Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:41:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain's Released Antminer S9, World's First 16nm Miner Ready to Order  (Read 530804 times)
Creativity

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:17:18 PM

...u said it couldnt be done and it was clearly doneeeeeeeeee ... the impossible has become possible buddy...
Remind me where I said that the old firmware couldn't be run because it was "impossible" ...  Roll Eyes

u said fan control and freq control cant be done and u also mentioned my "limited understanding of how fw works" lol. thats if the post hasnt been removed already since the purge but i remember either way. and dont put words in my mouth kid...u knew what i was talkin about and it deff wasnt about an old firmware on the new miners. nice try though Wink.

ne who so after the firmware update and letting it run so far for about a half an hour the temps dropped nearly 30 degrees at the chip lol. i set the fan speed to 80% and the freq was manually set to 550M to match the 2 lower freq boards that showed about 5-550 freq using the stock firmware available on bitmains site. now all of the boards are running at 550M and temps r super low....some of the lowest i have seen with an s9. also my hashrate didnt go down either and my hw error are at a whole whopping 1 in the last 30 minutes. i took screen shots of the miner running for 17 days i think it was and there were somewhere around 23k hw errors in that 17 day timeframe so 1 hw error in a half an hour isnt bad at all. the hw errors reported came from the 2 boards that the auto freq firmware ran really slow and the other board was jacked way up. ne way after it runs for a bit and i get back from lunch (at work) i will get to uploading pics so my "proof" can be provided before anyone says im lying lol.
That's some pretty technical knowledge you got there! I don't know that much about how it all works yet Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
numnutz2009

Activity: 387
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:38:47 PM

...u said it couldnt be done and it was clearly doneeeeeeeeee ... the impossible has become possible buddy...
Remind me where I said that the old firmware couldn't be run because it was "impossible" ...  Roll Eyes
u said fan control and freq control cant be done and u also mentioned my "limited understanding of how fw works"...
Given your general nature to pluck something out of context, quote or it didn't happen....

.... i took screen shots of the miner running for 17 days..
Post them, or they didn't happen either.

idk how a direct comment directed towards me in a very blunt/rude tone can be taken out of context lol. what other way can "it cant be done" and "you have a limited understanding of how fw works" be taken any other way? ehh no worries though. ur known for ur back peddlin so its all good buddy.

Remind me where I said that the old firmware couldn't be run because it was "impossible" ...  Roll Eyes

u said fan control and freq control cant be done and u also mentioned my "limited understanding of how fw works" lol. thats if the post hasnt been removed already since the purge but i remember either way. and dont put words in my mouth kid...u knew what i was talkin about and it deff wasnt about an old firmware on the new miners. nice try though Wink.

ne who so after the firmware update and letting it run so far for about a half an hour the temps dropped nearly 30 degrees at the chip lol. i set the fan speed to 80% and the freq was manually set to 550M to match the 2 lower freq boards that showed about 5-550 freq using the stock firmware available on bitmains site. now all of the boards are running at 550M and temps r super low....some of the lowest i have seen with an s9. also my hashrate didnt go down either and my hw error are at a whole whopping 1 in the last 30 minutes. i took screen shots of the miner running for 17 days i think it was and there were somewhere around 23k hw errors in that 17 day timeframe so 1 hw error in a half an hour isnt bad at all. the hw errors reported came from the 2 boards that the auto freq firmware ran really slow and the other board was jacked way up. ne way after it runs for a bit and i get back from lunch (at work) i will get to uploading pics so my "proof" can be provided before anyone says im lying lol.
That's some pretty technical knowledge you got there! I don't know that much about how it all works yet Sad

idk if thats sarcasm or not but im going to assume its genuine interest in this new info/new firmware. basically the new fw lets you run the miner cooler which will almost certainly extend its life expectancy. it also lets all the boards run at the same freq so no single board is being pushed to the moon and back freq wise while the other 2 r limpin up a small hill in a park lol.

also the miner im testing it on is one of the 11.85th/s version miners. that was one of the hottest running machines and the fan noise up and down up and down was annoying so it was a perfect test unit for the new fw.
numnutz2009

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:48:39 PM

...[blibityblablabla]...

1) Not sure where I was "being rude"; but, even if I was, so what? I'm quite certain that philipma was well aware of my general demeanor before choosing to address me or "jump into the fray" of this conversation.

2) The new models of S9s are not the same equipment as 6 years ago (especially since Bitmain started in 2013). The newer software represents a newer hardware. It's really that simple.

3) I bought every one of my S9s to earn the most amount of BTC possible for the least amount of investment. In the adult world, we call this ROI (Return On Investment).

3 1/2) You fail to grasp the basics of how hardware/firmware works. You don't just "turn on" hardware, expect it to work differently than designed, and blame the manufacture because it works as designed. There are actual physical limiting factors as to why the newest boards work the way they do, and there are software requirements that coincide with those limiting factors. Now, if you wanted to debate the merits of a company installing a chip that can only run @ 420M on the same board as one that also has a chip that can only run @ 320M and a chip that can run @ 720M, then you might broach a topic that we can agree on.

4) If you bought the most powerful, most energy efficient miner on the planet because you wanted a $1,500 space heater that would earn you back $50, that's on you not on the company producing the most powerful, most energy efficient miner on the planet.

4 1/2) Unless you're situated in Death Valley or Al-Aziziyah, if you are using "an industrial ac unit" for the amount of miners that it takes you "only a few minutes ... changing the freqs for the miners", you have no concept of air flow and/or ROI.

Your "extra":
The "community" you refer to that want's to reduce their own ROI represents a handful for the tens of thousands of units sold. Wink I've yet to see 1 "pro" that you refer to, who has both an understanding of electronics and ROI, that wants the ability to underclock units that come from the factory "preset" to an "optimal level" per-chip....

oh i decided to look at my history and find a quote where you say there are actual hardware limitations that make the new miners run at the speeds they do and without fan control. it also happens to include the info about my having limited knowledge of how fw words....u also added how hw works too so i forgot to include that but heres that quote u asked for lol. there r others as well but i only need 1 piece of proof not 50. ne thing else i can do for u big guy??

and pics of the miner will be coming soon as well. like i said in my previous post....i will post them only after the miner runs for a little bit and after i go get some lunch on my lunch break. u should chillax buddy. today is a good day....no reason to be so uptight.
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:00:08 PM

...[blibityblablabla]...
I like that you took a quote that has nothing to do with what you're on about and tried to make it apply to what you're on about (I just knew you were going to do that).

In context, what you bolded has to do with the fact that "underclocking" an entire board (that has specific per-chip frequencies set in the PIC) to a random frequency can, and in most cases will, actually have the reverse effect and overclock some chips on that board.

Thanks for, once again, showing that you fail to grasp the basics of how hardware/firmware works (as well as showing that you fail to grasp basic English).

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
numnutz2009

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:07:35 PM

...[blibityblablabla]...
I like that you took a quote that has nothing to do with what you're on about and tried to make it apply to what you're on about (I just knew you were going to do that).

In context, what you bolded has to do with the fact that "underclocking" an entire board (that has specific per-chip frequencies set in the PIC) to a random frequency can, and in most cases will, actually have the reverse effect and overclock some chips on that board.

Thanks for, once again, showing that you fail to grasp the basics of how hardware/firmware works (as well as basic English).

oh and the new fw allows for underclocking as well....as low as 400M. the fw also detects the clock of each chip showing thats what it is running at. its unprofessional to resort to insulting someones typin style because u ran out of things to use in ur circle runnin. im sorry...i truely m....im like a dog with a bone and dont let things go....everrrrrrr and because of that i provided direct quotes of ur wrong info and proved that it is in fact wrong. bitmain helped with that one actually. either way lets agree to disagree ehh?? i dont need you to approve of you losing....so to let u save face even after posting all the proof u asked for (when u posted 0 i might add) lets just walk away and call it even hmmm?? i think thats the nice thing to offer someone in ur position dont u??
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:16:07 PM

...[blibityblablabla]...
Yes, we should just agree to disagree (at least until you can learn how to read basic English and understand 4th grade math).

Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
numnutz2009

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:18:46 PM

...[blibityblablabla]...
Yes, we should just agree to disagree (at least until you can learn how to read basic English and understand 4th grade math).

that must be math of the highest order considering i dont see any. those must be some smarttttt 4th graders if they can pic it out of what u have been posting Wink. today was a good day buddy. it tooks weeks but i got a resolution. im happy with that.
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:23:30 PM

...that must be math of the highest order...
Yes, I realize that
Code:
320 < 400
is a little above your head*.

*Try to remember that "the alligator wants to eat the larger number".  Roll Eyes

numnutz2009

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:33:06 PM

...that must be math of the highest order...
Yes, I realize that
Code:
320 < 400
is a little above your head*.

*Try to remember that "the alligator wants to eat the larger number".  Roll Eyes

omg u learned that too?? ahh i used to love math when the alligators mouth came into play lol. but im not sure where the actual "math" comes into play. really we r just comparing 2 numbers....r u sayin u dont consider setting the freq to 400M an underclock?? are ur saying only 320M and below is an underclock??
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:41:45 PM

....r u sayin u dont consider setting the freq to 400M an underclock?? are ur saying only 320M and below is an underclock??
I'm saying that you used a quote of mine which specifically referenced chips with a max safe freq of 320.
In that quote, and at least a dozen other times, I've tried to explain to you that setting that chip to anything above 320 is overclocking that chip (even if it "underclocks" the rest of the board).
You tried to refute this premise by saying that "the new fw allows for underclocking as well....as low as 400M."
400 is greater than 320.
If you "underclock" an entire board to 400 and it has a chip on it with a max safe freq of 320, you are overclocking that chip.
Because, (back to 4th grade math):
Code:
320 < 400

And none of that even broaches the pointlessness of underclocking a damn S9 to 400.

numnutz2009

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 04:04:44 PM

....r u sayin u dont consider setting the freq to 400M an underclock?? are ur saying only 320M and below is an underclock??
I'm saying that you used a quote of mine which specifically referenced chips with a max safe freq of 320.
In that quote, and at least a dozen other times, I've tried to explain to you that setting that chip to anything above 320 is overclocking that chip (even if it "underclocks" the rest of the board).
You tried to refute this premise by saying that "the new fw allows for underclocking as well....as low as 400M."
400 is greater than 320.
If you "underclock" an entire board to 400 and it has a chip on it with a max safe freq of 320, you are overclocking that chip.
Because, (back to 4th grade math):
Code:
320 < 400

And none of that even broaches the pointlessness of underclocking a damn S9 to 400.

ahh i see what ur sayin big guy. what ur doin is defining the term overclock yourself. what the rest of us r doin is defining the term overclocking the same way bitmain defines it....any freq that is higher than the factory set freq. if its set for 550M then 575M is overclocking....500M is underclocking. u dont get to make up your own meanings and thresholds for those meanings. come on man. so to recap the freq bitmain set in the miner before sending it out is 100% the baseline...anything above said baseline is overclocking and ne thing below said baseline is underclocking.

another thing to note is is every chip is currently overclocked wouldnt that mean every miner has voided its warranty right out of the factory doors?? bitmain voids warranties on miners that r overclocked so isnt that a valid statement based on the exact wording from bitmain??
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 04:10:18 PM

.... what ur doin is defining the term overclock yourself. what the rest of us r doin is defining the term overclocking the same way bitmain defines it....any freq that is higher than the factory set freq. if its set for 550M then 575M is overclocking....500M is underclocking. u dont get to make up your own meanings and thresholds for those meanings...
Irony is that not only do you not understand the basic English that I use, you don't even understand the English that you use.
I'll try again with your own words:

When the chip has a "factory set freq"* of 320 "then 575M is overclocking....[anything under 320M] is underclocking". "u dont get to make up your own meanings and thresholds for those meanings".
"anything above said [320] baseline is overclocking and ne thing below said [320] baseline is underclocking"

*A frequency that is factory set in PIC is, by definition, "factory set"

numnutz2009

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 04:36:43 PM

.... what ur doin is defining the term overclock yourself. what the rest of us r doin is defining the term overclocking the same way bitmain defines it....any freq that is higher than the factory set freq. if its set for 550M then 575M is overclocking....500M is underclocking. u dont get to make up your own meanings and thresholds for those meanings...
Irony is that not only do you not understand the basic English that I use, you don't even understand the English that you use.
I'll try again with your own words:

When the chip has a "factory set freq"* of 320 "then 575M is overclocking....[anything under 320M] is underclocking". "u dont get to make up your own meanings and thresholds for those meanings".
"anything above said [320] baseline is overclocking and ne thing below said [320] baseline is underclocking"

*A frequency that is factory set in PIC is, by definition, "factory set"

do u have the datasheet for the s9 chips?? the factory default in the pre auto tuned miners is 550M, 600M, and 650M. those r the defaults and the auto/non auto use the same chips so nothing changes there buddy. the freq can go as low as 100M based on previous chip datasheets so im sure bitmain has a list of freqs ranging 100-1000 like their other docs. but maybe ur mistaking a starting point as the stock clock. the auto tune checks every freq range until it hits the threshold. but to get the widest range of freqs it has to start lower correct?? that way it can check from low to high and find the best stable freq to run the board at but if it starts at freq 0 whats the point of that?? it would just add more time to the freq check the s9's run making it take long to finally start mining. i tried finding the datasheet but i dont see one for the s9's chip so ur just speculating lol. if every machine was being overclocked out of the box every warranty would be voided out because bitmain doesnt allow overclocking. you say bitmain knows more than us then at the said time you said bitmain doesnt know what constitutes overclocking lol.

on the 550M models anything higher is oc
on the 600M models anything higher is oc
of the 650M models anything higher is oc

same in reverse. idk y this even matters to u as much as it does lol but okie define it however u want if u feel like u win because of it. doesnt matter to me.
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 05:04:28 PM

...[blibityblablabla]...
Because I'm just to lazy to attempt any further explanations of electronics, mathematics, English, and/or thermodynamics to you, I'll leave you alone, with your negitive-ROI producing chip-baking oven, and bid you a good day.

numnutz2009

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 06:38:08 PM

...[blibityblablabla]...
Because I'm just to lazy to attempt any further explanations of electronics, mathematics, English, and/or thermodynamics to you, I'll leave you alone, with your negitive-ROI producing chip-baking oven, and bid you a good day.

idk about an oven....since the miner runs 30 degrees cooler on just 1 of the boards but okie dokie lol.

ne way here r the pics:

This is the highest temp the firmware would allow by default which is why the fans spin up then down up then down non stop every few seconds. the miner isnt dirty and the room it runs in is cold but the firmware slows the fans down to keep it at 100 degrees

This pic shows the temps at their lowest using stock firmware

and finally this pic shows the miners temps with 80% fan speed and no more up and down while running at freq 550m. you can see the differences in temp.

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 06:46:27 PM

...ne way here r the pics:...
And here's to hoping that you save more in electric than the $35 you're giving away in reduced ROI.  Cool gl2u

P.S. did you notice that you're pushing the middle board frequency higher than stock (aka overclocking).  Wink

Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 03:00:36 AM

Two requests for Bitmain

1. Support SEGWIT NOW

2. Build more R4 miners for in home mining. I enjoy having my miners hosted at Giga Watt but for winter months I'd buy a ton of R4 to heat my whole house.

BITMAIN (OP)

Activity: 741
Merit: 514

https://www.bitmain.com

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 07:13:21 AM

Dear Bitcoiners,

We are releasing a new batch (13.5TH/s) of the Antminer S9 at 1700 hours today (7 June, GMT+8).

The batch will be available to purchase at this link after the scheduled time.

We advise all to confirm their order while stock lasts.

As always, please leave us a message at support.bitmain.com to contact us for any reason.

Happy mining,

The Bitmain team

Cloud Mining? Just Go to Hashnest.com          Best Liquidity   Lowest Price   100% Real Mining Back Up
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 10:10:39 AM

With skyrocketing difficulty I don't know how much longer this will be a good buy. I am personally not even considering buying this miner due to that fact. Pretty much gambling at this point, rewards could be much higher or a lot lower than they are today when you get the miner.
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 10:30:03 AM

With skyrocketing difficulty I don't know how much longer this will be a good buy. I am personally not even considering buying this miner due to that fact...
FUD much? At 0.39 BTC for 13.5TH/s, if you aren't considering buying this miner then you aren't considering buying any miner.

...Pretty much gambling at this point, rewards could be much higher or a lot lower than they are today when you get the miner.
That's true of any miner, at any point.

Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: