Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:53:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitland - ICO - Decentralized Land Registry  (Read 84764 times)
Bank_sy

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 05:37:49 PM

I like the project too.
I participated in a twitter bounty campaign, was not much, but how can i get the few cadastrals  Grin .

It is very easy to use. You can directly deposit bitshares, btc into openledger.

Not easy to use at all lol
tehdos

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 06:01:20 PM

I like the project too.
I participated in a twitter bounty campaign, was not much, but how can i get the few cadastrals  Grin .

It is very easy to use. You can directly deposit bitshares, btc into openledger.

Actually, I think you're completely wrong lol

and have made very few attempts. I've been in the crypto field for like 2 months and quite frankly it is very easy.

Once you make the account,

You go to your deposit at the top,

Then it generates an address for you to send to,

x minutes later you have your bitcoin and bitshares.

tabali tigi

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 01:01:53 AM

I like the project too.

Hey, I just saw this so apologies for responding late!

If you would please send your twitter handle and OpenLedger account to Chrisbates01@gmail.com, I will send you your PoA reward ASAP!

Cheers!

Chris

Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 04:20:54 AM

The founder of Skype was interviewed about blockchain technology and named "Bitland" as one of the projects he believes will be one to save the world:

http://bravenewcoin.com/news/skype-founder-jaan-tallinn-proposes-saving-the-world-using-blockchain-technology/

People are paying attention Smiley

Cheers!

Sincere thanks and gratitude to the people who were here from day one and have been cheering us on!

Thanks to those that came in and joined later as well!

Buckle up!

Chris

Can you point out to me where Jaan Tallinn mentions Bitland?  I can see where Bitland is quoted talking about Bitland.  I can see where the author of the article expresses interest in Bitland in relation to what Jaan Tallinn is talking about.  However there seems to be nowhere in this article that Jaan Tallinn expresses endorsement, or even awareness, of Bitland.  I could be wrong, let me know! Smiley
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 02:08:25 PM

Can you point out to me where Jaan Tallinn mentions Bitland?  I can see where Bitland is quoted talking about Bitland.  I can see where the author of the article expresses interest in Bitland in relation to what Jaan Tallinn is talking about.  However there seems to be nowhere in this article that Jaan Tallinn expresses endorsement, or even awareness, of Bitland.  I could be wrong, let me know! Smiley

"Tallinn then pointed to blockchains and incentive schemes, just like Bitcoin employs, as a way to break that equilibrium and solve the problem. “Shaming people into being virtuous doesn’t change behaviour,” claims Tallinn.

“Incentive schemes, whereby people who have done the most good for humanity are rewarded 20 years into the future would create the expectation that doing long-term good is valuable.”

- Jaan Tallinn

Of course, in order to incentivize anyone, you must first track their progress and identify them, and those are all resources that blockchains excel at tracking.

One specific example of this is Ghana's Bitland registry, already being used to make blockchain-based records of the ownership of the local real estate. “Like many other African countries,” Bitland's website explains, “the Ghanian Land Title Administration has been proven to be ineffective and problematic. The poor state of the land registry has been causing a problem for many years to millions of Ghanians.”
The local government is not removed from their new land titleship model, but it is held more accountable because blockchain-based evidence is so strong. In some cases, the local courts won't even be needed to resolve disputes with such solid proof. “Should later on a legal land dispute arise then this conflict can be settled (outside of court) quick and easy,” the website concludes. Such a scheme would be a great match for one of Tallinn's incentivization schemes."

In the context of the article, it is talking about the research he is doing for his book.

"The Estonian native spends his days dreaming up ways to save humanity from itself from many different, scary scenarios, from resource management problems all the way up to the destruction of the entire planet. As part of these efforts, Tallinn has donated considerable time and funding to both the Cambridge Centre for the Study of Existential Risk, (CSER) which he helped establish, and the Machine Intelligence Research Institute as well. He even helped pioneer the Effective Altruism movement, a social movement that uses a distinctively scientific approach to determine the most effective ways to improve the world.

As a co-founder of CSER, where Stephen Hawking is a member, Tallinn regularly tours and gives lectures about the worst of the future dangers to mankind's very existence. Far more dangerous to our survival than a mere asteroid impact or World War III, Tallinn and CSER worry about the unnatural problems that threaten all life on the planet, such as hostile artificial intelligence, unstoppable pandemics, biotech weaponry gone awry, self-replicating nanobots that won't shut down, and other humanity-ending scenarios. Therefore, the CSER was created to research them and act like a sort of fire insurance against each of these possible threats."

I will say it like this:  In the next two weeks, I will be meeting with people from this list -

http://lesrencontreseconomiques.fr/2016/intervenants/

People are paying attention to Bitland.  I was given the opportunity to request meetings with anyone from that list, so here is the list of people that I requested:

Jyotsua Puri
Christopher Potts
Pier Carlo Padoan
Muriel Pénicaud
Mthuli Ncube
Alberto Nadal
Mario Marcel
Monique Leroux
Lucas Llach
Emmanuel Macron
Christian Kamayou
Abdoulie Janneh
Jacques Kabale
Eduardo Gouvea Viera
Kemal Dervis
Marie-Anne Barbat-Layani
Ana Aguado
Nicole Anderson

So, I won't meet with all of them, but I got to pick from a list of people and THOSE were the ones I picked.  If you peruse that list...yeah...the Skype/Kazaa Founder is relatively small potatoes compared to just about anyone on that list.

Seriously.

Smiley

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 02:17:09 PM

Bitland will be featured in Jacobs Edo's upcoming book about the Digital Transformation of Africa.

Please take a minute and vote for the cover of the book:

https://en.99designs.at/book-cover-design/contests/book-cover-contest-633975/poll/hhlswr/done?utm_source=voting_app&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=voting

Cheers!

Chris

Reason I am requoting this is because World Bank cited Bitland in a report earlier this year, so many researchers are now looking at it as a use case for applying blockchain to registering REAL assets.  I have already helped a Ph.D. from Edinburgh university write an article that is being published, and have been contacted by the London School of Economics to be interviewed about Bitland for an upcoming academic article.

Bitland has crossed over to academia, because that was part of the plan all along Smiley

Once you get academia talking about it, you get MAJOR grants...We have been trying to explain all along that government grants/private angel investors must really fund the initial development instead of having the poor people pay for it.  Now we have private investors literally trying to throw money at us.  We are taking our time setting up Phase 3, because we are not desperate, and are very methodical about how we approach development.

The Alpha is VERY close to completion, and we will be showing it to representatives from a major French Investment firm next week.

Cheers!

Chris

Selsonblue

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 03:17:56 PM

Chris,
The updates you provide here are awesome news.  I am very excited to have participated in this project from the start.

One thing that is being echo'd here again and again but doesn't seem to get much attention is that Openledger is a very difficult platform for the crypto-savvy investors to use and understand at first take.  You wont find many crypto-savvy people working for angels / private funds, so how do you think they are going to view that exchange?

I really believe in this project, dont take my comments here the wrong way; this is just a plead to get Cadastrals more exposure on other exchanges when the alpha launches.

I am sure you were well aware of this already, just making a clear request.

Thanks again.

Selsonblue
jalmari

Activity: 814
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 06:05:06 PM

I like the project too.

Actually, I think you're completely wrong lol

and have made very few attempts. I've been in the crypto field for like 2 months and quite frankly it is very easy.

Once you make the account,

You go to your deposit at the top,

Then it generates an address for you to send to,

x minutes later you have your bitcoin and bitshares.

I also tested this today. I think that maybe it is a bit more difficult than other exchanges I have used, but still quite easy to use.

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
  ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▄▄
▄█████████▀▀          ▀▀█████████▄
██████▀▀        ▄▄        ▀▀██████
██████      ▄▄██████▄▄      ██████
██████    ██████████████    ██████
██████      ▀▀██████▀▀      ██████
██████          ▀▀        ▄▄██████
▀█████    ▄▄          ▄▄█████████▀
   ▀▀█    ████▄▄ ▄▄██████████▀▀
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █
    KryptKoin rebranded to Phore   
     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
PoS 3.0  –  Masternodes  –  Zerocoin

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
 ▄████████▀▀      ▀▀████████▄
▐█████▀▀              ▀▀█████▌
▐████       ▄▄██▄▄       ████▌
▐████    ▄██████████▄    ████▌
▐████    ████████████    ████▌
▐████    ▀██████████▀    ████▌
▐████       ▀▀██▀▀       ████▌
 ▀███                 ▄▄█████▌
    ▀    █▄▄      ▄▄████████▀
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
jalmari

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 06:38:45 AM

How many tokens did you sell in the ICO phase 1 and in the phase 2? I would like to see these numbers separated.

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █
     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 12:07:03 PM

How many tokens did you sell in the ICO phase 1 and in the phase 2? I would like to see these numbers separated.

We sold about 600,000 tokens total.  I am not really sure about the separation between phase 1 and phase 2.  Phase 3 is beginning, and that is what we are concerned about now.  I am preparing to leave for France today, and will be looking to get more private investment into Cadastrals.  For phase 3, the tokens are being listed on the Cadastral/Bitcoin market on OpenLedger:  https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/market/CADASTRAL_OPEN.BTC

In regards to the difficulty with OpenLedger's interface, I have heard the complaints and problems and have expressed them to the OpenLedger team a long while back.

What people must understand is that OpenLedger/CCEDK are going through a major overhaul that will be re-launched July 1st.  Their interfaces are not going to stay the same forever.  

Smiley

If you go to CCEDK site, you will see information that reflects this:
https://www.ccedk.com/

One of the reasons that Bitland partnered with OpenLedger is because they were a new exchange with a clean reputation and a great leader in Ronny Boesing.  While there are some issues with the ease of use for the interface, the BIGGEST issue with exchanges is the trustworthiness and transparency of the people running it.  I believe Ronny has one of the best reputations in the business, and in that regard he is working to establish a digital currency haven in Denmark, and Bitland is one of the first companies on the team.  You guys HAVE to realize that we are helping OpenLedger grow, as OpenLedger is helping us to grow.

When we were initially trying to raise funds, OpenLedger is the ONLY exchange that didn't ask us for some ridiculous amount of money, and took on our project because Ronny believed in it.  So, at this point the Bitland project can't turn its back on OpenLedger, and in that regard we believe OpenLedger is in a perfect position to become one of the biggest global exchanges as the economic landscape shifts wildly. 

I am VERY thankful that you all are so patient, critical, and intelligent when it comes to development.  We are listening, and just because something doesn't happen immediately doesn't mean it's not in the works.

Many thanks to everyone!

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 12:59:38 PM

Oh, BTW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHuSMAn-G7I

Spoke on the refugee situation and how blockchain solutions can help in these scenarios.

Cheers

Chris

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 01:22:43 PM

Elliot featured on Sarah Westall Podcast:

http://sarahwestall.com/bitland-using-blockchain-end-africas-land-corruption/

Cheers!

Chris

Bank_sy

Activity: 450

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 01:30:15 PM

why is there 0 instruction on how to get cadastral in OP?
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 01:46:32 PM

why is there 0 instruction on how to get cadastral in OP?

The method for obtaining Cadastrals has changed since Phase 1 & 2, and we have adjusted on our site, but just not in OP.  I don't handle OP, so I have to wait for Joeri to get to it.  

http://www.bitland.world/how-to-purchase-cadastrals/

Hope this makes sense!

Cheers!

Chris

Joerii (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 01:54:29 AM

It's taken care of Smiley

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
Drachmae
Legendary

Activity: 1050

Love it when a plans starts to come together

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 08:06:57 AM

Was Great being on the Webinar with Bitland

Streamed live on Jun 26, 2016
Webinar Blockchain and Refugees what is the is the Solution on the Webinar:
L. Christopher Bates, Bitland
Derick Smith, Chainractor
Julio Alejandro, Humanitarian Blockchain
Lee Gibson Grant Drachmae Project

jalmari

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 05:13:19 PM

Was Great being on the Webinar with Bitland

Streamed live on Jun 26, 2016
Webinar Blockchain and Refugees what is the is the Solution on the Webinar:
L. Christopher Bates, Bitland
Derick Smith, Chainractor
Julio Alejandro, Humanitarian Blockchain
Lee Gibson Grant Drachmae Project

Thanks for sharing, the topic looks interesting. Have to go and check...

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
tehdos

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 09:04:47 PM

Wow, great webinar . Chris is in france right about now preparing for his various things. lets see if we can get some attention for this project that has the potential to do so mcuh good ^^
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 10:15:05 PM

Viva Technology kicks off tomorrow in Paris!

http://www.vivatechnologyparis.com/

I will then be speaking in Aix-en-Province on July 2nd

http://lesrencontreseconomiques.fr/2016/sessions/conquete-territoires-toujours-dactualite/

If anyone is in France and wants to try and do a Bitland meetup for a beer, I already have one person looking to try and meet in Aix.  Anyone who wants to join is absolutely welcome.

Cheers!

Chris

Drachmae
Legendary

Activity: 1050

Love it when a plans starts to come together

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 10:50:28 PM

I might take you up on the offer as I need to visit a place in Italy where refugees hangout

Viva Technology kicks off tomorrow in Paris!

http://www.vivatechnologyparis.com/

I will then be speaking in Aix-en-Province on July 2nd

http://lesrencontreseconomiques.fr/2016/sessions/conquete-territoires-toujours-dactualite/

If anyone is in France and wants to try and do a Bitland meetup for a beer, I already have one person looking to try and meet in Aix.  Anyone who wants to join is absolutely welcome.

Cheers!

Chris

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: