Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:06:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dash: The Future Internet Of Money?  (Read 15508 times)
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 05:14:31 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2016, 05:31:59 AM by TPTB_need_war

TaoOfSaatoshi deleted this information from his illegal Dash hype thread:

The Tao/Satoshi Index

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

True index is 1/663 = 0.0015

If it is any consolation, Dash's coinmarketcap.com marketcap is closer to its "Adoption-adjusted Market Cap" than Ethereum's and Litecoin's are.

I thus suggest an idea for a new metric for ranking altcoins.

Sqrt(M x H)

M = Mean transactions fees paid per unit time to decentralized proof-of-work miners
H = hash rate (normalized in electricity cost per hash to SHA256).

Using M = Sent avg. per hour, H = Hashrate (normalized):

Coin |Relative Adoption |Ratio |Adoption-adjusted Market Cap
1.Bitcoin6.5×10¹²1$6.4 billion
2.Namecoin8.6x10¹⁰1/76$85 million
3.Ethereum6.6x10¹⁰1/99$65 million
4.Litecoin1.3x10¹⁰1/500$13 million
5.Dash9.8x10⁹1/663$10 million
6.Blackcoin7.4x10⁸1/8784$0.7 million
7.Dogecoin6.1x10⁸1/10656$0.6 million
8.Auroracoin5.8x10⁶1/1120690$5,931

I edited the table above so readers can see the "Adoption-adjusted Market Caps".

You can see how pitiful the altcoins are.

Edit: your investment money is being siphoned off into the pockets of the insiders of these coins. None of it is achieving any significant adoption.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 05:17:45 AM

The lower emission now is a good thing no? Less inflation. Someone buying Dash now would be secure in knowing that their funds will not rapidly devalue due to many coins being produced.

Thank you for making me feel even better about my investment! On top of all the other cool stuff, now I can mention that to newcomers as well.

This conversation has been invaluable to me. I hope more of you show up with good news...

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 05:25:00 AM

In the last half hour, I got 20 more visitors to www.rebelmouse.com/dashnation.

Thank you to all who read this. I look forward to meeting all who decide to join Dash Nation. You will be part of a positive, professional, ambitious community which seeks to build the Internet Of Money. It's very exciting to be a part of.

Good night all, and gentlemen, please continue to tell your stories and send people to my site.

Cheers, Tao

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 05:25:07 AM

Hey, I heard that you can break InstantX. When can we expect that to happen? I will personally tip you if you do it. Don't disappoint me. Generalize this said you could.

I found a high school level probability math error in the InstantX white paper that had been there for a guess roughly a year and nobody had done the peer review. So this tells you there is no world-class development team.

The white paper was claiming astronomical odds of colluding masternodes able to corrupt the InstantX transactions. I showed the probability was much more reasonable. I forget the exact quantification, but it roughly dropped in the range of a some akair double-digit percentage of the masternodes would enable corrupting afair single-digit x% of the InstantX transactions.

So the difficulty in attacking that version of InstantX (assuming it hasn't been somehow improved in some yet undocumented manner) is I need to acquire the masternodes and then I need to do the development coding. I would thus risk destroying the value of all that DRK locked up for masternodes because the price of DRK would likely plummet if I attack it. I don't know if there is any way for me to short DRK with sufficient size and liquidity and also why would I want to risk a short position on trying to prove this? I have neither the funds nor time to waste on that when working on my project is worth $millions to me in opportunity cost. I have said that in the future if Dash is not already dead and I have $millions, then I will likely pay a hacker to destroy Dash because I view it (my opinion) as an major scam that is defrauding our community.

The reason the InstantX flaw (and other flaws) matter is because:

1. It exemplifies how inept the Dash development team is. There are surely more flaws lurking that no one has peer reviewed.

2. If Dash scales up, then there will be many hackers with the motivation to attack it and short it. So these flaws although not worth any of us attacking now, actually insure it is quite implausible that Dash could ever scale up to do anything in real adoption. Also the masternode scam violates the principle of trustless, non-centralization which is necessary to promote network effects (i.e. for others to invest their company in your technology).

On top of that, afaics (based on limited information Evan has released) Evolution is flawed and really doesn't solve any problems of scaling. I will wait until after it is released to explain why. So that will be hanging over your head.

Nice post. You know your shit. But I will tell you the same thing I told generalize this. Until someone actually attacks Dash and breaks it, these statements are conjecture.

No the conclusions are from math. Math is not conjecture (there are theoretical conjectures made in research math but that is not the applied math employed here). I understand math is something your worm-class development team doesn't do, so I do pardon your misconceptualization.

But another thing while we're on the topic... Why don't you present these findings to Dash for a reward? If you are right and this is an attack vector, I will personally submit a proposal to pay you for your trouble. See, Dash isn't all bad.

Because I don't want to join you fools in jail. Besides I have an ethical position against helping scams. And you couldn't pay me enough any way to take me away from my opportunity cost and passion to actually create a decentralized solution, not this lie masternode scam that you refuse to admit is not decentralized. Distributed != decentralized.

And another thing. These scams that you guys are screaming everywhere about? I wasn't here for the instamine, was I scammed?

Yes. But since you appear to be an accomplice, you are also scamming by promoting lies or half-truths to investors (make sure you understand securities law).

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 05:27:01 AM

That ought to be good for another $20,000 additional market cap, assuming some of them weren't going there to see how much you are misrepresenting truth of disclosure in investment securities.

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 05:29:34 AM

Excellent. You don't know when to quit! I love it.

Days

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:17:11 AM

That ought to be good for another $20,000 additional market cap, assuming some of them weren't going there to see how much you are misrepresenting truth of disclosure in investment securities.

Why don't you break their coin and take their bounty, you know making up things with Monero shills over and over again about Dash won't help. You guys need to step it up a bit like proving their awesome innovations is flawed by actually breaking into their flawed coin like you guys been blabbering for TWO years now.

Speaking of these two years Evan created Darksend, InstantX, x11, and decentralized governance & funding while you guys still struggelling with a GUI wallet, ohh wait I get it why you the awesome crypto genius with a very high IQ like you said about your self help these poor developers including Smooth here and make them finish it for them? can you do that? I mean they got their donations done from their community already I am sure they can give you at least half of it if you can finish it for them.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:21:14 AM

Make the bounty in BTC at a proven BTC address and make it 1000 BTC.

If Dash can't secure $425,000 in value, then it is useless.

That might make it worth my opportunity cost. I would surely investigate if the BTC is in a reliable escrow.

Another hacker would probably beat me to it. You'd have many more people trying to attack it.

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:49:39 AM

I would prefer a fork of Bitcoin without Satoshi holding over a million bitcoins but still that doesnt stop me from using Bitcoin and it sure doesnt
stop Bitcoin from getting used in general.

If something has value and is useable, people will use it.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Days

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 08:56:33 AM

That might make it worth my opportunity cost. I would surely investigate if the BTC is in a reliable escrow.

Another hacker would probably beat me to it. You'd have many more people trying to attack it.

Looking at your history begging Monero/ETH to hire you, make me think you will work for much cheaper saying you would do it for 1000 BTC just makes you look more ignorant and pure jealous of Evan's success.

Also looking at your Linkedin profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/shelby-moore-iii-b31488b0 it seems to me that you are living now in the philippines  probably because you can't afford living in your own country yet asking for a 1000 BTC as if you are a big shot crypto developer when in fact you are one big mouth dude with full of hot air just like your buddy Smooth.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 10:10:10 AM

Looking at your history begging Monero/ETH to hire you, make me think you will work for much cheaper saying you would do it for 1000 BTC just makes you look more ignorant and pure jealous of Evan's success.

Also looking at your Linkedin profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/shelby-moore-iii-b31488b0 it seems to me that you are living now in the philippines  probably because you can't afford living in your own country yet asking for a 1000 BTC as if you are a big shot crypto developer when in fact you are one big mouth dude with full of hot air just like your buddy Smooth.

Nice use of #1 of the shitcoiner's guide to shitcoin logic.

#1. No matter how dire the warning from those technobabling nerds sound, they can be easily refuted with one word--JEALOUSY. Say it often and say it proud and don't let their theoretical arguments get in the way of you and your rightful shitcoin future. If they tell you the algowhateverthingy is broken, say "These blankcoin motherfuckers have been saying that for months and look, our coin is still alive and stronger than ever! They're just jealous that (our coin is ahead of them on coinmarketcap.com) or (our coin has twice the innovation as that has-been and every day we're eating into their market cap)." If you can work SCARED and JEALOUS into the same post, all the better.

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 11:30:04 AM

Its interesting to see how some Monero trolls get so fullfilled with their hatred for Dash that they spread their hatred in threads when those threads are not even directed towards Dash.
I have seen it happen with iCEBREAKER when Cryptsy got hacked and a thread was made about that and i'm seeing it with generalizethis now as well
(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1426998.msg14434691#msg14434691) .. in totally unrelated threads they just have to vent their hatred for Dash.

It still amazes me how people can get so worked up about a competing cryptocurrency that they get totally consumed by it.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 11:49:57 AM

Its interesting to see how some Monero trolls get so fullfilled with their hatred for Dash that they spread their hatred in threads when those threads are not even directed towards Dash.
I have seen it happen with iCEBREAKER when Cryptsy got hacked and a thread was made about that and i'm seeing it with generalizethis now as well
(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1426998.msg14434691#msg14434691) .. in totally unrelated threads they just have to vent their hatred for Dash.

It still amazes me how people can get so worked up about a competing cryptocurrency that they get totally consumed by it.

You forgot to say JEALOUS. Amatuers  Roll Eyes

stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 12:02:53 PM

Great thread and lots of free bumps with the usual unsubstantiated arguments. X11, InstantX and Darksend are broken? And generalizethis sucks icebreakers teeny weeny cock, if you can't prove its wrong then it must be true! (He might need a few ribs removed to do it though Wink )

Dash has a big part to play in the future of internet money and here's why: Evolution. Bitcoin got where it is today by being better than our legacy economic systems, not hard considering the sorry state they're in but others had tried and failed because they where centralised and, as bad as our legacy systems are, they're very good at defending their position. Egold, Liberty Reserve and countless other innovative but centralised systems where crushed but Bitcoin succeeded through decentralisation.

You can't plan for everything though and weak points have become apparent in Bitcoin and while I've no doubt those weaknesses will be addressed they've allowed room for others to address those weaknesses head on. Few have, countless altcoins have been created but very few have targeted Bitcoins key weakness, the ability to adapt and change and that's Dashes main strength, its governance model. The blocksize debate has been going on for around 2 years, Dash resolved it in 2 days. That wasn't actually an issue for Dash but it proves a point, Dash can adapt extremely quickly, the same point was raised with X11 when ASICs came onto the scene and a decision was made in a matter of days, no point fixing what ain't broke. Dashes model works, no other coin can evolve as quickly and has a better track record for doing so and in the wild west of crypto that's what wins, survival of the fittest.

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
Timeless170

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 12:04:07 PM

shhhhh relax, take a few deep breaths
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 12:05:14 PM

I see that you alias fits perfectly  Cool

I know, I know mine too  Roll Eyes

LiskEnterprise

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 12:50:23 PM

so many clones so many coins

http://heatledger.com LIVE ICO 3.0 GENERATION CRYPTO WITH COMPANY STOCK IPO OPTIONS
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 01:54:09 PM

i would like to share this song for the supposed to be users of this " Dash: future of internet money"

got banned for 2 weeks for posting it in dash thread  Cool

"Another One Bites The DASH"
Oh! Let's go!

Evan walks warily down the bitcointalk
With the price pulled way down low.
Ain't no sound but the sound of his hype,
DASH shills ready to go.

Are you ready, hey, are you ready for this?
Are you hanging on the edge of your BTCs?
Out of the doorway the hypes rips
To the sound of the dump

Another one bites the DASH
And another one gone, and another one gone
Hey, I'm gonna get your BTC too

How do you think I'm going to get along
Without you when your BTCs gone?
You took me for everything that I had
And kicked me out on my own

Are you unhappy, are you broke?
How long can you stand the dump?
To the sound of the dump

[Chorus]

There are plenty of ways that you can butthurt a man
And bring him to the ground
You can beat him, you can cheat him
You can treat him bad and leave him when he's down

But I'm ready, yes, I'm ready for you
I'm standing on my own two feet
Repeating to the sound of the dump
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 01:59:46 PM

i would like to share this song for the supposed to be users of this " Dash: future of internet money"

got banned for 2 weeks for posting it in dash thread  Cool

"Another One Bites The DASH"
Oh! Let's go!

Evan walks warily down the bitcointalk
With the price pulled way down low.
Ain't no sound but the sound of his hype,
DASH shills ready to go.

Are you ready, hey, are you ready for this?
Are you hanging on the edge of your BTCs?
To the sound of the dump

And another one gone, and another one gone
Hey, I'm gonna get your BTC too

How do you think I'm going to get along
Without you when your BTCs gone?
You took me for everything that I had
And kicked me out on my own

Are you unhappy, are you broke?
How long can you stand the dump?
To the sound of the dump

[Chorus]

There are plenty of ways that you can butthurt a man
And bring him to the ground
You can beat him, you can cheat him
You can treat him bad and leave him when he's down

But I'm ready, yes, I'm ready for you
I'm standing on my own two feet
Repeating to the sound of the dump

banned from their thread or banned from the board??
Who banned you?

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 02:03:33 PM

Guess I'm going to have add another section on straight-up trolling (pee-pee jokes, classic shitcoinery). Thanks for the inspiration.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1430839.msg14472374#msg14472374

In all seriousness though, can anyone tell me how dash would "fix" an X11 exploit? I know, I ask and ask, but if you could just answer, or even tell me you don't have one, it would probably be a huge time saver for both of us. Thanks.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: