Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:10:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dash: The Future Internet Of Money?  (Read 15508 times)
spatula

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:40:23 AM

Now lets go the other direction and compare to a super legit crypto, like Bitcoin. My understanding is that there was a 6 day delay between genesis block and a public release of a windows client (or any client at all)

First of all the genesis block in Bitcoin is unspendable so it is really just an anchor for the chain, but second of all the genesis block is always created in advance of launch, and its timestamp is arbitrary. It has to be because it is compiled into the code. That's for every single coin.

BTW I think Bitcoin only ran on Windows at launch. Porting it to Linux came later.

Everyone knows DASH had a shitshow launch. All your other claims are unfounded.

Really? Then why is Dash/Evan continuing to lie to investors and tell them it was "fairly and transparently" launched with recent edits to the ANN thread? I think we both know the answer.

All of my "claims", as you call them, are objective facts backed up by specific sources and citations. But maybe you are referring to someone else "unfounded claims"?

Bitcoin had a 6 day time period between genesis and public launch. It wasn't just the genesis block during that time, mining started immediately.

I do think that the DASH launch was a shitshow, but I don't think it was intentional, but I guess we will never know. However, just like bitcoin, it is "transparent" as the claim Evan makes, and "fair" is a subjective statement.

What about the launch wasn't transparent? You can go back and see EXACTLY what blocks were mined, and how fast. That sounds pretty textbook transparent to me.

"Fair" on the other hand, well that is up to the observer. I might not think the DASH launch was fair, as I was not there to mine. Just like I might not think the bitcoin launch was fair, as I was not there to mine (actually, no one was as it wasn't released until 6 days later). However, I know for a fact that the XMR launch was not fair, as the developers (smooth and friends) promoted a purposely 100x de-optimized miner to the public. There is more proof of that than there is of negative intentions of Evan, yet I never see you screaming "scam" about XMR.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:41:37 AM

Too bad the forum doesn't allow sharing of Ignore lists. It would be nice to be able to discuss the (negligible to nonexistent) prospects for Dash being the future internet of money while filtering out the ignorance, pumping and shilling on this thread.

Using the thread topic to evade the thread topic? Ooh, I see why they call you Smooth Wink

So what's the new tactic then, bore people away? Maybe best put Anonymint back in the sock draw, 'cos he's getting so far around the bend it's becoming entertainment.

Sorry to bring up what must be a scary topic Smooth but Dashes future is looking pretty damn good despite your best efforts. Try as you may Smooth, FUD just doesn't work as backing for a coin, the fed might get away with it but as good as your FUD is smooth, it ain't that good. Dash needs FUD too, it thrives on it and that makes you a Dash supporter Smoothiebabie! Dash keeps improving and progressing, you keep away anyone dumb enough to fall for your pitch and after a while... BOOM! you get a damnburst. That is, unless something better comes along. You going to build something better Smooth? Then you'd better hurry up, it'll be survival of the fittest in crypto and there's no room for pretenders.

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:49:42 AM

TLDR:
1. launch before he said he would
(not true, debunked)

2. launch with no windows wallets (every other dev launched with them and was called out for a scammer if they did not)
(not true, debunked)

3. mined it all up at 10x speed anyone else could after they "fixed it"
(not true, debunked)

4. he then got so excited that he slashed the minting back by 75% so he magnified his mistakes in mining up huge amounts of the coin to super super huge
(this was actually a good call as the ltc emission rate is too inflationary)

Who is this new scammer instamined710?? I was there AT the launch I WAS THERE watching it unfold in real time.

1. it did not launch on time, however I still waited for it to launch even though he said he wasn't going to and would try later.

2. It did not launch with windows wallet. Dashers trying to lie again. Other devs that were not called scammers did launch with a windows wallet.

3. trying to split hairs again, we know there was some "accident" and it stayed on low diff with huge block rewards.

4. It was not a good idea.

what does debunked mean to this person? confirmed?

I need to update my scammers/pumpers/protectors list. This person needs to be added asap.

where is your list? i could post this link in the OP of my "DASH - Love at first sight user accounts [Looking Beyond the Hype]" https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1282836.msg13200467#msg13200467 thread..

this will make it a bit more easier for the readers to take a look (of different angles) at these people  Cool
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:51:52 AM

Too bad the forum doesn't allow sharing of Ignore lists. It would be nice to be able to discuss the (negligible to nonexistent) prospects for Dash being the future internet of money while filtering out the ignorance, pumping and shilling on this thread.

Using the thread topic to evade the thread topic? Ooh, I see why they call you Smooth Wink

So what's the new tactic then, bore people away? Maybe best put Anonymint back in the sock draw, 'cos he's getting so far around the bend it's becoming entertainment.

Sorry to bring up what must be a scary topic Smooth but Dashes future is looking pretty damn good despite your best efforts. Try as you may Smooth, FUD just doesn't work as backing for a coin, the fed might get away with it but as good as your FUD is smooth, it ain't that good. Dash needs FUD too, it thrives on it and that makes you a Dash supporter Smoothiebabie! Dash keeps improving and progressing, you keep away anyone dumb enough to fall for your pitch and after a while... BOOM! you get a damnburst. That is, unless something better comes along. You going to build something better Smooth? Then you'd better hurry up, it'll be survival of the fittest in crypto and there's no room for pretenders.

FUD to a dasher = Facts Uncovering Deception.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:53:26 AM

TLDR:
1. launch before he said he would
(not true, debunked)

2. launch with no windows wallets (every other dev launched with them and was called out for a scammer if they did not)
(not true, debunked)

3. mined it all up at 10x speed anyone else could after they "fixed it"
(not true, debunked)

4. he then got so excited that he slashed the minting back by 75% so he magnified his mistakes in mining up huge amounts of the coin to super super huge
(this was actually a good call as the ltc emission rate is too inflationary)

Who is this new scammer instamined710?? I was there AT the launch I WAS THERE watching it unfold in real time.

1. it did not launch on time, however I still waited for it to launch even though he said he wasn't going to and would try later.

2. It did not launch with windows wallet. Dashers trying to lie again. Other devs that were not called scammers did launch with a windows wallet.

3. trying to split hairs again, we know there was some "accident" and it stayed on low diff with huge block rewards.

4. It was not a good idea.

what does debunked mean to this person? confirmed?

I need to update my scammers/pumpers/protectors list. This person needs to be added asap.

where is your list? i could post this link in the OP of my "DASH - Love at first sight user accounts [Looking Beyond the Hype]" https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1282836.msg13200467#msg13200467 thread..

this will make it a bit more easier for the readers to take a look (of different angles) at these people  Cool

These people on my list are not all scammers but still most are at best super subjective and their posts should not be taken at face value. Mostly a bunch of pumpers and protectors for shady projects.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1418343.msg14367302#msg14367302

stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:59:18 AM

Ahh, poor trolleros, all this talk of progress upsetting you? Hehe, by the time you get your GUI wallet we won't even need to download a wallet to use Dash. Hey, you could've used that one! Ya see, that's a centralised service on a decentralised platform and we know you love that centralised word Smiley Its something a second tier network allows you to do, cool huh and it does way more things single tier networks can only dream of.

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 01:36:51 AM

Maybe best put Anonymint back in the sock draw

Believe me, I have zero control over that guy, or less than that if such a thing is possible. He's as irritating to me and other Monero supporters at times as he is to you, but that doesn't change the fact that his insights and opinions, especially the technical ones, are usually correct.

He's one good example (of many) why Dash is not going to be the internet of money nor much of anything else. Here's a guy who owns no competing coins at all (other than a bit of Bitcoin) and still recognizes Dash's second rate technology and deceptive and misleading launch, distribution, and promotional tactics.

You're fooling yourself if you think that only people with competing interest will look at Dash and see that nearly every aspect of it is a steaming pile of shit.

Question: Why does Dash have half the bid order book compared to other coins with one quarter of its alleged market cap (i.e. relative difference of 8x)?

Answer: r0ach motel coin effect

Question: Why is Dash doomed to stagnate and fail long before achieving any status as an "Internet of Money"

Answer: adoption incentives destroyed by the instamine

Oh, that's right. There's another guy (r0ach) who doesn't own directly competing coins afaik and criticizes most or all of them. He also recognizes that Dash is a steaming pile of shit.
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 01:59:51 AM

Believe me, I have zero control over that guy, or less than that if such a thing is possible. He's as irritating to me and other Monero supporters at times as he is to you, but that doesn't change the fact that his insights and opinions, especially the technical ones, are usually correct.

He's one good example (of many) why Dash is not going to be the internet of money nor much of anything else. Here's a guy who owns no competing coins at all (other than a bit of Bitcoin) and still recognizes Dash's second rate technology and deceptive and misleading launch, distribution, and promotional tactics.

You're fooling yourself if you think that only people with competing interest will look at Dash and see that nearly every aspect of it is a steaming pile of shit.

Question: Why does Dash have half the bid order book compared to other coins with one quarter of its alleged market cap (i.e. relative difference of 8x)?

Question: Why is Dash doomed to stagnate and fail long before achieving any status as an "Internet of Money"

Oh, that's right. There's another guy (r0ach) who doesn't own directly competing coins afaik and criticizes most or all of them. He also recognizes that Dash is a steaming pile of shit.

Fascinating scientific analysis. I'm rapt....

spatula

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 02:04:32 AM

The order book is thin because there isn't much liquidity in either direction. You are comparing DASH to an extremely speculative coin with no official GUI client, where most all coins are sitting on an exchange ready to sell at a moments notice.

Just look at the last few months. DASH and XMR had a VERY similar run up, yet when it became time to take profits, only XMR crashed. That shows XMR is nothing but a "me too" pump and dump coin. I'm not complaining though, I've made plenty of money off of your scummy marketing tactics. Pump and dumps are fun, and XMR does a good job at it.

As for your other point, there are plenty of people who see XMR as a scam that hold no direct competing alt coin. Is that proof that XMR is a fraud or is going to fail long term? Nope.

TLDR; Try harder.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 02:13:03 AM

As for your other point, there are plenty of people who see XMR as a scam that hold no direct competing alt coin. Is that proof that XMR is a fraud or is going to fail long term? Nope.

Of course not. You evaluate their statement on the merits. Attacking those statements based on an alleged competing interest is a clear scam tactic, which of course is why you see Dash supporters doing it often.

A coin promoted in that manner is not going to be any sort of "internet of money". As if we needed another reason to add to the 37 already obvious ones.
spatula

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 02:16:57 AM

Of course not. You evaluate their statement on the merits. Attacking those statements based on an alleged competing interest is a clear scam tactic, which of course is why you see Dash supporters doing it often.

A coin promoted in that manner is not going to be any sort of "internet of money". As if we needed another reason to add to the 37 already obvious ones.

Not going to address the other part of my comment? What about my previous reply to you?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 02:29:12 AM

The order book is thin because there isn't much liquidity in either direction. You are comparing DASH to an extremely speculative coin with no official GUI client, where most all coins are sitting on an exchange ready to sell at a moments notice.

Compare it with other coins then, even some not-so-healthy ones like Peercoin. PPC has 1/5 the market cap but a very comparable bid side (so 5x ratio). And that's interesting because PPC has PoS rewards so there is an actual incentive to not keep coins on exchanges (though this doesn't really matter to bid side which is funded with BTC, USD, etc.). Still there is far better liquidity than Dash, relatively speaking.

Litecoin is probably comparable to the healthier non-r0ach-motel coins, but I couldn't get numbers because Poloniex (largest LTC/BTC pair) is down.

The r0ach motel effect is present in many coins to a degree, but Dash is much worse. It is on its way to becoming another Nxt, which by the way is another coin with a terrible initial distribution that made a lot of bogus claims about redistribution and was also promoted on the basis of allegedly amazing ongoing development. It didn't matter because for a cryptocurrency to succeed requires a lot of things, including a decent good and consistently transparent distribution process and lack of any significant privileged parties that destroy the adoption incentive.

Just look at the last few months. DASH and XMR had a VERY similar run up, yet when it became time to take profits, only XMR crashed

That is exactly what you expect in a r0ach motel coin. Thank you for helping to make my case. There is no selling because the concentrated holders have nowhere to go. It would be futile to try to get out, since it would just crash the price. Dashholders check in but they never check out.

Also, check the DASH/XMR ratio. Still close to the low end of its trading range. So what you describe isn't really what happened.
Days

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 03:27:35 AM

This is the reality of these spammers of any coin they feel threatened by Dash/Whitecoin/Stealthcoin/ETH/List/IOTA "you name it"

Smooth is a pure pumper according to this thread from the start https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg7529644#msg7529644 Read Johnarcher512's post wow!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=755840.0

iCEBREAKER is Eduardo deCastro the hashfast scammer https://hashfastscam.wordpress.com/

TBTP_need_war another ego maniac with nothing but hot air talking about he's upcoming coin, only to come up with a name so far lol.

Reality is the only reason Monero won't develop a GUI wallet is because if they do people will know their scam coin have nothing else next because there is no developers only spammers. They can't code crap here no wonder they are hating on Evan because of he's innovations and coding skills.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 03:59:05 AM

{argumentum ad hominem}

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070519155250AAgk18U

"Do you believe that Duffentology would not have such a bad rap if they did not have such loud verbal assaults on anyone who raises any type of criticism?"

Best Answer:  Oh no no no, Duffentology would still be horrible. I mean, it would be a fair measure better without the "Fair Game" policy, but it would still be a destructive, scamming, greedy, brainwashing cult. Check out the rest of Duffentology's sordid past and misdeeds:

Instamine

Emission cut

Bad crypto

Broken CoinJoin

Broken GreenAddress

Snake oil marketing

Masternode HYIP

Centralized DARKCOIN FOUNDATION INC.

Bus Factor = 1

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 06:01:53 AM

This is the reality of these spammers of any coin they feel threatened by Dash/Whitecoin/Stealthcoin/ETH/List/IOTA "you name it"

Smooth is a pure pumper according to this thread from the start https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg7529644#msg7529644 Read Johnarcher512's post wow!

iCEBREAKER is Eduardo deCastro the hashfast scammer https://hashfastscam.wordpress.com/

TBTP_need_war another ego maniac with nothing but hot air talking about he's upcoming coin, only to come up with a name so far lol.

Reality is the only reason Monero won't develop a GUI wallet is because if they do people will know their scam coin have nothing else next because there is no developers only spammers. They can't code crap here no wonder they are hating on Evan because of he's innovations and coding skills.

Does this have anything to do with Dash?

Oh BTW, who is "Johnarcher512", Newbie, with 4 posts ever, all four of which are attacks on Monero, and the first of which was a response to a comment about DRK? Is that you Days?

Days, please clear something up for me please, so I can figure out whether you are a Dash scammer and pumper or not? Do you think Dash is the Future Internet of Money?
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 06:18:48 AM

Dash has actually one of the best prospects of all coins. (And I've been in and out of most of them).

It's nothing to do with the bitcointalk-petty politic of instamines, bid stacks and twitter soundbites. It simply has monetary properties that are powerful and compelling along with a highly pro-active development roadmap that's got its eyes open.

Longevity and survival are the name of the game !

The longer you can keep going with a respectable marketcap, community engagement and resilient development the more consolidated you get as an electronic asset. Simple as.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 06:58:40 AM

Dash has actually one of the best prospects of all coins. (And I've been in and out of most of them).

It's nothing to do with the bitcointalk-petty politic of instamines, bid stacks and twitter soundbites. It simply has monetary properties that are powerful and compelling along with a highly pro-active development roadmap that's got its eyes open.

Longevity and survival are the name of the game !

The longer you can keep going with a respectable marketcap, community engagement and resilient development the more consolidated you get as an electronic asset. Simple as.

Dash lacks the fungibility to be considered as cash

simple as that

(it may take you and the others in the dash community to catch up to the rest of us on that technical fact, but I'm sure as coins move up the marketcap board as dash moves down, you will eventually figure it out. But keep on thinking your slow groove down the ripple 2.0 path will get you some half-evolved version of cash. Some of us already figured out the start was everything, but it should be entertaining to see a bunch of loud purveyors of technobabble talk out both sides of their mouth as everyone else figures out the obvious: dash is centralized and isn't built to survive as cash, but a continuingly centralized processor of whatever current fad and buzz-speak Evan can cram down his cult of merry marketer's throats. )

Days

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 07:21:30 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2016, 07:40:03 AM by Days

Does this have anything to do with Dash?

Oh BTW, who is "Johnarcher512", Newbie, with 4 posts ever, all four of which are attacks on Monero, and the first of which was a response to a comment about DRK? Is that you Days?

Days, please clear something up for me please, so I can figure out whether you are a Dash scammer and pumper or not? Do you think Dash is the Future Internet of Money?
What if I was a normal dude who happened to be interested in alt coins early this year 2016, took all my btc's I had and put them on several alternative coins including Monero/Dash/ETH after knowing each ones problems yes the crippled thing too & the instamine too & that ETH is not really a coin.

Just to realize monero spamming the same thing I read over & over again + creating non stop threads about how bad is dash and ETH, + trash talking every thread about these two coins with same things including their respective Ann threads?

You guys always talk about how bad are others and how the technology they invented is worthless but never talk about what you invent because let's be honest who cares about a GUI wallet right?
I then realized it wasn't that you can't program it but instead "I believe" purposely postponed releasing it because you guys have nothing else to talk about but speculations. Monero will have the same problem 100k sell walls popping up because too many bagholder's realizing it. If I would invest in your coin I'd do it only because I'd ride with you guys from .001 possibly lower this time to high .002' early .003' that's it.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 07:32:30 AM

I think generalize just confused his ups and downs.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 07:39:02 AM

I think generalize just confused his ups and downs.

I think you confused today for tomorrow, the next day, and the day after that. I guess Evan isn't the only one in dash who doesn't think about  tomorrow.

#SEC #FINCEN #CENTRILIZATION #FUNGIBILITY

But thanks for acknowledging my valid technical points with a flippant contentless comment--though I think you forgot the  Wink that you usually include as a reminder of how airy and pointless you are being.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: