Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:38:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (JWL) JEWELS 🔷 HEROES LAUNCHED 🔷 1ST JWL USE CASE 🔷 TRADING ON BITTREX  (Read 212603 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JewelsProject (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Official Jewels Dev Account.

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2016, 06:18:36 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2017, 08:14:45 PM by JewelsProject

Coin Information
Total Coins - 20,000,000 JWL
Algorithm - POS v3
Reward - 0.5 JWL per block
Maturity - 4 Hours
Block Time - 1 Minute
Dev Fund - 1,000,000 JWL
Payapl Reserve Fund - 1,000,000 JWL
GitHub - https://github.com/jewelsproject/coin
Windows pre-compiled wallet - http://www.jewelsproject.com/Content/Jewels-Qt.exe
OSX pre-compiled wallet - http://www.jewelsproject.com/Content/Jewels-Qt.dmg.zip
Block Explorer - https://chainz.cryptoid.info/jwl/

The sale ended on September 1st, 12:00am UTC (GMT 0:00) with 336 BTC raised exceeding our goal of 200 BTC.

The ICO funds were held on the address 1MobH7Ugp1aXjiq3dRG8U31F3pBumWb4Q9 and therefore occasionally we may sign messages from this address to guarantee added security.

Jewels Introduction
Jewels (“JWL”) is a virtual currency that will be used throughout the “Pro4Never Network” as it grows. It’s primary value will stem from bitcoin backing and US Dollars.  We would like to stress Jewels will be usable throughout several games that we are developing. Currently, it’s primary use case will be in that of Conquer Heroes a game that has been created by Pro4Never.

Jewels in Conquer Heroes have a few use cases such as:
  • Gambling with Jewels vs House
    • Slots, Dice, Blackjack, etc.
  • In game p2p gambling
  • Used to purchase products in game
    • Items
    • Content
    • Features
    • Visual Cosmetics (designs, customization, etc)
    • Tradable for in game currency (p2p trading)

Jewels can be purchased via bitcoin on the exchanges or through Paypal (See “Paypal Jewels & Maturity”). Since there is a use-case for Jewels in Heroes, there will always be a demand hence the market will always have some form of liquidity backing it as users seek to acquire Jewels to use in game. However, there will be other use cases for Jewels in the near future (see “Development”) and because of this we expect the demand for Jewels to increase in time while the supply remains fairly consistent.

Paypal Jewels & Maturity
There will be a reserved amount of Jewels to be sold via Paypal as this is the most common means of purchase that players are most familiar with. The price of Jewels in USD will be derived from the two markets JWL/USD = JWL/BTC * BTC/USD.

Paypal will be used as a proxy for purchasing Jewels off the market. As the reserve of Jewels for paypal purchases depletes funds received via Paypal will be used to purchase bitcoin used to purchase Jewels from the exchanges thereby adding liquidity to the market.

When Paypal is used to buy Jewels, the Jewels will be added to the user’s account on-site and in game, however these Jewels will be considered “immature” meaning they cannot be traded or withdrawn from the site for 45 days, however can be used in-game (Heroes) to purchase items usable on your character.

The reason for this maturity system is due to the fact money can be refunded on Paypal thus leaving us open to “giving away free money.” As your account builds a more accredited history with the “Pro4Never Network” the duration on Paypal Jewels maturity will be decreased to more lenient values.

Any Jewels purchased via bitcoin are always considered mature since bitcoin and blockchain transactions are irreversible.

What is Conquer Heroes?

Conquer Heroes is a game based off a Chinese Fantasy Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (“MMORPG”) and is entirely free to play (“F2P”). It is an old-school styled game similar to that of Diablo 2 is its visuals, themes and game play feel. The game is focused on player vs. player interaction where players compete via combat to prove who is the best in game as well as improve their characters as they progress further in terms of leveling up and increasing the strengths and defenses of said characters. As this is a player vs. player driven game, items can be achieved through the interaction of killing other players in game (“PKing”).

Heroes can be seen as an expansion with over a dozen unique in game player vs player events. The player based is very familiar and accepting of random-number-generated based games. That is luck based games such as slots, raffle draws, etc. which shows promise for a large overlap in the bitcoin world of provably fair gambling.

The Beyond Bitcoin Hangout (9/30/2016) covers our first set of discussions about our successful launch of Heroes and plans going forward.

Project Rebirth Development

Project Rebirth will be an entirely new game built from ground up and we are in the process of assembling a team of skilled individuals to create this new game from scratch. Pro4Never has already shown expertise in the field of game creation and marketing hence Project Rebirth was an inevitable goal.

The most difficult part to developing any game is having a robust client allowing the game to give birth to a beautiful surreal world where a player can become immersed in it. There are a few positions we are looking to hire for and while an individual is not restricted to doing one job we should stress taking time constraints into consideration. We are looking for: Unity developers, 3d modelers, 2d texture designers and front end web designers. If you're interested in applying send an email to admin@jewelsproject.com to apply!

Key points of fund usage: Expansion, advertisement, development, assets/art, web development (gambling, website changes, etc), client development, server development, various tools to simply work (i.e. map editor and other client development tools).

Road Map
Revised for Q1 2017

• Heroes (now - January)
    • Tournaments - DONE
      • Cash Prizes (for some tournaments, not all) - DONE
      • Elite PK (gear is factored) - DONE
      • Skill PK (gear is irrelevant, skill based) - DONE
      • Elite Team PK (gear is factored) - DONE
      • Skill Team PK (gear is irrelevant, skill based) - DONE
      • Class PK - DONE
    • Gambling Games
      • 3-reel Slots, 5-reel Slots (progressive Jackpot) - Design document finished
      • Video Poker - Design document finished - Design document finished
      • A Dice based Game - Nearly completed (~75%)
    • Events
      • King of the Hill (PvP) - DONE
      • Soccer (PvP) - DONE
      • Christmas Event (PvE) - DONE
    • New Systems
      • New composition system (continued to be epxanded) - DONE
      • Marketplace (expanded as time goes on into Auction House)
      • Mail System - DONE
      • Raid System - DONE
    • Mechanics
      • Push/Pull skills - DONE
    • Expansion
      • New (Raid) Bosses - DONE
      • New Quests / Events - In progress
      • New Skills - In progress
      • New Cosmetics / Visuals - In progress
      • American (NA) Server Launched - Awaiting other expansion sub steps
  • Rebirth (primarily December - January)
    • Initial Concept Paper Released - DONE
      • Discuss Theme - DONE
      • Pacing and Progression - DONE
      • Classes and Design Philosophy - DONE
      • Game Play Mechanics - DONE
    • Video Logs / Discussion
      • First of which expected October 28th, 2016 - DONE
    • Prototype Development Starts (end of December) - In progress: some prototype work finished.

Promotional Material

[/url][/url]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 06:24:45 AM

Why not use your real account? You will have more success with a real account than a proxy account.
JewelsProject (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2016, 06:35:06 AM

Why not use your real account? You will have more success with a real account than a proxy account.

We are relatively new here at Bitcointalk, so unfortunately we do not have a more aged account. I am acting as a public relations manager for Chris (pro4never) and he'll be changing the "Who is Pro4Never" section into a Vlog later tomorrow.

While we are new on Bitcointalk, we are not new to using digital currencies as  I personally have been using Bitcoin for several years and Chris has experience with digital currencies via being an early Doge supporter. We easily see the huge potential for a digital currency that can be used outside of our game as it benefits both the crypto community and our community as well.

While our Bitcointalk account is not aged, please check out Apex, as well as Chris's elitepvpers profile which have been around for quite some time. Please remember, the game is already online so give it a try and have fun Smiley

kellendil

Activity: 630
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 06:46:29 AM

No escrow for ico ? it seems like a good project but without escrow you wont get  funding
JewelsProject (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2016, 06:51:46 AM

No escrow for ico ? it seems like a good project but without escrow you wont get  funding

We have not released any specific details about the ICO so follow the thread for now and in the mean time go try the game out Tongue

CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2016, 07:29:44 AM

hi, i noticed it says 

Winter 2017 (Q1)
Project Rebirth
Official project development starts

so anything you collect during july-aug crowdfund will not be used till then?
so you plan on releasing a token a.k.a "jewels" a coin, during that time for traders to speculate in your company/idea?
just asking so im clear as an investor what i would get to play with while you grow the idea Wink

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
JewelsProject (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2016, 07:45:14 AM

hi, i noticed it says  

Winter 2017 (Q1)
Project Rebirth

so you plan on releasing a token a.k.a "jewels" a coin, during that time for traders to speculate in your company/idea?
just asking so im clear as an investor what i would get to play with while you grow the idea Wink

Not quite. There will be on going development from now as well into 2017 on Apex and Heroes. This means there are on going costs and since Jewels will effectively be replacing the current method of buying in game content. Money raised from Jewels will be used for things such as server costs and current development.

We're not simply asking you to speculate about our potential. When the ICO ends we will have Jewels integrated into Apex which means the ability to purchase in game content, items, features via Jewels and we will begin working on our gambling implementations shortly after as per the road map.

please check your inbox dev
We'll be releasing a bounty list later, so follow the thread until then.

CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2016, 07:53:43 AM

hi, i noticed it says  

Winter 2017 (Q1)
Project Rebirth

Not quite. There will be on going development from now as well into 2017 on Apex and Heroes. This means there are on going costs and since Jewels will effectively be replacing the current method of buying in game content. Money raised from Jewels will be used for things such as server costs and current development.

We're not simply asking you to speculate about our potential. When the ICO ends we will have Jewels integrated into Apex which means the ability to purchase in game content, items, features via Jewels and we will begin working on our gambling implementations shortly after as per the road map.

please check your inbox dev
We'll be releasing a bounty list later, so follow the thread until then.

right, understandable.
ok cool man sounds good im liking this Wink best of luck on the project!

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
James_H

Activity: 517
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 08:26:50 AM

newbie account again and ico on icostart?
No !!!
Arrakeen

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 08:42:25 AM

Dude...a currency backed by a private conquer server?  That doesn't even make sense...how is it 'backed' by a modified ten-year-old MMO that you're paying to host?  Not to mention the fact it says 'not pay2win' on the site  Huh
JewelsProject (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2016, 09:18:34 AM

newbie account again and ico on icostart?
No !!!
The age of an account doesn't govern the success of a project, the people behind it does. I'm going to assume you didn't click any links or even read anything pertaining to Chris, did you?

Dude...a currency backed by a private conquer server?  That doesn't even make sense...how is it 'backed' by a modified ten-year-old MMO that you're paying to host?  Not to mention the fact it says 'not pay2win' on the site  Huh
It is backed by the game since it will be used by the game as well as other games developed by Chris's brand. It's not pay to win in the slightest. The ability to spend money on a game to purchase visual changes that don't affect the power balance completely fits the free to play model. For example, League of Legends which sells skins (cosmetics; exactly the same concept) is not pay to win.

I feel like you're failing to understand another aspect of this. It's not like Chris downloaded some arbitrary source code of the internet, he has written everything himself from ground zero and proven himself to be an amazing coder. Apex is over 60,000 lines written entirely by Chris himself and others that worked with him directly on his project.

Perryl

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 10:07:02 AM

Apex pserver?

I run a JD pserver.

I had a similar idea, but not the means to put it into place.

We will be watching you.

Since Pro4Never is a moderator on ElitePVPers, it would be good if he could post something there verifying that he is really affiliated with this project.
Perryl

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 10:31:15 AM

Dude...a currency backed by a private conquer server?  That doesn't even make sense...how is it 'backed' by a modified ten-year-old MMO that you're paying to host?  Not to mention the fact it says 'not pay2win' on the site  Huh

People 'donate' to keep the server alive. Paying for items that improve their character, but probably not items that affect power. Pay to win means what it says. Look at Good Game Empire if you want to see a pay to win game, that, btw, makes millions and millions of dollars every month by selling virtual currency.

If jewels are to be held on the website for when you want to use them, similar to how an exchange would, and then you could withdraw them as well. This would create an entire economy based on that currency. When people can farm a mob for an item that is valuable and then sell it for something that they can turn into dollars, they will. This is a thing that already happens in thousands of games, but one of the most difficult things is deciding who goes first. This can introduce things like escrow to the game. Increasing their userbase because people can literally make money by playing the game.

I suspect, their pserver is not the only one they are hoping will use this. There are hundreds of admins of pservers that frequent ElitePVPers. I personally do use it as well. This is my element, so, I'll be trying out the game when I have more time.

The bottom line is that I am 100% confident in the ability of this project to work if the people behind it are committed and intelligent. This project has been on my mind since long before they posted, but I have enough difficulty setting up solo-mining or compiling a wallet that I am not prepared to put it into action.

This project might be perfect.

Remember, Vanilla WoW servers were pulling in so much money that Blizzard met with the admins after closing it and considered opening one of their own.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743584206

You'd be amazed at how many people are willing to pay to play the game they loved years ago, even if the game is mostly free.
mooccowmoo

Activity: 390

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 10:41:44 AM

oh noo ICO again  Lips sealed
Pro4Never

Activity: 183

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2016, 02:17:05 PM

Since Pro4Never is a moderator on ElitePVPers, it would be good if he could post something there verifying that he is really affiliated with this project.

http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/co2-pserver-discussions-questions/3878264-p4ns-dev-log-9.html#post34812056

There you go. Added it to the main thread on EPVP that I use for tracking non-public project development.

Every single line of serverside code was written by myself. I have over a decade of experience working with conquer including client side hacks/bots, server emulation, client reverse engineering, etc not to mention my experience with the community of the game itself.

Apex launched year and a half ago and has been my full time source of income ever since. During that time I've been also working on the new server project which is much more ambitious in scope. Heroes is already in public beta testing and should be ready for release within a month (Even given moderate delays in testing, it would still be released before fall)

When referring to the backing of the currency, we are referring both to the demand for the currency as well as how it is consumed. Because of how these types of servers work, there are always a significant group of players willing to spend money on the game and we do our best to create the best, most compelling content for them (new looks for weapons and clothes are the primary example of what we create). That will create a consistent demand for these jewels and also help to consume them (so they don't just get bought and remain idle but rather get actually USED for something).

What makes the project the most interesting to me is the ability to create a whole new market through gambling mini games. Due to the secure backend we'll be designing to manage all of the jewel transactions it allows us to make our new mini games not only bound to our server but available to everyone through their own seperate website (jewelcoin gambling site), through mobile apps AND in the game itself. That serves to make our server stand out even more (more content for players in the form of new gambling methods) and also provides a new market (the website/mobile app players who may never even know about our servers).

We've already integrated support for full html5 browsers into the game (we do a LOT of custom client hooks to embed our own resources) so any game we design is therefor web and mobile compatible by default. No changes or tweaks needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfgPxLThIdc

It's worth mentioning that the game (and other servers that act as our competition) do NOT support web integration into the game and even if they hook into the client to do so, it wont support html5. This is us leveraging the awesomium framework and combining it with a large amount of client reverse engineering to provide this level of functionality.

If jewels are to be held on the website for when you want to use them, similar to how an exchange would, and then you could withdraw them as well. This would create an entire economy based on that currency. When people can farm a mob for an item that is valuable and then sell it for something that they can turn into dollars, they will. This is a thing that already happens in thousands of games, but one of the most difficult things is deciding who goes first. This can introduce things like escrow to the game. Increasing their userbase because people can literally make money by playing the game.

I suspect, their pserver is not the only one they are hoping will use this. There are hundreds of admins of pservers that frequent ElitePVPers. I personally do use it as well. This is my element, so, I'll be trying out the game when I have more time.

That is correct, you would have to load the jewels into your game account before they can be used. As mentioned in the initial release, any refundable purchase method will have a maturity value assocated with the jewels that determine what they can be used for (EG: you cannot trade the jewels to another player if your transaction still has the possibility of being reversed through paypal). Any non refundable method of purchasing/loading these gems into your account will of course not result in such restrictions.

The jewels can then be consumed through buying in game items (garments, weapon skins, exp boosts) or through gambling (existing mini games and new ones which we will be designing for this exact purpose).

The jewels can be traded between players which then allows people in game who are working hard on their characters or hunting lots of items to 'cash out' of the game. We do not normally allow people to sell their in-game items for real world currencies (because it competes with our own revenues) but with a jewel system you would simply sell your in-game items for packs of jewels which you could then sell on any exchange to cash out to fiat currency. Because of this, the game will attract a much larger sub-audience of those who are trying to farm in-game items for cash. While at first glance this may sound like a bad thing, it's really not. This creates a higher demand for the jewels because not only can they be used on non pay2win elements (cosmetics) but now they can be used to purchase actual in game items and bonuses but it is done as peer2peer and therefor does not reflect poorly on the servers balance.

Sorry, I know this was a really long reply but hope it answers some of the questions you all had. If you have more questions for me about the server project or myself feel free to ask.
sadasa

Activity: 446

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 03:52:53 PM

Finally the virtual world being molded into the real world with what I have the most passion for and that is playing games, and crypto!

You meet the two with your idea and this is sure to be one of the best projects I will have the pleasure to invest with this year, and of course use Jewels in-game will keep me busy on the weekends.

I will be watching very closey, good luck!

B2

BitDouble.io

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Pro4Never

Activity: 183

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2016, 04:36:18 PM

Finally the virtual world being molded into the real world with what I have the most passion for and that is playing games, and crypto!

You meet the two with your idea and this is sure to be one of the best projects I will have the pleasure to invest with this year, and of course use Jewels in-game will keep me busy on the weekends.

Thanks for the kind words Smiley

We're very excited for the possibilities of this project. The mutli targeting capabilities are something that could be pushed very far (targeting both players of the game and crypto enthusiasts)
Perryl

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 05:17:11 PM

Great, thanks. So we can see you're the same Pro4never that's on the ElitePVPers forums.

I'm interested. I just don't really have time to look into it much more right now, but, do you envision this currency being used commonly by servers like yours? Competitors? even entirely different games?

How are you doing the sale? Escrow? On an exchange?

Is this coin pure POS? %?

Or are we investing in you building a business and developing a game?
CoinBreader

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 05:29:47 PM

Well dev has a new account, and game doesnt seem that good.. iv youtube it , but ill play with your charts
New dev acc + ICO = sounds messy
sadasa

Activity: 446

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 05:37:20 PM

Thanks for the kind words Smiley

We're very excited for the possibilities of this project. The mutli targeting capabilities are something that could be pushed very far (targeting both players of the game and crypto enthusiasts)

You're more than welcome, credit where credit is due you have started a ball rolling here.

There are endless possibilities for this project so I am also very excited with you, you bring escrow to the virtual world for the safest trading, maybe even eventually cutting escrow out and replacing with smart-contracts, crypto gambling, provably fair gambling, and so much more when you think about it. I predict this project can produce leaders in the sector of gaming and will be very successful indeed.

Well dev has a new account, and game doesnt seem that good.. iv youtube it , but ill play with your charts
New dev acc + ICO = sounds messy

Because he is new to crypto but I guess yobit doesn't care if you actually read before you post. It would have been easy enough for him to buy a crappy hero account what means what exactly? Now he is trusted lol In reality, this is a very trusted and long standing guy in the gaming world so you should actually do some due diligence before you type away without a care in the world.

B2

BitDouble.io

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: