Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:22:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Gulden a good investment?  (Read 250125 times)
SubZer0

Activity: 274
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:30:05 PM

Local famous Dutch rapper Boef informed his 200K+ followers on Snapchat that he is buying Gulden!
Best advertisment ever! 🚀🚀

Yes i saw it to on Snapchat, and that only confirms that he doesn't know what the fuck he is doing lol.
He got payed to do that so it's just shill, i know friends of that guy.
You think he gives a fuck about Gulden, while he is not investing in any good coin?
Understand this; HE GOT PAYED TO ADVERTISE, PURE PUMP & DUMP.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:32:48 PM

Why is there a delay again? and why in the hell has yobit deposits been down for the past two weeks?  Angry

Campaign Manager (2018)
Myraidcoins

Activity: 421
Merit: 101

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:31:06 AM

Local famous Dutch rapper Boef informed his 200K+ followers on Snapchat that he is buying Gulden!

Yes i saw it to on Snapchat, and that only confirms that he doesn't know what the fuck he is doing lol.
You think he gives a fuck about Gulden, while he is not investing in any good coin?

Good to see some more haters and finally some form of marketing for Gulden. All the shitcoins rely on marketing and advertising so if Gulden starts doing more of this then this guy knows his shitcoin is in trouble.

SubZer0

Activity: 274

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 01:09:52 AM

Good to see some more haters and finally some form of marketing for Gulden. All the shitcoins rely on marketing and advertising so if Gulden starts doing more of this then this guy knows his shitcoin is in trouble.

I'm not a hater but i know people close to him so what is incorrect about what i'm saying?
He got offered money to put a snapchat that's it, he laughed about the money he got.
He doesn't even own bitcoin or any other projects he just found out what bitcoin is lol, and they are pumping it so they can dump it again.
That is bad marketing, i also own a bit of Gulden and advertising like that doesn't make me happy.
artmen007

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

FrontEnd developer

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:04:19 AM

i believe gulden is a good future. dev team respect...

High risk high payoff
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:35:51 AM

I'm not a hater but i know people close to him so what is incorrect about what i'm saying?
He got offered money to put a snapchat that's it, he laughed about the money he got.
He doesn't even own bitcoin or any other projects he just found out what bitcoin is lol, and they are pumping it so they can dump it again.
That is bad marketing, i also own a bit of Gulden and advertising like that doesn't make me happy.

Even if this was a PnD attempt... it's a poor one. It didn't even pump. They could have better spend the money to pump it themselves.
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:55:39 AM

Even if this was a PnD attempt... it's a poor one. It didn't even pump. They could have better spend the money to pump it themselves.

Well it follows the whole narrative that Rijk is trying to get poorer people involved in the blockchain. The rappers themselves have money but the followers generally are living slightly above being homeless.

There was zero chance of there being a pump with rapper followers. I do respect Rijk for helping out the poor but the price doesn't care about respect , only investors with real money.
altcoinsrule

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:45:46 AM

Well it follows the whole narrative that Rijk is trying to get poorer people involved in the blockchain. The rappers themselves have money but the followers generally are living slightly above being homeless.

There was zero chance of there being a pump with rapper followers. I do respect Rijk for helping out the poor but the price doesn't care about respect , only investors with real money.

LOL Rijk does not give a shit about the poor. he only likes him self and his vision.
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:12:16 AM

Famous Dutch rapper post a nice snapchat to 200k followers

Glen Hoddle

Activity: 418
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:21:11 AM

Some of the comments on here are laughable and embarrassing. Scooby do is less confused than some of you on here.

There is so much bullshit posted on here it's almost impossible to know where to start.

BioMike, why do you insist on posting in this thread when you complained in the past about being dragged back into the Gulden discussion? Your posts are becoming less credible every time. You know fine well that this whole snapchat bullshit is not a PnD attempt so why imply that it is? You should spend more of your time helping your Gulden hating butthurt friends to offload their enormous shitcoin bags. Go and stick some signs on some bus stops in the arse end of nowhere instead, or whatever else you like to do in your leisure time.

Don't further destroy your credibility or the credibility of your other projects by continuing to post horseshit in this thread.

This thread is full to the brim with FUD. It must be ignored by all potential Gulden investors at all costs. Stay up to date with developments through official channels.

bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:25:09 AM

Some of the comments on here are laughable and embarrassing. Scooby do is less confused than some of you on here.

There is so much bullshit posted on here it's almost impossible to know where to start.

BioMike, why do you insist on posting in this thread when you complained in the past about being dragged back into the Gulden discussion? Your posts are becoming less credible every time. You know fine well that this whole snapchat bullshit is not a PnD attempt so why imply that it is? You should spend more of your time helping your Gulden hating butthurt friends to offload their enormous shitcoin bags. Go and stick some signs on some bus stops in the arse end of nowhere instead, or whatever else you like to do in your leisure time.

Don't further destroy your credibility or the credibility of your other projects by continuing to post horseshit in this thread.

This thread is full to the brim with FUD. It must be ignored by all potential Gulden investors at all costs. Stay up to date with developments through official channels.

Thats 100% true👍👍
Sugaman

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:43:32 AM

Of course this isn't a pump and dump attempt, Andrea Bocelli doing a tweet about Gulden would be a pump and dump attempt as you exposing Gulden to really rich people. Rappers aren't likely to have Bill Gates following them on twitter or snapchat.

I think this is a good way of introducing Gulden to the general public without it affecting the market and price.
Zonefan

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:33:25 AM

https://dev.gulden.com/august-development-update

August Development Update

We are now quite a bit past the initial release estimate for PoW² and while we are almost ready for release we are still not quite there yet.
Understandably some are quite anxious to see the release happen, as we ourselves are too, however good development cannot be rushed so we must be patient for a bit longer.

As we understand that it can be more difficult for those outside the project without the knowledge that we have on the inside of what is going on, and that in the absence of this information some start to assume the worst, we thought we would give a bit more information to those that are waiting.

Sequence of events

I) SEGWIT – OCT 2016

As some of you may know ‘SegWit’ has been a long ongoing argument in the Bitcoin community for quite some time now.
It first came onto the Gulden radar when we released 1.6.0 last year, with quite a lot of people questioning whether we would activate it etc. – at the time we updated our codebase to contain SegWit but stopped short of activating it.

I don’t want to get into a massive discussion on this but at the time our reasoning for not activating SegWit was as follows:

1) There was no immediate pressing need for us to do so.
2) It was unclear whether it would ever activate for Bitcoin themselves in its current form or whether they would eventually give up and implement it differently.

3) The current implementation of SegWit as done by the Bitcoin team was non-optimal – for our use case.

While we can understand why the Bitcoin team did SegWit the way they did with a focus on backwards compatibility at all costs (even though there is argument to be had that perhaps they should have done it differently).
We don’t believe it makes sense for us (or really any other currency that isn’t Bitcoin) to copy it, we don’t have the same backwards compatible requirements that they do so temporarily having larger transactions just to be backwards compatible doesn’t make sense. Likewise it doesn’t make sense to us to not take the opportunity to also implement other pending improvements to the transaction format.

We did not want to activate something that was not optimal, but we also did not want to spend time creating a ‘better’ SegWit only to find that the Bitcoin people do the same and we could have just used their work for ‘free’, as a small team we need to try and work efficiently as possible and be strategic about what we spend our work time on.

So while we internally had a list of things we wanted to see if/when we activated SegWit we adopted a “wait and see” attitude to see what the next move from Bitcoin would be.

II) POW² – MAY 2017

After a huge amount of work to develop and prove the concept possible in May 2017 we released the whitepaper for PoW², the idea was to finalise development and head straight to releasing PoW² as a hardfork – i.e. all older clients would no longer be able to partake in the network after a certain fixed block height, as we have done for previous updates with delta.

Part of the PoW² concept requires the creation of a new ‘address type’, and while this can technically be ‘shoe horned’ into the existing transaction format, doing so is not the best way to do it, and we want to try and avoid introducing ugly hacks like this into the codebase in favour of keeping a clean codebase.

III) SEGSIG – JUNE 2017

While working on the optimal way to implement the new address type, it became obvious that many parts of the codebase that need to change to accommodate this are the same parts that are affected by SegWit.

At around about the same time after watching SegWit for some time, it become clear that though the Bitcoin team had still failed to activate SegWit there was now a clear determination to do so and that one way or another SegWit in its current form -will- eventually be activated, we therefore had to at this point give up hope that the Bitcoin team might develop a better SegWit which makes the sort of changes we were hoping for and instead accept that if we wanted this it would have to be something we do ourselves.

And so the concept of SegSig was born, we were faced with two possible paths forward:

1) Release PoW² hardfork as originally planned. (including extensive testing)
Go through the work of having everyone including exchanges and mining pools upgrade to it.
Produce SegSig as a hardfork, which involves changing a lot of the same code as PoW²
Put our testers through extensive testing once again.
Go through the work of having everyone upgrade for a second time in a short time period.

2) Combine PoW² and SegSig together into one release, despite possible delays and release it all at once.

This was not an easy decision, I am not a fan of trying to do too many things in one release as this has the potential to get out of control and normally I would prefer to try and seperate things into multiple small releases. As a developer it would have been easier for me to take option 1.

However there were multiple special factors here:

1) Both releases change similar parts of the code.
2) Both releases are major and require extensive testing – with major overlap in what needs to be tested.
3) Both releases break backwards compatibility and as such require coordinated efforts to get all services updated correctly.

Some of the main points on which this decision hinged:

1) I felt that having our testers test the same area of code twice in a row in quick proximity was likely to cause “tester fatigue” and that bugs were more likely to creep into both releases as a result, that by instead doing one release we would likely have much better quality testing.
2) Each release puts significant strain on us as the developers as well as our “support community” in order to handle the large volume of update related enquiries – I felt that a single release would ease the burden here compared to two subsequent releases.
3) Multiple mandatory releases in a row has the potential for “upsetting” third parties like exchanges, and I felt it would be beneficial to avoid putting them through this if possible.
4) A single release would be overall better in terms of use of my time and therefore in the long term better for the project.

A final thing that came up in our internal discussion was that our user base has completely exploded over the last year, and the release of the PoW² caused an even more overwhelmingly positive response than we anticipated, with installs absolutely skyrocketing.
Comparing how many users we have now to our previous releases and how much work it was to get people to upgrade even when we were smaller it started to become obvious to us that our previous plan of “PoW² as a mandatory hardfork from block xxx – everyone must upgrade before that” was no longer good enough, would not be a pleasant experience for all these users and that at this point we are large enough that we need to do better.

Taking these into consideration, and based on experiences from previous releases I came to the decision that, despite it being harder for me and despite the possibility of delays, a single release combining the two was ultimately the right thing to do.
Further it was decided that instead of a simple hardfork the upgrade would take place in multiple stages, allowing the best of both worlds – 1) People to start participating in PoW² as soon as possible 2) A period of backwards compatibility so that there is time for people to upgrade naturally (at this point we were considering also that the status of our iOS acceptance was unknown and wanted to allow as much upgrade time for iOS users as possible) and it doesn’t all have to be forced before a certain block.

IV) THE NATURE OF DELAYS ON LARGE PROJECTS

Unfortunately I must admit I underestimated the amount of work involved in doing SegSig correctly, this happened on two fronts.

1) I have been aware of some small inefficiencies in the bitcoin transaction format for quite some time and this was always on our internal roadmap and what SegSig was intended to address (other than the transaction malleability issue).
I had never spent massive amounts of time looking into the transaction format. Once I started the work to correct these small inefficiencies some other less obvious inefficiencies became apparent to me, there was a lot more scope for improvement than I thought, and as I looked into those even more appeared, and so there was a bit of feature creep.
2) Despite the changes to the transaction format itself being “relatively small” it has knock on effects for an extremely large part of the codebase, the codebase has an extensive amount of parts that make assumptions about or make use of the transaction format code and need to be adjusted for the changes, While individually these changes are easy to make, I underestimated a bit just how many of them there would be..

In terms of the multi stage upgrade, I also slightly underestimated the work involved. PoW² is already a very complex beast to implement and having the backwards compatible change complicates it a bit more. I was prepared for this but there were some unexpected ‘incompatibilities’ with the existing Bitcoin codebase that complicates this, theoretically this complication shouldn’t have existed but it’s just an implementation detail of how Bitcoin handles things – and this is unfortunately the nature of Software Development that these things happen.

V) WRAPPING UP

And so here we are, a part of me regrets not sticking to doing PoW² as a solo release, it certainly would have been easier, in the short term it would have made a lot of people happier and instead of feeling bad about “letting people down” right now I could instead be soaking up all the praise. 

However a larger part of me knows that even now with the delays this would have been the wrong thing to do, in the long term picture these delays are a very short period of time and when we are enjoying the benefits that they bring in the long term I think everyone will come to appreciate the long term game we are playing.

And so, while I am sorry there are delays and while I apologise to anyone who is disappointed by these delays I am not sorry that I have taken this decision.

While we have not released yet, the finish line is in sight and we will be there soon, stay tuned for more news to come.

Thanks for posting this Bram, The 1.6.0 release last year had all the similar FUD because the development was delayed by 2 months and trolls were saying it won't ever be done. 

I have 2 family members who lost ETH, one who used the Freewallet ethereum and another who had ETH stolen from his multisig wallet with the parity flow hack. This isn't ETH fault but I said with Gulden I have never heard of a case of coins being stolen or a bad wallet where people lost money.
They will be investing in Gulden but originally thought it was a scam because of EFL and got confused between the two coins.

The moral of the story is give the devs time to make sure this update goes well so the above issues don't happen and people lose Gulden. This looks to be a HUGE update and we should be more supportive of the innovation coming then throwing stones at the devs for being a month or two late.

Zonefan

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:46:06 AM

Good post, but give Biomike some credit. I don't trade but traders like Biomike help users get in at a lower price by artificially suppressing the value allowing a lot more users to enjoy the benefits of growth when it takes place.
Sugaman

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:16:23 AM

Good post, but give Biomike some credit. I don't trade but traders like Biomike help users get in at a lower price by artificially suppressing the value allowing a lot more users to enjoy the benefits of growth when it takes place.

The chart for Gulden is very similar to how bitcoin started off, long time of stability followed by increase in value and a new stable price that is higher then previous one.
ramyon

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 01:02:29 PM

If that I do not know because have not tried in the business was seen from the speculation seems good
pijpenstelen

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 01:56:21 PM

The chart for Gulden is very similar to how bitcoin started off, long time of stability followed by increase in value and a new stable price that is higher then previous one.

Well I would like it if the price can remain this low for another 6 months to 12 months so i can buy up a little bit each month with my salary. Trying to get as much out of the Euro as possible.

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
  ▄███▀    ▄▄▄████▄▄    ▀████ 
 ▐███     ██████████▀     ███▌
 ███▌    ██████▀▀        ▄███▌
▐███    ▐████▄      ▄▄▄██████▌
▐███▌  ▄████████▄▄██████████▀
 ████████▀█████████████▀▀▀    
  ████▌    ▀▀██████▀▀      ▄▄
   ▀████▄              ▄▄████▌
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████   READ OUR WHITEPAPER   ██████████
CREATE YOUR DECENTRALIZED LIFE
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
  ▄███▀    ▄▄▄████▄▄    ▀████ 
 ▐███     ██████████▀     ███▌
 ███▌    ██████▀▀        ▄███▌
▐███    ▐████▄      ▄▄▄██████▌
▐███▌  ▄████████▄▄██████████▀
 ████████▀█████████████▀▀▀    
  ████▌    ▀▀██████▀▀      ▄▄
   ▀████▄              ▄▄████▌
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
DashNLG

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:11:07 PM

Well I would like it if the price can remain this low for another 6 months to 12 months so i can buy up a little bit each month with my salary. Trying to get as much out of the Euro as possible.

Sad to hear about the delay but in the long term it will be good for Gulden, in the short term i have pulled a few btc away in buy support as I see other traders have done because bitcoin is going to break $4500 this week. I think if traders are smart we can use this break to get Gulden under 2000 because of the delay in development and another increase in bitcoin price.

Aim for another 1500-2000 sat range will be a really good bargain if you already own bitcoin.

Bitcoin has passed $4500, Gulden is holding up well but if the release is only in March next year then you will have 6 months more of cheap pricing for the coin. Plenty time to get in on this 1500 - 3000 range.
TimBurton

Activity: 64

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:28:35 PM

Sad to hear about the delay but in the long term it will be good for Gulden, in the short term i have pulled a few btc away in buy support as I see other traders have done because bitcoin is going to break $4500 this week. I think if traders are smart we can use this break to get Gulden under 2000 because of the delay in development and another increase in bitcoin price.

Aim for another 1500-2000 sat range will be a really good bargain if you already own bitcoin.

Bitcoin has passed $4500, Gulden is holding up well but if the release is only in March next year then you will have 6 months more of cheap pricing for the coin. Plenty time to get in on this 1500 - 3000 range.

You forgetting Guldentrader exchange is 1 month away , it will be the first NLG-EURO pairing exchange and they have hedge fund interest. This is the most important release this year. Nocks will follow with it's exchange a month or two later and then the Pow2 and segsig release.
Luuk

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:39:08 PM

You forgetting Guldentrader exchange is 1 month away , it will be the first NLG-EURO pairing exchange and they have hedge fund interest. This is the most important release this year. Nocks will follow with it's exchange a month or two later and then the Pow2 and segsig release.

Price is heading south of 2000 as bitcoin continues to rise, nothing short of the developers announcing that testing has started will reverse the trend.
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: