Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:49:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is it possible to hack your bitcoin from your wallet?  (Read 14269 times)
CasioK

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 06:54:19 AM

it possible to hack your bitcoin from your wallet?

yes! the hacker can get your Bitcoin from your wallet,
perhaps they can copy your key, so be very careful to getting away with it.
for them not to get rich at once. Undecided
right, like a The DAO cases get attacked by a hacker and $60 million is stolen. a hacker can steal your bitcoin from some ways they can try. an old method using malware to stole your data,account,and password and for expert hacker exactly the DAO cases using code to infiltrate in your wallet.
You need to run your Virus scanner Weekly or Daily if possible, to avoid virus and malware and get them out of your PC.
Use Linux it has the most invulnerable security in my opinion alternatively it is the most unexploited OS from hacker.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ITVS

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 06:30:38 PM

Yes it is possible if you have a virus already in the pc you are using which have a key logger in it and with that they can get all info on what wallet you are using and what is your password,its safe if you have a 2FA which will need a mobile phone authentication before you can withdraw your money.

So my wallet has 2FA with a mobile. If that is the case how could somebody work out my private key?
Thanks
Nowl1935

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 05:38:02 PM

Just come it to my mind. is it possible? to get hook into your wallet and send some to another wallet? Undecided

Yes it is very possible that your wallet Will be hack by someone. Now a days there's a lot of hackers so its better to secure your wallet ever now and then.  You can put a google authentication on in so that it can be easily to hack by someone..
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 05:51:50 PM

Just come it to my mind. is it possible? to get hook into your wallet and send some to another wallet? Undecided

Yes it is very possible that your wallet Will be hack by someone. Now a days there's a lot of hackers so its better to secure your wallet ever now and then.  You can put a google authentication on in so that it can be easily to hack by someone..

You should listen to this guy advice, it is very possible that your bitcoin can be hacked from  your  wallet and move it somehwere.  I have  read someone unable to setup his 2fa security in his account in an exchange has been  hacked.   Losing all his bitcoin and altcoin.  So setting up 2fa is a must.  You  must be careful on clicking online links too, it might contain a malware that can hack your system and get your btc.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 06:05:33 PM

the answer is simpally no because bitcoin does not really is in your wallet it is just your private key is accessed by your wallet and you are managing the balance into that private key and if you do not even had access to the private key then there is no possible way to hack the bitcoin from the direct bitcoin network
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 06:13:49 PM

the answer is simpally no because bitcoin does not really is in your wallet it is just your private key is accessed by your wallet and you are managing the balance into that private key and if you do not even had access to the private key then there is no possible way to hack the bitcoin from the direct bitcoin network
If you have 2fa i think its hard to hack your wallet but if there is not 2fa they can be still bruteforcing your account to get your bitcoins or hack your account..  for hackers everything is possible.
jonahmarieaton101

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 12:50:25 PM

In my opinion, yes! It is possible that someone will hack your btc wallet. So better to keep as safe as you can. Thats the possible way to do.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 02:38:22 PM

I know some cases that people have lost their Bitcoins from wallets because someone has the unauthorized access to it. Sometimes people are just not careful enough and they don't secure their wallets or they pick some malware. Anyway it is good to use multiple wallets.

malaj
SmartIphone
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 03:02:14 PM

I'm not aware of what kind of wallet are you using but if you use a wallet that has 2FA integrated then it's better.
So if the hacker has access to your pc then he can't transfer any amount because the code from 2FA is required.
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 04:36:09 PM

I'm not aware of what kind of wallet are you using but if you use a wallet that has 2FA integrated then it's better.
So if the hacker has access to your pc then he can't transfer any amount because the code from 2FA is required.
to bad if his second method of verification is mail or if he receives his mobile messages also on his computer.
in general the answer depends on his definition of wallet and hack. but in most cases the answer is yes.

veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 07:32:03 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2016, 10:48:35 AM by veleten

it is possible to hack anything as long as there is  human factor involved
the system itself can be as safe and tamper proof as possible,we all know how resistant sha256 is
BUT the owner of the wallet can be social engineered and his password stolen,he could print his private key out and carry it in his pocket only to lose it somewhere in a pub Smiley,his computer may get compromised,he can have a simple pass which can be bruteforced in a matter of hours if not minutes etc.
blockchain technology in itself is as secure as it can be,humans are the weakest link here

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 09:09:13 AM

Yes this is possible that bitcoin can be hacked from your wallet.
Be ensure that your password contains difficulty to hacked by
someone. Be careful on other website that you clicked on, that
might leads to pishing site that you often visits. And, I suggest that you used
2FA on your wallet for security purposes.
dharkmadder

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 01:57:10 PM

Of course it is possible IF you have a malware/trojan in your device and if that's the case then you CC details as well as PayPal would also be compromised, If your computer is secure and you are running a normal PC wallet then no is the answer, Bitcoins are not accessible remotely if your PC is secure.

groll

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 02:05:02 PM

For me it is not possible.  We have different bitcoin wallet addresses and it is not possible to just take bitcoins from our wallet just like that.  And I have read before that our bitcoin address was really hard to hack.  Maybe if you are a genious one with all the expertise and skills in coding and programming maybe it could be possible.  But I do not think that Satoshi did not think about bitcoin security.  I believe in him and I know that our bitcoin is unhackable.
Selly Arumsari

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 07:43:28 AM

I think Impossible but another people know your private key is possible happened
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 11:38:26 AM

For me it is not possible.  We have different bitcoin wallet addresses and it is not possible to just take bitcoins from our wallet just like that.  And I have read before that our bitcoin address was really hard to hack.  Maybe if you are a genious one with all the expertise and skills in coding and programming maybe it could be possible.  But I do not think that Satoshi did not think about bitcoin security.  I believe in him and I know that our bitcoin is unhackable.

I agree, it can only be hack with the carelessness of the owner of bitcoin wallet. Even if he secure his wallet properly but his email on that wallet is not that secured his wallet can still be hacked. So we must secure also our emails not just bitcoin wallets to make it more harder to be hacked by someone. And also don't give info to anyone about it.
triasel

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 04:28:40 PM

i think is impossible if you use strong security example 2FA
and don't say your password to everyone..
xdrpx

Activity: 616
Merit: 603

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 04:39:03 PM

Any attacker having access to your system either through OS vulnerabilities, Phishing attempts for web wallets, malware that target Bitcoin wallets or altcoin wallets or Keyloggers can easily have access to your wallets. It's necessary that you isolate or cold store a large portion of your Bitcoins and only keep a small portion in a wallet that has internet access that you can afford to lose incase of uncertainty or theft.
wahb

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 06:39:02 PM

yes i think it is possible and that is one of the most serious problem that we are facing in current days, as there are lot of experience in history.
johnnyyash

Activity: 334

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 07:10:09 PM

No it is not possible to hack bitcoins, or to use some technique so that withdraw bitcoin from someone account/wallet without any access to their account.
But if hack someones wallet. then you can transact bitcoins from their wallet to your own.

sure i truly agree with u....you are on point..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: