Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:59:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dash: The Future Internet Of Money?  (Read 15508 times)
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 12:07:43 AM

Dashholders check in but they never check out.
I checked out.

It is certainly true that receiving masternode payments, voting on budget proposals through you masternode and working towards your next masternode
can all become very addictive. Dashholders seem to make more longterm goals for themselves.

Don't forget about the miners who secure your essential POW network, having to give (45%!!) of their hard-earned to people who have no running costs.

Without Masternodes they would either secure a shitcoin without value or they wouldn't even bother to mine it.
Masternode network is what gives Dash value. Darksend and Instantx is there thanks to it.

In this I agree, but the rewards are grossly excessive for the services provided.

The current miners will sell all the Dash that they make to pay for their ASIC, then they will sell the ASIC to someone who will attempt to do the same thing, then another ASIC comes out...ad infintitum

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 12:11:10 AM

I checked out.

It is certainly true that receiving masternode payments, voting on budget proposals through you masternode and working towards your next masternode
can all become very addictive. Dashholders seem to make more longterm goals for themselves.

Don't forget about the miners who secure your essential POW network, having to give (45%!!) of their hard-earned to people who have no running costs.

Without Masternodes they would either secure a shitcoin without value or they wouldn't even bother to mine it.
Masternode network is what gives Dash value. Darksend and Instantx is there thanks to it.

In this I agree, but the rewards are grossly excessive for the services provided.

Not so sure. It was said that Dash needs something like 4000 MN to scale up. At the beginning you risk a lot in this highly volatile market thus you get a high reward (in Dash not $). Once network will be approx. at 4000 MN, you're going to get about 6 dash per MN per month. It looks excessive when there are low number of nodes but not when there are thousands. It will balance itself, market discounts everything and it will be reflected in the price.

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
Mr.K563

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 12:42:58 AM

I just heard about Dash a couple months ago and since then, the more I learn, the more I like it.

Dash: The Future Internet Of Money?

Yes, I think Dash will be the Future Internet of Money, alongside other cryptocurrencies.

The future is promising and,
We are living in the middle of a revolution... There will be room for not just one, but many altcoins.

It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

live long and prosper,
Peace
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 12:49:53 AM

I checked out.

Not so sure. It was said that Dash needs something like 4000 MN to scale up.

Yes but not for years before there are any (significant number of) users. Hundreds or maybe 1000 should be enough for testing and build out.

It costs $5/month to run a node supposedly (number from this thread).  $10/month would probably be enough incentive for people to bring up a very large number of nodes, especially since people can own many nodes, which reduces the costs associated with running them.  I mean look at a coin like Monero (not shilling here, and I doubt there are any potential customers here anyway, just happens to be one I know). It has 100-300 nodes with no incentive at all. How many nodes would you get with $10/month incentive?
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 06:05:50 AM

On this I agree, but the rewards are grossly excessive for the services provided.

I showed the high school level probability math that masternodes make InstantX insecure. I've already retorted the "why don't you break it then?" bullshit, so I won't again.

Masternodes destroy the network effects that a coin needs to attain adoption. I had already explained why, so I won't again.

The Dash scammers and accomplices are always trying to spin their scam as something other than a scam. Sigh.

Lust

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 06:48:49 AM

Dash will rise when the time comes Smiley but i think i will not be that kind of mainstream like Etherium and Waves

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 07:07:18 AM

did the monero wrote that fact about infinite supply in their ann Huh   if i was an investard in monero i would feel cheated if it isnt

No one can fork Monero without the support of the decentralized miners. The distinction from the Dash masternode scam, is that a masternode is staked only once with DRK (Dash tokens) and earns 50+% ROI per annum forever after for the largest holders of Dash tokens, thus further centralizing the coin meaning there is a centralized oligarchy which the investors are relying on for their future expecation of profits which afaics fulfills the Howey test for what is an investment security that is regulated by the Securities Act. A decentralized PoW miner is constantly expending on electricity in a competitive free market. Owning a lot of Monero doesn't give you any leverage as a miner.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 07:24:20 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2016, 07:43:05 AM by toknormal

I showed the high school level probability math that masternodes make InstantX insecure...Masternodes destroy the network effects that a coin needs to attain adoption.

Thats strange. I wonder why he didn’t listen.

The thing is, bedroom wannabees that "nearly" wrote the new Microsoft Word and spend all day long trashing real projects on bitconitalk form such a rich source of authoritative technical appraisal.

Evan should understand that.

Maybe if you re-assert your awesome pedigree he'll entertain you  Wink (You've sure entertained us).

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 07:44:38 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2016, 07:55:54 AM by generalizethis

Dash will rise when the time comes Smiley but i think i will not be that kind of mainstream like Etherium and Waves

I don't how dash will rise, but I do know how it will land.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4wE_mx6HfE

The question then becomes is it just Evan's scam, or does he start revealing who else was mining (he was coordinating the instamine with) that day?  Wink

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 07:47:49 AM

I showed the high school level probability math that masternodes make InstantX insecure...Masternodes destroy the network effects that a coin needs to attain adoption.

Thats strange. I wonder why he didn’t listen.

The thing is, bedroom wannabees that "nearly" wrote the new Microsoft Word and spend all day long trashing real projects on bitconitalk form such a rich source of authoritative technical appraisal.

Evan should understand that.

Maybe if you re-assert your awesome pedigree he'll entertain you  Wink (You've sure entertained us).

Quoted for posterity, so we can refer to this in retrospect when we can more clearly see who was the (ad hominem hurling[1]) fool here.

Btw, Evan did reply on my thread and did not deny the math error. He tried to claim it was an honest mistake, yeah right.  Roll Eyes Then he disappeared upon being challenged.

[1] I suppose that is the first listed "talent" on your resume. I've never seen you respond factually nor display any significant technical acumen.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 07:51:21 AM

I don't how dash will rise, but I do know how it will land.

In your place I'd probably be more worried about getting a little note from "Harrison".

Let us know what the bill is and we'll compare notes  Grin
Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 07:52:26 AM

hello.
can some one suggest me where can I buy sell dashcoins. any trading site for Dash. I have earned some dashes and want to sell them for a valid rate.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 08:04:56 AM

Quoted for posterity, so we can refer to this in retrospect when we can more clearly see who was the (ad hominem hurling[1]) fool here.

Ah em..we're 2 years into it, not 2 days.

Better find something to pass the time while waiting for the curtain to rise on said "retrospective"  Smiley
stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 09:49:22 AM

hello.
can some one suggest me where can I buy sell dashcoins. any trading site for Dash. I have earned some dashes and want to sell them for a valid rate.

https://www.dash.org/exchanges/
As far as I know that list is up to date.

Not so sure. It was said that Dash needs something like 4000 MN to scale up.

Yes but not for years before there are any (significant number of) users. Hundreds or maybe 1000 should be enough for testing and build out.

It costs $5/month to run a node supposedly (number from this thread).  $10/month would probably be enough incentive for people to bring up a very large number of nodes, especially since people can own many nodes, which reduces the costs associated with running them.  I mean look at a coin like Monero (not shilling here, and I doubt there are any potential customers here anyway, just happens to be one I know). It has 100-300 nodes with no incentive at all. How many nodes would you get with $10/month incentive?

Probably not far off the same number, I'd guess 2000 at least but it's hard to know how much effect their returns have had on adoption. They where implemented last year and no one could have accurately predicted where prices would go in that time, they return about 6 to 8 Dash a month and $1 wouldn't be an unreasonable figure to plan for.

There's a few things in the next update that can handle that better though, one is the network will know the market fiat rate and the other is the governance will be able to make decisions to set those kind of variables, tweak fees, rewards, that kind of thing. Not sure what will be tweakable initially, fees have been mentioned and tbh I'd prefer if that was all until it's had some testing but all rewards could be given a fiat value if that's what's wanted.

When that's working I wouldn't be surprised if masternode operators decide to put a lot bigger percentage of the rewards into funding improvements Smooth, the budget system is really well liked and I think most would rather see rewards in the form of more improvements than more coins but I'm sure the devs have added up what kind of computing power they could have at these rates and are eager to make use of it Smiley

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 10:50:32 AM

Those are some very good points stan.distortion, and I'm indeed interested to see how things go with these budget/governance systems (not only Dash but also some of the other coins that have similar approaches).

Thank you for the respectful and informative exchange. I have mentioned before that I own some DASH (which is still the case), and there are things I like about it, despite being critical of others.
stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 11:13:29 AM

Those are some very good points stan.distortion, and I'm indeed interested to see how things go with these budget/governance systems (not only Dash but also some of the other coins that have similar approaches).

Thank you for the respectful and informative exchange. I have mentioned before that I own some DASH (which is still the case), and there are things I like about it, despite being critical of others.

My pleasure Smooth, I'd come across some of the others but never had a good look at how they work but I'd imagine some really interesting models will develop over time, best of luck with it if you've any thoughts on something along those lines with Monero Smiley Something I'd be a little concerned about with those variables is equilibrium, I've done a fair bit with PID loops for motion control and if a lot of variables are trying to find a balance they can get erratic, seem stable one minute then something goes just a little out of bounds and causes a big jump, that kind of thing. Lots of ways of preventing it but it can build up in the background and suddenly take you by surprise.

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 11:36:11 AM

What exactly do you like about Dash? I've seen a lot of negativity surrounding Dash here on the forum, I'm not quite sure wether the majority of it is legitimate or not.

landoadog

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 11:39:38 AM

What exactly do you like about Dash? I've seen a lot of negativity surrounding Dash here on the forum, I'm not quite sure wether the majority of it is legitimate or not.

There has been a lot of speculation about dash negativity and i dont think that dash is the future of internet money bitcoin is the future of internet money.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 12:23:24 PM

Here's what I wrote a while back. The main thing I would say has changed is JoinMarket is more proven now (though still not integrated into wallets afaik) and has much higher usage, negating the value of Darksend as a Bitcoin improvement. The rest are probably unchanged. I have no view on Evolution.

Smooth. You say you own some Dash, then you must think there are good points. Care to name any?

I only own a small amount at the moment, so I wouldn't represent my holdings a serious investment position.

Asking about good points is a fair question, though. In no particular order:

Releases tend to, you know, get released. The last major release was a significant upgrade and seemed to have relatively few roll out problems. That speaks to the ability of the team to deliver.

It has low inflation, so in a weak market (one driven more by supply considerations than consistent demand) on might expect less price weakness from dumping of new supply than otherwise. I'm not sure about this though, as one can look to something like Nxt which has zero inflation and has still performed terribly, and Dash hasn't retained value all that well either. Nxt lacks Dash's structural incentive to hold though so that may make a difference (you can stake, but the rewards are negligible).

The InstantX system, while flawed, is like most "zero conf" systems in that is sufficient for casual transitions, and is deployed. If there were actually a lot of routine commerce going on with Dash that would be very nice. There isn't, but the feature being there means one obstacle has been removed.

Likewise Darksend is also not perfect, but again for a degree of casual privacy it exists and mostly works. This could until recently be viewed as a clear improvement on Bitcoin, although JoinMarket has come on the scene and is probably about as good as Darksend (which is to say both are flawed, but the flaws are different), so I'm not sure this is true any more. Darksend is still a bit more mature, as JoinMarket hasn't been integrated into any wallets yet, though I do expect that to happen.

In general, I don't like the idea of investing in what is basically a one-man asset, but as leaders go, Evan seems to do a good job and I would rate his day-to-day leadership as apparently favorable (I don't see everything "behind the scenes" of course so I can't say absolutely this is true). I think Dash would do well to develop a broader team of visible people with both leadership and technical skills though.

The idea of (large) coin holders voting to allocate a budget is worth experimenting with.

It has a high market cap ranking which has its own value in terms of visibility.

As a hedge it may be mathematically worth owning some even if you don't think it will succeed (though you do need to believe there is at least some change it will appreciate in value, which I do). There aren't really any other vehicles with directly comparable properties.
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:37:03 PM

I heard (from a community member) , that Evolution was simply a "lite" wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: