Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:11:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinChoose - alternative site to show respective profitability of the alt coins  (Read 150544 times)
Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 04:03:00 AM

Where is Yacoin?

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj
Eli0t

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 04:08:09 AM

Where is Yacoin?
with more yac clones coming out there may be a need for there own chart
but i think the differences in variables have made it almost impossible to include alongside scrypt coins

LTC:  LKpJf3uk7KsHU73kxq8iFJrP1AAKN7Yni7  DGC:  DKXGvEbj3Rwgrm2QQbRyNPDDZDYoq4Y44d  XPM:  AWV5AKfLFyoBaMjg9C77rGUBhuFxz5DGGL
philipkdick

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 04:27:39 AM

I think the attacks are great helps , get preped,

The YAC  type scam is out of the bag , make "cpu" miner change the sCrypt code , pre make a gpu miner for your self and your devs , the only release the "cpu"  then essentially in plain sight pre mine it with the gpu miner.

It's boring , and no one brought into the scam  after YAC .

Hopefully be seeing bot up there soon ! ! 1
Beave162

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 06:28:39 AM

Where is Yacoin?
but i think the differences in variables have made it almost impossible to include alongside scrypt coins

That is a good point, but getting gpu miners on-board at this point isn't bad, especially before the Nfactor gets too high for them

The YAC  type scam is out of the bag , make "cpu" miner change the sCrypt code , pre make a gpu miner for your self and your devs , the only release the "cpu"  then essentially in plain sight pre mine it with the gpu miner.

It's boring , and no one brought into the scam  after YAC .

Funny how new coins are quickly deemed a scam.  YaCoin is the only one since Litecoin to offer something significantly different--encourages use of different mining hardware.  An alternative coin needs to compete with Litecoin and Bitcoin, but at the same time, not divert hashing power away from them--a losing prospect.

digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 07:08:47 AM

Where is Yacoin?

That is a good point, but getting gpu miners on-board at this point isn't bad, especially before the Nfactor gets too high for them

The YAC  type scam is out of the bag , make "cpu" miner change the sCrypt code , pre make a gpu miner for your self and your devs , the only release the "cpu"  then essentially in plain sight pre mine it with the gpu miner.

Funny how new coins are quickly deemed a scam.  YaCoin is the only one since Litecoin to offer something significantly different--encourages use of different mining hardware.  An alternative coin needs to compete with Litecoin and Bitcoin, but at the same time, not divert hashing power away from them--a losing prospect.

release both miners at the same time then ,CPU and GPU and stop scamming you complete idiot - everyone knows now , fuck are you dumb?

don't you realize if the most of the people don't gain then its never going to be taken on.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Beave162

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 02:19:12 PM

Where is Yacoin?

release both miners at the same time then ,CPU and GPU and stop scamming you complete idiot - everyone knows now , fuck are you dumb?

don't you realize if the most of the people don't gain then its never going to be taken on.

Yes scam, scam, scam.  Your nibblecoin offers nothing fundamentally different.  You have complaints about the dev, and I can agree with some of those... why not start off with a higher NFactor?  But the NFactor of Yacoin started off low, and it wasn't a secret.  If it made it easier for more people to get on board early, the price could be higher AT THIS MOMENT, but if it keeps out idiots like you who think it is simply ALL about widespread adoption in the very beginning, I think perhaps the dev was onto something.

digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 03:32:44 PM

couple of points:

1. There is no such thing as a nibblecoin.

2. I honestly do not think you know what actually makes a successful currency .

3. does "bringing something new to the table" = a successful currency?

But however , i can certainly tell you what will make a currency NOT successful .

4. a popular image inside its market environment, where individuals involved feel that it is inequitable - some example of that are the common pre-mine procedures, in all their variation , so:

{and I want to talk slowly here ok, very slowly]} , if it becomes commonly available to the people involved that  there is a virtual software ASIC released only to the DEV and insiders, {slowing this down here} theeeen as per what i just stated, that will not drive confidence in the currency, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

you can get away with that sort of thing maybe once , maybe twice, then. people. will. not. support that scam.

I've got pictures ready, stick figures.

5. before anyone says it Bitcoin is the one time , and it wasn't intentional, i don't believe the "Grand conspiracy"  people in the market just done what was best for them, the great thing about it is , that because of certain reasons , a new ignorant vector has been introduced , this ignorant vector is the wider market that invested, these people are represented buy the wider investment community , so as they are unaware of the information in the market environment they have no problem with this aspect of the currency, so there is some grace time , in this regard.

6. but for a start up , this particular information effect does not apply , even though the GLD scammers are trying to make it apply .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Beave162

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 08:39:54 PM

couple of points:

1. There is no such thing as a nibblecoin.

2. I honestly do not think you know what actually makes a successful currency .

3. does "bringing something new to the table" = a successful currency?

But however , i can certainly tell you what will make a currency NOT successful .

4. a popular image inside its market environment, where individuals involved feel that it is inequitable - some example of that are the common pre-mine procedures, in all their variation , so:

{and I want to talk slowly here ok, very slowly]} , if it becomes commonly available to the people involved that  there is a virtual software ASIC released only to the DEV and insiders, {slowing this down here} theeeen as per what i just stated, that will not drive confidence in the currency, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

you can get away with that sort of thing maybe once , maybe twice, then. people. will. not. support that scam.

I've got pictures ready, stick figures.

5. before anyone says it Bitcoin is the one time , and it wasn't intentional, i don't believe the "Grand conspiracy"  people in the market just done what was best for them, the great thing about it is , that because of certain reasons , a new ignorant vector has been introduced , this ignorant vector is the wider market that invested, these people are represented buy the wider investment community , so as they are unaware of the information in the market environment they have no problem with this aspect of the currency, so there is some grace time , in this regard.

6. but for a start up , this particular information effect does not apply , even though the GLD scammers are trying to make it apply .

I can tell English is not your first langauge (not a diss), but it is hard to understand you.  I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you.

You clearly have strong opinions on what forces are the biggest drivers of the cryptocurrency market.  If you are as savvy as you sound confident, then you should be making bank.  However, I think your view is very skewed from reality.  The biggest issue with premine is the PERCEPTION that someone behind the scenes is taking advantage of people.  Why would someone invest in a coin if they have that personal perception that they are a pawn in someone else's game?  Another way to put it, if someone could get away with premining and no one knows about it, that currency could still theoretically thrive depending on what that person does with the premined coins.

However, I will bring the focus back to where it belongs... There is no evidence of a YaCoin premine.  If you want to claim some sort of pseudo-premine in that GPUs have a huge advantage in the beginning which will be obsolete in the future, then call it how it is.  If someone had a GPU miner early on but didn't tell anyone for a long time, then welcome to the world of crypto.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised as it seems every single currency that is released is deemed a scam by some people.  Litecoin has been called a scam on more than one occasion.  Is OneCoin a scam?  I would say it has had a much more 'fair' release than YaCoin.  Do you think that will matter in the long term?

digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 04:01:41 AM

Ok I'll keep it short :

1. You and said the same thing ok, this is good , you understand.

2. YES I'm saying someone had a GPU miner for YAC , yes I'm saying they have it for ONEcoin.

3. How will this effect those currencies ?

Well if they are ever popular , what happens if someone comes back and points all this out .

That's where these dirty little secrets can hurt later on.

Me saying this even .

** if that's the new Yacoin symbol it looks good .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 04:02:44 AM

CAP Sal ?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
sal002 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 02:40:42 PM

Sorry - out of my home office this week a bit.  Having a hard time with some of these new currencies as the block reward is so variable...
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 02:57:16 PM

fair enough - i'm happy , now hes changing it to Caps i want to actually mine it ! , so before i was trying to rush it up there so it would take the hash from the other coins i was mining at the time - ha ha .

so now if it never goes up i'll be fine with that - keep that diff low !

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Sannin

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:29:40 PM

Where are other currency?
Sannin

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:48:56 PM

ah Crypts DDOS
sal002 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 06:50:01 PM

Where are other currency?

Cryptsy is down.  I will be adding another exchange soon, but without Cryptsy many currencies have no pricing.
Jazkal

Activity: 319

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 01:54:41 PM

Can you add NoirBits (NRB)? The block explorer can be found here: http://nrb.webboise.com/chain/Noirbits
And it has been added to Cryptsy.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 02:36:40 PM

Sal - great work, but please can you include the 7-day average in the API. Additionally, I'd appreciate a 7-day adjusted ratio average. At the moment I'm scraping the site every 180 seconds and pumping the data into Mongo to maintain my own history, but it would be a great deal easier if I could just hit the API:)

Titan

Activity: 261

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 11:35:03 AM

Sal, Luckycoin is not updating correctly on your site.

Titan
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:36:59 AM

how does one go about getting a coin listed on this website.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 10:00:44 AM

Sal - great work, but please can you include the 7-day average in the API. Additionally, I'd appreciate a 7-day adjusted ratio average. At the moment I'm scraping the site every 180 seconds and pumping the data into Mongo to maintain my own history, but it would be a great deal easier if I could just hit the API:)

Bump...?

Incidentally, this returns null: http://www.coinchoose.com/jsondata.php?hours=168

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: