Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:36:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Peerplays - First Ever Blockchain-Based Gaming Platform  (Read 1144143 times)
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 12:30:27 PM

This ICO is very quiet. Won't they do any effort on marketing here?

How many dollars have been raised so far?

Outside of the $4 million from private contributions, about 320 BTC have thus far been raised.

The ICO may currently be a bit quiet but the tech is anything but...

Also, the price between different stages is very different.
For angel investors, the price is about 2 dollars (and further they will get more tokens freely if they hold the UIA).
For private contributions, the price is 4dollars (1mil tokens for 4mil dollars).
For us (public), the price is at least 5dollars. So .... you know.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BunkerChain.Labs.Inc.

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 06:42:58 AM

Outside of the $4 million from private contributions, about 320 BTC have thus far been raised.

I read their white paper and introduction to their ICO. Only a small portion of coin will be sold to the public while most of them have been reserved to devs and angel investors. And the target of ICO is very high for me.
If I understand correctly, the total amount of tokens is close to 6 mil (5.9 mil). While only 950,000 token will be sold in this round at the price of at least 5dollar.
That means a lowest cap of this token ~ 6mil*5 dollar = 30 mil dollars. That's a lot! 

Market cap at previous trading ended at $42million and placed Peerplays at #9 at that time on Coinmarketcap before markets were closed for the snapshot.

Today, as you noted in price, the project would be coming into the market with a launched blockchain and a very solid roadmap this year at $30m which by todays standards places the project at #34 on Coinmarketcap.

Regardless this does bring us in at less than where we left off in the market to give us room for growth considering we have now had six months of further development on top of that.

This is fairly reasonable for something this far along in development and about to launch into production.

As for your other commentaries about most for devs and angels seems a bit exaggerated. About 33% is from people who initially funded the prototype in our presale, and 16% is to founders which are locked up for a year. Doesn't constitute most.

Aside from all of these things. This is a profit sharing blockchain. The first ever. Holding a PPY token means getting a basket of the most used crypto currencies out there be it BTC, ETH, DASH, or BitUSD. This is a unique value proposition available only with Peerplays. How much is that worth compared to a speculative token alone is up for each individual to decide.
badpeanut

Activity: 333
Merit: 251

Karma is a Btc

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 08:41:17 AM

Also, the price between different stages is very different.
For angel investors, the price is about 2 dollars (and further they will get more tokens freely if they hold the UIA).
For private contributions, the price is 4dollars (1mil tokens for 4mil dollars).
For us (public), the price is at least 5dollars. So .... you know.

Every past token is a UIA lol

I was very excited about this ICO, was plan to buy big but decide to research and read the whole thread for few hours to finish. But lol, this is quite MISLEADING for new buyers. They think the past ico was sold for 2 and 3 dollars and now its only 5$. So its possible to buy. But in reality the price already pumped up to 41 dollar when their OWN exchange halted. I think they had it all planned to pumped to price up before freeze the exchange so they can profit from the 2nd ico for the public. If you read the whole thread people were suprise the price went to $41 and right after it get freeze. Someone bought over 60 btc at the end. Dont you guys think one of the members could just pump the price up before freezing and strike millions with 2nd ICO?

Yes thats possible. All the 1 million token are increase 10x. So there will be 10million  tokens. But they say maximum 9million. I wonder where the 1 million tokens went since the tokens increase 10x

So previous price of 1 token on the exchange was $41
Since its all User-Issued Assets (UIA) the whole 1million token its change 10x to 10million, so the price will be in reality 1 token will be 10 new tokens, each of $4.10 but i guess they upgrade it to $5 they need to make money from the end pump at least.
I meant, which idiot will buy 60 btc when the btc price was $600 and not complain here why the exchange is freezing. He bought 3k coins means with the 2nd ICO he will have 30k new coins.

So conclusion: YOU DONT BUY FOR $5 per token but in reality $50 per token
badpeanut

Karma is a Btc

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 09:05:51 AM

I read their white paper and introduction to their ICO. Only a small portion of coin will be sold to the public while most of them have been reserved to devs and angel investors. And the target of ICO is very high for me.
If I understand correctly, the total amount of tokens is close to 6 mil (5.9 mil). While only 950,000 token will be sold in this round at the price of at least 5dollar.
That means a lowest cap of this token ~ 6mil*5 dollar = 30 mil dollars. That's a lot! 

Market cap at previous trading ended at $42million and placed Peerplays at #9 at that time on Coinmarketcap before markets were closed for the snapshot.

Today, as you noted in price, the project would be coming into the market with a launched blockchain and a very solid roadmap this year at $30m which by todays standards places the project at #34 on Coinmarketcap.

Regardless this does bring us in at less than where we left off in the market to give us room for growth considering we have now had six months of further development on top of that.

This is fairly reasonable for something this far along in development and about to launch into production.

As for your other commentaries about most for devs and angels seems a bit exaggerated. About 33% is from people who initially funded the prototype in our presale, and 16% is to founders which are locked up for a year. Doesn't constitute most.

Aside from all of these things. This is a profit sharing blockchain. The first ever. Holding a PPY token means getting a basket of the most used crypto currencies out there be it BTC, ETH, DASH, or BitUSD. This is a unique value proposition available only with Peerplays. How much is that worth compared to a speculative token alone is up for each individual to decide.

If the total supply has 6 million tokens at 41$ it will be 246 mil marketcap

but the founder state they end up with 42 mil marketcap so there was only  1 million supply at start and now they gonna change 1 old token for 10 new token for $5 for 2nd ICO round
PrintMule

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 03:37:20 PM

What are the expectations about this project?  investment open now? I guess now a peer token in 5 dollar levels, what's your best guess at which stock market and what is the price?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 04:37:44 PM

6 million tokens at 41$
Where did you see that? afaik (and I might be wrong here), when the price was at $41 the total supply was only 1million.

but the founder state they end up with 42 mil marketcap so there was only  1 million supply at start and now they gonna change 1 old token for 10 new token for $5 for 2nd ICO round

hm... yes... where is the problem?  even with 10 million tokens the new marketcap will be 50 million, where do you see a problem here?
badpeanut

Karma is a Btc

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 06:34:15 PM

6 million tokens at 41$
Where did you see that? afaik (and I might be wrong here), when the price was at $41 the total supply was only 1million.

hm... yes... where is the problem?  even with 10 million tokens the new marketcap will be 50 million, where do you see a problem here?

https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/peerplays/

I see a huge problem. For the new investors they dont know the token is already increase 25x the first round of ICO. Its a huge risk to get dumped on. Founders should update it on the first page here so new investors are aware they change there token supply from 1mil to 6 or 9 mil. Its misleading, I though i could buy for 5$ seems a good price. Only 2.5x the pre sale. Seems reasonable but if you know the price is already 25x of there pre sale its too risky.

Seems a good project but shady to freeze the price at peak without announcing. If they announce before the freeze price it will never stay at $41. So i think its a inside trade to push the price up before freezing and let newcomers buy on peaks.

badpeanut

Karma is a Btc

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 06:37:18 PM

I wont reply here anymore, i just gave my 2 cents. I dont like to fud good projects but this one u should do your research yourself. Its your money anyway. Good luck
BunkerChain.Labs.Inc.

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 05:01:39 AM

6 million tokens at 41$

I see a huge problem. For the new investors they dont know the token is already increase 25x the first round of ICO. Its a huge risk to get dumped on. Founders should update it on the first page here so new investors are aware they change there token supply from 1mil to 6 or 9 mil. Its misleading, I though i could buy for 5$ seems a good price. Only 2.5x the pre sale. Seems reasonable but if you know the price is already 25x of there pre sale its too risky.

Seems a good project but shady to freeze the price at peak without announcing. If they announce before the freeze price it will never stay at $41. So i think its a inside trade to push the price up before freezing and let newcomers buy on peaks.

Published February 21 a week before the crowdfund started:

www.peerplays.com/docs/Peerplays_Bulletin-Feb_2017.pdf

In here we have given great detail of all distributions including the UIA 10:1 allotment which is being claimed above as being unknown.

In regards to "shady to freeze the price at peak without announcing".. I completely agree that is seriously shady. Good thing we gave everyone two weeks notice prior to closing the markets in order for them to buy/sell/hold as they saw fit:

www.peerplays.com/news/important-announcement-peerplays-snapshot-date/

The only market that was open was Bitshares DEX, the most transparent market in the world that operates on a decentralized blockchain. We had no involvement in the trading that took place. It's all public and on the blockchain, so anybody can certainly check into it.

I could go on, but I trust everyone can judge for themselves at this point.

So for all the newcomers, you are welcome to check into the facts of the matter rather that this. Join our Telegram group @Peerplays and ask questions.

FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 07:42:29 AM

Sorry I only have time to skim last few pages when catching up.

Looks like a recent crowdsale was selling each token for $4-5 but if I understand correctly these are only worth 1/10th of the Peerplays UIA that was trading for 40 odd bucks before the freeze.

So in other words new investors have been paying more or less a similar price to the $40 as opposed to a 90% discount which $4-5 looks like at first glance? Thanks.

Good luck with the release. While ETH & BTC are both up for ETF the market is hotter than ever in terms of interest, exposure & valuations for good projects so I hope you are able to start trading soon. Timing is...

badpeanut

Karma is a Btc

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 12:38:51 PM

6 million tokens at 41$

In here we have given great detail of all distributions including the UIA 10:1 allotment which is being claimed above as being unknown.

In regards to "shady to freeze the price at peak without announcing".. I completely agree that is seriously shady. Good thing we gave everyone two weeks notice prior to closing the markets in order for them to buy/sell/hold as they saw fit:

The only market that was open was Bitshares DEX, the most transparent market in the world that operates on a decentralized blockchain. We had no involvement in the trading that took place. It's all public and on the blockchain, so anybody can certainly check into it.

So for all the newcomers, you are welcome to check into the facts of the matter rather that this. Join our Telegram group @Peerplays and ask questions.

Ok, I apologize for not researching 100% about the exchange freeze. About buying in the end of the freeze we can't proof its inside or not.

But I still stand 1:10 is misleading for new investors. But I hope I cleared up some knowledge for new investors at least.

This my last post here and I apologizing for the fud. Good luck with the project
BunkerChain.Labs.Inc.

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 02:01:17 AM

6 million tokens at 41$

Ok, I apologize for not researching 100% about the exchange freeze. About buying in the end of the freeze we can't proof its inside or not.

But I still stand 1:10 is misleading for new investors. But I hope I cleared up some knowledge for new investors at least.

This my last post here and I apologizing for the fud. Good luck with the project

Once again the persistence of false narrative is showcased in this final post.

All I can do is repeat once again what was already stated in the same transparent and very detailed and clear language we have illustrated throughout this project since it started:

Everyone should study this for themselves. The document is significant. Many professionals and legal counsel contributed to this document and it passed through many layers of approval before it was made public. We take communication very seriously and went to great lengths to provide more transparency than what is the defacto. So to say we have been 'misleading' in any way is a stark mischaracterization of the facts and our clearly demonstrated intentions over the span of nearly a year.

Join us in @Peerplays Telegram Group.. feel free to ask questions.
elegant_joylin

Activity: 826
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 02:55:16 PM

Like mobile go?
mixtaman

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 07:55:43 AM

Will witnesses be able to generate new coins?
At what rate?
How many witnesses can be created?
Is there a cap on the total coins that can be created?
BunkerChain.Labs.Inc.

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 03:29:28 PM

At what rate?

1. Witnesses are block signers. They cannot generate on their own.. it is predetermined in the code.
2. 3 second or less blocks.
3. In theory unlimited. We will have to put a number in the code though, so will start with 1000 upper limit.. more likely to start with 15 or so.
4. Hard limit in the code similar to bitcoin 21m we have set at 15m.
mixtaman

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 05:50:26 PM

At what rate?

1. Witnesses are block signers. They cannot generate on their own.. it is predetermined in the code.
3. In theory unlimited. We will have to put a number in the code though, so will start with 1000 upper limit.. more likely to start with 15 or so.

Thanks a lot for your replies.

on point 2 = how fast will these coins be issued? How many coins will be generated on each block reward?

question 5. how many coins will be issued in total before the start of the genesis block and how mcuh time will the gensis block to reaching the cap of 15 million

on point 4 = What will be incentive of the witnesses to generate more blocks once the total cap is reached? Is there any reason why this limit could be changed in the future?
alias420

Activity: 68

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 08:32:12 PM

At what rate?

on point 2 = how fast will these coins be issued? How many coins will be generated on each block reward?

question 5. how many coins will be issued in total before the start of the genesis block and how mcuh time will the gensis block to reaching the cap of 15 million

on point 4 = What will be incentive of the witnesses to generate more blocks once the total cap is reached? Is there any reason why this limit could be changed in the future?

You might want to look into other Graphene based projects like Bitshares or Steem if you want to wrap your head around how witnesses sign blocks and how delegated stake controls how many blocks a witnesses gets to sign.
mixtaman

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 08:16:54 AM

At what rate?

You might want to look into other Graphene based projects like Bitshares or Steem if you want to wrap your head around how witnesses sign blocks and how delegated stake controls how many blocks a witnesses gets to sign.
I still need to get my head around that
But point 4 remains valid .. any insight would be good.
coinzcoinzcoinz

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 04:47:30 PM

The founders are claiming not looking to make money on this so they claim: A non-profit gambling product. MY ASS! I have worked in the gambling industry, and one thing I have learnt is that this industry is full of greedy people. I was going to invest, but this raises major red flags for me. I would have happily invested if the owners would take a small cut on every transaction. I'm not sure what the end game is of these people, but there is one and they are hiding it from us.
boon8

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 05:07:25 PM

Exchange link?coinmarketcap.com dont have this coin information?
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: