Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:07:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ***OFFICIAL*** TRUMP COIN PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN DONATION SUPERPAC FUNDER****  (Read 40375 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Signal7

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

TrumpCoin Lead Developer

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 06:44:34 PM

ok so maybe I should clear up some facts about what we can and cannot do legally.

Let's start with the can nots:
1. We cannot contribute more than $2700 from a single entity directly to Donald Trump's official campaign.
2. If we register as a Super PAC, we can NOT...
  a. contribute even one penny directly to him or his official campaign.
  b. communicate with him in any way, shape or form during the elections.
  c. expect any endorsements or acknowledgements from him during the elections.

Things we CAN do:
1. Encourage anyone not directly affiliated with the Super PAC to donate up to the $2700 maximum to Donald Trump's official campaign.
2. Combine our talents, resources, and finances to indirectly support Donald Trump for President with media and grassroots campaign efforts.
3. Solicit unlimited donations to our PAC in order to help us towards our goals.
4. Buy commercials, billboards, and advertising of any kind to promote Trump for President and/or the TrumpCoin initiatives.

Why are these points important?

Because folks seem to believe that we are going to be allowed to pump the coin value up to around $5 and just give Trump a million bucks.

No. That's illegal. He cannot accept it.

I do not feel like it is sensible for a prominent public person to just sit on the funds for us (they will be constantly having to manage and document movements). I do not feel like it is sensible to lock the fund into any escrow or other long term commitment. I feel like the fund should be handled by an internal official treasury like any other PAC with publicly available ledgers and accountability and put to good use to help fund our agenda(s). yes, I am drafting a plan.

All that said, we have yet to decide definitively the true scope of our official agenda, which should be our very next step after establishing some sort of organized leadership.
Once we have more thoroughly discussed the pros and cons of Super PAC vs. donation fund, we will be able to finally commit to a direction and make a responsible decision as to how the fund should be stored, used, protected, etc.

I am going to assume, given what you have posted here, that devising a way to disburse the final fund amount to a group of individuals who have agreed to use the payment as their $2,700 contribution directly to the Trump campaign would be blocked by: Encourage anyone not directly affiliated with the Super PAC to donate up to the $2700 maximum to Donald Trump's official campaign. Is this correct? Not that this is an ideal solution (there are tons of issues administering this), I'm just looking to strike it from the get go so we can explore alternatives.

Are you suggesting that we break the fund up into smaller stacks, distribute it out to multiple people, and ask them to please, pretty please liquidate it without damaging the market and please, pretty please donate it all to Donald Trump for President, Inc?

Let's make Crypto GREAT Again!
www.TrumpCoin.com
Signal7

TrumpCoin Lead Developer

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 06:56:20 PM

What can super PACs do with their money?
Anything except contribute directly to, or coordinate expenditures with, candidates and candidate committees. They can pay for any typical political expenditure, and then some. Super PACs can and do pay for television ads, phone banks, canvassers and bumper stickers. In other words, they can act as a shadow campaign.

What happens to super PACs' money when the candidates they are supporting withdraw from a race?
That’s hard to say because the law leaves the possibilities wide open. An orphan super PAC could use its money to help other candidates with independent expenditure campaigns. Super PACs may even be able to let the ex-candidate take over the PAC. The Campaign Legal Center's Ryan says there’s nothing in the law that says the staff can’t use the money for a post-campaign cruise, but Mimi Marziani says she and other lawyers at New York University's Brennan Center suspect that anyone who tries to take advantage of that loophole might find himself under investigation for fraud.

The second point is important as I feel we need to continue to establish a narrative for what happens to this project after the election. Win or lose there are so many things we can do with TrumpCoin, many have been discussed here and other boards. I believe the SuperPac verbiage means we can continue to operate after the election and support other Trump/Trump inspired people/organizations/charities.

We need to start reminding people now that TrumpCoin is a long term project, many of us would love to be a member of this community in 2020 and perhaps we even become a coin that cracks the top 5 and is seen as a low transaction fee, first causecoin pillar in the crypto community. As opposed to a lot of groupthink I see that feels the coin basically becomes abandoned after election season.

I believe this sets a good stage...

We are spearheading what we are calling CauseCoin technology or more specifically a cryptocurrency connected to an FEC registered Super PAC who intends to raise awareness about blockchain technologies by demonstrating how these techs can be used to bypass special interests in government in order to balance power back into the peoples' hands. We also identify ourselves as a democratic organization, that is, one that elects its leaders and hold votes in order to establish bi-laws and protocol.

We can file our PAC to support Trump only or we can file to support his ideals that align with ours. We can be TrumpCoin, support Mr.Trump, and still have a higher agenda/cause.
We can also dissolve a Trump-centric PAC after the elections and create new PACs for virtually anything we want to.
There are lots of options.

www.TrumpCoin.com
doogjy

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 07:12:14 PM

ok so maybe I should clear up some facts about what we can and cannot do legally.

1. We cannot contribute more than $2700 from a single entity directly to Donald Trump's official campaign.

Things we CAN do:
1. Encourage anyone not directly affiliated with the Super PAC to donate up to the $2700 maximum to Donald Trump's official campaign.
2. Combine our talents, resources, and finances to indirectly support Donald Trump for President with media and grassroots campaign efforts.
3. Solicit unlimited donations to our PAC in order to help us towards our goals.
4. Buy commercials, billboards, and advertising of any kind to promote Trump for President and/or the TrumpCoin initiatives.

Because folks seem to believe that we are going to be allowed to pump the coin value up to around $5 and just give Trump a million bucks.

I do not feel like it is sensible for a prominent public person to just sit on the funds for us (they will be constantly having to manage and document movements). I do not feel like it is sensible to lock the fund into any escrow or other long term commitment. I feel like the fund should be handled by an internal official treasury like any other PAC with publicly available ledgers and accountability and put to good use to help fund our agenda(s). yes, I am drafting a plan.

All that said, we have yet to decide definitively the true scope of our official agenda, which should be our very next step after establishing some sort of organized leadership.
Once we have more thoroughly discussed the pros and cons of Super PAC vs. donation fund, we will be able to finally commit to a direction and make a responsible decision as to how the fund should be stored, used, protected, etc.

I am going to assume, given what you have posted here, that devising a way to disburse the final fund amount to a group of individuals who have agreed to use the payment as their $2,700 contribution directly to the Trump campaign would be blocked by: Encourage anyone not directly affiliated with the Super PAC to donate up to the $2700 maximum to Donald Trump's official campaign. Is this correct? Not that this is an ideal solution (there are tons of issues administering this), I'm just looking to strike it from the get go so we can explore alternatives.

Are you suggesting that we break the fund up into smaller stacks, distribute it out to multiple people, and ask them to please, pretty please liquidate it without damaging the market and please, pretty please donate it all to Donald Trump for President, Inc?

Basically yes albeit with more checks in place to ensure this occurs (smart contracts, some punitive action if the money isn't donated, etc). I'm really more interested in understanding the legality of this route, rather than devising ways to put it into practice at this stage.

My other question is: What is the incentive for potential donors to make their contribution buying Trumpcoins, rather than just donating to the PAC or specific causes with fiat? Perhaps the answer ties in whit Trumpcoin holdings being related to voting on the direction or recipient of the fund, but this calls back to issues that already exist with special interests.
Signal7

TrumpCoin Lead Developer

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 07:41:28 PM

Things we CAN do:

Basically yes albeit with more checks in place to ensure this occurs (smart contracts, some punitive action if the money isn't donated, etc). I'm really more interested in understanding the legality of this route, rather than devising ways to put it into practice at this stage.

I believe that sort of practice would most likely lead to a fraud investigation. I don't think it's in our best interests to challenge the FEC like that.

My other question is: What is the incentive for potential donors to make their contribution buying Trumpcoins, rather than just donating to the PAC or specific causes with fiat?

My opinion (and I'm open to suggestions) is that we should actually set the PAC up around a fiat account to accept fiat donations from average Americans and focus part of our efforts on teaching these donors about crypto while making entrance as easy as possible for them.

On the crypto side of things, we do what we do and we teach newcomers how we do it and we make crypto donations into our Trump Fund. We maintain our minimum fund of 200k while we grow our value, and liquidate donated surplus from the fund to donate from the LLC into the PAC.

As we advance and lobby for changes in laws that allow crypto expenditures in Super PACs, we can transition into a full blown crypto-based company to support full-blown crypto-only Super PACS.

Something along those lines, if all can be validated as a fully legal approach.

Perhaps the answer ties in whit Trumpcoin holdings being related to voting on the direction or recipient of the fund, but this calls back to issues that already exist with special interests.

I do not ask any voter how many coins they hold and never will. Of course anyone taking the time to involve themselves with voting in this community is most likely holding coins, but that is no way a requirement and never, ever should be in my opinion. No vote should have any weight attached to any monetary value. But you do make a good point about actually creating new special interests with this. It is something that deserves much discussion.

www.TrumpCoin.com
Signal7

TrumpCoin Lead Developer

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 08:24:49 PM

Politechs

Just dropping that here so I don't forget that someone just "coined" the term.

www.TrumpCoin.com
Depredation

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 08:26:54 PM

Has anyone actually contacted Bittrex or Polo since we have become an LLC?

▄█▄         ▄█▄
                            ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                          ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                        ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                      ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                    ▄████▀      ▄████▀
 ▄█▄          ▄      ▀█▀      ▄████▀
▀████▄      ▄███▄           ▄████▀
  ▀████▄     ▀████▄       ▄████▀
    ▀████▄     ▀████▄   ▄████▀
      ▀████▄     ▀████▄████▀
        ▀████▄     ▀█████▀
          ▀█▀        ▀█▀
.verify.▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
Signal7

TrumpCoin Lead Developer

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 08:30:43 PM

I haven't. We are still transitioning. I would like to solidify the leadership a little more and at least get our goals clarified and more clearly defined on the website before circling back around to groups that have already rejected us once.

www.TrumpCoin.com
Itssherman

Activity: 89

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 08:34:13 PM

So one of the things I don't understand right now is how we can donate the trumpfund (in usd) to trump while having the trumpfund in a super PAC. As far as I understand we simply can't and instead of donating directly we finance our own "trump for president" campaign? I'm not quite sure how we would go about.
Depredation

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 08:34:37 PM

I haven't. We are still transitioning. I would like to solidify the leadership a little more and at least get our goals clarified and more clearly defined on the website before circling back around to groups that have already rejected us once.
That's a good idea.

▄█▄         ▄█▄
                            ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                          ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                        ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                      ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                    ▄████▀      ▄████▀
 ▄█▄          ▄      ▀█▀      ▄████▀
▀████▄      ▄███▄           ▄████▀
  ▀████▄     ▀████▄       ▄████▀
    ▀████▄     ▀████▄   ▄████▀
      ▀████▄     ▀████▄████▀
        ▀████▄     ▀█████▀
          ▀█▀        ▀█▀
.verify.▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
doogjy

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 08:36:35 PM

Things we CAN do:

I believe that sort of practice would most likely lead to a fraud investigation. I don't think it's in our best interests to challenge the FEC like that.

My other question is: What is the incentive for potential donors to make their contribution buying Trumpcoins, rather than just donating to the PAC or specific causes with fiat?

My opinion (and I'm open to suggestions) is that we should actually set the PAC up around a fiat account to accept fiat donations from average Americans and focus part of our efforts on teaching these donors about crypto while making entrance as easy as possible for them.

On the crypto side of things, we do what we do and we teach newcomers how we do it and we make crypto donations into our Trump Fund. We maintain our minimum fund of 200k while we grow our value, and liquidate donated surplus from the fund to donate from the LLC into the PAC.

As we advance and lobby for changes in laws that allow crypto expenditures in Super PACs, we can transition into a full blown crypto-based company to support full-blown crypto-only Super PACS.

Perhaps the answer ties in whit Trumpcoin holdings being related to voting on the direction or recipient of the fund, but this calls back to issues that already exist with special interests.

I do not ask any voter how many coins they hold and never will. Of course anyone taking the time to involve themselves with voting in this community is most likely holding coins, but that is no way a requirement and never, ever should be in my opinion. No vote should have any weight attached to any monetary value. But you do make a good point about actually creating new special interests with this. It is something that deserves much discussion.

Thanks for the thoughtful responses here. Regarding the appeal of the crypto angle, I believe a strong marketing point (although there are risks associated with this as well) would be that anyone in the world can buy Trumpcoin and effect the value of the final donation. This creates potential legal risks regarding foreign campaign contributions in US elections, so I agree that a tiered system wherein the PAC takes verified US fiat donations is prudent, while contributions from the LLC can be managed to accommodate the legalities of the foreign aspect (although this does not seem so different from a multinational corporation making a donation from profits accrued in foreign countries).

I could see the LLC becomes a donation vehicle in itself used to effect different causes around the world, with the causes selected BEFORE donations begin to ensure 'whale' donors or special interests can't effect the target of the donation and allowing only those who are invested in the particular cause that cycle to donate, rather than having their donation go towards something they don't support. Something like:

1) Democratic verified cause vote (perhaps with a criteria that voter holds at least 1 coin?): stop growing carrots, ban bottled water, MAGA
Winner: MAGA
2) Trade and effect value of coin in given timeframe (e.g. 6 months)
3) Make donation (in this case to Trump PAC)
4) New cause vote

A few questions:

Just for my understanding, the 200k fund is an initial purchase of trump coins, to be sold at a given date for fiat to be donated (then repeat). Is this correct?

Finally, I have no issue for the time being, but are you married to the Trumpcoin branding as this moves forward? If this is going to be a sustainable Causecoin, I believe it will eventually need to be rebranded.
Signal7

TrumpCoin Lead Developer

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 09:10:35 PM

So one of the things I don't understand right now is how we can donate the trumpfund (in usd) to trump while having the trumpfund in a super PAC. As far as I understand we simply can't and instead of donating directly we finance our own "trump for president" campaign? I'm not quite sure how we would go about.

We cannot donate the entire fund directly to Trump with or without a PAC, unless we choose to be intentionally wasteful.

Yes, The best thing we can do is to either pay for our own campaign to support Trump by purchasing ads, giving away shirts and buttons at rallies, etc or help finance an already established Super PAC that aligns with our agendas. Personally, I prefer to start a new PAC that we can drive and control ourselves, but I want everyone to understand enough to help make a group decision.

www.TrumpCoin.com
Signal7

TrumpCoin Lead Developer

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 09:18:46 PM

Things we CAN do:

Thanks for the thoughtful responses here. Regarding the appeal of the crypto angle, I believe a strong marketing point (although there are risks associated with this as well) would be that anyone in the world can buy Trumpcoin and effect the value of the final donation. This creates potential legal risks regarding foreign campaign contributions in US elections, so I agree that a tiered system wherein the PAC takes verified US fiat donations is prudent, while contributions from the LLC can be managed to accommodate the legalities of the foreign aspect (although this does not seem so different from a multinational corporation making a donation from profits accrued in foreign countries).

I could see the LLC becomes a donation vehicle in itself used to effect different causes around the world, with the causes selected BEFORE donations begin to ensure 'whale' donors or special interests can't effect the target of the donation and allowing only those who are invested in the particular cause that cycle to donate, rather than having their donation go towards something they don't support. Something like:

1) Democratic verified cause vote (perhaps with a criteria that voter holds at least 1 coin?): stop growing carrots, ban bottled water, MAGA
Winner: MAGA
2) Trade and effect value of coin in given timeframe (e.g. 6 months)
3) Make donation (in this case to Trump PAC)
4) New cause vote

A few questions:

There have been recent advancements in federal law that allows the use of crypto in election efforts, although there are restrictions and gray areas that I believe we can help advance further.
I have to hit the road for a bit but I'll post some links for you when I return to a computer.

Just for my understanding, the 200k fund is an initial purchase of trump coins, to be sold at a given date for fiat to be donated (then repeat). Is this correct?

The 200k is a pre-mine that was set aside in the beginning specifically for supporting Mr. Trump.

Finally, I have no issue for the time being, but are you married to the Trumpcoin branding as this moves forward? If this is going to be a sustainable Causecoin, I believe it will eventually need to be rebranded.

I think the current branding is perfect for demonstrating the power of crypto in the political arenas in the current environment, but we are really just setting the stage, right? Yes, we can do much more later. We are only limited by our own creativities.

www.TrumpCoin.com
Bitbobb

Activity: 1134
Merit: 525

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 11:05:09 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2016, 02:52:51 PM by Bitbobb

There is an expression good minds think alike.  And I see some very good minds here.  Lots of them!  

Since signal7 sent a message to the Follow my vote people that will now be the second message they have gotten from Trump coin members! (at least
   Billary coin I hope does not have the lock on them if they do not respond favorably to us then we need to move on an alternative.  

Signal7

TrumpCoin Lead Developer

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 11:41:42 PM

All this yuge picture talk, I have a question about a more micro issue.

What's the status on overhauling, possibly re-doing the TrumpCoin.com site and taking the .rocks site offline and 301 redirecting it to the .com?

The .com site has already been redesigned and is sitting in a staging environment waiting for the final verbiage of what we decide to do this week. I'd like to update it by Monday.

I'm not exactly sure who has control of the .rocks domain. I hope to get a 301 on it ASAP.

www.TrumpCoin.com
Signal7

TrumpCoin Lead Developer

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 11:58:16 PM

All this yuge picture talk, I have a question about a more micro issue.

What's the status on overhauling, possibly re-doing the TrumpCoin.com site and taking the .rocks site offline and 301 redirecting it to the .com?

The .com site has already been redesigned and is sitting in a staging environment waiting for the final verbiage of what we decide to do this week. I'd like to update it by Monday.

I'm not exactly sure who has control of the .rocks domain. I hope to get a 301 on it ASAP.

I don't think during the previous handover chicken relinquished his control over .rocks to cantstump. Maybe I missed something though.

Shouldn't be an issue then. I just need to do some follow ups.

www.TrumpCoin.com
greyone

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 12:26:31 AM

I cannot cast a vote because of my newbie status but if I could it would be for Signal
bkxpress2015

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 01:12:34 AM

All of this is absolutely amazing. Signal, you have a brilliant mind - keep it up!

I'm going to invest in more Trumps very soon; hopefully it'll raise the price a bit, but I'm expecting this causecoin to go BIG in the long run and it would be AWESOME to donate a significant amount of money (via the Trump Fund) to support his effort in becoming the POTUS!

GREAT WORK ALL!! MAGA 4 LIFE!!!

Bitbobb

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 08:37:26 AM

I voted in the poll that Signal7 provided for us.  I was the tenth voter.  The results are posted on Signal7s' thread BTW.

And Signal7 has my support.  In honor of his courage ( and all of our contributions to this project) I have posted a famous quote below from Samuel Clemens:

“In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.”

Bitbobb

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 09:19:37 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2016, 10:11:20 AM by Bitbobb

A forum vote sounds good. I've been following this thread and waiting to vote on leadership but I wasn't aware that we had to register. Based on the llc and your choice to take things slowly I was gonna vote for you anyway though. I would like to see the creator of the coin be involved in some capacity, even if it's just ceremonial and assuming he wants to.

I also need nominations for Treasurer.

I nominate Bitbob. He has proven himself as a valuable asset to the coin and the community and is willing to reveal his identity to protect the accountability of the coin.

Please consider supporting him as he is truly passionate

You will not be sorry if I am allowed to serve, this I can promise.  In furtherance of this and other concerns I am willing to undergo background checks, be public and vetted.  I am willing to advise the leadership, vote if/ when there are other members on a board or the functional equivalent.  I am willing and able to do these things and agree I am well suited since both my acquired and natural talents lend themselves to this type of job.  This is a position of trust and in fact high importance to any organization but especially so for this organization so the nomination from Nov8th is a special honor to read about.  And how special from a group that only knows me from my commenting?  All I can do to show my gratitude is throw myself into the position with all that I have.  I will look at each issue from a financial perspective.  Continue to provide counsel to the leadership from a financial perspective and advise accordingly.  Work with the security industry leaders to ensure our tech remains safe.  In addition to the traditional duties above mentioned if appointed and approved I will still continue to proffer ideas to the right people who can use them, support the coin with needed programs (like the buy side stability mechanism and other mitigation protocols) and liaison with my counter parts from outside groups to foster co-operation among like minded organizations toward a mutually beneficial future.  These things I have been doing and believe I can continue to do.

The story of America is one of greatness and when you hear of who I am you will hear of the story of a great family that came to this country seeking adventure.  We were never the richest but we have been pivotal on both my mother and fathers' side at key moments in this history on this continent since 1620.  So as we take the early steps together let us not ever forget why we are here and that this too may be another key moment in history.  Thank you

“no rewards can be so pleasing ... as those which include the approbation of our fellow citizens.  T. Jefferson

Itssherman

Activity: 89

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 01:27:52 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2016, 02:05:01 PM by Itssherman

Looking at the poll (16 for, 1 against) I believe it's relatively safe to say that we can move forward setting up the fundamentals of trumpcoin with a temporary board of directors!

What I would like to see is a small faq about what setting up a super pac will mean for trumpcoin (from a practical and legal pov) and what it changes in term of liquidating the trumpfund.
I think I roughly get the idea, but I'm not quite sure if I fully understand it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: