Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:34:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dash: The Future Internet Of Money?  (Read 15508 times)
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 12:41:19 PM

Did you pull those numbers from the second or third shelf of your ass?

Evan hasn't disclosed the precise numbers, but has already made official statements indicating he knows the numbers as I explained upthread when I analyzed his latest official explanation.

We have very strong evidence to believe the Dash insiders have an order-of-magnitude times more percentage of the money supply than Satoshi, and worse yet an ongoing scam to print more coins for themselves.

We also have strong evidence to believe you are full of bullocks .. for some time now. Easily verifyable through your posting history.
So, an ongoing scam to print more coins for themselves huh ? Yeah, lets just forget that each active masternode contributes to a stronger network,
is essential for darksend mixing / locking transactions / arranging instantx / voting over budget proposals and lets just emphasize the ongoing scam to print more coins part.

Nice strategy. That will work for sure.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 12:51:07 PM

Hey, Qwizzie, what's the percentage of dash mined in the first 24 hours? Come on, I know you know the answer--

It's not like you'll die if you write it, right? Maybe acknowledging the truth will kill you--I'm guessing it will set you free of having to manipulate the truth away--again and again and again...

They're just numbers, and remember, it was you who brought up the comparison.

How many XMR were mined in the first 24 hours?

How many BTC were mined in the first 24 hours?

How many dash were mined in the first 24 hours?

TreasureSeeker

Activity: 455
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 12:57:43 PM

The top 100 Dash addresses share only 17.87% of the current total Dash in existence.

This is less than any of the major coins:  
Less than Bitcoin 19.4%
Less than Litecoin 49.05%  
Less than Dogecoin 52.52%
Less than Peercoin 60.91%
Less than Namecoin 71.81%

In fact less than any of the main coins listed on the independent site https://bitinfocharts.com/

So anyone wailing about the so-called instamine or unfairness in distribution is just trash-talking and can be safely ignored.  Dash is very nicely distributed thank you very much.  

Fun & Friendly p2pool Mining at TreasureQuarry.  Litecoin http://litecoin.treasurequarry.com:9327 Dash p2pool  http://dash.treasurequarry.com:7903
stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 12:58:43 PM

Hey, Qwizzie, what's the percentage of dash mined in the first 24 hours? Come on, I know you know the answer--

It's not like you'll die if you write it, right? Maybe acknowledging the truth will kill you--I'm guessing it will set you free of having to manipulate the truth away--again and again and again...

They're just numbers, and remember, it was you who brought up the comparison.

How many XMR were mined in the first 24 hours?

How many BTC were mined in the first 24 hours?

How many dash were mined in the first 24 hours?

4: Who gives a shit?

Wasn't there a vote on this somewhere? Iirc shits given was less than 20% even will the full faith and credit of the trolls army of sockpuppets dedicating their shits to it.

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 01:05:42 PM

i wish people would stop putting my first letter of my name in upper case, i like my name in lower case thank you very much.  Sad

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 01:08:46 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2016, 01:39:26 PM by generalizethis

Look at the dashtards scramble.

Who cares? Well, whoever created the dash ANN cares (not to admit it, and go out of their way to say, "no premine, fairly and transparently launched" And here comes the circuitous "but it wasn't a premine...." which I reply with "Yes, you semantically playing moron, it was technically an instamine or fastmine which has an equivalent bad result--and you know it or you wouldn't hide it in your media."

Lots of wallets...proves there are lots of wallets (nothing else)--unless you own all of them, you can't discern who owns what, duh.

Where's Qwizzie with the answer to my simple questions? ...Wait there he is complaining (stalling-for-page-change) about me capping his name. If he liked (or was proud of) the answer, he wouldn't care how I spelled his name.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 01:10:57 PM

Look at the dashtards scramble.

Who cares? Well, whoever created the dash ANN cares (not to admit it, and go out of their way to say, "no premine, fairly and transparently launched" And here comes the circuitous "but it wasn't a premine...." which I reply with "Yes, you semantically playing moron, it was technically an instamine or fastmine which has an equivalent bad result--and you know it or you wouldn't hide it in your media.

Lots of wallets...prove there are lots of wallets--unless you own all of them, you can't discern who owns what, duh.

Where's Qwizzie with the answer to my simple questions?"

maybe qwizzie isn't hearing you because you are spelling his name wrong...

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 01:36:42 PM

I see no reason to retort the nonsense that has come since my last post, since I had already retorted those points before.

The Dash insiders and pumpers are here to try to bury what was already explained upthread and in the other thread about the instamine.

stan.distortion

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 01:55:31 PM

Want to see the trolls go silent? Grin 'Tis easy, they game the forum rules and are shit scared of the mods attention (I guess they have to pay for their accounts if they lose them Grin ). This thread is about the future of Dash and internet money yet they continually insist on diverting discussion to the past, clearly a breach of forum rules imho but that's not my choice to make Wink

And seeing as no one else seems to have any interest in discussing very early history I'd say a few links to places where it's already been discussed in depth (many, many times, almost all of which by the same few individuals) would cover that off-topic so we can get the discussion back to the future internet of money and Dashes place in that.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 02:05:46 PM

Want to see the trolls go silent? Grin 'Tis easy, they game the forum rules and are shit scared of the mods attention (I guess they have to pay for their accounts if they lose them Grin ). This thread is about the future of Dash and internet money yet they continually insist on diverting discussion to the past, clearly a breach of forum rules imho but that's not my choice to make Wink

And seeing as no one else seems to have any interest in discussing very early history I'd say a few links to places where it's already been discussed in depth (many, many times, almost all of which by the same few individuals) would cover that off-topic so we can get the discussion back to the future internet of money and Dashes place in that.

So the future of money has no past?

Maybe you can answer my questions s.distortion: How many BTC were mined in the first 24 hours? How many XMR were mined in the first 24 hours? How many dash were mined in the first 24 hours?

I contend that the answer will disqualify one of those coins from being the future of money--is that off-topic?

Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 02:10:55 PM

That what I wanted to say.
There are 10's threads out there about it, go there and talk to yourselves.
Attention whores with OT posts.

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
stan.distortion

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 02:12:22 PM

So the future of money has no past?

Maybe you can answer my questions s.distortion: How many BTC were mined in the first 24 hours? How many XMR were mined in the first 24 hours? How many dash were mined in the first 24 hours?

I contend that the answer will disqualify one of those coins from being the future of money--is that off-topic?

The first 3, I already asked if anyone gives a shit and none answered so pretty much irrelevant as far as this thread is concerned. The last, probably not important, all have gone from strength to strength since launch (some more than others Grin ) so it's unlikely to have any great influence on their future.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 02:22:51 PM

As i see this all is really hurting poor generalizethis mind and i worry he will loose sleep over it :

https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118

In this article, we explore the impact of the “instamine” on the Dash ecosystem. There’s been talk from the very beginning of Dash about the very first 24 hours,
1.9 million coins were issued. We gained access to Evan Duffield to directly answer some questions about the instamine and give us an account of what happened.

There is really no pissing contest here, instamine is instamine .. numbers dont change the fact that all three cryptocurrencies (BTC, DASH, XMR and most likely a lot more cryptocurrencies out there)
fall under that "instamine" category. Which makes it all a bit ironic really.

edit : makes me think of that pregnancy saying : you cant be just a little pregnant.....

stan.distortion

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 02:47:50 PM

He he, that worked better than expected Smiley Maybe a different aspect on the future of internet money, things like MMOs and strategy games seem to be breaking free of their servers and out into the wilds of the internet (including gankers and raid parties :/ ) and the whole cryptocurrenct ecosystem could end up not too dissimilar to warcraft. Things very much like raid parties are common on trading markets and as chains become more tightly linked there could be a lot in common with (ex.) resource based strategy games, bots, battling factions, all that kind of thing. That doesn't really fit in with Dashes primary aim, Digital Cash, but it fits in very well with Dashes focus on evolution.

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 03:00:12 PM

(BTC, DASH, XMR and most likely a lot more cryptocurrencies out there)
fall under that "instamine" category.

Fucking liars.

Additionally BTC and XMR don't have a masternode scam to print DRK to hand to insiders who use their instamine to stake masternodes. It doesn't cost anything ongoing to have masternode. It is print-money-out-of-thin-air scam.

You Dash fuckers will never stop lying.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 03:02:34 PM

Wow, you guys really can't answer a direct question with numbers as the only possible answer?

I know it ruins your shitcoin dreams to have to face reality, so I ask again (for the sake of reality): How many BTC were mined in the first 24 hours? How many XMR were mined in the first 24 hours? How many dash were mined in the first 24 hours?

If you don't know, just say so, I already assumed that since you invested in dash that you are terrible at fact checking.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 03:12:57 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2016, 03:30:50 PM by qwizzie

I think the future of internet money will slowly shift from using bankcards to using phones & smart watches (with NFC capabilities for example).
This will give Dash opportunities as its already focussed on mobile phones (Android, iOS) & Internet of Things (Rasberry Pi etc).
Decentralised API will further enhance shop's (from all over the world) ability to process payments
through a cryptocurrency like Dash. FIAT gateways are given higher priority lately and i think these FIAT gateway tools thats being
developed for Dash (Backend Tools) are scheduled to be open-sourced so other cryptocurrencies can profit from these as well.

ref : https://dashtalk.org/threads/prioritization-of-fiat-gateways.8457/

So the future looks bright with regards to Dash and also towards cryptocurrencies that are putting development of their own coin as top priority,
its a big market out there after all, almost untouched. Dash & Bitcoin and a few other cryptocurrencies can easily co-exist in that market, each perhaps in
their own carved out niche. Or Dash can end up dominating all these niches.. time will tell.

AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 04:12:30 PM

I think we will not need Dash or any other altcoin to have privacy in crypto anyway. Most of the development is happening on Bitcoin. Sooner or later Bitcoin will become optionally as anonymous as all those "anonymous altcoins" and all the money on those coins will come back to Bitcoin. With Confidential Transactions, CoinJoin and more, Bitcoin will have no competition for anonymity as well.

OH RLY?

Bitcoin devs can't even agree on a simple block size solution.

And they are going to implement CT, CJ, and more at the protocol level to be used by default with no issues in the transition process. Okay

let me know when you wake up from your dream.

Maybe because the solution is not simple?
The Core devs have already proved that segwit works:

https://segnet.smartbit.com.au/block/0000008dfef05aa2924f65f3423de9875005a9107ff1c963c6c35f929b32ff0e

Here is proof. So Bitcoin IS scaling, and is getting privacy friendly features added too.

Only idiots are still arguing about blocksize increases and dreaming with some irrelevant altcoin taking Bitcoin's #1 spot, everyone with a brain and money already moved to BTC or is doing so slowly to not raise the market too soon.
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 04:16:37 PM

I must say, I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up this morning and found this thread still at the top of the Altcoin Discussion board.

I was content to let this thread die after getting the confirmation of what I knew all along: The perpetrators of the scam narrative don't have a leg to stand on, not a shred of evidence linking Dash's beginnings to any bad intent, they are just controlling the narrative on the subject.

But, these school-boy bullies continue to bump the thread with their documentation of the facts from 48 hours two years ago, which no one is disputing. So I again owe them a debt of gratitude.

For facts about Dash, see these sites: www.dash.org and www.rebelmouse.com/dashnation.

Dash Nation is not dwelling in the past, although we remember where we came from. We are focused on the future, and building the future Internet of Money through our advanced decentralized technology, governance and funding.

Thank you for bearing with us while we stand up to the individuals who seek to dominate the narrative about Dash, as has been revealed in this thread.

Tao (Dash Nation Campaign Founder)

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 04:20:19 PM

I think we will not need Dash or any other altcoin to have privacy in crypto anyway. Most of the development is happening on Bitcoin. Sooner or later Bitcoin will become optionally as anonymous as all those "anonymous altcoins" and all the money on those coins will come back to Bitcoin. With Confidential Transactions, CoinJoin and more, Bitcoin will have no competition for anonymity as well.

OH RLY?

Bitcoin devs can't even agree on a simple block size solution.

And they are going to implement CT, CJ, and more at the protocol level to be used by default with no issues in the transition process. Okay

let me know when you wake up from your dream.

Maybe because the solution is not simple?
The Core devs have already proved that segwit works:

https://segnet.smartbit.com.au/block/0000008dfef05aa2924f65f3423de9875005a9107ff1c963c6c35f929b32ff0e

Here is proof. So Bitcoin IS scaling, and is getting privacy friendly features added too.

Only idiots are still arguing about blocksize increases and dreaming with some irrelevant altcoin taking Bitcoin's #1 spot, everyone with a brain and money already moved to BTC or is doing so slowly to not raise the market too soon.

Thank you for your valuable contribution. A lot of people share your opinion. Dash will be just fine in that environment. We will establish ourselves slowly at first, with the trickle of users soon becoming a flood for the reasons described in my article in the OP.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: