Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:01:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: A4 Dominator - Pre-Order Group Buy - 280mh, roughly 1000w, $1800 + shipping  (Read 122527 times)
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 09:58:18 AM

meh
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 02:08:11 PM

I don't know what they would charge to bring something like that through customs etc.  So it could get expensive.  I have asked the question to Inno about local pickup.  Let's see what they say. 
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 02:10:19 PM

It shouldn't be any different cost for customs if you bring it yourself or have it shipped directly from innosilicon.
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 02:30:04 PM

I don't know.  I have ordered some things and not had to pay any duties.  And other things they slap me around good! LOL  But any time I have declared anything that I am bringing into the country they have always slapped me around and then kicked me a couple of times as well... So personally I would prefer to order and have it go through DHL and take my chances there.  Cheesy 
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 03:15:10 AM

Ok, well after talking with Inno about how we can handle the group buy she agreed that it is OK for each of us to send out funds in separately via wire transfer.  Then Inno will ship them all to one location and have the miners forwarded to us from there. 

So for our group buy Searing has offered to be our POC for receiving the miners.  Once they are about to ship we will give Inno the mailing info for Searing so the batch 1 will go there. 

Today we placed our order.  A couple of us wire transferred funds to Inno and have the ball rolling.  If anyone else would like to take advantage of the pre-buy group buy just give me a shout.  I can get you the wire transfer instructions or if I am not around there are a few others here who have also gotten the wire transfer instructions.  They can send you that info. 

Basically the process goes like this:

1. Wire the funds for the amount needed to cover the cost of the miners you want.  The net amount needs to equal $1800 for 1 miner, $3600 for 2 miner etc.  Pay attention when wiring the funds as the bank in China tacked on an additional $25 for "who knows what" which was coming out of the amount being sent.  So you will come up short with Inno if you don't send the extra funds to make up for this fee being deducted.  I don't know what your bank will charge you for an international wire transfer.  My bank charged $61.

2. Once you have sent the funds you will need your bank transaction info for the wire transfer.  Send a copy of that to Innosilicon, Chloe and let her know your part of our group buy on BCT.  She should know which order to match your order with. 

3. PM me with your contact info and I will follow up with Inno to ensure that they received the funds and make sure that Chloe knows where to send your order.

4. When the miners are read to ship Inno will be reaching out to us to tell us how much the shipping cost will be.  What we can do to cover the shipping cost they will want another wire transfer for that amount.  That is a lot of money for all of us to send another wire transfer so I would be willing to cover that cost as long as you reimburse me your portion of the shipping and your portion of the wire transfer cost once the miners have arrived here in the US at Searings place. 

5. Once the miners arrive we can get you the shipping estimates from Searing's to your preferred destination.  You will have to pay Searing for the shipping cost.

Please let me know if you have any questions.   If you still want in on the group buy it isn't too late yet.  But I wouldn't drag my feet on this because we don't know how many units they plan to ship in this batch 1 or how long they will keep this window open for ordering. 

Just a reminder, I will be out of pocket all this next week.  I am taking off in the morning and won't be back until the following week... Unless I get lucky and things go more smoothly than I expect... Which never happens!  So if you need anything please message me, but I probably won't be able to check in here very often if at all next week, but I will do my best.  Don't want you guys thinking I dropped off the face of the earth! 

Ok, thats it for me... Now I am already saying "Is it August yet?" "Is it August yet?"  "How about now?"  LOL
wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1174
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 03:42:10 AM

So if I want my 3 units shipped to a host in Canada I have to double ship it rather than straight to host from China? Or is that for members purchasing 2 or fewer units in the US that go to Searing then out for distribution?

FryguyUK
Legendary

Activity: 801

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 03:44:14 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2016, 03:57:09 AM by FryguyUK

Inno is super duper real deal right? Want to squeeze the trigger I love mi' asics but I got buggered once before >.<

I'm not having too much of an issue in communication....
PROBLEM is which I'm not sure why you guys aren't asking, do they not need information submitted in the reference/info of the payment to actually link it to the customer...
otherwise isn't it all just piling up with a bunch of payments and names... of course usually you'd login to the site and add to shopping cart etc...

EDIT: Alrighty seems Chloe is on fire tonight! Received an answer already, have to send a bank slip. Didn't occur to me as it would take a while to arrive but then again the miners aren't cooked yet.
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 04:46:03 AM

Yes, my bank transfer states the wire transfer won't clear on their end until the 18th.  So that is a crazy long time for a wire transfer to clear.  Not sure what the holdup is to transfer money like this, but I hope they decide to do this differently going forward.  This wire transfer mess is crazy! 

So once you send the funds, you send them a copy of your transaction slip and then she will invoice you once the funds clear.
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 04:48:07 AM

So if I want my 3 units shipped to a host in Canada I have to double ship it rather than straight to host from China? Or is that for members purchasing 2 or fewer units in the US that go to Searing then out for distribution?

If your ordering 3 or more units you can just place your order and have them shipped where ever you like.  For those of us who are placing orders for smaller numbers of units we have to drop ship them all to one location as a group and then forward the miners.  But since your ordering 3 you can have them shipped right to your host.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 05:12:59 AM

Ok, well after talking with Inno about how we can handle the group buy she agreed that it is OK for each of us to send out funds in separately via wire transfer.  Then Inno will ship them all to one location and have the miners forwarded to us from there. 

So for our group buy Searing has offered to be our POC for receiving the miners.  Once they are about to ship we will give Inno the mailing info for Searing so the batch 1 will go there. 

Today we placed our order.  A couple of us wire transferred funds to Inno and have the ball rolling.  If anyone else would like to take advantage of the pre-buy group buy just give me a shout.  I can get you the wire transfer instructions or if I am not around there are a few others here who have also gotten the wire transfer instructions.  They can send you that info. 

Basically the process goes like this:

1. Wire the funds for the amount needed to cover the cost of the miners you want.  The net amount needs to equal $1800 for 1 miner, $3600 for 2 miner etc.  Pay attention when wiring the funds as the bank in China tacked on an additional $25 for "who knows what" which was coming out of the amount being sent.  So you will come up short with Inno if you don't send the extra funds to make up for this fee being deducted.  I don't know what your bank will charge you for an international wire transfer.  My bank charged $61.

2. Once you have sent the funds you will need your bank transaction info for the wire transfer.  Send a copy of that to Innosilicon, Chloe and let her know your part of our group buy on BCT.  She should know which order to match your order with. 

3. PM me with your contact info and I will follow up with Inno to ensure that they received the funds and make sure that Chloe knows where to send your order.

4. When the miners are read to ship Inno will be reaching out to us to tell us how much the shipping cost will be.  What we can do to cover the shipping cost they will want another wire transfer for that amount.  That is a lot of money for all of us to send another wire transfer so I would be willing to cover that cost as long as you reimburse me your portion of the shipping and your portion of the wire transfer cost once the miners have arrived here in the US at Searings place. 

5. Once the miners arrive we can get you the shipping estimates from Searing's to your preferred destination.  You will have to pay Searing for the shipping cost.

Please let me know if you have any questions.   If you still want in on the group buy it isn't too late yet.  But I wouldn't drag my feet on this because we don't know how many units they plan to ship in this batch 1 or how long they will keep this window open for ordering. 

Just a reminder, I will be out of pocket all this next week.  I am taking off in the morning and won't be back until the following week... Unless I get lucky and things go more smoothly than I expect... Which never happens!  So if you need anything please message me, but I probably won't be able to check in here very often if at all next week, but I will do my best.  Don't want you guys thinking I dropped off the face of the earth! 

Ok, thats it for me... Now I am already saying "Is it August yet?" "Is it August yet?"  "How about now?"  LOL

Ack! Seriously though no issue with this..but I will require insurance and tracking with signature from me to you ..probably just usps......thems the breaks (and hopefully a tip
and/or a decent trust remark/rating out of all this.....too)

jeez....I'm not gonna see like 30 some units show up on my doorstep right?

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 05:20:46 AM

So far we only have 76 miners coming your way Searing!  LOL
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 05:21:08 AM

So far we only have 76 miners coming your way Searing!  LOL

FML

how the frack do I figure postage..just guess high on the usps calc online .ie fudge a bit over to be safe?......can't really haul them down to the post office and then say stick the postage
on and haul them back to send here is your postage email once it is clear

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 05:45:25 AM

So far we only have 76 miners coming your way Searing!  LOL

FML

how the frack do I figure postage..just guess high on the usps calc online .ie fudge a bit over to be safe?......can't really haul them down to the post office and then say stick the postage
on and haul them back to send here is your postage email once it is clear

Yes, USPS has the postage calculator.  You plugin the zipcode of the origin and destination.  Measure the package and guess a weight.  Plug in the numbers and you get a price, and can even pay and print the postage right there on the web site.  So you can get an exact cost from the web site.  I can walk you through it.  Cheesy
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 05:55:20 AM

I am getting some questions about the need to ship to Searing.  If you order 3 or more miners you do not need to ship to Searing.  You can tell Chloe exactly where you want your miners shipped. The limitation there is Inno's relationship with DHL from what I gather.

For those of us who only bought 1 or 2 miners and want to take advantage of the group buy to get into the batch 1 miners without buying 3 or more then you should mention your part of the  BCT group buy and that you want to ship to our POC so that we all can partake in the pre-order and drop ship to a single location. 

Searing has been awesome in offering his help here.  It isn't everyday that someone offers to help you out on something like this and there is going to be some leg work on Searing's part to get these miners out to us.  So please consider a tip for him, and providing him feedback here on this site for helping us out.  This is a big deal and we should take care of the members of our community that help like this. 

Thanks again Searing for offering to help us with this group buy.  I really appreciate the help.  I know people don't know me so it is hard to trust people you don't know.  So I am very thankful you offered to step in and help with this.  I owe you one brother!  Cheesy

usao
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 06:31:53 AM

The miners have 8x pcie 6-pin power ports per rig.
Most power supplies only have 4x or 6x of the 6-pin cables.
Is it possible (electrically) to use 2 separate power supplies on a single miner? Is there any special considerations needed, such as tying the grounds together?

Since they need 1KW per rig, that's about 1250W power supply at 80%, so  I figure I would need either a pair of 680W or 750W PSUs for each miner.
The other option is to get a 1300w or 1600w psu, but most of the 1300w ones also only have 6x pcie power cables. The 1600 seem to have 8x power cables, but most don't ship with all 8 cables and they seem to cost at a premium compared to a pair of 680w or 750w PSUs.
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 06:44:15 AM

I think I saw something about this in some other threads that it is not a good idea to try to use multiple power supplies with a single unit like this.  I think I even saw something similar also posted on the S9 thread as well as those S9's draw a LOT of power and need like all 9 of the pcie connections.  I think you might want to dig around in some of those threads because it may create a problem for you if you try to run a single miner with multiple supplies.

I know a lot of the guys are going with server PSU's to handle the number of pcie connections.  That might be an option here also.  I will have to do some digging.  I am sure some other people with experience here can speak more clearly to this issue than I can.  It seems crazy to me to have to buy a 1600w power supply to drive this miner. 
usao
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 06:47:48 AM

I thought about a server PSU, but those are typically installed in a rackmount enclosure which has lots of extra forced air. I don't know how good the PSU would be just sitting by itself.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 10:45:59 AM

I thought about a server PSU, but those are typically installed in a rackmount enclosure which has lots of extra forced air. I don't know how good the PSU would be just sitting by itself.

I've got a dual unit with backplate sitting in a KNC Jupiter Case.....no fan but the small internal fans.....just put it up today

no issues....the back plate and such is open at both ends (circuit boards) so no heat build up there...perhaps I should get an external fan going...have one not setup yet

anyway seems to work ok....but the price was right platinum level 95% eff 1260 watts each (2 to a back plate) so 2520 watts..total cost with shipping was 300 bucks

I will post pics soon on Swedish asic thread

anyway can run up to 6 cubes easy....and also NO Y ADAPTERS using 15 gauage wire and plug into cubes direct...ie not hot at alll ...bsmt 82F as we speak..this should?
get around the burnt out adapters in some manner....less connections to go poof imho

lastly the main reason to strap it all into a Jupiter case was no rack...could have strapped it to the wire self open....that way....but if I had to strap the thing together with

no real stable case...even a cumbersome .moving around a KNC Jupiter case is preferable....luggable but not a complete rebuild every time I move a psu

anyway when I get time will toss up the pics and link the thread here......but 1 300 buck server psu setup above equiv to 2 corsair 1200i's at 300 a pop at 92% efficiency

half the price seemed like a good deal (further details contact Maxumark) will likely get more and retire the corsair 1200i's for other uses.... I have 3 KNC Jupiter cases

on the cheap left over from salvaging the knc 4/6 port boards to use with qberty knc titan bridges to make knc titan boards...always wondered wth I was gonna do with them

works good for this project and probably would be a good hack for the A4 as well ...bit of overkill but the price is right and I think if 1 psu goes the other can handle 4 cubes

without an issue on the titan and likely a 1000 watt A4 without issue

later

excelerator

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 07:54:41 PM

I checked the website for more information and I don't see what firmware is included.  Anyone know what firmware ships and what version?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 10:03:25 AM

Here is the link I promised on how to make a dual 2560w psu for 300 bucks using a knc titan case (or just zip tie it alone) for 300 bucks or so. About the same price
as one new Corsair 1200i psu. Works slick. Twice the power and same platinum rating.

Just look at the thread below and use the links to follow the pictures. Pretty much plug play and tie down with zip ties no matter how you mount the stuff. Used
electrical crimp blunts for the ends with 15 gauge wire also. My thanks to Maxumark for this idea and the backplate mods. I also have
no other fans on this but what you see. No heat issues at all.

Thread below I started for those looking for a bit of overkill for their A4 Dominators (heck you could probably run 2 of them easy on this setup) Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1545455.msg15533861#msg15533861

enjoy!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: