Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:55:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dash: The Future Internet Of Money?  (Read 15508 times)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:03:01 PM

Well, not to worry honestly Dash can never be accepted mainstream the start is just too bad. Google is your friend. I mean anyone wanting to invest will check google first. That brings up like 20x dash/dark scam threads.

too bad those 20x dash thread are written by amateurish finance/crypto "experts" or by borderline psycho trolls. none of them is actually worth a peas, if you are smart.

the content of those posts actually enforces dash position, if you have AT LEAST an IQ > 70 you can barely read that crap, even more getting convinced by those posts or use it for own research

i even looked into monero, the adversary coin with the trolls army, i could not even start a wallet (is there any wallet at all?!???)
now i can really understand all this hate toward dash, this place is full of underage crying kids lol

what has this got to do with Monero? If you believe Monero is a scam then you should start your own research and present it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btc_zero_sum

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:10:49 PM

Well, not to worry honestly Dash can never be accepted mainstream the start is just too bad. Google is your friend. I mean anyone wanting to invest will check google first. That brings up like 20x dash/dark scam threads.

too bad those 20x dash thread are written by amateurish finance/crypto "experts" or by borderline psycho trolls. none of them is actually worth a peas, if you are smart.

the content of those posts actually enforces dash position, if you have AT LEAST an IQ > 70 you can barely read that crap, even more getting convinced by those posts or use it for own research

i even looked into monero, the adversary coin with the trolls army, i could not even start a wallet (is there any wallet at all?!???)
now i can really understand all this hate toward dash, this place is full of underage crying kids lol

what has this got to do with Monero? If you believe Monero is a scam then you should start your own research and present it.

well, if any dash post receives loads of troll posts from the same coin/team every-damn-time, then i believe is quite related
stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:19:13 PM

Suck it trolls, you'll need to update your fud if you plan on keeping up:

The current and new system is post-emptive. I think we just need something to track people and companies as they use our system. I think you're thinking I'm trying to solve the human element. The human element in a system like this is critical to it's success.

As I say, I can understand the basis, I just don't see why a project submission template has to be coded into the blockchain.

Whats wrong with this process ?

Proposer: "I've got this proposal"
Arbitrators: "It's a bit vague, could you submit a more structured proposal with some milestones"
Proposer: "Ok"

Who said anything about a "project submission template" that is "coded into the blockchain"? I'll try to be much more explicit.

People will be able to create entities on the blockchain (groups, users, companies), these are really simple objects and only have a publickey and a name basically. They allow someone to own an alias which represents something in the real world, like my identity on here. By the way this is exactly the way the evolution documents describe the process of implementing these systems, these are the "network primitives". Next, using these identities you'll be able to create a proposal or contract, which is then controllable in the future. You can add things to it, like reports.

Reports have a date and a url. It's just a really simple abstraction of exactly what we're going to need over the next 5-10 years and nothing more. They'll live elsewhere, perhaps all over the internet.

Groups of people working together are managed with decentralized autonomous organizations. We could have DAOs for DashCORE, DashResearch (vending machines, etc?), DashFoundationLLC, etc. So when the foundation wants to get funding for something, we can group all of the requests together and see how much funding they've gotten total and other metrics. Graphing these metrics out over long periods of time is going to allow people to study our currency and figure out how it's growing, what is working and what is not.

Here's a comment from my code of the layout of the network:

/*
   CATEGORY MAPPING

* means the category has an associated class

DASH NETWORK (ROOT)
      -> NETWORK VARIABLE
         -> switch, setting
      -> CATEGORIES
         -> LEVEL
            -> I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI
         -> VALUEOVERRIDE
            -> NETWORK, OWNER
         -> ACTOR
            -> GROUP*
               -> CORE, NONCORE
            -> USER*
               -> CORE, NONCORE
            -> COMPANY* / ORGANIZATION
               -> DAO
               -> COMMITTEE
                  -> BUSINESS, RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT, AMBASSADOR
               -> FORPROFIT
                  -> LLC, INC
               -> NOTFORPROFIT
                  -> 501c3, 501c6
         -> PROJECT*
            -> TYPES
               -> SOFTWARE
                  -> CORE, NONCORE
               -> HARDWARE
               -> PR
            -> PROJECT REPORT*
               -> UPDATE
            -> PROJECT MILESTONE*
               -> START, ONGOING, COMPLETE, FAILURE
            -> PROPOSAL*
               -> FUNDING, GOVERNANCE, AMEND, GENERIC
            -> CONTRACT*
               -> TYPE
                  -> INTERNAL, EXTERNAL
               -> STATUS
                  -> OK
      -> GROUPS
         -> GROUP1
            -> USER1 (only users are allowed here in this scope)
            -> USER2
         -> GROUP2 (EVO)
            -> VALUEOVERRIDE (STORE=DASHDRIVE)
            -> USER1

-> COMPANIES
         -> COMPANY1
         -> DAO1

*/

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:25:07 PM

well, if any dash post receives loads of troll posts from the same coin/team every-damn-time, then i believe is quite related

You can not bias pure facts like those presented above. These are detailed events that took place. I don't know much about monero. However i'm sure if it was a provable observable scam like xcoin/dark/dash was there would be detailed threads proving this as there is for dash. I can only assume there is no provable observable evidence monero is a scam. However, if you or anyone can prove it is then of course you should go for it. I don't think after 2 years there is anything to find or else it would already have been presented.

This isn't mean to be a pure dash witch hunt. All scams should be highlighted and prevented from shilling on the main board. Not just dash. There are others, Dash is the most obvious I have seen but there are more devious scams happening they have just not grown as large in USD terms as Dash as yet so nobody notices or cares at this point. They will come under closer scrutiny as they grow. So it is foolish to support any scam.

All scams need to be confined to their scam threads if not deleted entirely and reported to any authorities that can deal with them.

Days

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:25:49 PM

Since they can't code, they will attack him. Can't wait for their GUI wallet to come out so their community then will realize how foolish they were to follow a coin that has developers who run a gambling site Fluffypony, giving another developer the highest win of 21800 Moneros "while having a guy named ARIEL being the 2nd top loser on Monerodice lol"; while having another developer Smooth working on two projects Aeon/monero and an officially been spam artist in this forum without actually developing any of these coins! amazing right?

What I like about Evan is that he's a doer no matter what haters say about him + the fact that he is an excellent programmer.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:29:29 PM

nonsense.

FUD?

A dashers version of FUD is

FACTS UNCOVERING DECEPTION

there are no new facts required. The facts that exist are enough to demonstrate clearly it is a scam coin.

Go check the polls. Enough polls have been conducted. Dash is known and accepted as the largest scam to date on this board.

I personally think there are a few others that are up there too. They were just slightly less obvious about it.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:34:59 PM

Since they can't code, they will attack him. Can't wait for their GUI wallet to come out so their community then will realize how foolish they were to follow a coin that has developers who run a gambling site Fluffypony, giving another developer the highest win of 21800 Moneros "while having a guy named ARIEL being the 2nd top loser on Monerodice lol"; while having another developer Smooth working on two projects Aeon/monero and an officially been spam artist in this forum without actually developing any of these coins! amazing right?

What I like about Evan is that he's a doer no matter what haters say about him + the fact that he is an excellent programmer.

Your post refutes none of the facts presented above.

DASH is a scam. Does not matter if Evans is a doer or not. Evans is a scammer.

Monero is not relevant to this discussion. Start your own monero thread if you have any evidence of wrong doing. You do not hence why there is no well documented monero scam threads. This is diversion only.

There is no haters. I do not hate Evans. He would have done the air drop in my opinion because he knows that the coin can go further without the scam start and that would have made some reparations for the captive instamine and the slashing of the minting. I think he regrets his actions and would like to undo them. I think dash whales around him control him. Like they did the day he offered the air drop. Some say he was not serious. I know he was deadly serious. He is rash and has human traits. He knows offering it admits guilt and wrong doing.

I think he is okay. However, with regards dash he has been a scammer. The coin dash must be crushed. Evans may start another project with a clean sheet. If it proves impossible to crush entirely then it must be always known that it started out as being a premeditated scam and we must anchor that to the project forever. There are many that will not see Dash excused as it stands now.

He can still yet do the right thing.

BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:36:41 PM

The only thing that Evan was guilty of is being excited, enthusiastic, and lacking foresight about what he was doing. You have to understand the timing as well. This was a time when several coins were hitting the market every day. Evan was excited about his creation and wanted to launch as soon as possible. His enthusiasm can be seen in the post you quoted.

Thank you for sharing your opinion, however.

Thank you for answering. That's an explanation that seems plausible. Fair enough.

Even if he was so excited and enthusiastic about launching it, as a smart guy, he should have known that his decision will be followed by consequences.  

Maybe it was because of his lack of foresight, but don't you see the troubling implications if that conclusion is right?

Grown people accept consequences and move forward. What was your point?

BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:38:59 PM

Monero is not relevant to this discussion. Start your own monero thread if you have any evidence of wrong doing. You do not hence why there is no well documented monero scam threads. This is diversion only.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=monero+scam

Edit: Missing hint -> First link

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 07:40:12 PM

Shitcoiner's Logic

#3. FUD. If 1 and 2 aren't doing the trick just keep repeating FUD (while simultaneously slipping in every possible negative you can about them or whatever coin they endorse). Politicians call this mudslinging, but we'll call it FUDslingin'.

stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:40:34 PM

Standards are falling, you get what you pay for and 5XMR a day gets piss poor fud Grin

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:48:17 PM

Standards are falling, you get what you pay for and 5XMR a day gets piss poor fud Grin

stan distortion = great name for one attempting to distort the truth about dash. Here have another read of this piss poor fud..

FUD

FACTS UNCOVERING DECEPTION.

Let's take a look at the first 5 h of Darkcoin (XCoin at that time)...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4589219#msg4589219
Edufield said (after failed launch) that he will wait the next day to launch DRK (XCoin at that time) it is 11 pm.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4591407#msg4591407
Edufield disregard windows wallet and daemon and hurry up his launch, presumably to not have windows miners on board.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4592827#msg4592827
Edufield say he added four nodes for the launch at 4 am (5 hours later, despite his promise to wait). The 4 nodes from Edufield are 3 amazons AWS + another unknown (whois IP). Launch started at 3h54 am.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4593601#msg4593601
Edufield said the github version was not updated, nobody could compile and only Edufield was able to mine until that time. It is 5.09 am and Edufield instamined alone 1153 block at 500 DRK + 60 block at reward 277 = 593120 DRK for him alone in about 1 hour.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4593987#msg4593987
No windows wallet confirmed at 5h47 am, despite a user attempt to make one avaiable, that Edufield dismissed quickly.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4594096#msg4594096
Illodin, understand dev has instamined alot of coin.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4595573#msg4595573
From this list of nodes, at 8h34 am (4h40 after launch) there were 50 Amazon AWS node and 50 microsoft cloud computing instamining DRK (checked using IP whois service). This is 100/124 nodes using cloud computing to instamine DRK. We are at block 2870 and block reward is 500. From block 1153-1729 block reward is 277. After that it is 500 again hence 2294 block at 500 + 576 at 277 = 1306552 DRK (worth about 13M$ now) were instamined in less than 5 hour by Edufield and coworkers using about 100 cloud mining instances. Edufield himself instamined in not even 5 h from 600K to 1169K DRK ((1306K-600K)*100/124 + 600K) depending how many of the 100 cloud mining instance were its own. All this while having purposefully set the difficult ridiculously low and block reward 100 times what it is now.

From 6M$ - 13M$ in 5 h, Edufield did some lucrative work here!

Edufield is nominee for the Master Scammer 2014 award!

dispute the facts not start on about some other coin ...make your own threads for that.

Days

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:49:07 PM

nonsense.

FUD?

there are no new facts required. The facts that exist are enough to demonstrate clearly it is a scam coin.

Go check the polls. Enough polls have been conducted. Dash is known and accepted as the largest scam to date on this board.

I personally think there are a few others that are up there too. They were just slightly less obvious about it.

I learned that polls in this forum is pure manipulative & makes no sense, what you been blabbering I already read it on Dash.org they are not hiding it. Are you facing your computer screen feeling discouraged of how Evan is still being successful while you & your friends kept hating for two years? probably because no one was scammed and probably because he worked hard for what he gave crypto so far.

Just a thought what about I make a poll asking people in this full of smart people forum. Like this one for example :

If a chicken sleeps with a donkey what do they produce?

1. a donkey with chicken body.
2. a chicken with a donkey body.
3. Hard to tell.
4. This can not happen you silly you silly boy!

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:50:42 PM

nonsense.

FUD?

I learned that polls in this forum is pure manipulative & makes no sense, what you been blabbering I already read it on Dash.org they are not hiding it. Are you facing your computer screen feeling discouraged of how Evan is still being successful while you & your friends kept hating for two years? probably because no one was scammed and probably because he worked hard for what he gave crypto so far.

Just a thought what about I make a poll asking people in this full of smart people forum. Like this one for example :

If a chicken sleeps with a donkey what do they produce?

1. a donkey with chicken body.
2. a chicken with a donkey body.
3. Hard to tell.
4. This can not happen you silly you silly boy!

read again then comment

Let's take a look at the first 5 h of Darkcoin (XCoin at that time)...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4589219#msg4589219
Edufield said (after failed launch) that he will wait the next day to launch DRK (XCoin at that time) it is 11 pm.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4591407#msg4591407
Edufield disregard windows wallet and daemon and hurry up his launch, presumably to not have windows miners on board.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4592827#msg4592827
Edufield say he added four nodes for the launch at 4 am (5 hours later, despite his promise to wait). The 4 nodes from Edufield are 3 amazons AWS + another unknown (whois IP). Launch started at 3h54 am.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4593601#msg4593601
Edufield said the github version was not updated, nobody could compile and only Edufield was able to mine until that time. It is 5.09 am and Edufield instamined alone 1153 block at 500 DRK + 60 block at reward 277 = 593120 DRK for him alone in about 1 hour.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4593987#msg4593987
No windows wallet confirmed at 5h47 am, despite a user attempt to make one avaiable, that Edufield dismissed quickly.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4594096#msg4594096
Illodin, understand dev has instamined alot of coin.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4595573#msg4595573
From this list of nodes, at 8h34 am (4h40 after launch) there were 50 Amazon AWS node and 50 microsoft cloud computing instamining DRK (checked using IP whois service). This is 100/124 nodes using cloud computing to instamine DRK. We are at block 2870 and block reward is 500. From block 1153-1729 block reward is 277. After that it is 500 again hence 2294 block at 500 + 576 at 277 = 1306552 DRK (worth about 13M$ now) were instamined in less than 5 hour by Edufield and coworkers using about 100 cloud mining instances. Edufield himself instamined in not even 5 h from 600K to 1169K DRK ((1306K-600K)*100/124 + 600K) depending how many of the 100 cloud mining instance were its own. All this while having purposefully set the difficult ridiculously low and block reward 100 times what it is now.

From 6M$ - 13M$ in 5 h, Edufield did some lucrative work here!

Days

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:51:17 PM

Shitcoiner's Logic

#3. FUD. If 1 and 2 aren't doing the trick just keep repeating FUD (while simultaneously slipping in every possible negative you can about them or whatever coin they endorse). Politicians call this mudslinging, but we'll call it FUDslingin'.

Monerodice buddy, u know I am right. go check it
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:57:22 PM

People will be able to create entities on the blockchain (groups, users, companies), these are really simple objects and only have a publickey and a name basically. They allow someone to own an alias which represents something in the real world, like my identity on here. By the way this is exactly the way the evolution documents describe the process of implementing these systems, these are the "network primitives". Next, using these identities you'll be able to create a proposal or contract, which is then controllable in the future. You can add things to it, like reports.

Reports have a date and a url. It's just a really simple abstraction of exactly what we're going to need over the next 5-10 years and nothing more. They'll live elsewhere, perhaps all over the internet.

Groups of people working together are managed with decentralized autonomous organizations. We could have DAOs for DashCORE, DashResearch (vending machines, etc?), DashFoundationLLC, etc. So when the foundation wants to get funding for something, we can group all of the requests together and see how much funding they've gotten total and other metrics. Graphing these metrics out over long periods of time is going to allow people to study our currency and figure out how it's growing, what is working and what is not.

Here's a comment from my code of the layout of the network:

/*
   CATEGORY MAPPING

* means the category has an associated class

DASH NETWORK (ROOT)
      -> NETWORK VARIABLE
         -> switch, setting
      -> CATEGORIES
         -> LEVEL
            -> I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI
         -> VALUEOVERRIDE
            -> NETWORK, OWNER
         -> ACTOR
            -> GROUP*
               -> CORE, NONCORE
            -> USER*
               -> CORE, NONCORE
            -> COMPANY* / ORGANIZATION
               -> DAO
               -> COMMITTEE
                  -> BUSINESS, RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT, AMBASSADOR
               -> FORPROFIT
                  -> LLC, INC
               -> NOTFORPROFIT
                  -> 501c3, 501c6
         -> PROJECT*
            -> TYPES
               -> SOFTWARE
                  -> CORE, NONCORE
               -> HARDWARE
               -> PR
            -> PROJECT REPORT*
               -> UPDATE
            -> PROJECT MILESTONE*
               -> START, ONGOING, COMPLETE, FAILURE
            -> PROPOSAL*
               -> FUNDING, GOVERNANCE, AMEND, GENERIC
            -> CONTRACT*
               -> TYPE
                  -> INTERNAL, EXTERNAL
               -> STATUS
                  -> OK
      -> GROUPS
         -> GROUP1
            -> USER1 (only users are allowed here in this scope)
            -> USER2
         -> GROUP2 (EVO)
            -> VALUEOVERRIDE (STORE=DASHDRIVE)
            -> USER1

-> COMPANIES
         -> COMPANY1
         -> DAO1

*/

The category mapping and its associated classes look pretty neat.
Something tells me Dash Github Visualization 2016 will be interesting.

For those curious about 2014 / 2015 :

Dash (Darkcoin) Github Visualization 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai5V4Upblog

Dash Github Visualization 2015*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNCm-6GCCSE

* due to Dash forking from Bitcoin you will see not only development on Dash but also on Bitcoin

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 08:04:37 PM

there you go again, getting confused about the facts .. let me clear them up for you :

Interview with Evan Duffield, Winner of 2014 Proof of Honor Award
https://dashtalk.org/threads/interview-with-evan-duffield-winner-of-2014-proof-of-honor-award.3626/

2014 Proof of Honor (POH) Awards | Results Posted!  
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=920053.0

we understand .. cryptohunter, keeping to the facts and telling the truth is something you are strugging with for some time now...

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 08:04:46 PM

Shitcoiner's Logic

Monerodice buddy, u know I am right. go check it

How does monerodice = dash isn't a scam by way of its instamine?

You should warm-up before you attempt those type of logical contortions--you might pull a muscle or something.

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 08:12:04 PM

Thank you qwizzie for bringing those valuable pieces of information forward.

And thank you storytellers for continuing to keep us enthralled with the events of 48 hours two years ago. We owe you a debt of gratitude for keeping our memories refreshed. However, as I said earlier, you will not control the narrative of this thread which is focusing on the present and the future of Dash.

Dash has a great team, great technology, governance, funding and is well poised to be the Internet of Money. Dash Nation is growing, and we're always looking for more talent to help us build a true decentralized digital cash, just as Satoshi envisioned it. Something it looks like Bitcoin is incapable of doing.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 08:26:16 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2016, 10:18:54 PM by smooth

And thank you storytellers for continuing to keep us enthralled with the events of 48 hours two years ago.

If you aren't interested in two years ago you might be interested in current misleading, incomplete, and deceptive statements still being used to scam investors:

For example, the current ANN says:

- Dash has no premine and was fairly and transparently launched

LOL.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: