Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:25:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Radeon released RX 480. (Card is Released)  (Read 60129 times)
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 09:00:38 PM

sure "mining end with ethereum"

see you in 1 year with another great profitable coin, and for your informatuion spreadcoin has the same profit right now

so no i'm not kidding, but amd is not optimized to mine it, only nvidia for now

I'd rather ROI 500% in 1 year with AMD than "250% with NVIDIA, just in case AMD is not good to mine in 1 year." No point in speculating what will be profitable after Eth goes PoS. Could be Pro Nvidia, could be Pro AMD. But so far in the years i've mined, AMD's bang for buck always won overall. I'd be glad to have any reason whatsoever to ever build a Nvidia rig.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 09:08:26 PM

see you in 1 year with another great profitable coin, and for your informatuion spreadcoin has the same profit right now

I'd rather ROI 500% in 1 year with AMD than "250% with NVIDIA, just in case AMD is not good to mine in 1 year." No point in speculating what will be profitable after Eth goes PoS. Could be Pro Nvidia, could be Pro AMD. But so far in the years i've mined, AMD's bang for buck always won overall. I'd be glad to have any reason whatsoever to ever build a Nvidia rig.

still you didn't provide the proof of those 30MH with 480x, i see no confirmation on that hashrate, cryptoblog still say that it need to be tested

and i don't care about ethereum, i know for sure that crypto will be always profitable, etheruem is not the first and not the last of the altcoin mining

not to mention that little coin that are much more profitable than ethereum for one day, are still there popping out, from time to time
Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 09:23:25 PM

I'm pretty excited  for the 480 and 490 for that case.  If you can get a nice hash say 22mh and low watts of say 120 watts that would be a pretty big win in my book.  Much easier to build a rig with $200 cards than $600 cards any day of the week.

As far as the end of mining, yeah possibly but who knows when the next big profitable coin will rise up.  Likely there will be slim profits on every coin after ether, until some coin can build a giant market cap.  Personally I'll ride the wave as long as possiblr , hope the ether guys delay the switch and use my ethers to buy in on upcoming coins.  The richest people had ethers early and the value skyrocketed, most sold early on and live with those regrets.
vaulter

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 10:17:45 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2016, 02:32:05 AM by vaulter

If you want to see 6x1080 rig - you can go to 1070/1080 thread...
zend7

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

Hackers please hack me .... if you can :)

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 01:11:51 AM

I have never liked radeon cards as the last one I had over heated and nearly destroyed my entire computer.

I think I will stick to Nvida GeForce they always overclock for me without any problems with overheating and nearly blowing up my pc system.
greaterninja

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 01:33:03 AM

Here is 6 1080
Will post more when finish the tests...

Pretty cool.   Please post hash rate logs or screenshot plz.

Maybe ethminer -G --list-devices too.

I'm considering buying a 1080 for shits and giggles.  Pleas note guys...its not just for ethereum usage either Smiley
ps_jb

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 01:40:23 AM

Here is 6 1080
Will post more when finish the tests...

Why it is in the post on RX 480?
vaulter

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 02:32:52 AM

Pretty cool.   Please post hash rate logs or screenshot plz.

Maybe ethminer -G --list-devices too.

I'm considering buying a 1080 for shits and giggles.  Pleas note guys...its not just for ethereum usage either Smiley
Check 1070/1080 thread for other pics
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 03:17:19 AM

still you didn't provide the proof of those 30MH with 480x, i see no confirmation on that hashrate, cryptoblog still say that it need to be tested

and i don't care about ethereum, i know for sure that crypto will be always profitable, etheruem is not the first and not the last of the altcoin mining

not to mention that little coin that are much more profitable than ethereum for one day, are still there popping out, from time to time

Proof? Probably because they said it had Nano-like performance and watt efficiency. And the bus width allow plenty of memory bandwitdh for it. It's true that the reports on reddit aren't substantiated with a video showing the S/N of a rx 480x. Maybe they're all fakers. Wink

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 05:57:42 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2016, 06:41:10 AM by Amph

Proof? Probably because they said it had Nano-like performance and watt efficiency. And the bus width allow plenty of memory bandwitdh for it. It's true that the reports on reddit aren't substantiated with a video showing the S/N of a rx 480x. Maybe they're all fakers. Wink

we are not even talking about 480x but 480 only(bad typo from me in the other post indeed), the 480x will likely consume more, see you didn't pay attention to this discussion

seeing the specs it should be lower than 30MH, since the 390 have more bandwidth(2x) and it does 32MH
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 08:21:34 AM

Nobody has STATED that the RX 480 will mine 30 MH - we're just speculating and estimating based on the published specs.

IMO more likely it will be a 22-25MH card - but at the PRICE and at the probable power consumption that's a very nice place to be.

After all, my 290s are legitimate 30MH cards - but they also eat upwards of 200 watts even WITH modified The Stilt bios on them (probably closer to 250) - so while they were inexpensive (sub-$200 from the Newegg "refurbs" sale a bit back) and have a fairly good chance to achieve ROI just from ETH mining, they're not exactly cool running nor highly efficient.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Zitdadast

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

LTC fan 4ever

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 08:28:55 AM

Nobody has STATED that the RX 480 will mine 30 MH - we're just speculating and estimating based on the published specs.

IMO more likely it will be a 22-25MH card - but at the PRICE and at the probable power consumption that's a very nice place to be.

After all, my 290s are legitimate 30MH cards - but they also eat upwards of 200 watts even WITH modified The Stilt bios on them (probably closer to 250) - so while they were inexpensive (sub-$200 from the Newegg "refurbs" sale a bit back) and have a fairly good chance to achieve ROI just from ETH mining, they're not exactly cool running nor highly efficient.

I will wait for the 512 bit memory bus cards. if they are the successor of the 390 and consumes less power.
Tmdz

Activity: 1008

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 12:56:14 PM

The new 480's could perhaps consume only 100 watts with a under volt and reach a close to similar hash rate most likely around the 23 mh mark to speculate.  If things turn out to be good I will seriously consider switching over my gpus to the 480 and further build dedicated rigs on that card as it seems like it will be pleasure to do so.

Also keep in mind that a card like this shouldn't in theory cause a change in hash rates as its not providing a jump in hash rate and farms only have so much space to place the cards.  So it seems like the biggest win is for the hobbyist being we pay the highest rates on electricity vs. farms. Those farms wont really want to buy this card being it could reduce their net hash if the farm is maxed out on space and their electricity is cheap enough to where they would lose more by switching over.
vaulter

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 02:51:09 PM

So 1070 is availible on june 10th  its 449$ founders edition (i think it a good design for mining - memory is thermo paded and cooled properly, fan blower is heavy duty and will last longer than som of the custom design boards) and it is garanteed to do 27mhs at ~100w
480 will do 27mhs tops (we dont know their memory controller settings, memory config in general etc) and its big unknown what the consumption is but 8gb version is around ~250$
So if preorder 1070 you will roi at least 50$ in time 480 will be availible
Now if there will be price cuts for nano - it depends what it will be - but its 4gb and resale value is lower vs 1070
Im personally getting at least 1 rig with 6x1070s
Auponef

Activity: 236

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 04:48:59 PM

I like your argument that the 1070 will ROI a bit earlier due to the fact that you can mine with it very soon.
Zitdadast

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

LTC fan 4ever

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 07:06:33 AM

I like your argument that the 1070 will ROI a bit earlier due to the fact that you can mine with it very soon.

That is mainly because the difficulty is rising too fast. If you get the card now, you can mine at lower difficulty.
vaulter

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 05:52:44 PM

That is mainly because the difficulty is rising too fast. If you get the card now, you can mine at lower difficulty.
Possibly the best thing to do if you have the funds is buy a couple mine, and release at RX 480 release and lose about $100 per from new price but probably mine much more than worth it by then.
For me its also a farms location power budget - if i add only ~ 750w instead of 1050w ist the matter of farm having 2 additinal rigs or 1
Of course if nano drops in price that would be good - but if its not happaning immidiatly on 10th of june thats roi question again and newer gpu alway preferable
Eliovp
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293

Huh?

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 06:46:59 PM

The new 480's could perhaps consume only 100 watts with a under volt and reach a close to similar hash rate most likely around the 23 mh mark to speculate.  If things turn out to be good I will seriously consider switching over my gpus to the 480 and further build dedicated rigs on that card as it seems like it will be pleasure to do so.

Also keep in mind that a card like this shouldn't in theory cause a change in hash rates as its not providing a jump in hash rate and farms only have so much space to place the cards.  So it seems like the biggest win is for the hobbyist being we pay the highest rates on electricity vs. farms. Those farms wont really want to buy this card being it could reduce their net hash if the farm is maxed out on space and their electricity is cheap enough to where they would lose more by switching over.

Just so you know, i i already pre-ordered one. From the moment they're available i'll be getting one. (one to start with).

First thing i'll do, is check out that rom and see what i can do, from the looks of it, and what i've read and heard, it seems that it's fiji-like, so i will probably be able to crank it down even more regarding power consumption Smiley So this could be a huge winner.. If..... and also if...... Wink

dumpida

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 07:57:16 PM

Just so you know, i i already pre-ordered one. From the moment they're available i'll be getting one. (one to start with).

First thing i'll do, is check out that rom and see what i can do, from the looks of it, and what i've read and heard, it seems that it's fiji-like, so i will probably be able to crank it down even more regarding power consumption Smiley So this could be a huge winner.. If..... and also if...... Wink

How much did you pay for that?

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.JOIN NOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Eliovp
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293

Huh?

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 09:12:20 PM

How much did you pay for that?

Haven't payed anything yet, i contacted my supplier to get one for me as soon as they can.

And they will. All depends on when they can order from the main suppliers..

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: