Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 12:41:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ***OFFICIAL*** TRUMP COIN PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN DONATION SUPERPAC FUNDER****  (Read 40389 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Signal7

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

TrumpCoin Lead Developer

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:53:17 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2016, 04:19:51 PM by Signal7

Should Signal7 assume the temporary role of TrumpCoin Chairman and assemble a temporary board of directors that will work to progress TrumpCoin as an official Super PAC and build a more democtratic community?

Vote here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1536643.0

The poll will close exactly 24 hours from the timestamp on this post.

Let's make Crypto GREAT Again!
www.TrumpCoin.com
November8th

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:57:31 PM

A forum vote sounds good. I've been following this thread and waiting to vote on leadership but I wasn't aware that we had to register. Based on the llc and your choice to take things slowly I was gonna vote for you anyway though. I would like to see the creator of the coin be involved in some capacity, even if it's just ceremonial and assuming he wants to.

I also need nominations for Treasurer.

I nominate Bitbob. He has proven himself as a valuable asset to the coin and the community and is willing to reveal his identity to protect the accountability of the coin.

Please consider supporting him as he is truly passionate
Itssherman

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 04:04:10 PM

I believe that whoever becomes the treasurer will need to have his ID verified as a bare neccesity in order to establish (additional) trust.
Signal7

TrumpCoin Lead Developer

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 04:12:13 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2016, 04:23:03 PM by Signal7

I believe that whoever becomes the treasurer will need to have his ID verified as a bare neccesity to establish (additional) trust.

Yes, of course. The treasurer will be required to become an employee and/or agent of TrumpCoin, LLC. This will require identification, NDA, a background and credit check before being allowed to access any company accounts, crypto or fiat.

Prospective treasurers should also be aware that the treasurer's name is a required field on the Statement of Organization that has to be filed with the FEC in order to start a legal Super PAC.

www.TrumpCoin.com
Itssherman

Activity: 89

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 04:23:03 PM

I believe that whoever becomes the treasurer will need to have his ID verified as a bare neccesity to establish (additional) trust.

Yes, of course. The treasurer will be required to become an employee and/or agent of TrumpCoin, LLC. This will require identification, NDA, a background and credit check before being allowed to access any company accounts, crypto or fiat.

Does that also imply that the treasurer will need to be a US citizen? I was assuming he/she would need to be, but I'm not quite sure.
Signal7

TrumpCoin Lead Developer

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 04:24:56 PM

Does that also imply that the treasurer will need to be a US citizen? I was assuming he/she would need to be, but I'm not quite sure.

Yes. I can only hire U.S. nationals and the FEC requires that all members of a Super PAC organization be U.S. nationals.

EDIT: Temporary residence inside the U.S. territories and a green card qualify a person as a U.S. national.

www.TrumpCoin.com
doogjy

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 04:35:29 PM

One thing that I'm struggling with is the lack of an official place where I know I can go to get more official information on the coin, updates on what is happening, and cast my vote in a way that's not too arduous. As far as I can tell, these three things are all happening in a couple of different threads on this board.

Does a centralized hub for this type of information exist currently?
Depredation

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 04:42:46 PM

I think we need a new announcement thread run by Signal7 if he is taking over.

▄█▄         ▄█▄
                            ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                          ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                        ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                      ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                    ▄████▀      ▄████▀
 ▄█▄          ▄      ▀█▀      ▄████▀
▀████▄      ▄███▄           ▄████▀
  ▀████▄     ▀████▄       ▄████▀
    ▀████▄     ▀████▄   ▄████▀
      ▀████▄     ▀████▄████▀
        ▀████▄     ▀█████▀
          ▀█▀        ▀█▀
.verify.▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
Signal7

TrumpCoin Lead Developer

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 04:43:39 PM

One thing that I'm struggling with is the lack of an official place where I know I can go to get more official information on the coin, updates on what is happening, and cast my vote in a way that's not too arduous. As far as I can tell, these three things are all happening in a couple of different threads on this board.

This is a good question.

The original thread is locked and is not under my control.
This thread is moderated and not under my control.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1536643 is controlled by me. Once we have things sorted out a bit, I plan to move that thread over into the ANN section to become the new official unmoderated thread, or create a new one, whichever you all prefer. My goal is to get everything consolidated, organized, scoped, legalized, and on track by the end of this week.

www.TrumpCoin.com
doogjy

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 05:29:20 PM

This is a good question.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1536643 is controlled by me. Once we have things sorted out a bit, I plan to move that thread over into the ANN section to become the new official unmoderated thread, or create a new one, whichever you all prefer. My goal is to get everything consolidated, organized, scoped, legalized, and on track by the end of this week.

Thanks for your quick reply, and thank you for all of your hard work getting this sorted!

Do you have resources that can be devoted to making the makecryptogreatagain.org site more of a centralized hub for updates and voting? While I understand it may not be feasible to implement a voting application on that domain, there could at least be a dedicated Bitcointalk thread that is linked prominently and where all voting could take place. To be honest I don't even know what the current voting mechanism is (beyond the one found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1536643.0) If you're interested in more votes, people need an easy way to know where to go to cast them. Bonus if they pass through a portal that has up to date information regarding official developments (the LLC, for example). Another prominent link to the official BTCTalk discussion thread after it's been created would also help pull together the disparate members of the community to get a better sense of their desire for the direction of the coin.

Just to be clear, I think it's wise to have makecryptogreatagain as more of a back end development and community portal, while having trump.rocks (or something similar) as a media and marketing portal that's more palatable to those interested in donating and buying coins but who may not be interested in the development or community aspects.
ToadKing

Activity: 158

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 05:30:29 PM

Yes. I can only hire U.S. nationals and the FEC requires that all members of a Super PAC organization be U.S. nationals.

EDIT: Temporary residence inside the U.S. territories and a green card qualify a person as a U.S. national.

I think the treasurer should be. (No specific order)

1. Third party legally bound to a contract (Lawyer)
2. Celebrity with much more to lose from scandal (Dude that was going to be on AJ? Doesn't have to be a giant celeb...)
3. Contact whoever handled the ICO funds for other recent coins (I think Rise did some type of escrow through coinbase)

It will be too easy for people to blow holes in our story if its internal. Even multi sig is fishy.

If nothing else I'd rather just have Signal hold them. If he does anything weird at this point the coins over with regardless.

Signal7

TrumpCoin Lead Developer

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 05:41:02 PM

This is a good question.

Thanks for your quick reply, and thank you for all of your hard work getting this sorted!

Do you have resources that can be devoted to making the makecryptogreatagain.org site more of a centralized hub for updates and voting? While I understand it may not be feasible to implement a voting application on that domain, there could at least be a dedicated Bitcointalk thread that is linked prominently and where all voting could take place. To be honest I don't even know what the current voting mechanism is (beyond the one found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1536643.0) If you're interested in more votes, people need an easy way to know where to go to cast them. Bonus if they pass through a portal that has up to date information regarding official developments (the LLC, for example). Another prominent link to the official BTCTalk discussion thread after it's been created would also help pull together the disparate members of the community to get a better sense of their desire for the direction of the coin.

Just to be clear, I think it's wise to have makecryptogreatagain as more of a back end development and community portal, while having trump.rocks (or something similar) as a media and marketing portal that's more palatable to those interested in donating and buying coins but who may not be interested in the development or community aspects.

These are all good suggestions.

In response to this and other feedback that I have received regarding how to properly structure voting in a convenient and provably fair manner, I have reached out to https://followmyvote.com/ with the following correspondence:

Hi. I am the owner of TrumpCoin, LLC (www.trumpcoin.com) which is a new company established this week in Virginia. We are spearheading what we are calling CauseCoin technology or more specifically a cryptocurrency connected to an FEC registered Super PAC who intends to raise awareness about blockchain technologies by demonstrating how these techs can be used to bypass special interests in government in order to balance power back into the peoples' hands. We also identify ourselves as a democratic organization, that is, one that elects its leaders and hold votes in order to establish bi-laws and protocol. I feel that we share mutual interests and may find mutual benefit in a relationship with each other. I am interested in opening discussions with an agent of your organization in order to forge a mutually beneficial exchange of resources. I look forward to your response.

I'll keep you posted on this as well as any other developments related to your suggestions above.

Thank you.

www.TrumpCoin.com
TrumpInfo

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 05:47:35 PM

Can newbies vote?

I too have this question. Since this account is new, when I go to the voting page I do not see any way to vote.
Also I do not remember registering to vote in any way, besides sending Signal7 a message about a week ago.
btcusury

Activity: 433
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 05:49:51 PM

I love what all this drama eventually consolidated into! I almost dumped my 300k TRUMP during it.

Who came up with the SuperPAC idea? Hat's off to him/her/them!

FACT: There were hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths by December 2020 due to the censorship of all effective treatments (most notably ivermectin) in order to obtain EUA for experimental GT spike protein injections despite spike bioweaponization patents going back about a decade, and the manufacturers have 100% legal immunity despite long criminal histories.
doogjy

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 05:52:34 PM

These are all good suggestions.

In response to this and other feedback that I have received regarding how to properly structure voting in a convenient and provably fair manner, I have reached out to https://followmyvote.com/ with the following correspondence:

Hi. I am the owner of TrumpCoin, LLC (www.trumpcoin.com) which is a new company established this week in Virginia. We are spearheading what we are calling CauseCoin technology or more specifically a cryptocurrency connected to an FEC registered Super PAC who intends to raise awareness about blockchain technologies by demonstrating how these techs can be used to bypass special interests in government in order to balance power back into the peoples' hands. We also identify ourselves as a democratic organization, that is, one that elects its leaders and hold votes in order to establish bi-laws and protocol. I feel that we share mutual interests and may find mutual benefit in a relationship with each other. I am interested in opening discussions with an agent of your organization in order to forge a mutually beneficial exchange of resources. I look forward to your response.

I'll keep you posted on this as well as any other developments related to your suggestions above.

Thank you.

Thank you again, Signal, for your hard work, dedication, and professionalism! I think reaching out to FMV is a brilliant move and that these two coins (BLRY being the other, partnered with FMV as well) really represent a big step forward in the proliferation of Blockchain technology. Looking forward to your updates.
Signal7

TrumpCoin Lead Developer

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 06:13:29 PM

2. Celebrity with much more to lose from scandal (Dude that was going to be on AJ? Doesn't have to be a giant celeb...)
3. Contact whoever handled the ICO funds for other recent coins (I think Rise did some type of escrow through coinbase)

It will be too easy for people to blow holes in our story if its internal. Even multi sig is fishy.

If nothing else I'd rather just have Signal hold them. If he does anything weird at this point the coins over with regardless.

ok so maybe I should clear up some facts about what we can and cannot do legally.

Let's start with the can nots:
1. We cannot contribute more than $2700 from a single entity directly to Donald Trump's official campaign.
2. If we register as a Super PAC, we can NOT...
  a. contribute even one penny directly to him or his official campaign.
  b. communicate with him in any way, shape or form during the elections.
  c. expect any endorsements or acknowledgements from him during the elections.

Things we CAN do:
1. Encourage anyone not directly affiliated with the Super PAC to donate up to the $2700 maximum to Donald Trump's official campaign.
2. Combine our talents, resources, and finances to indirectly support Donald Trump for President with media and grassroots campaign efforts.
3. Solicit unlimited donations to our PAC in order to help us towards our goals.
4. Buy commercials, billboards, and advertising of any kind to promote Trump for President and/or the TrumpCoin initiatives.

Why are these points important?

Because folks seem to believe that we are going to be allowed to pump the coin value up to around $5 and just give Trump a million bucks.

No. That's illegal. He cannot accept it.

I do not feel like it is sensible for a prominent public person to just sit on the funds for us (they will be constantly having to manage and document movements). I do not feel like it is sensible to lock the fund into any escrow or other long term commitment. I feel like the fund should be handled by an internal official treasury like any other PAC with publicly available ledgers and accountability and put to good use to help fund our agenda(s). yes, I am drafting a plan.

All that said, we have yet to decide definitively the true scope of our official agenda, which should be our very next step after establishing some sort of organized leadership.
Once we have more thoroughly discussed the pros and cons of Super PAC vs. donation fund, we will be able to finally commit to a direction and make a responsible decision as to how the fund should be stored, used, protected, etc.

www.TrumpCoin.com
Signal7

TrumpCoin Lead Developer

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 06:23:52 PM

I love what all this drama eventually consolidated into! I almost dumped my 300k TRUMP during it.

Who came up with the SuperPAC idea? Hat's off to him/her/them!

The idea bubbled up out of this community over time.

I strongly believe that we can pick up where these guys left off to make some real headlines and cause real change: https://democracychronicles.com/bitcoin-superpac/

www.TrumpCoin.com
Signal7

TrumpCoin Lead Developer

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 06:31:35 PM

Can newbies vote?

I too have this question. Since this account is new, when I go to the voting page I do not see any way to vote.
Also I do not remember registering to vote in any way, besides sending Signal7 a message about a week ago.

I'm not sure but most likely no.
Newbie accounts are highly restricted on these forums.
If you are unable to vote, please still feel free to voice your opinion in the threads under the poll.

www.TrumpCoin.com
doogjy

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 06:39:22 PM

ok so maybe I should clear up some facts about what we can and cannot do legally.

1. We cannot contribute more than $2700 from a single entity directly to Donald Trump's official campaign.

Things we CAN do:
1. Encourage anyone not directly affiliated with the Super PAC to donate up to the $2700 maximum to Donald Trump's official campaign.
2. Combine our talents, resources, and finances to indirectly support Donald Trump for President with media and grassroots campaign efforts.
3. Solicit unlimited donations to our PAC in order to help us towards our goals.
4. Buy commercials, billboards, and advertising of any kind to promote Trump for President and/or the TrumpCoin initiatives.

Because folks seem to believe that we are going to be allowed to pump the coin value up to around $5 and just give Trump a million bucks.

I do not feel like it is sensible for a prominent public person to just sit on the funds for us (they will be constantly having to manage and document movements). I do not feel like it is sensible to lock the fund into any escrow or other long term commitment. I feel like the fund should be handled by an internal official treasury like any other PAC with publicly available ledgers and accountability and put to good use to help fund our agenda(s). yes, I am drafting a plan.

All that said, we have yet to decide definitively the true scope of our official agenda, which should be our very next step after establishing some sort of organized leadership.
Once we have more thoroughly discussed the pros and cons of Super PAC vs. donation fund, we will be able to finally commit to a direction and make a responsible decision as to how the fund should be stored, used, protected, etc.

I am going to assume, given what you have posted here, that devising a way to disburse the final fund amount to a group of individuals who have agreed to use the payment as their $2,700 contribution directly to the Trump campaign would be blocked by: Encourage anyone not directly affiliated with the Super PAC to donate up to the $2700 maximum to Donald Trump's official campaign. Is this correct? Not that this is an ideal solution (there are tons of issues administering this), I'm just looking to strike it from the get go so we can explore alternatives.
TrumpCoinContent

Activity: 105

Media Content Manager - TrumpCoin

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 06:43:23 PM

Things we CAN do:

I was hoping someone would make this clear for those who don't quite understand how the SuperPAC system works.

Before anyone gets ahead of themselves with the notion that SuperPAC restrictions now limit the potential and reach of the coin you should probably read this: http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/11/02/how_candidates_and_their_super_pacs_coordinate_through_the_media.html

Not only can SuperPACs still garner massive media attention (probably far more so than if we stayed as an collated donation thing which we legally can't) but the candidates are only barred from co-ordinating with the operations and expenditure PAC, not from mentioning, complimenting (however indirectly) or addressing questions regarding the efforts of the organisation. If you wanted a legitimate vehicle for even a passing Trump nod (which is an ambitious but attainable prospect) this is likely it. The media is our friend here and if they open the dialogue (and a decentralised crypto-currency SuperPAC certainly could) there's no reason we can't be discussed to some degree.

There's also a litany of options to directly sidestep the communications barriers between candidates and PACs bearing their names for example:

"The use of “Conservative, Authentic, Responsive Leadership for You and for America” as not to violate the rule baring an independent group from using a candidate’s name in their own. The super PAC opts for an acronym on its signs and other campaign materials: “CARLY for America.” We’re sure that’s just to save on printing costs." (in reference to Carly Fiorina's SuperPAC).

By utilising an acronym to make effectively the same statement the rule is worked around completely legitimately and with enough deniability as not to harm Trump's credibility or campaign.

Just addressing anyone's concerns that a SuperPAC somehow erodes the purpose or potential of the Trump Fund concept.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: