Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:47:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: A4 Dominator - Pre-Order Group Buy - 280mh, roughly 1000w, $1800 + shipping  (Read 122527 times)
kilo17
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 02:24:01 AM

Setting up a Group Buy by people who have accounts with less than 6 months is going to be difficult.  There have been way to many scams on BCT and I would be proceed cautiously. 

Those people wanting to do this Group Buy may be honest people but it is hard to tell these days.

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 03:24:03 AM

Setting up a Group Buy by people who have accounts with less than 6 months is going to be difficult.  There have been way to many scams on BCT and I would be proceed cautiously. 

Those people wanting to do this Group Buy may be honest people but it is hard to tell these days.

I could do it ..not sure I really want to do it....

I can vouch for the Op here thou...newbie thou he may be

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 04:11:05 AM

To be honest I would like to stay out of the middle of the transaction itself for the group buy.  Inno has said they want the funds sent to them directly via wire transfer.  So I am certainly not in the middle of anything to do with money that is all Innosilicon.  

I also would prefer not to be in the middle of handling other people's miners and the logistics of shipping these all over the US, but I will if nobody else will step forward to do so.  That is why I suggested that "trusted" members of the community would be preferred to help coordinate the receipt and shipping of the miners if someone would be willing to volunteer.  

My purpose is to bring together a like minded group interested in buying the miners, and work with Innosilicon to make it happen for all of us in the group.  You can say my interest is purely selfish in that I want to buy the A4 also.  So I thought it might help get that done faster if I helped coordinate the communication for the group buy so that we could make that happen.  That is my motive here.   It looks like from here we will be able to communicate directly with Innosilicon for the ordering and shipping phase so hopefully my role here is going to diminish as this goes forward.  

I hope I didn't give anyone the wrong impression that I want in the middle of this... I simply want some A4's. Cheesy

I can vouch for Searing if he is willing to be our focal point/volunteer for setting up the group buy in the US so that we can have the miners shipped in bulk to him.  As always I am open to suggestions and feedback.  If others are interested in volunteering please do speak up.  

The more eyes, ears, and voices on this one the better.    

jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 10:19:35 AM

any group buy at europe?Huh
carlosmnk

Activity: 572
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 01:23:31 PM

any group buy at europe?Huh

i agree

Played with: USB RedFury - BlackArrows Prospero X1/X3 - Butterfly Monarch- Spondoolies SP20E - Avalon 6 - Antminer U3/S3/S3+/C1/S5/S7 Batches 3-7-8 - Sfards SF100 - Innosilicon A2 Terminator - Alcheminer 96/256 - KNC Titan - Etherum Rigs
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 03:57:55 PM

For you folks in Europe if you can nominate someone to take the lead by offering to receive the miners once the order is placed and shipped then have that person send the miners to you or arrange for a pickup that would probably work out the best.  With Innosilicon cutting us a huge break in allowing us to order a minimum of 3 miners it should not be too difficult to reach out to others here who are also in Europe to get a minimum order together.

If any of you are in Europe and are planning to place an order and would be willing to be the pickup point or shipping point for other members here please speak up so that others here will know to reach out to you.

In the US, I would like to take Searing up on his offer to be the receiver of a group buy order.  I can vouch for Searing.  I have talked with him several times on the phone and we have bought and sold items from each other.  So if Searing is willing I would like to place my order with his order and have the miners shipped to him.  If others would like to take part in this order arrangement please speak up and we will coordinate the order with Inno. 

I have asked Chloe for the bank transfer info so we can arrange for payments.  I would like to have commitments from people in the US who would like to place an order in our group buy to reach out to me or Searing with the number of A4's you want to order.  If we can get those commitments by say this Friday (July 8th 2016) I would like to see us get the first order in as soon as we can. We will sort out the communication/coordination needed to confirm payments, addresses, shipping costs etc for those who are going to take part in this group buy.

Again feedback and inputs are always welcome.  Thanks again for everyone being so patient as we work through the details on how to make this group buy work for as many people as possible. 
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 04:20:20 PM

For the members here who are placing a large order and going directly to Inno as part of the group buy offer.  If you feel comfortable letting us know that you ordered using the group buy that would be awesome.  I would love  to get an idea how many people are able to take advantage of this offer.  Thanks!
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 05:38:56 PM

For the members here who are placing a large order and going directly to Inno as part of the group buy offer.  If you feel comfortable letting us know that you ordered using the group buy that would be awesome.  I would love  to get an idea how many people are able to take advantage of this offer.  Thanks!
I am trying, but having no luck in reaching sales or any of the other emails since last Saturday.
Either they are going into a spam folder or they are pissed at all the email I have been sending...
No luck  Sad
Im in Arizona, and was going to buy the 3 units. 5 units was a bit too much, but 3 I can handle.
If anyone want's to piggy-back on my order (assuming I can get through to them to place it), let me know.
I would also be willing to piggy-back on someone else order if they have actually managed to get a response from them...
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 05:55:08 PM

For the members here who are placing a large order and going directly to Inno as part of the group buy offer.  If you feel comfortable letting us know that you ordered using the group buy that would be awesome.  I would love  to get an idea how many people are able to take advantage of this offer.  Thanks!
I am trying, but having no luck in reaching sales or any of the other emails since last Saturday.
Either they are going into a spam folder or they are pissed at all the email I have been sending...
No luck  Sad
Im in Arizona, and was going to buy the 3 units. 5 units was a bit too much, but 3 I can handle.
If anyone want's to piggy-back on my order (assuming I can get through to them to place it), let me know.
I would also be willing to piggy-back on someone else order if they have actually managed to get a response from them...

They have trouble receiving email from some domain names (blame China)...specifically (most likely) domain names registered through godaddy. Try sending them an email from an alternate email address with a different domain name.

usao
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 06:01:16 PM

For the members here who are placing a large order and going directly to Inno as part of the group buy offer.  If you feel comfortable letting us know that you ordered using the group buy that would be awesome.  I would love  to get an idea how many people are able to take advantage of this offer.  Thanks!
No luck  Sad

They have trouble receiving email from some domain names (blame China)...specifically (most likely) domain names registered through godaddy. Try sending them an email from an alternate email address with a different domain name.
I suppose that could be the case. I use gmail, I didn't think that would be blocked.
I actually don't have another address. Are they on this forum to where I could PM them?
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 06:35:49 PM

I haven't seen Chloe chime in on the forum yet about the updates to the A4 anywhere.  I also use gmail to communicate with them.  If you want to PM me your email address your using I can ping Inno and let them know to look for your email regarding the group buy and your order.   Maybe that will help get you connected with someone who can help you get the order placed.  

Here is the email address I have been using: zhangq@innosilicon.com.cn
excelerator

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 11:59:26 PM

Why isn't this group trying to do the buy through a US/UK reseller? Solves the "one order" for Innosilicon and gets individuals out of the break box business and shipping individual units to the other buyers.

It's not that Innosilicon won't ship as they're a respectable manufacturer, but rather there is no real recourse if there is a delay in shipping in a pre-order. 

Has anyone checked with Zoomhash.com?  They moved a lot of A2s and would be ideal as a US reseller, they have a pre-existing relationship with Innosilicon, and might take the group buy order and restart their sales of Innosilicon. I'm in for 5 units if you can get Zoomhash to land the units and resell.
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 12:22:16 AM

This is a prelaunch order for the A4.  Nobody has the A4's yet including Zoomhash and as such they are not doing a preorder either to the general public.  So this is a limited opportunity to get a batch 1 miner before general availability of the A4.  Which is the reason we setup this group buy to get in on batch 1.  After this batch I am sure the miners will be available through distributors and for general purchase and there won't be a need for the group buy effort here.  How much of a jump the batch 1 miners will have over the general availability is anyone's guess.
tbly13

Activity: 59

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 04:25:25 AM

No luck  Sad

Hey usao, I am also in Arizona hoping to get my hands on one a4 miner. Perhaps we could get an order shipped somewhere around here?
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 02:16:29 PM

I received an update from Inno this morning.  They have been trying to login to the BCT forum to provide updates, but it appears they are being blocked from China and cannot get in here.  They say they are going to try again later to see if they can get access.  

If anyone else is having issues reaching Innosilicon please reach out to me in a PM and I will reach out to them to see if we can get you in contact.  They provided me the bank transfer information this morning.  So I will give this a few days for others to reach out and let me know if your interested in the group buy.  I want to give everyone who wants the chance to get in on this first batch a chance to speak up before I get the ball rolling.

I will be out all next week so if it appears I dropped off the planet it is because I will be off grid for the most part.  If I get a chance to check in when I venture into a town I will try, but no promises.  So at the very latest I will be placing an order the week of the 18th if they have not already closed the pre-order window us.  At this point I don't want to wait that long so if I manage to get to a place where I have internet access next week I may just move ahead then.  I will have to play it by ear at this point. 

BTC halving is in 2 days so anything can happen.  Get your popcorn, and a front row seat it is going to be a wild ride.

So that is the scoop.  Let me know if you have any questions or want to be part of the first order.  Thanks.
wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1174
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 03:20:31 PM

I received an update from Inno this morning.  They have been trying to login to the BCT forum to provide updates, but it appears they are being blocked from China and cannot get in here.  They say they are going to try again later to see if they can get access.  

If anyone else is having issues reaching Innosilicon please reach out to me in a PM and I will reach out to them to see if we can get you in contact.  They provided me the bank transfer information this morning.  So I will give this a few days for others to reach out and let me know if your interested in the group buy.  I want to give everyone who wants the chance to get in on this first batch a chance to speak up before I get the ball rolling.

I will be out all next week so if it appears I dropped off the planet it is because I will be off grid for the most part.  If I get a chance to check in when I venture into a town I will try, but no promises.  So at the very latest I will be placing an order the week of the 18th if they have not already closed the pre-order window us.  At this point I don't want to wait that long so if I manage to get to a place where I have internet access next week I may just move ahead then.  I will have to play it by ear at this point.  

BTC halving is in 2 days so anything can happen.  Get your popcorn, and a front row seat it is going to be a wild ride.

So that is the scoop.  Let me know if you have any questions or want to be part of the first order.  Thanks.
I received the same bank transfer info this morning as well, and sent back a few questions to get shipping payment details, return policy, and what happens if they dont ship beginning, mid, or end of August.

Also asked when the preorder deadline is.

Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 03:43:03 PM

They hedged a little and said August and the latest being September for shipping miners.  So they still have a big window for shipping.  

Right now the communication she has been providing seems to be focused on August.  So fingers crossed we can see miners next month.

As far as a return policy they are only offering a parts replacement warranty to avoid shipping charges back and forth.  At least that has been my understanding from what has been provided so far.
excelerator

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 04:29:50 PM

What about DOA units?  Who pays for the return per the warranty?  In a group pre-order, who will determine who gets the working machines?

Batch 1 machines can give you time/difficulty advantage, but also commonly come with Batch 1 "issues". Many of those who purchased Titans directly from KNC will remember.

I have a Titan farm I need refreshed but pre-orders are too risky, even with a great company like Innosilicon, especially when they have a global distribution network to remove unnecessary risk primarily due to delays in production. 

Let the resellers get their margin and reduce the risk for us.

usao
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 04:45:03 PM

Yea, I got my wire-transfer completed. Im at least on the radar.
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 05:05:01 PM

The pre-order is risky.  Batch 1 of anything is risky.  I whole heartily recommend anyone not willing to accept the risks should wait for the distribution network to get miners and have someone you can work with to get problems resolved.  A DOA unit is a good question that I will make sure to pass along.

The group buy is not for everyone.  Only proceed if you understand the risks.

So far I am not hearing a lot of feedback from people on this so I will assume you are either working directly with Inno or your waiting.  I will not be holding up my order for very long to give people the chance to speak up that you want to get in on the group buy.  If I don't get any interest in the next day or two I will assume you guys are squared away and I will rock and roll with my own order. 

That is awesome news usao!  Congrats... I am hoping to get this ball rolling here soon myself!   Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: