Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:52:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dash: The Future Internet Of Money?  (Read 15508 times)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 02:48:22 PM

False argument -> "non-availability of the fair availability during the instamining"

It was available to anyone with:

- A CPU
- Linux SO
- Internet connection

IQ much?

But not for those using windows or were asleep or couldn't get the necessary equipment in Evan's 24 hour window--though he only needed a few of those hours to get enough to equate unfair, but my guess is he only planned for the sleep window and the rest was bonus (like the later emissions cut).

You mined bitcoin in the first year or were you sleeping? I was...  Roll Eyes

A year versus a day? I think your comparison is 364X off.

I think not. More people (diferent people? decentralized people?) mined Dash in the first 48h than in bitcoin's first year soo... yeah  Roll Eyes

Assuming that each miner is an individual means you are gullible, stupid, ignorant or are conveniently rationalizing the circumstances that equate to a positive outcome for your investment--soooo.....  

Do you really think anyone is naïve enough to believe this rationale? I mean anyone outside the gates of scientology or dashland?

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 02:50:58 PM

Yeah... not much point trying to have a sensible discussion with Anonymint around, he seems to be capable of having an argument all by himself in some other dimension where the contents of that post has something to do with buzzwords. Not sure why I even bother replying, posters living in divergent realities is a moderation issue.

Fwiw and to try to get back to at least some connection with the thread topic terms like "the internet of things" piss me off nearly as much as "Bitcoin 2.0" but that's because they're so frequently misused. The idea behind the internet of things is immediately recognisable to any programmer as it's the programming concept of "objects" applied to real world things, their interaction adds a world of complexity to regular programming practices but the principles are just the same and a common platform for handling them is the only real first step that can be taken to develop them.

That's the point of things like Etherium and IOTA, the "world computer" idea but they may be trying to do too much to soon, it's obviously the direction things will take but the route that will take isn't really clear from here. For now the focus with Dash is simply the entities, mainly as the users and the means of handling the interactions we know are needed and with room to expand those interactions in whatever direction they may take. That doesn't mean Dash intends to compete with Etherium btw, it's just a no-brainer that the programming concept of objects will extend to real world things and the obvious first candidate for that is real world users.

You just said absolutely nothing about how dash actually plans to integrate with IOT--explaining IOT in vague manner and implying that (somehow) dash will be able to work with IOT is about as useful as me vaguely explaining spaceflight and intimating that with a 3d printer I could build a spaceship--possibly, someday.

Is there a whitepaper? Or is this coffee/water-cooler fantasy?

Its covered throughout the Evolution whitepaper and some parts of that are available now with the (experimental) Electrum Dash wallet:
https://www.dash.org/binaries/evo/DashPaper-v13-v1.pdf#h.yptb7wvfe8g1
EDIT: https://www.dash.org/binaries/evo/DashPaper-v13-v1.pdf#h.j19rjrbvfviu

Nothing in that paper really goes into detail on "things" because in short that's a buzzword for the programming concept of objects and programmers often have a blindspot when it comes to explaining things they take for granted in programming to none programmers (the "user" in those links is a programming object). That applies from top to bottom with the hype around the internet of things, get to grips with the programming concept of objects and "things" just becomes a (slightly irritating) different term for them.

You could have just said coffee/water-cooler fantasy.

BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 03:01:27 PM

some nonsense

So you are saying more people (not your kind of miners  Roll Eyes ) mined bitcoin in the first year than dash in the first 48h?
Hint: A yes or no is enough  Wink

PS: you just keep confirming your alias over and over.... it's kind of boring after a while  Roll Eyes

HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 03:03:59 PM

It is not possible predict, which will be Nr.2 crypto after Bitcoin. There are a lot of altcoins nowadays, market will make decision by itself in next several years.  Wink
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 03:11:03 PM

some nonsense

So you are saying more people (not your kind of miners  Roll Eyes ) mined bitcoin in the first year than dash in the first 48h?
Hint: A yes or no is enough  Wink

PS: you just keep confirming your alias over and over.... it's kind of boring after a while  Roll Eyes

That's incorrect. What I'm saying is that due to the circumstances of the instamine, who can tell? Assuming that the dash numbers are all separate miners is absurd, but it's the only way you could assert that dash has an equal to, or greater than, distribution as Bitcoin in the first year--not that that in itself makes dash well distributed (many hate Satoshi's % and will point to that as to why BTC hasn't seen mass adoption).

Also, you should probably stop pointing to my name, as yours (and your brainfart assertions) leads one to believe that you are describing yourself---the day nuance equals generalization, is the day you'll have one up on me.

stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 03:12:42 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2016, 03:30:17 PM by stan.distortion

It is not possible predict, which will be Nr.2 crypto after Bitcoin. There are a lot of altcoins nowadays, market will make decision by itself in next several years.  Wink

Very true but I doubt it will be settled in 2 years time, its quite likely the number of useful chains will likely grow exponentially at some stage as they carve out niches for themselves. Dashes target in that is simply digital cash, the key points that make up "money" at the core with ways of making it useful on top but you could see chains for every damn thing before too long, right down to every item on a supermarket shelf but things like company shares will probably be one of the first to move.

EDIT: The properties that make up money:
http://money.visualcapitalist.com/infographic-the-properties-of-money/

Its used as an infographic in Toa's excellent article linked in the OP:
https://www.rebelmouse.com/dashnation/the-internet-1715527827.html

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
BrainShutdown
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 03:29:42 PM

That's incorrect. What I'm saying is that due to the circumstances of the instamine, who can tell? Assuming that the dash numbers are all separate miners is absurd, but it's the only way you could assert that dash has an equal to, or greater than, distribution as Bitcoin in the first year--not that that in itself makes dash well distributed (many hate Satoshi's % and will point to that as to why BTC hasn't seen mass adoption).

That's correct, who can tell?

Distribution cannot be asserted with confidence in any cryptocurrency and so cannot be used as a negative when making "legitimacy" comparisons. It's really simple.

Edit: Except in the case of bitcoin, just a handfull of "known" people

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 03:31:32 PM

Distribution cannot be asserted with confidence in any cryptocurrency and so cannot be used as a negative when making "legitimacy" comparisons. It's really simple.

Your BrainShutdown:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999886.msg14501341#msg14501341

It is becoming clear that Dash is the coin for the batshit insane, the retarded, and the incapable.

BrainShutdown
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 03:33:38 PM

Your BrainShutdown:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999886.msg14501341#msg14501341

It is becoming clear that Dash is the coin for the batshit insane, the retarded, and the incapable.

And you have credentials to back this up I guess...

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 03:44:09 PM

Edit: Except in the case of bitcoin, just a handfull of "known" people

Ah, but it can be used to make negative claims for legitimacy. It's really simple, let me dumb it down for you.

Coin A's distribution is 10% of total supply over a year's period.

Coin B's distribution is 10% of total supply over a day's period.

In all likelihood, given both coins are launched with similar mining interest, which coin has the better distribution?

Now, what's really funny is that the argument for dash's redistribution is that the coin was cheap and no one wanted it on the exchanges--making the likelihood that there were very few miners more likely.

Thanks, brainshutdown, I wouldn't have noticed that logic-fail without your help.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 03:46:21 PM

Sure. So what coin(s) do you recommend based on your superior requirements?

What is your goal?

1. Short-term profits: gambling or P&D?
2. Long-term profits?
3. Ideological investment to support crypto-currency adoption?

Answers:

1. Close your eyes and pick some from a grab brag or get on the inside with a good scammer with a good technobabble story.
2. Bitcoin (maybe Monero, but I would prefer Bitcoin yet Monero has greater potential long-term upside)
3. IMO and AFAICS, no realistic choice yet available, other than Bitcoin ecosystem investments

BrainShutdown
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 03:48:38 PM

In all likelihood, given both coins are launched with similar mining interest, which coin has the better distribution?

What coins are you comparing exactly? Because you just generalized again...

BrainShutdown
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 03:52:47 PM

What is your goal?

2. Long-term profits?

Answers:

1. Close your eyes and pick some from a grab brag or get on the inside with a good scammer.
2. Bitcoin (maybe Monero, but I would prefer Bitcoin yet Monero has greater potential long-term upside)
3. IMO and AFAICS, no realistic choice yet available, other than Bitcoin ecosystem investments

Fair enough. I just don't get why you picked Monero for #2 (along with BTC) knowing that it started as a #1. Can you specify your reasoning?

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 04:01:31 PM

I guess you could call comparing like things to arrive at a logical most likely conclusion a generalization, then you can go on say people using math are generalizing.

Dash versus a dash clone would be the best (most fair) comparison, though why anyone would want a clone of a badly designed coin is beyond me.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 04:03:05 PM

What is your goal?

2. Long-term profits?

Answers:

1. Close your eyes and pick some from a grab brag or get on the inside with a good scammer.

Fair enough. I just don't get why you picked Monero for #2 (along with BTC) knowing that it started as a #1. Can you specify your reasoning?

Bitcoin has 100 times more adoption (don't compare by market cap) given by transaction fees and equivalent power consumption for hashrate than any altcoin. So it currently has the only realistic chance of furthering crypto-currency adoption. Any other coin would have to grow 100 times before it is even making any improvement. 100 times adoption growth is extremely unrealistic.

Thus Bitcoin is the most stable for long-term growth and the most liquid. Bitcoin could possibly fall apart with the block size scaling problems, but I assume this will get resolved with increasing centralization and/or rising transaction fees.

Monero has the best of breed privacy that no other coin can touch. They are implementing RingCT which combined with Cryptonote will hide values, sender, and recipient. This is all End-to-End principled, so Dash is just a nonsense toy compared to Monero w.r.t. to anonymity (notwithstanding many other technical and economic flaws in Dash). Monero has a real cryptographer who is expert in algebraic geometric and other abstract math. Dash doesn't have this. There is no other coin out there with a realistic technology that actually works. Ethereum, List, Iota, MaidSafe, Sia, Storj, Synereo, etc are all flawed and won't work.

There is only one non-bullshit coin with innovation. Monero. Period.

stan.distortion

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 04:07:36 PM

Lol, way OT but whatever, at least Dash has such amazing innovations as a GUI wallet, several of them even which is several more than another coin being heavily promoted in this thread Wink Want to see real innovation? Read the link in the first post.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 04:08:50 PM

Lol, way OT but whatever, at least Dash has such amazing innovations as a GUI wallet, several of them even which is several more than another coin being heavily promoted in this thread Wink Want to see real innovation? Read the link in the first post.

A GUI wallet does not a technology make.

Yeah more innovation such as the high school math error that was in the InstantX white paper for 1 year until I read the paper.

stan.distortion

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 04:11:34 PM

A GUI wallet does not a technology make.

Whatever, piss poor technology without one and piss poor devs that spend 2 years trying to make one but that beats the crap out of the pace of development of your own coin all the same Wink

But anyway, wtf does that have to do with Dash and the future internet of money?

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 04:12:37 PM

OMG A GUI! What coin doesn't have one of those? Even the coin you're trying to slam has one--though the developers have wisely adopted the strategy of building the coin to exact specifications before offering an official version. Some developers try and build the thing before they sell the thing--less rationalizing by the community of how great it will be (when it's fixed, err finished), and more observance of what the coin is today, as it stands, without the haze of BS.

BrainShutdown
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 04:13:00 PM

I guess you could call comparing like things to arrive at a logical most likely conclusion a generalization, then you can go on say people using math are generalizing.

You are generalizing this variable:

- similar mining interest

It's easy to miss variables I know... if you eliminate all the specifics the conclusion is obvious

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: