Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:37:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dash: The Future Internet Of Money?  (Read 15508 times)
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:43:06 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2016, 10:46:57 PM by qwizzie

okay, that was pretty funny  Grin
(the picture itself i mean .. and its bound to attract more attention to this thread)

Dash: The Future Internet Of Money?

Lets hear your thoughts, all you casual readers out there  

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:46:29 PM

Got to love this, they should be in the budget. Good quality trolling could be a problem but this stuff just means for the near terms at least Dash won't need a high tolerance of fools, even more strength to the foundations Smiley Good contrarian indicators too, read some interesting things about tangles recently thanks to their good/bad advice Wink

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 09:14:43 PM

Quick post, I'm on the road. Want to get a feel for the Dash Nation experience? Listen to this interview of Dash Project Manager Robert Wiecko AKA "kot" by members Bill Cassidy, Oaxaca and Fernando Guttierez.

https://www.rebelmouse.com/dashnation/dash-round-table-ep03-interview-with-robert-wiecko-aka-kot-dash-projec-1721270610.html

I'm listening to it right now. Very informative.

Cheers,

Tao

Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 09:29:53 PM

The heat is on son, you said you were going to destroy DASH by now?

Yeah, I remember self-emploee smooth said 18 months  Shocked ago that he destroy Dash single handedly  Cheesy. He lost both his hands and I think a leg too  Roll Eyes
Who are they talking to? Oh gotta love those "geniuses".

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 11:04:52 PM

sorry Lucas_Jackson, i'm not sure he saw it / them

Anyways, the future is looking bright for Dash .. so many things set in motion, next few months will get interesting.

Bigger isn't always better--for her, yes. For instamined coins trying to claim decentralization, not so much.

Is that the soda machine girl?
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 11:06:38 PM

Anyways, the future is looking bright for Dash .. so many things set in motion, next few months will get interesting.

Bigger isn't always better--for her, yes. For instamined coins trying to claim decentralization, not so much.

we wish

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Macrochip

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 11:09:51 PM

Well we wanted to hire her:

But she wasn't available #HypocrisyExposed

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 11:16:09 PM

looks like we found a common ground here at last : cryptobabes are hot, whoever they represent.

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 11:21:04 PM

Thanks for mentioning that. The www.dashndrink.com InstantX Soda Machine is s great example of Dash's open-sourced decentralized tech in action. Great things can be accomplished by this protocol-level form of instant transactions. Dash's second-tier network makes this and other features possible.

Dash Soda Machine in action: http://youtu.be/e7rnhBQL1nM

Remote InstantX purchase by Yours Truly from Canada to Miami: https://youtu.be/kO7CEq80ASs

#DashNation #IoM

@qwizzie: That's so true!

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 11:31:59 PM

Okay guys, time to get serious and get back on topic : Internet of Things .. what does it look like and how can it help Dash ?

Well, appearently considerable progress has been made in Japan recentely of which i think Dash can take real advantage of as its target
audience is spread all over this globe (we even have a large population hanging around in my own country).

So without further ado, i proudly present to you all : http://recode.net/2016/04/09/iot-internet-of-things-cows/

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 12:35:06 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2016, 11:38:51 AM by mprep

The game-changer is going to be Evolution. Imagine, a decentralized API that allows instant access to your DashPay Wallet from anywhere with Internet access. The same wallet, no more having one on your computer, your phone, your laptop, etc.

Easy to read usernames will replace long complicated addresses, and the decentralized and secure second-tier network will host the blockchain and provide a platform for a multitude of third party apps.

Evolution prototype in action: https://youtu.be/rcHC40YmS0g

Got any questions? Feel free to ask! If I don't know the answer, I promise you I will find it.

#DashNation #IoM

If any of you reading this are interested in earning some passive income and supporting the decentralized Dash network in the process, consider starting a masternode.

As mentioned before, masternodes are the key to Dash's many innovations. They perform all of the open-sourced functions of the Dash network. To start a masternode, you require 1000 DASH. The reason for this is to prevent Sybil attacks. But, in return for your collateral, you receive a 45% cut of a block reward each time it's your turn. Right now, the rate of return (per year) on Masternodes is about 11%.

You control your Dash, and to stop running a node, simply send the funds from your masternode address.

To find out more information on masternodes, I recommend this site.

http://dashmasternode.org/

#DashNation #IoM

Open Bazaar integration is very much on the radar of some developers in Dash Nation. For a free marketplace such as OB, having a private, instant retail-ready form of payment would make a lot of sense.

I am in communication with the developers of Open Bazaar, and there is a real push to see this happen.

https://dashtalk.org/threads/open-bazaar-integration.2045/page-13#post-88155

If you would like more info, or maybe if you have dev skills to help us, please let me know.

stan.distortion

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 12:39:43 PM

Okay guys, time to get serious and get back on topic : Internet of Things .. what does it look like and how can it help Dash ?

Well, appearently considerable progress has been made in Japan recentely of which i think Dash can take real advantage of as its target
audience is spread all over this globe (we even have a large population hanging around in my own country).

So without further ado, i proudly present to you all : http://recode.net/2016/04/09/iot-internet-of-things-cows/

Remote control Moo? No thanks Smiley Hard to know where the IoT will will go, there's bound to be a few myspaces before it settles down but the details on identities Evan posted in the Dash announcements thread are a damn good starting point, they can be a person, a company, a cow, a washing machine, just about anything that needs to interact with other things in the virtual world.

And at least initially that's all that's really needed, it could be done just as simply with a Bitcoin address as an identity but that means practically everything else has to be done externally while Dashes second tier can handle them in a unified and integrated manner and allow almost any degree of complexity in entities and their interactions and could extend beyond that to interaction with other systems.

As far as I can see that's the next phase of crypto, the interaction between chains and networks, tying them together and presenting that seamlessly to the user. Dash is pushing hard down that road, initially with the current drive towards integration with the legacy financial systems but entities and Dashes second tier can take that to a whole new level and allow interaction with just about anything in the virtual world via the masternode network and present that in a simple and clean manner through the DAPI. No need to download even a lightweight client, anything connected to the internet can access Dashes blockchain and second tier services.

BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 01:34:21 PM

False argument -> "non-availability of the fair availability during the instamining"

It was available to anyone with:

- A CPU
- Linux SO
- Internet connection

IQ much?

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 01:39:45 PM

False argument -> "non-availability of the fair availability during the instamining"

- A CPU
- Linux SO
- Internet connection

IQ much?

But not for those using windows or were asleep or couldn't get the necessary equipment in Evan's 24 hour window--though he only needed a few of those hours to get enough to equate unfair, but my guess is he only planned for the sleep window and the rest was bonus (like the later emissions cut).

stan.distortion

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 01:48:35 PM

Yeah... not much point trying to have a sensible discussion with Anonymint around, he seems to be capable of having an argument all by himself in some other dimension where the contents of that post has something to do with buzzwords. Not sure why I even bother replying, posters living in divergent realities is a moderation issue.

Fwiw and to try to get back to at least some connection with the thread topic terms like "the internet of things" piss me off nearly as much as "Bitcoin 2.0" but that's because they're so frequently misused. The idea behind the internet of things is immediately recognisable to any programmer as it's the programming concept of "objects" applied to real world things, their interaction adds a world of complexity to regular programming practices but the principles are just the same and a common platform for handling them is the only real first step that can be taken to develop them.

That's the point of things like Etherium and IOTA, the "world computer" idea but they may be trying to do too much to soon, it's obviously the direction things will take but the route that will take isn't really clear from here. For now the focus with Dash is simply the entities, mainly as the users and the means of handling the interactions we know are needed and with room to expand those interactions in whatever direction they may take. That doesn't mean Dash intends to compete with Etherium btw, it's just a no-brainer that the programming concept of objects will extend to real world things and the obvious first candidate for that is real world users.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 01:59:01 PM

Yeah... not much point trying to have a sensible discussion with Anonymint around, he seems to be capable of having an argument all by himself in some other dimension where the contents of that post has something to do with buzzwords. Not sure why I even bother replying, posters living in divergent realities is a moderation issue.

Fwiw and to try to get back to at least some connection with the thread topic terms like "the internet of things" piss me off nearly as much as "Bitcoin 2.0" but that's because they're so frequently misused. The idea behind the internet of things is immediately recognisable to any programmer as it's the programming concept of "objects" applied to real world things, their interaction adds a world of complexity to regular programming practices but the principles are just the same and a common platform for handling them is the only real first step that can be taken to develop them.

That's the point of things like Etherium and IOTA, the "world computer" idea but they may be trying to do too much to soon, it's obviously the direction things will take but the route that will take isn't really clear from here. For now the focus with Dash is simply the entities, mainly as the users and the means of handling the interactions we know are needed and with room to expand those interactions in whatever direction they may take. That doesn't mean Dash intends to compete with Etherium btw, it's just a no-brainer that the programming concept of objects will extend to real world things and the obvious first candidate for that is real world users.

You just said absolutely nothing about how dash actually plans to integrate with IOT--explaining IOT in vague manner and implying that (somehow) dash will be able to work with IOT is about as useful as me vaguely explaining spaceflight and intimating that with a 3d printer I could build a spaceship--possibly, someday.

Is there a whitepaper? Or is this coffee/water-cooler fantasy?

BrainShutdown
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 01:59:09 PM

- A CPU
- Linux SO
- Internet connection

IQ much?

But not for those using windows or were asleep or couldn't get the necessary equipment in Evan's 24 hour window--though he only needed a few of those hours to get enough to equate unfair, but my guess is he only planned for the sleep window and the rest was bonus (like the later emissions cut).

You mined bitcoin in the first year or were you sleeping? I was...  Roll Eyes

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 02:06:21 PM

- A CPU
- Linux SO
- Internet connection

IQ much?

A year versus a day? I think your comparison is 364X off.

stan.distortion

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 02:09:06 PM

You just said absolutely nothing about how dash actually plans to integrate with IOT--explaining IOT in vague manner and implying that (somehow) dash will be able to work with IOT is about as useful as me vaguely explaining spaceflight and intimating that with a 3d printer I could build a spaceship--possibly, someday.

Is there a whitepaper? Or is this coffee/water-cooler fantasy?

Its covered throughout the Evolution whitepaper and some parts of that are available now with the (experimental) Electrum Dash wallet:
https://www.dash.org/binaries/evo/DashPaper-v13-v1.pdf#h.yptb7wvfe8g1
EDIT: https://www.dash.org/binaries/evo/DashPaper-v13-v1.pdf#h.j19rjrbvfviu

Nothing in that paper really goes into detail on "things" because in short that's a buzzword for the programming concept of objects and programmers often have a blindspot when it comes to explaining things they take for granted in programming to none programmers (the "user" in those links is a programming object). That applies from top to bottom with the hype around the internet of things, get to grips with the programming concept of objects and "things" just becomes a (slightly irritating) different term for them.

BrainShutdown
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 02:09:15 PM

- A CPU
- Linux SO
- Internet connection

IQ much?

A year versus a day? I think your comparison is 364X off.

I think not. More people (diferent people? decentralized people?) mined Dash in the first 48h than in bitcoin's first year soo... yeah  Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: