Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:06:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 [414] 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 ... 500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today!  (Read 473030 times)
turdminer

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 01:11:28 AM

It's not so much a comparison to FIAT or to BTC. It's more like a recognition of the fact that most cryptos are denominated in BTC, like e.g. the US stock market is denominated in USD, and e.g. Japan's stock market - I'm taking a wild guess here - probably isn't denominated in USD.

[ copy pasta bullshit ]

It would be awesome if there were an exchange for ION/USD available to the Ionomy community  Huh

Why are you copying some random article that has fuck all to do with ION? Still haven't figured out how to quote in context or stay on topic?

Tell your team to allow USD trading on ionomy.com... should be easy for those geniuses.

they dont even have a legit exchange, even the worse alt coins can be liquidated. this is no bueno ionomy team, please explain

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
elgravisse88

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:16:41 AM

I'm sorry but I don't understand too. Someone can clarify the situation?
turdminer

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 01:38:16 AM

we are waiting on that, seems no devs or support crew care to elaborate. the people just want clear answers ion crew, not subterfuge...just what is going on with the exchanges? this is pretty outrageous considering the new age of bitcoin and it's seemingly unlimited value...why is ION not on any other exhchange, even the smaller ones such as coinechange.io or livecoin or anything? why is it not liquid except within bittrex, the traitor/defunct exchange? it is on bitpop but with no market-zero, why is it de-listed from ionomy, it's home base?

DaZuru

Activity: 60

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:17:19 AM

From my understanding, any comparisons to FIAT, instead of the current bellweather cryptocurrency, are irrelevant. I am curious if the comparison will change with BTC's continued relative decline in market percentage? Could be Ripple or Ethereum with the red arrow in the future? Of course, market capitalization dominance may not directly translate to higher performance in all cases. Curious if efforts will be made to group Cryptocurrencies into Large, Mid and Small cap markets? Could help to illustrate potential investment risks, relative to a currencies market share with like sized peers, and the market as a whole?

It's not so much a comparison to FIAT or to BTC. It's more like a recognition of the fact that most cryptos are denominated in BTC, like e.g. the US stock market is denominated in USD, and e.g. Japan's stock market - I'm taking a wild guess here - probably isn't denominated in USD.

Now within that - of course, there are comparisons by large/mid/small cap, industries, etc... Top 10 coins by market cap (excluding the ones with asterisks) can be a better gauge of where the market is going than BTC or ETH alone.
I wonder how much of the BTC exchange preference is due to KYC and anti-money-laundering measures? I assume Coinbase and the like that have somewhat successfully navigated these issues, have incurred, and are still incurring, a few additional expenses and red tape along the way. Exchanges use local currency for stocks, why would they not? My understanding is that FOREX trading outpaces all stock markets combined. Purchasing assets or exchanging currency in relation to crypto? I'm not sure if collectively we know. Maybe Crypto to Crypto is the stock market, and Crypto to FIAT is the Forex component? Smiley It seems that most broad comparisons are with total crypto market capitalization, in USD. We are so convoluted it seems, or is it fake news. Smiley
DaZuru

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:32:32 AM

we are waiting on that, seems no devs or support crew care to elaborate. the people just want clear answers ion crew, not subterfuge...just what is going on with the exchanges? this is pretty outrageous considering the new age of bitcoin and it's seemingly unlimited value...why is ION not on any other exhchange, even the smaller ones such as coinechange.io or livecoin or anything? why is it not liquid except within bittrex, the traitor/defunct exchange? it is on bitpop but with no market-zero, why is it de-listed from ionomy, it's home base?
As Suchmoon has suffered though my failed and wrongful attempts to impose a personal communication style on people, I can't help but wonder who the people are, when the meeting was held and vote cast to have you speak for them? Smiley  Just humor. No malice intended, I assure you. All joking aside, I wish I could, but I can't help you with your questions. I hope you get a chuckle out of this and have a good day!
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 8906

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 05:19:28 AM

I wonder how much of the BTC exchange preference is due to KYC and anti-money-laundering measures? I assume Coinbase and the like that have somewhat successfully navigated these issues, have incurred, and are still incurring, a few additional expenses and red tape along the way. Exchanges use local currency for stocks, why would they not? My understanding is that FOREX trading outpaces all stock markets combined. Purchasing assets or exchanging currency in relation to crypto? I'm not sure if collectively we know. Maybe Crypto to Crypto is the stock market, and Crypto to FIAT is the Forex component? Smiley It seems that most broad comparisons are with total crypto market capitalization, in USD. We are so convoluted it seems, or is it fake news. Smiley

The whole idea of centralized exchanges and other sites goes against basic principles of crypto. It carries enormous risks and has lead to huge scams (Gox, Cryptsy, etc). Ionomy isn't helping either, what with their PNGs and hosted masternodes and other website-based stuff. Sadly most folks seem to be more than happy to give up their private keys so this is like eating your veggies... it's not like a lightning is gonna strike you immediately if you don't do the right thing so it looks like you can get away with it forever. Until you can't.

Sure, there is some need for a gateway between crypto and fiat but most of that could be satisfied via future/option contracts. Vast majority (95%+ IIRC) of commodity contracts - e.g. oil, gold etc - are settled in cash, not via physical delivery, and most crypto/fiat trades probably don't end up in actual withdrawals either.
WildShark

Activity: 1344
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 04:07:46 PM

ION Rocket still cruising at THREE Dollars Mark

"Wild onION" Visit the depot using the following invitation @ http://invite.wildsdepot.com
ION Master Node[10K IONs] + ION Smart Node[500 Atoms] + All ION Staking Wallets = 18 IONs Block Reward for WILD Innovative ION Network ownership (WIN concept)
Plan Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1443633.msg50248724#msg50248724
WildShark

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 04:14:28 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2018, 06:32:39 PM by WildShark

Japanese cryptocurrency exchange bitFlyer announced today it’s expanding to the U.S., with approval to operate in 42 states starting today. This includes regulatory approval in New York via the state’s Department of Financial Services’ “BitLicense”, which only five other cryptocurrency companies currently have.

For comparison, Coinbase has approval to operate in 48 states (including Washington, D.C.) and Gemini is operating in 46 states (including Washington, D.C.).

The exchange is by far the biggest in Japan, trading about $180 million worth of bitcoin per day. In terms of traditional exchange volume this ranks as the 14th largest exchange worldwide, but when you add margin volume to the calculation the exchange is actually the largest in the world in terms of total exchange volume.

Founded in 2014, bitFlyer has raised a total of $36 million in venture funding.

At launch bitFlyer’s U.S. exchange will only support bitcoin/USD pairs, but “plans to expand its cryptocurrencies to include altcoins such as Litecoin, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Bitcoin Cash and more.”

https://techcrunch.com/2017/11/28/japanese-bitcoin-exchange-bitflyer-is-coming-to-the-u-s/

The largest Japanese Crypto Exchange now supports USD and plans to support Bitcoin Cash... Maybe the crypto market are changing and BTC is not the underling value of crypto coins... There is so many new changes being done in this New Year...

It would be awesome if there were an exchange for ION/USD available to the Ionomy community  Huh

Why are you copying some random article that has fuck all to do with ION? Still haven't figured out how to quote in context or stay on topic?

Suchmoon, To my knowledge, this is not a random article and it does show that the crypto and Ionomy communities are moving toward the usage of the USD as the underling value indicator to crypto market...

https://techcrunch.com/2017/11/28/japanese-bitcoin-exchange-bitflyer-is-coming-to-the-u-s/

"Wild onION" Visit the depot using the following invitation @ http://invite.wildsdepot.com
ION Master Node[10K IONs] + ION Smart Node[500 Atoms] + All ION Staking Wallets = 18 IONs Block Reward for WILD Innovative ION Network ownership (WIN concept)
Plan Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1443633.msg50248724#msg50248724
DaZuru

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:40:17 PM

The whole idea of centralized exchanges and other sites goes against basic principles of crypto. It carries enormous risks and has lead to huge scams (Gox, Cryptsy, etc). Ionomy isn't helping either, what with their PNGs and hosted masternodes and other website-based stuff. Sadly most folks seem to be more than happy to give up their private keys so this is like eating your veggies... it's not like a lightning is gonna strike you immediately if you don't do the right thing so it looks like you can get away with it forever. Until you can't.

Sure, there is some need for a gateway between crypto and fiat but most of that could be satisfied via future/option contracts. Vast majority (95%+ IIRC) of commodity contracts - e.g. oil, gold etc - are settled in cash, not via physical delivery, and most crypto/fiat trades probably don't end up in actual withdrawals either.
I agree in part to the principal idea of decentralization. We are a long way from the idea that a decentralized BTC client will be run on every person's computer. The consolidation of mining power is a huge concern, as well as the power requirements from an ecological point of view. I believe that some of those concerns are leading people to seek other solutions, which is good for us all. In regards to the current favorite, XRP, other equally concerning factors come to light. A lot of the press regarding adoption of Ripple's technology goes over the head of most people just getting into this. Ripple's technology is not XRP. There seems to be a disconnect between the relationship of the technological solution they sell to entities and the coin. Since it has become popular, they are trying to dangle a carrot that future solutions will use XRP.

Pointing this out because it seems that to cater to the unknowing masses, some centralization and ease of entry is required to be successful. I am technologically capable of running an ION masternode, my sons that laughed at me in 2012 about Bitcoin, are not. It was far easier on everyone involved to hook them up with a centralized provider. It may seem like forever, but our journey to find the best crypto solution(s) has really only just begun. I tell my kids it is the Wild Wild West. You can get robbed in an instant, gun downed in the street, find gold and have it taken from you, etc. We waste too much energy fighting among our selves. Let's explore, create, fail, learn rinse and repeat until we get it right.  All of this soap boxing and I haven't even had a beer today!  Smiley
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 12:29:50 AM

I agree in part to the principal idea of decentralization. We are a long way from the idea that a decentralized BTC client will be run on every person's computer.

It doesn't have to be a full node for everyone. Electrum or another light client is fine and is about as easy to use as any centralized website could be.

You can't get robbed if you own the private keys (well, short of giving them up at gunpoint I guess). That's pretty much all there is to it. But it's harder to make money off a truly decentralized system so there are always going to be shysters like ionomy trying to coax you into giving up the control without fully disclosing the risks.
DaZuru

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:21:50 AM

I agree in part to the principal idea of decentralization. We are a long way from the idea that a decentralized BTC client will be run on every person's computer.

It doesn't have to be a full node for everyone. Electrum or another light client is fine and is about as easy to use as any centralized website could be.

You can't get robbed if you own the private keys (well, short of giving them up at gunpoint I guess). That's pretty much all there is to it. But it's harder to make money off a truly decentralized system so there are always going to be shysters like ionomy trying to coax you into giving up the control without fully disclosing the risks.
More concerned with the big mining players having more influence than was originally intended. I do enjoy our conversations, more so when cheap digs are left out. Smiley
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 03:48:11 AM

More concerned with the big mining players having more influence than was originally intended. I do enjoy our conversations, more so when cheap digs are left out. Smiley

Except the miners would be left holding worthless bags if the rest of the ecosystem doesn't follow (e.g. they wouldn't be able to dump the coins etc). Sure they can kill the coin just out of spite but that's still "consensus" in a way. Nothing technically wrong with that. I'd still take an oligopoly that is Bitcoin over a 100%-premined-single-entity-controlled coin any day.

Where's the cheap dig? "Shysters"? I had a more appropriate word but chose a family-friendly replacement. Didn't check the price though.
WildShark

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 03:11:01 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2018, 03:21:22 PM by WildShark

ION Rocket is cruising above the THREE Dollars Mark

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ion/

korvas128

Activity: 1248
Merit: 583

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:47:29 PM

Except the miners would be left holding worthless bags if the rest of the ecosystem doesn't follow (e.g. they wouldn't be able to dump the coins etc). Sure they can kill the coin just out of spite but that's still "consensus" in a way. Nothing technically wrong with that. I'd still take an oligopoly that is Bitcoin over a 100%-premined-single-entity-controlled coin any day.

Where's the cheap dig? "Shysters"? I had a more appropriate word but chose a family-friendly replacement. Didn't check the price though.

A cheap dig is you calling the Ionomy team "Shysters" based on nothing but supposition...... you've been saying this for 2 years now !!!!

Suchmoon when your in a hole it's best to stop digging especially when the hole is 2 years deep  Grin

Ionomy V3 for Wallets - Masternodes - Trading - Games
https://ionomy.com/en/aff/46cbe5fa1d262e23665191a7c7864072

For the few TROLLS left some inconvenient statements of FACT
https://news.ionomy.com/just-to-be-clear/
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 05:54:45 PM

A cheap dig is you calling the Ionomy team "Shysters" based on nothing but supposition...... you've been saying this for 2 years now !!!!

Suchmoon when your in a hole it's best to stop digging especially when the hole is 2 years deep  Grin

My what in a hole? Roll Eyes Still having trouble with that 3rd grade textbook?

It may look like "nothing but supposition" only to illiterate paycoining morons like yourself who refuse to hear or see anything that doesn't reinforce their worship of the "team". There are plenty of facts on everything from utter incompetence to outright deception. If you consider that a virtue that's your problem but you're in no position to advise on digging.
korvas128

Activity: 1248
Merit: 583

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:42:19 AM

My what in a hole? Roll Eyes Still having trouble with that 3rd grade textbook?

It may look like "nothing but supposition" only to illiterate paycoining morons like yourself who refuse to hear or see anything that doesn't reinforce their worship of the "team". There are plenty of facts on everything from utter incompetence to outright deception. If you consider that a virtue that's your problem but you're in no position to advise on digging.

What outright deception ?

What utter incompetence ?

List them here then as a community lets discuss

Ionomy V3 for Wallets - Masternodes - Trading - Games
https://ionomy.com/en/aff/46cbe5fa1d262e23665191a7c7864072

For the few TROLLS left some inconvenient statements of FACT
https://news.ionomy.com/just-to-be-clear/
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 04:25:36 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2018, 04:56:48 AM by suchmoon

Wow, big words, "community". Hilarious coming from someone whose first post was...

And this is why 95% of this website is full of shit.... and you wonder why the devs don't respond... would you when you know that everything you post is going to be twisted into whatever agenda the person posting wants.... this place is toxic

There will be no discussion other than you screaming "photoshop" or "Canadian".

If you wanted a discussion - you had 2 years... Here are a few samples of shit that you chose to shill hard for instead of discussing.

One game per month - such a bold strategy until it wasn't.
Ionomy was really truly headquartered in Singapore, until it wasn't.
Gravity was going to be a great game (totally legit bikini reviewers and all) until nobody wanted to play it... other than cheaters taking advantage of team's incompetence.
Two hardforks and the diff adjustment is still fucked up.
Missing every deadline imaginable, even the self-imposed ones that no one asked for.
How's that XPY burn coming?

I could go on for quite a while but we both know you're just looking for an excuse to shill some more, so go ahead.
DaZuru

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:06:21 PM

Wow, big words, "community". Hilarious coming from someone whose first post was...

And this is why 95% of this website is full of shit.... and you wonder why the devs don't respond... would you when you know that everything you post is going to be twisted into whatever agenda the person posting wants.... this place is toxic

There will be no discussion other than you screaming "photoshop" or "Canadian".

If you wanted a discussion - you had 2 years... Here are a few samples of shit that you chose to shill hard for instead of discussing.

One game per month - such a bold strategy until it wasn't.
Ionomy was really truly headquartered in Singapore, until it wasn't.
Gravity was going to be a great game (totally legit bikini reviewers and all) until nobody wanted to play it... other than cheaters taking advantage of team's incompetence.
Two hardforks and the diff adjustment is still fucked up.
Missing every deadline imaginable, even the self-imposed ones that no one asked for.
How's that XPY burn coming?

I could go on for quite a while but we both know you're just looking for an excuse to shill some more, so go ahead.

So glad my wife doesn't have all my stuff written down forever....but wait her memory is pretty good... Smiley  Any chance of you guys burying the hatchet, and not in each other's heads?  Smiley
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 05:58:10 PM

So glad my wife doesn't have all my stuff written down forever....but wait her memory is pretty good... Smiley  Any chance of you guys burying the hatchet, and not in each other's heads?  Smiley

Where's the fun in that?

Here is a pic of a Canadian hatchet for korvas. Gonna need a big hole to bury that.

WildShark

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 09:04:16 PM

Closing Bell Report... ION Rocket cruising at THREE Dollars Mark

Pages: « 1 ... 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 [414] 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 ... 500 »
  Print  

Jump to: