

Well, spell it out simply, the thing that you understand, and what you read in me the "book," so that everyone can understand.

Cool
It's now beyond any resonable doubt to everybody on here your not interested in God or the truth. That's quite clear. Absolutely no interest what-so-ever.
You are however very keen in attempting to deceive us by sucking us into your religious cult and worshipping your extremely obvious false god.

Assumption.

Assumption.

Assumption.

Oh, you and all your silly assumptions about the facts that I offer.     Cheesy

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 07:16:43 PM

Caesar's Messiah, Christianity and Mind Control with Joe Atwill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNtF1-Y-JJM&list=PLt3Pke412qVfwwdCHRjc2l7h13hDJhPgD&index=2

When you can control a narrative you can conjure into existence a "god" to parasite the gullible  

And when you die, you lose control of your narrative.    Cool

Tusk (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 07:38:23 PM

What has "God" ever said, I have a problem when the Universe is personified into "God". Gods are all figments of our own and collective imagination. No God has ever uttered a word.

When a person doesn't know the history of the Bible and the nation of Israel, it is easy for him to think that God hasn't spoken through these people. But those who have studied the Bible and how it came into being, along with the nation of Israel and its history, realize that these things couldn't have come into being without God making them to exist.

Cool

On the authority of God, working through Moses, to do miracles through Moses, which destroyed the people of Israel who didn't do what Moses said.

The orders that Moses gave for future prophets said, that if what the prophet said didn't come to pass essentially every time he prophesied something, he was not a prophet of God. Many so-called prophets died at the hands of the people of Israel who realized that the prophet was a false prophet by the fact that the things he said didn't come true.

Saint Paul in New Testament times did a few miracles that showed he had the power. Some of the miracles were against bad people. That's what it is all about. The power.

Check the history of the Bible and Israel in detail to see that the Bible has the power.

Cool

Answer the question: -

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 07:49:29 PM

Cool

Cool

Doesn't seem to do any good to answer the question. You don't read the answer. I am responding with this post, in case I didn't understand what you were saying, or if you were saying it to me. Ah, please clarify what you mean... if you want.

Cool

Tusk (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 07:58:27 PM

Cool

Cool

Doesn't seem to do any good to answer the question. You don't read the answer. I am responding with this post, in case I didn't understand what you were saying, or if you were saying it to me. Ah, please clarify what you mean... if you want.

Cool

Identify the authority by which "prophets" are given that status, that is who you are serving. All prophets get their authority from other humans.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 08:08:27 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Identify the authority by which "prophets" are given that status, that is who you are serving. All prophets get their authority from other humans.

Okay. I'll say it real simple. The prophets of God are given authority by God.

If a prophet is not given authority by God, he is not a prophet of God.

There are multitudes of prophets around. Look at all the financial gurus who try to predict what will happen in the money markets. Some of these prophets are appointed by other people. Some of them appoint themselves.

Is that what you were looking for?

Cool

Tusk (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 08:12:48 PM

There are multitudes of prophets around. Look at all the financial gurus who try to predict what will happen in the money markets. Some of these prophets are appointed by other people. Some of them appoint themselves.

Cool

How did "god" give them that authority, show it to me please.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 08:21:43 PM

Cool

Well, I can't show you how God gave and gives His prophets authority. The best I can do is tell you how to find out about it. The way you find out about it is to read the whole Bible. Read it in a modern translation of it in your "best" language. If that isn't enough, study how the Bible came into being, and all about the nation of Israel from its first beginnings.

Cool

Tusk (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 08:28:57 PM

Cool

Well, I can't show you how God gave and gives His prophets authority. The best I can do is tell you how to find out about it. The way you find out about it is to read the whole Bible. Read it in a modern translation of it in your "best" language. If that isn't enough, study how the Bible came into being, and all about the nation of Israel from its first beginnings.

Cool

All religious texts have been written by men. All prophets and gods are made by men. The truth is to recognize that we are all "prophets" of our own destiny:- what we believe in influences our future.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 08:43:15 PM

Cool

Cool

All religious texts have been written by men. All prophets and gods are made by men. The truth is to recognize that we are all "prophets" of our own destiny:- what we believe in influences our future.

I would agree if you had said, regarding gods, "many" or "most."

The laws of science might be false, and it may be proven to be false sometime. For example, the simple law of gravity is true. We all see the evidence, and there is no evidence that it is lacking somewhere that we know of for a fact. But it just might be proven that gravity is something else sometime, like inertia in an expanding universe that is accelerating in its expansion. So far, not, though.

The laws of cause and effect, complex universe, and universal entropy show that God exists when combined. Whatever and Whoever God is, He exists, and that without mankind.

When the scientific laws can be proven false, then we might be able to say that God doesn't exist from a scientific standpoint.

Cool

Tusk (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 05:14:28 AM

Cool

Cool

I would agree if you had said, regarding gods, "many" or "most."

The laws of science might be false, and it may be proven to be false sometime. For example, the simple law of gravity is true. We all see the evidence, and there is no evidence that it is lacking somewhere that we know of for a fact. But it just might be proven that gravity is something else sometime, like inertia in an expanding universe that is accelerating in its expansion. So far, not, though.

The laws of cause and effect, complex universe, and universal entropy show that God exists when combined. Whatever and Whoever God is, He exists, and that without mankind.

When the scientific laws can be proven false, then we might be able to say that God doesn't exist from a scientific standpoint.

Cool

The word "god" is loaded with dogma and political baggage, The there is no evidence that the universe is benevolent or that it shows any bias or favor to any ideology. I simply recognize that the universe is alive and that we are a living part of it,  the external operating protocol of our reality is completely devoid of emotion or bias; we engage it through the interface of our five senses and process it with an emotional processor. Our self awareness affords us the ability to develop an operating system of our choosing with the bias of our environment.

We all exist in unique time and space, this affords us a unique perspective, this is the mystery and privilege of life, blindly following the perspective of others makes you their slave, diminishes you appreciation and experience of it. 

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 05:41:52 AM

Science is not a religion - science is a religion killer .
Scientists always trying to dispel the all myths about God so i don't think that science is religion.

I dont think that is the point of science. Science with evidence and patience to process a research. Science gave us infos about ancent civilizations and even dinosaur which i think we didnt know from chruch books.

It's not to contradict but religion focuses on miracles. Which is hard to see.

Feel free to comment.

Agreed, Science is an source which provides us the history of each and everything happening around the world. As mentioned science can be experimented but religious is truly on belief and miracles which can't be proved but only the left behind objects one has faith on religion.

What?!

Science barely explains anything around the world. And when it explains anything in detail, it gets so complicated and convoluted that nobody can understand what it is saying.

Cool

Religion explains everything about the world. And it describes nothing in any detail that anyone can understand, so important religious books can be interpreted different by different scholars -- leading to radically different explanations of how the world works.

Science may not explain everything, but at least it is internally consistent.

No, religion doesn't explain everything about the world. For example. Show me where Christianity talks directly about that one weed growing between the cracks in the pavement outside your apartment. No explanation exists about that weed in the Christian religion. A broad generalization might exist, wherein the weed might or might not exist. But religion falls far short of explaining everything about the world. Why does it fall far short? Because that isn't what religion is there for.

Science is there to explain everything about the world. But it does not. Science is not internally consistent. For example. There are 3 major Big Bang theories that are all different. There are 4 Black Hole theories that are distinctively different. There are scientists who understand that none of these have been proven to be fact. There are other scientists, some of which believe in each theory. There are still other scientists that believe the theories aren't true, but that something like them is true.

Science is picky in the detail area. Because of this, when it doesn't find all the details, it is almost useless.

Religion covers the broad generalities. Religion is better than science, because religion shows all sorts of things that science will never be able to show, because of the complexity of nature, the universe, and life. That's the reason why many scientists have turned science into a religion for themselves, by believing in parts of it that have not been proven to be fact.

Just like other religion, scientists have turned science into religion, hopeful and believing that parts of science are true, when in reality these parts have not been proven to be true... just like religion.

Cool

Of course religion explains everything about the world.

Your example: "about that one weed growing between the cracks in the pavement outside your apartment" -- the answer is of course "God". In fact, you've shown us that the answer for any question for which you don't know a well-defined answer has -- so far on this board --  always been "God".

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
davis196

Activity: 2954
Merit: 906

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 06:34:49 AM

Science is better than any religion.
Religions are based on lies. Angry

images

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:09:53 AM

Moreover science is based on facts and religion is based on miracles.
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 11:00:28 AM

You too might be a follower of a particular religion, but it happened from your ancestors, likewise science which you follow is purely from the research an innovations created by your ancestors. so each has a connection and both are truth. If you examine sometimes you feel science to be a lie.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Tusk (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 11:12:49 AM

Agreed science theory is mostly based on mathematical patters, how we intemperate the patterns can be very subjective.

xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 11:24:48 AM

i think science and religion is two separate things cant be combine together, science cant make miracle but the religion can
so for me science is science, religion is a religion they are two different things

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: