Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:47:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Giving up gambling is not easy  (Read 54958 times)
djtas bitbit

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:38:07 PM

Giving up gambling is not easy because once you had already addicted its not easy to quit. It is not easy because that is a part of our life if we gamble. Especially when we gamble and we win we feel good. But you can control yourself and know the limitation and you should know the risk and advantages of gambling. Sometimes we can say its not easy but you need to focus to yourself how to control and your emotions also and how to manage yourself to give up in gambling. Gambling is for profit and for fun try to enjoy in every time you gamble.

If you can control yourself and know the limitations then you should know the risks and benefits of gambling. Sometimes we can say it's not easy, but you need to focus on ourselves and how to control your emotions and also how to manage himself to surrender in gambling. indeed to get out of gambling is not as easy in our minds but must act so that does not occur in gambling addiction
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gandame

Activity: 924
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 10:51:03 PM

Giving up gambling is not easy because once you had already addicted its not easy to quit. It is not easy because that is a part of our life if we gamble. Especially when we gamble and we win we feel good. But you can control yourself and know the limitation and you should know the risk and advantages of gambling. Sometimes we can say its not easy but you need to focus to yourself how to control and your emotions also and how to manage yourself to give up in gambling. Gambling is for profit and for fun try to enjoy in every time you gamble.

If you can control yourself and know the limitations then you should know the risks and benefits of gambling. Sometimes we can say it's not easy, but you need to focus on ourselves and how to control your emotions and also how to manage himself to surrender in gambling. indeed to get out of gambling is not as easy in our minds but must act so that does not occur in gambling addiction
Yes that is true self control and have limitation in  self to know when we stop gambling. Gambling is the most worst thing if you entered to it you can lose big if you don't know how to control your emotions.
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 01:55:30 AM

Yes that is true self control and have limitation in  self to know when we stop gambling. Gambling is the most worst thing if you entered to it you can lose big if you don't know how to control your emotions.

I couldn't agree more, self control and your ability to discipline yourself with a consistent bankroll is the only way to stand a chance at being successful with gambling. It's a difficult thing to maintain but with the ever increasing tricks  of the bookies I think you need these attributes in order to stand a chance against them.
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 10:56:49 AM

I was regularly betting on sports and I usually broke even, but when I started to lose a bit and get emotions to control my betting then I just pulled out and haven't betted in a year or two.

This is amazing, you are able to distance yourself from gambling with not much of an issue. This is definitely not easy for a lot of people out there. They will try to avoid for days or weeks, but within a month or 2, they will still end up coming back to gamble for more. It has already been a habit for them.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 11:43:28 AM

I was regularly betting on sports and I usually broke even, but when I started to lose a bit and get emotions to control my betting then I just pulled out and haven't betted in a year or two.

This is amazing, you are able to distance yourself from gambling with not much of an issue. This is definitely not easy for a lot of people out there. They will try to avoid for days or weeks, but within a month or 2, they will still end up coming back to gamble for more. It has already been a habit for them.
that's what most addicted gambler dreaming about , to leave gambling forever to avoid financial problem. but since an addiction always required long time to get recovered and step by step based on a lot of psychiatrist suggestion. it would working effectively . there always an easy way when you have a strong will.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 04:27:25 PM

that's what most addicted gambler dreaming about , to leave gambling forever to avoid financial problem. but since an addiction always required long time to get recovered and step by step based on a lot of psychiatrist suggestion. it would working effectively . there always an easy way when you have a strong will.

A strong will and determination to quit by thinking of your life and your family. It would also help if the people around you are encouraging you and are helping out. It's extremely hard if you are trying to quit on your own so it's a big thing if you have support from other people around you

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 09:48:11 AM

A strong will and determination to quit by thinking of your life and your family. It would also help if the people around you are encouraging you and are helping out. It's extremely hard if you are trying to quit on your own so it's a big thing if you have support from other people around you
yeah then an open talking needed right? so everyone around you could always supporting you , it's indeed a big help when you have a nice family who care and support on whatever decision you make . in this case you want to leave from your gambling addiction problem and of course there would be an easy way opened when you are not thinking alone but together.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 01:46:03 PM

yeah then an open talking needed right? so everyone around you could always supporting you , it's indeed a big help when you have a nice family who care and support on whatever decision you make . in this case you want to leave from your gambling addiction problem and of course there would be an easy way opened when you are not thinking alone but together.
To sharing our addiction with family members or with friends we need courage. Many addicted gamblers will not take this courage and finally, they will take wrong decision in the end. But every addicted gambler must share with their family members. They are the one take care of them until they come out from gambling.
btcjocan

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 02:23:32 PM

To sharing our addiction with family members or with friends we need courage. Many addicted gamblers will not take this courage and finally, they will take wrong decision in the end. But every addicted gambler must share with their family members. They are the one take care of them until they come out from gambling.

Upon reading the stories on this thread I must say that how worst gambling is, and addictions really affecting most people specially those who are long time gambling players. That's right most of those addicted don't have determinations and courage to quit and give up gambling despite of it's difficulties. Special attentions can be needed in order to change the visions of the person or a member of your family maybe your siblings and even your parents, will have to undergo seminars on how to give up easily from gambling. Proper communications and caring should be given to those individuals and I believe they can overcome it in a long period of time as process goes on.
kodes88

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 06:01:11 PM

that's pretty good,very rare people doing what you do,a year or two year,its long time,and i think you are not addicted to gambling,and also dicipline person,but i dont wonder if you able to limit and stop your self from playing gamblimg,becuse you are playing sports betting,and it need a time to know your result,maybe you can't stop playing if you regurally playing dice,just my opinion.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:22:02 PM

some addicted people want to leave gambling at once, but it is very difficult, may be some addicted people have been even succeeded but in most of the cases people do not succeeded in such ambitions, they need to quit gambling slowly and with some great planning and strategy, otherwise there are more chances that he will start gambling again every he is remain untouched to it for few months or even for years..
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:28:52 PM

some addicted people want to leave gambling at once, but it is very difficult, may be some addicted people have been even succeeded but in most of the cases people do not succeeded in such ambitions, they need to quit gambling slowly and with some great planning and strategy, otherwise there are more chances that he will start gambling again every he is remain untouched to it for few months or even for years..

It actually depends on your persona..

You can quit a lot of things by just making a sudden drop, you don't to decrease, you just need to motivate yourself to completely stop.

I know people who quit smoking with a half of an unfinished pack of cigarettes, and dozens of people who "are going to" quit smoking when they finish this pack, and it's always until that pack etc.

There are ofcourse people who won't be able to do this, so they'll try something else, find a replacement for your addiction.
My girlfriend stopped smoking by using an e-cig, gamblers can try gambling in virtual games with virtual currencies etc.
It depends on your goal and charachter, if it's money you're stopping for or something else.

Looking for a signature campaign.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:30:27 PM

Yeah this is good and you are one of very few gamblers that are able to control your emotions. So you haven't bet for let's say two years from now. Do you still gamble or is it getting into your mind that you want to gamble again?

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 01:11:15 AM

Yeah this is good and you are one of very few gamblers that are able to control your emotions. So you haven't bet for let's say two years from now. Do you still gamble or is it getting into your mind that you want to gamble again?

I believe it takes around 6 months to form a habit, and around the same to break one.
So he probably doesn't have the urge to go gamble anymore, the start is the hardest, later on it gets easier Smiley

Looking for a signature campaign.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 01:24:04 AM

I believe it takes around 6 months to form a habit, and around the same to break one.
So he probably doesn't have the urge to go gamble anymore, the start is the hardest, later on it gets easier Smiley
Where have you read that because I'm interested in researchers that explored the effects of habits or forming a habit and it's significant effect to humans. I'm just curious if everyone has this kind of curiosity.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 01:49:21 AM

I think addiction will be quite faster and I believe six months is a long time and at the same time if an addicted person decides wants to go out of any habit then they can find ways to go out of that habit. It all depends on individual how long they need to come out of addicted habits, some people may need more time, and some of them need just a few days after they decide.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:47:32 AM

Base on what I can remember from my psychology class. It only takes 21 times to make an activity an habit. And once you reached that 21 times, the next tries will be the time that you are near to addiction and you will be hard time to get out of it.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 10:12:18 PM

If you want to give up gambling why not attend a recovery program like a Gamblers Anonymous meeting where they can give you a help. They will give you a hand of friendship, understanding of your struggling, and a support through out your recovery. Some people recovered from their addiction and free from gambling. Why not you if you can do it alone?

An excellent idea, but it does note that gambling has the attraction that it's excellent for those who are already often do gambling and without creating a plan or strategy to win. Addiction is the most important thing is obtained by all the gamblers, and it's very difficult to be eliminated if we do not have a strong intention. Out of gambling is indeed very easy, but getting out of the traps or fantasy (in the mind) on gambling takes time. So we should be able to control myself and also clear the mind of all bad things

FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 10:37:09 PM

If you want to give up gambling why not attend a recovery program like a Gamblers Anonymous meeting where they can give you a help. They will give you a hand of friendship, understanding of your struggling, and a support through out your recovery. Some people recovered from their addiction and free from gambling. Why not you if you can do it alone?

An excellent idea, but it does note that gambling has the attraction that it's excellent for those who are already often do gambling and without creating a plan or strategy to win. Addiction is the most important thing is obtained by all the gamblers, and it's very difficult to be eliminated if we do not have a strong intention. Out of gambling is indeed very easy, but getting out of the traps or fantasy (in the mind) on gambling takes time. So we should be able to control myself and also clear the mind of all bad things

I don't know why, but addiction is not the most important thing a man or a gambler will ever obtain, not even a good thing it is the worst thing that could happen in a gambler.

Having many thoughts of winning a gambling activity, earning a lot of money and being rich is the common reason why someone is addicted to gambling. But it can't be helped, it is easy to gamble and you just need to put your money on the game and hope for it to win. But gambling requires a huge amount of luck, without it you will be putting your money on the line without having any cutbacks, but we don't know when will it come so we really need to be careful and monitor our games seriously.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:33:25 PM

I agree it is really hard and mostly impossible. It is like a drug that ones you take you will surely take it once again at a point in yoyr life but gambling is more addictinf to that. The best solution is find alternatives way of earning good income like trading, or storing instead of spending
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 »
  Print  

Jump to: