Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:06:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dash: The Future Internet Of Money?  (Read 15508 times)
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 05:13:01 AM

False argument -> "non-availability of the fair availability during the instamining"

It was available to anyone with:

- A CPU
- Linux SO
- Internet connection

IQ much?

But not for those using windows or were asleep or couldn't get the necessary equipment in Evan's 24 hour window--though he only needed a few of those hours to get enough to equate unfair, but my guess is he only planned for the sleep window and the rest was bonus (like the later emissions cut).
wrong, there was a windows miner released before the relaunch.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 05:17:44 AM

False argument -> "non-availability of the fair availability during the instamining"

- A CPU
- Linux SO
- Internet connection

IQ much?
and windows

Wrong. Here is Evan asking someone to upload a Windows build 1 hour and 57 minutes hours after launch (followed by the launch announcement, for time reference). By that time approximately 640K coins had already been mined. Clearly the Windows build was not made available until some time even later than that, though I don't know when exactly.

I compiled the exe for Windows... no blocks yet, just a bazillion rejects.

Any chance you could upload that windows client exe? I'd be willing to throw 5k XCO at you. Just make sure it's the latest source from github

Pushed the changes to master-0.8!

You'll want to update to that source and add these nodes to your config! Good luck

addnode=23.23.186.131
addnode=50.16.206.102
addnode=50.19.116.123
addnode=98.165.130.67

Also, clear out ~/.xcoin before relaunching to avoid errors!

EDIT: Here's the first Windows upload, almost 3 hours later (that's well over a million coins mined already):

volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 05:20:36 AM

- A CPU
- Linux SO
- Internet connection

IQ much?
and windows

Wrong. Here is Evan asking someone to upload a Windows build 1 hour and 57 minutes hours after launch (followed by the launch announcement, for time reference). By that time approximately 640K coins had already been mined. Clearly the Windows build was not made available until some time even later than that, though I don't know when exactly.

Any chance you could upload that windows client exe? I'd be willing to throw 5k XCO at you. Just make sure it's the latest source from github

Pushed the changes to master-0.8!

You'll want to update to that source and add these nodes to your config! Good luck

addnode=23.23.186.131
addnode=50.16.206.102
addnode=50.19.116.123
addnode=98.165.130.67

Also, clear out ~/.xcoin before relaunching to avoid errors!

EDIT: Here's the first Windows upload, almost 3 hours later:

Wow! Busted.. Your opponent will now proceed to split hairs.
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 05:21:10 AM

and some semantics will happen.
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 06:18:16 AM

windows miner exe

so are you claiming no one else compiled the windows miner on their own?

it was available just not compiled, we've had this convo before smooth and you admitted i was right. did you forget?

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 06:37:43 AM

windows miner exe

There is no evidence either way, so let's not speculate. Clearly when people talk about Windows builds being available for launch they are talking about compiled, since most Windows users, unlike Linux users, don't have compilers or know how to use them.

The only one I recall who explicitly reported compiling it said that it didn't work, prompting Evan to make an emergency update (I'm not referring to the guy with the compile error due to his own mistake; the other one). This too was after the launch.
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 07:27:12 AM

windows miner exe

There is no evidence either way, so let's not speculate. Clearly when people talk about Windows builds being available for launch they are talking about compiled, since most Windows users, unlike Linux users, don't have compilers or know how to use them.

The only one I recall who explicitly reported compiling it said that it didn't work, prompting Evan to make an emergency update (I'm not referring to the guy with the compile error due to his own mistake; the other one). This too was after the launch.

So the point you Monero peddlers are trying to push is that those with the best knowledge and tools have advantage in highly competitive situations and that is a bad thing?

It wasn't a bad thing for Monero was it?

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 07:38:41 AM

windows miner exe

So the point you Monero peddlers are trying to push is that those with the best knowledge and tools have advantage in highly competitive situations and that is a bad thing?

It wasn't a bad thing for Monero was it?

I know many people say that not having compiled Windows wallets is unfair. This is not something we just made up for the purpose of this thread.

I can tell you Monero's launch was delayed by about 12 hours (I think) specifically in order to have compiled Windows wallets ready. Most other coins that are attempting to have good launches do this too, afaik. Some people mentioned it on the Dash thread at the time, too, so this isn't an issue that didn't exist at the time.

If that were the only problem with Dash's launch, I'd say it probably wasn't that big a deal (my opinion), but when you combine it with everything else, its one more factor to consider.

And as far as I can tell no one is attempting to peddle anything on this thread other than the laughable notion of Dash as the Future Internet of Money. Even the OP at some level knows that claim to be absurd and false, or he wouldn't have tripped over Betteridge's Law in composing the topic.

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 08:11:17 AM

windows miner exe

apology accepted  Grin

and it was before the relaunch btw, saying it was after the launch is playing word games and trying to spread fud.

you're also trying to make it look like the guy with the "bazillion rejects" was evans fault and conveniently left out the full story. i just reread the thread and have no idea who this other person you are talking about having compiling problems is. it really doesn't matter, just stop, stop wasting my time and go fix me a turkey pot pie official GUI.

Yeah, my bad, I botched the layover of the makefile on the update. Oh well still no blocks, must be in a bad location... Gave me something to do before bedtime...

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 08:18:11 AM

windows miner exe

apology accepted  Grin

and it was before the relaunch btw, saying it was after the launch is playing word games and trying to spread fud.

That's incorrect, all of the posts I quoted above were after the relaunch.

you're also trying to make it look like the guy with the "bazillion rejects" was evans fault and conveniently left out the full story

Immediately after that Evan posts about an emergency update. I thought it was related but maybe not. I'm not really sure.

i just reread the thread and have no idea who this other person you are talking about having compiling problems is.

This one:

update doesn't compile:

init.cpp:745:15: error: operator '!' has no right operand

(That particular error seems to have been the posters fault, not Evan's)
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 09:29:42 AM

...how vertoe quit because of Dash's one-man dictatorship, etc.

Kyle Hagan (aka InternetApe) quit. Apparently vertoe is a different person. Vertoe was quoting Kyle.

Both quit.
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 10:25:51 AM

...how vertoe quit because of Dash's one-man dictatorship, etc.

Kyle Hagan (aka InternetApe) quit. Apparently vertoe is a different person. Vertoe was quoting Kyle.

Both quit.

Yes, Hagan cashed out before Dash reached $1, and is propably drunk to these days looking at his last posts on slack and dashtalk.
Vertoe quit with rage like sissy because thought to high of himself. Then went to scam people with cachecoin.

You see, those people don't fit in Dash team. We don't need drunk people without vision and scammers.
You know it.

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
taw00

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 02:02:08 PM

great article tao!
this thread looks like fun, i wanna play....

2. launch with no windows wallets (every other dev launched with them and was called out for a scammer if they did not)

Wait. Let me get this right. Folks are claiming a Windows version of the software was not pre-compiled and made available? And they therefore yell SCAM!?! I almost snorted all my coffee out my nose over that.

I will start a new meme: "Not released for AmigaOS!!! Amiga users were left out!!! SCAM!"

Really, folks. Windows? That's your criticism? Heh.

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 03:09:05 PM

windows miner exe

apology accepted  Grin

you're also trying to make it look like the guy with the "bazillion rejects" was evans fault and conveniently left out the full story. i just reread the thread and have no idea who this other person you are talking about having compiling problems is. it really doesn't matter, just stop, stop wasting my time and go fix me a turkey pot pie official GUI.

Yeah, my bad, I botched the layover of the makefile on the update. Oh well still no blocks, must be in a bad location... Gave me something to do before bedtime...

Which is precisely why instamining is a scam because it doesn't not allow people to have time to figure out how to compile.

You damn well know this, but force us to say it. Obfuscation through attrition of the readers attention span is your game. Dashtards are disingenuous.

Wait. Let me get this right. Folks are claiming a Windows version of the software was not pre-compiled and made available? And they therefore yell SCAM!?! I almost snorted all my coffee out my nose over that.

Really, folks. Windows? That's your criticism? Heh.

Disingenuous bullshit obfuscation and you damn well know it.

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 05:37:18 PM

You know you're a joke, right

Lukas_Jackson has been added to my Ignore list for his inability to write anything of truth or substance.

Low flying teddy bears alert.

i dont think TPTB_need_war like jokes or clowns or both Undecided

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
spatula

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 07:36:55 PM

I love how DASH price is staying relatively stable, I didn't sell a single one. However, I sold my remaining XMR (along with anyone with a brain)

I guess that just goes to show what the market thinks about DASH. The market does not care about these competing coin trolls and their hate spewing.

The history of the DASH is out there. Everyone knows, and has already been priced in, and does not impact the future.

I think easy fiat channels to DASH are the most important thing going forward. If DASH is to be the future of online transfers of value, then we have to have an easy way for people to convert their old money to new money. I believe that credit/debit cards are the most optimal way for this to happen, but obviously chargebacks make that difficult. I know there are chargeback protection services out there that have a type of chargeback insurance, but most of those I have seen have very low monthly limits. Some chargeback protection companies also some sort of preventative protection techniques that are supposed to identify risks, and limit that type of behavior, but I'm not sure how well these work.

Perhaps DASH could use one of its budget proposals to help fund any losses of this type of service (at least initially)?
stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:18:36 PM

Lol, did you manage to type that with a straight face Smooth? Oh the hypocrisy Grin

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
spatula

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:18:18 AM

So I end up on TPTB ignore list for asking him to stay on topic (and agreeing with the forum moderators)? I guess that just shows his true colors.

TPTB quotes his own posts more than anyone else on this forum. Perhaps he should create his own forum where he can just talk to himself all day, instead of using BCT for this purpose.

To address TPTB's statement where he wants a refute that the windows binaries were not available to show that makes DASH not a scam, I can't. We can only compare to other crypto currencies, so lets do that.

XMR? Released with a scam miner to give an unfair advantage to devs/insiders. Original XMR client had a windows version, but it had all kinds of problems. All prior to launch development done in the "darknet" by scammers (and likely the NSA)

Now lets go the other direction and compare to a super legit crypto, like Bitcoin. My understanding is that there was a 6 day delay between genesis block and a public release of a windows client (or any client at all)

Everyone knows DASH had a shitshow launch. All your other claims are unfounded.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:21:04 AM

Now lets go the other direction and compare to a super legit crypto, like Bitcoin. My understanding is that there was a 6 day delay between genesis block and a public release of a windows client (or any client at all)

First of all the genesis block in Bitcoin is unspendable so it is really just an anchor for the chain, but second of all the genesis block is always created in advance of launch, and its timestamp is arbitrary. It has to be because it is compiled into the code. That's for every single coin.

BTW I think Bitcoin only ran on Windows at launch. Porting it to Linux came later.

Everyone knows DASH had a shitshow launch. All your other claims are unfounded.

Really? Then why is Dash/Evan continuing to lie to investors and tell them it was "fairly and transparently" launched with recent edits to the ANN thread? I think we both know the answer.

All of my "claims", as you call them, are objective facts backed up by specific sources and citations. But maybe you are referring to someone else "unfounded claims"?
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:34:28 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2016, 12:45:10 AM by cryptohunter

TLDR:
1. launch before he said he would
(not true, debunked)

2. launch with no windows wallets (every other dev launched with them and was called out for a scammer if they did not)
(not true, debunked)

3. mined it all up at 10x speed anyone else could after they "fixed it"
(not true, debunked)

4. he then got so excited that he slashed the minting back by 75% so he magnified his mistakes in mining up huge amounts of the coin to super super huge
(this was actually a good call as the ltc emission rate is too inflationary)

Who is this new scammer instamined710?? I was there AT the launch I WAS THERE watching it unfold in real time.

1. it did not launch on time, however I still waited for it to launch even though he said he wasn't going to and would try later.

2. It did not launch with windows wallet. Dashers trying to lie again. Other devs that were not called scammers did launch with a windows wallet.

3. trying to split hairs again, we know there was some "accident" and it stayed on low diff with huge block rewards.

4. It was not a good idea.

what does debunked mean to this person? confirmed?

I need to update my scammers/pumpers/protectors list. This person needs to be added asap.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: