Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:01:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinChoose - alternative site to show respective profitability of the alt coins  (Read 150544 times)
sal002 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 11:35:30 AM

Have you tried 1034core/1500memclock for scrypt? That's what got me to 730-740 per 7970...

Sal. Can't keep chart sorted by "Adjusted Profitability". When I sort by highest AP, it reverts back to high to low via normal profitability... Any insight?

I am still not happy with the Google Visualization Table that is being rendered here as it is and am looking at replacing it.  I believe now on  data refresh of the table it just reloads completely, but there must be a way to have it keep your sorting.  I will investigate.
sal002 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 12:01:33 PM

IMHO block rates are not the most important factor to be worrying about in calculating true profitability.  Not saying it is irrelevant, but for me it is not the biggest issue.  Right now for me coinwarz is the best site, but ALL the mining info sites are still lacking one thing I would like to see...

As a miner I find that profit factor "right now" in such a volatile market is pretty much useless.  What's the point of mining whatevercoin at 150% profitability if that 150% is going to drop to 40% in less than 12 hours?  Not to mention the price went down 80% from where it was 12 hours ago and now I'm lucky to even sell the coins at all.  This makes the "150% profit factor" a complete sham.  The reason Coinwarz is superior is the fact that it provides an indication of how much the difficulty and price fluctuate.  This at least helps a miner make a more intelligent decision about what to mine...because if I see a coin at the top of the list with 150% profit factor but a wildly fluctuating difficulty and price, I stay away.  This is why I mainly stick to mining Novacoin...even before I discovered Coinwarz (just a few days ago)...because the difficulty and price seem to stay more stable.  Without any real numbers on LONG TERM AVERAGE profitability, I am just guessing...so NVC is the safest bet, other than BTC or LTC of course.

What would make coinchoose #1 imho?  Having an AVERAGE PROFITABILITY stat...say for the last 14 days or 30 days or whatever.  Coinwarz shows averages for difficulty and price, but it still involves a fair bit of guesswork to find the most stable profit...or at least which of the newer coins has a better average than the others.  I know, I know, the chart on coinchoose shows historical data...but first, it is not an average (though it could be used in a similar fashion to the coinwarz averages, if you could read it)...second, you can't read it.  There are so many lines on the chart it is illegible.  Third, it is only 24 hours...which is useless.  Even if you took the existing chart format and used a longer time period and maybe split all the coins into individual charts or 4 or 5 coins per chart (so you could read the damn thing), would be very useful.  But I think even better would be to have some way of ranking by average profit factor over a longer time period.  Then the user can choose whether to mine for "Ms Right" or "Ms Right Now"...or "Ms Right Now Adjusted".   Grin

I am greatly expanding on the charting area in the next week and average profitability will be clearer along with several user filters that will be available.  I think this is a great suggestion.  I do have all the data to do what CoinWarz does, but don't want to completely copy them out of respect for their innovation even though their update interval is a little slow Tongue
whitedragon

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:04:13 PM

IMHO block rates are not the most important factor to be worrying about in calculating true profitability.  Not saying it is irrelevant, but for me it is not the biggest issue.  Right now for me coinwarz is the best site, but ALL the mining info sites are still lacking one thing I would like to see...

As a miner I find that profit factor "right now" in such a volatile market is pretty much useless.  What's the point of mining whatevercoin at 150% profitability if that 150% is going to drop to 40% in less than 12 hours?  Not to mention the price went down 80% from where it was 12 hours ago and now I'm lucky to even sell the coins at all.  This makes the "150% profit factor" a complete sham.  The reason Coinwarz is superior is the fact that it provides an indication of how much the difficulty and price fluctuate.  This at least helps a miner make a more intelligent decision about what to mine...because if I see a coin at the top of the list with 150% profit factor but a wildly fluctuating difficulty and price, I stay away.  This is why I mainly stick to mining Novacoin...even before I discovered Coinwarz (just a few days ago)...because the difficulty and price seem to stay more stable.  Without any real numbers on LONG TERM AVERAGE profitability, I am just guessing...so NVC is the safest bet, other than BTC or LTC of course.

What would make coinchoose #1 imho?  Having an AVERAGE PROFITABILITY stat...say for the last 14 days or 30 days or whatever.  Coinwarz shows averages for difficulty and price, but it still involves a fair bit of guesswork to find the most stable profit...or at least which of the newer coins has a better average than the others.  I know, I know, the chart on coinchoose shows historical data...but first, it is not an average (though it could be used in a similar fashion to the coinwarz averages, if you could read it)...second, you can't read it.  There are so many lines on the chart it is illegible.  Third, it is only 24 hours...which is useless.  Even if you took the existing chart format and used a longer time period and maybe split all the coins into individual charts or 4 or 5 coins per chart (so you could read the damn thing), would be very useful.  But I think even better would be to have some way of ranking by average profit factor over a longer time period.  Then the user can choose whether to mine for "Ms Right" or "Ms Right Now"...or "Ms Right Now Adjusted".   Grin

I am greatly expanding on the charting area in the next week and average profitability will be clearer along with several user filters that will be available.  I think this is a great suggestion.  I do have all the data to do what CoinWarz does, but don't want to completely copy them out of respect for their innovation even though their update interval is a little slow Tongue

That's a good call sal.  I actually wouldn't want you to copy them...if you had more of average profitability indicator (chart or stats) that is all you need to add imho.  Your site was the first mining info site I heard of so in the beginning yours was my only place to go.  The idea was great and your site is excellent...I guess it was just pretty hard to anticipate that so many coins would hit the scene so fast and things would get so wild.

I look forward to seeing the changes!  Thanks for you work!
vonross2012

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:51:52 PM

WOW I like the price adjustment for stales !

TY

Is it possible to have each network hashrate on there?
I'd like to see where the mining trends are going

ty
kevindeangelis

Activity: 448
Merit: 130

3D-Printing goes Blockchain!

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:44:26 PM

Can you add coin calculator to coinchoose? Right now i have to check coinchoose then go to coinwarz to see how many coins I can mine a day. Maybe you could do a collaboration with coinwarz where they give u a widget to be placed on ur site.

I am sort of working with wheretomine.com right now to provide that as they use my raw numbers.  CoinWarz.com is a bit slower on its pricing / currency updates and hasn't smoothed out TRC. 

+1 Smiley

Eli0t

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:33:00 AM

Is it possible to have each network hashrate on there?
+1, this would be excellent

LTC:  LKpJf3uk7KsHU73kxq8iFJrP1AAKN7Yni7  DGC:  DKXGvEbj3Rwgrm2QQbRyNPDDZDYoq4Y44d  XPM:  AWV5AKfLFyoBaMjg9C77rGUBhuFxz5DGGL
Jazkal

Activity: 319

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 09:17:14 PM

CoinChoose has been down for a while today.
sal002 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 02:26:48 AM

We are under a DoS right now.  Idiots.  As a result, site is down and likely will be done forever
Jazkal

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 02:34:46 AM

What do you need to be DoS resistant?
sal002 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 02:39:10 AM

Either do something that doesn't cause some idiot to do a DoS or some technical protection.  We have CloudFlare but don't pay for the full service which has DoS protection.
Jazkal

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:12:20 AM

How much extra is that service?
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:12:57 AM

http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency are still up.

dubs

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:18:14 AM

thank god this site is being attacked! maybe people will stop pumping and dumping  Roll Eyes
Nolo

Activity: 686

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:18:36 AM

I can understand certain people being angry with the service that coinchoose provides. But it does no good to simply DDoS coinchoose but not touch coinwarz or even dustcoin.  

Eventually the DDoS will either stop, or will move to those sites as well.  

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
dubs

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:19:49 AM

I can understand certain people being angry with the service that coinchoose provides. But it does no good to simply DDoS coinchoose but not touch coinwarz or even dustcoin.  

Eventually the DDoS will either stop, or will move to those sites as well.  

im sure it's coming their way also
Jazkal

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:23:57 AM

thank god this site is being attacked! maybe people will stop pumping and dumping  Roll Eyes
If you don't want your coins mined, then shut them down. Just because some twerp script kiddie wanna be hacker can DoS a site, won't prevent miners from looking at the financials and deciding what coin will bring him the most money. It's called Capitalism, and won't go away.

There are two kinds of people in the Alt-Markets, speculators and miners. If the Alt-Coin can't handle the flux of miners in and out of mining their coin, then it was based on bad concepts to begin with, and deserves to die a slow death. Speculators are the ones whining about miners mining the best coins at any given moment, get over it. New coins need the miners WAY more than the miners need the CrapCoins.
dubs

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:26:38 AM

If you don't want your coins mined, then shut them down. Just because some twerp script kiddie wanna be hacker can DoS a site, won't prevent miners from looking at the financials and deciding what coin will bring him the most money. It's called Capitalism, and won't go away.

There are two kinds of people in the Alt-Markets, speculators and miners. If the Alt-Coin can't handle the flux of miners in and out of mining their coin, then it was based on bad concepts to begin with, and deserves to die a slow death. Speculators are the ones whining about miners mining the best coins at any given moment, get over it. New coins need the miners WAY more than the miners need the CrapCoins.

what?
Jazkal

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:34:54 AM

I'm sorry, I thought it was pretty clear. Which part do you not understand?

Let me ask a question...

Do you think the miners job is to mine and hold the coins? Are they not allowed to profit from the work they do to secure your pick of the week CrapCoin? How long should a miner hold on to the CrapCoins he has mined before he can sell them?
Eb0la

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 04:32:41 AM

I actually paid to have coinchoose shutdown.  Just rasing capital to shut down the rest.  make people work for their mining Wink  I want to be able to mine them all when the diff is low and the hash is nil.  More coins for me bitches! Cheesy

*Just joking of course*
dubs

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 04:33:44 AM

imagine all the babies crying right now because of this
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: